Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Necrothatcher posted:

I thought Armored Core was basically Mechwarrior clunky robots but this looks more like Zone of the Enders and I am DOWN

AC games since their inception have been fast action games compared to the sim style of Mechwarrior/Battletech, it's just that 'fast action' on the PSX looks quaint to us now. But if you look at where the series went with speed after AC3, they are blindingly fast even by 2023 standards.

AC6 actually looks like it's splitting the difference here which I think is reasonable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

ZoE plays more like what I guess we’d call a “character action game” now but with free movement on all 3 axes.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

How does Armored Core V play on the PlayStation 3 emulator?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I said come in! posted:

How does Armored Core V play on the PlayStation 3 emulator?

Not great last time I tried it

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

History Comes Inside! posted:

Not great last time I tried it

Bummer, I still have my PS3 but was hoping to play it at a higher screen res.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
This is going to be one of the best gaming years ever

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Escobarbarian posted:

i am losing my mind.

firewalker
Aug 7, 2008

veni veni veni posted:

Really no words for how much I hate the enemy ai design in HFW it’s so loving bad

Having really liked HZD, HFW was such a disappointment to me. I got to SF and always just put off playing the rest. The fights are overly complicated with ennemies chasing you over the whole map (and then you need to trek back to pick up the broken parts), Aloy gets knocked down way too long, the only mode they have is in your face while you juggle with the infinite weapon wheel that never has quite what you need to deal with the mix of ennemies they put in front of you. It really feels like they took one step forward, but two back. I hope they course correct for the third and make the encounters more fun and less sweaty for the sake of being sweaty. I complained to my friend about it and he gave me a huge blank stare so it is good to see I am not the only one feeling that way!

Thanks for all your comments on the TVs. It seems sub 16 ms is fine for FPS. The Sony has 17 in 60 hertz, it seems negligible but I need to check more data on that. The Sony tax is a good argument, but seems a non-issue with the current prices of the models I'm eyeing here in Quebec. I decided to steer away from Samsung since they apparently pushed firmwares that made the s90b worse for some obscure reasons and I can't trust a company that would do that.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

firewalker posted:

with ennemies chasing you over the whole map

People keep saying this but, like, you can just run away and they disengage and go back to what they were doing. Or, you know, you can just get in there and gently caress them up and not get chased or whatever.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

You can literally just pop a smoke bomb and hide in a bush.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Or grapple onto your birb

Johnny Postnemonic
Apr 27, 2023

I want to get online...
I need to post!

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

i am losing my mind.

I am losing my wallet

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT

Escobarbarian posted:

Armoured core…shadow of the erdtree. The year of purchasing exactly 1.5 games will also be one of the best

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

FF16 console

https://www.gematsu.com/2023/04/ps5-final-fantasy-xvi-bundle-limited-edition-dualsense-wireless-controller-and-console-cover-announced

Johnny Postnemonic
Apr 27, 2023

I want to get online...
I need to post!

Imagine the extra power it could have pulled off if they had read the OP recently and gone with that...

:vince: :vince:

Johnny Postnemonic fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Apr 27, 2023

firewalker
Aug 7, 2008

ImpAtom posted:

You can literally just pop a smoke bomb and hide in a bush.

That's fair. I should probably try using more smokes. I stand by my other criticisms though.

Mr Snips
Jan 9, 2009

I remember that one fast travel point in HFW that had a good chance of spawning 3 kangaroos right next to you as soon as you load in

The first time I found it very funny, the second time it was much less so because I just wanted to use the bench and not have to deal with all of this poo poo

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

https://twitter.com/peacock/status/1651617208827805696?s=20

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I'm good.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

I’m not entirely sure why anyone thought a Twisted
Metal TV series was a good idea.

Johnny Postnemonic
Apr 27, 2023

I want to get online...
I need to post!

lmao hell yeah this too. did a double take yesterday when i was checking the imdb coming soon section and saw gran turismo for cinéma :eyepop:

Johnny Postnemonic
Apr 27, 2023

I want to get online...
I need to post!

CottonWolf posted:

I’m not entirely sure why anyone thought a Twisted
Metal TV series was a good idea.

for that new game/remaster hope

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

A game! I said I wanted a new game! Stupid monkey paw.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

No Axel, no WATCH-el

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I want to get AC6 just for the environments and backgrounds

Wanna dodge in and out of the city-sized stompy thing

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

BisterdDave posted:

Just funny to see it so blatantly admitted to

"Here's our plan to fix/finish a game over the next several weeks that many of you plan on purchasing day 1"

I dont think ive played a single game in recent memory that did not have a patch at or around launch. Even really polished games still get patches

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I remember the rumors of this, but thought it was fake.

[edit]
ooh wait this is a TV show because.... reasons? I dont care. Give me a new game you cowards.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Also in the era before patches games were just released bugs and all and occasionally later printings had fixes.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
I go back to 2/Black/Head On a lot and my hype for the show is in the negative.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Augus posted:

I dont think ive played a single game in recent memory that did not have a patch at or around launch. Even really polished games still get patches

Didn't FF7 Remake spend something insane like 7 months not getting any patches when it came out?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

RareAcumen posted:

Didn't FF7 Remake spend something insane like 7 months not getting any patches when it came out?

Square is really bad about post-launch support. They abandon their games very quickly, except for FFXIV. Final Bar Line has been another exception too.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

RareAcumen posted:

Much laughs were had at the apartment door N64 quality texture.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Finished The Legend of Dragoon. That ending sequence sure was something. Final credits track was pretty good. Overall a completely dumb game that I'm glad I played so that I never have to play it again lol. Oh, did I mention i got the plat??

:greenangel:

acksplode
May 17, 2004

I said come in! posted:

Square is really bad about post-launch support. They abandon their games very quickly, except for FFXIV. Final Bar Line has been another exception too.

Iirc the takeaway was that FF7R didn't have any serious bugs that needed patches, it was a pretty high quality release relative to what's normal these days. There were some low res textures including the meme door but that was a questionable optimisation decision rather than a bug that urgently needed fixing. Game pretty much worked and performed well at launch.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

imhotep posted:

i started citizen sleeper on PC and then it got announced for PS5 so i stopped playing, because id rather play it on console but i just sort of forgot that it came out, good call.

Just finished it and cried my loving eyes out, genuine masterpiece imo, absolutely loved it and felt such a connection to the station and its inhabitants.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

acksplode posted:

Iirc the takeaway was that FF7R didn't have any serious bugs that needed patches, it was a pretty high quality release relative to what's normal these days. There were some low res textures including the meme door but that was a questionable optimisation decision rather than a bug that urgently needed fixing. Game pretty much worked and performed well at launch.

There was a really common softlock bug in a vent in the Shinra building that cost me (and many others) about 30 mins since the last save!

acksplode
May 17, 2004

You messed with the will of the whispers and severed the thread of fate. Bug report closed as invalid

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

:mad:

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

they would've patched FFVIIR sooner but they had to deal with fierce internal opposition from Door-hater Andy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Jedi Survivor is the first game I’ve seen to launch at 5am UK time on PS5 instead of midnight, that’s very weird