Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
HARDEST kong to ESCAPE from
This poll is closed.
Donkey Kong 8 4.88%
Diddy Kong 3 1.83%
Dixie Kong 8 4.88%
Funky Kong 49 29.88%
Chunky Kong 8 4.88%
Bluster Kong 5 3.05%
Lanky Kong (demanded by Cheetah) 53 32.32%
Max Castillo 6 3.66%
Billy Mitchell 18 10.98%
Steve Wiebe 6 3.66%
Total: 164 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

VostokProgram posted:

if I buy a Sega Genesis tshirt but I'm too young to have played the Genesis is that stolen valor

yes but stealing valor is cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

Infinitum posted:

That is def some art

sure is

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Glad to see you're out of the closet, mate

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

not cool that they had to hurt someone in doing so though

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

CottonWolf posted:

They really really would not. They’d look like petulant children, loving over an economy and themselves out of spite. They have defence contracts with the UK, their software runs the hospitals. How do you think they’d look if they left the country with those ongoing commitments because they weren’t allowed to buy a company? Why would any government ever contract with them again, when they’ve proven they’re happy to gently caress you over should you make a regulatory decision they dislike?

Kicking Microsoft out of the U.K. is a threat the government made. Microsoft isn't leaving if they don't get the merger, they argued already that kicking them out over the merger going through would be a massively bad thing for the reasons you stated. They are leaving it in the hands of the U.K. government to make the right choice here.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Hitman 3 is pretty good

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

hatty posted:

Hitman 3 is pretty good

I want to buy this finally once its on a deep discount.

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023
Maractus

I said come in! posted:

I want to buy this finally once its on a deep discount.

buy it now

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

i NEED to try out the roguelike mode, it would be good for my soul...

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
The roguelike mode is great, it forces you to be a bit messy and roll with the punches. I’m having a ton of fun with it

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

I said come in! posted:

Kicking Microsoft out of the U.K. is a threat the government made. Microsoft isn't leaving if they don't get the merger, they argued already that kicking them out over the merger going through would be a massively bad thing for the reasons you stated. They are leaving it in the hands of the U.K. government to make the right choice here.

yeah this sure would be bad. microsoft had definitely better not complete the merger then

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The Steam Summer sale is at the end of June.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Disco Elysium is leaking

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I wish this game could just be a single player offline JRPG. So much of it is cool, but it really didn't need to be a exploitative gacha.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I said come in! posted:

I wish this game could just be a single player offline JRPG. So much of it is cool, but it really didn't need to be a exploitative gacha.

Saw that it looks like a lot of fun, but because of gacha yall know the end game means the freebie characters are worthless.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Infinitum posted:

Saw that it looks like a lot of fun, but because of gacha yall know the end game means the freebie characters are worthless.

Pretty much, that is how Genshin was. You eventually get to a point where you are forced into spending money, or being ultra patient and getting good pulls that are extremely unlikely to happen. That is how that Ni no Kuni mobile game was too. I was actually having a lot of fun with that one until I got into the level 80 range, and then all of a sudden it became really obvious that I needed to spend money to make more progress, and it was going to be in the hundreds of dollars.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Always gotta side eye free to plays

There's always a money grab at the end

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Dabir posted:

Disco Elysium is leaking

the stanley parable

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
I gotcha gatcha right here

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

this is unlocking a core memory what the gently caress

explain

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

There was a popular let's play of it a long time ago

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Kerrzhe posted:

this is unlocking a core memory what the gently caress

explain

How about this one

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Infinitum posted:

not true at all, the free characters are really good in this game and, you can play all of genshin except for the whale dungeon with its freebies

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Infinitum posted:

How about this one

no i dont think i played that one. i definitely played the weird space trading game though.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Saint Freak posted:

:sickos:

Been really enjoying Limbus. Helps that the starter characters are really good, also helps that the pity is literally "build up enough character shards and you can buy literally any of their Identities/EGOs" + you get so much pity currency from things that aren't the gacha

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

"chop" her skull? wrong word to use

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Gazillionaire owns

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

I didn't have trouble with any of the Myst puzzles but Riven is kicking my rear end.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

sirtommygunn posted:

I didn't have trouble with any of the Myst puzzles but Riven is kicking my rear end.

Yeah, Riven is a significant step up in puzzle difficulty.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Infinitum posted:

How about this one

McZee (don’t know if he spoke in this but he does in 3D Movie Maker) was voiced by Mike Shapiro, the voice of G-Man and Barney. Kinda sad him and G-Man didn’t have swapped voices

Finished Citizen Sleeper (and the extra chapters) and JESUS CHRIST what an incredibly powerful game, I was an absolute mess during the final moments, fantastic stuff, highly recommended for anyone who likes narrative game stuff, can’t remember where it placed in last year’s poll but it wasn’t high enough

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

sirtommygunn posted:

Riven is one of my favorite games and it's hard but I always thought it was hard in a relatively fair way.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Infinitum posted:

at least for now they've been perfectly fine. it's the 4th slot that's been useless to me at the moment because it's been Asta who is only good for the fire element. i'll need a healer at some point

but the starting 3 i might keep in my party the whole way. i am not lured by gacha tricks

i stopped at the underground town for now

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Riven is one of my favorite games and it's hard but I always thought it was hard in a relatively fair way.

I love Riven so much because the game would be so easy if you lived on Riven, but because you don't you need to reverse-engineer an entire culture to solve the puzzles

It's really, really cool

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Myst IV was also big on diegetic puzzles, though in a different way. All the puzzles were like, trying to figure out how to work a machine without the manual, or trying to figure out some guy's password from the contents of his diary.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Escobarbarian posted:

McZee (don’t know if he spoke in this but he does in 3D Movie Maker) was voiced by Mike Shapiro, the voice of G-Man and Barney. Kinda sad him and G-Man didn’t have swapped voices

Finished Citizen Sleeper (and the extra chapters) and JESUS CHRIST what an incredibly powerful game, I was an absolute mess during the final moments, fantastic stuff, highly recommended for anyone who likes narrative game stuff, can’t remember where it placed in last year’s poll but it wasn’t high enough

Wait G-Man is Barney??

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

TheWorldsaStage posted:

Wait G-Man is Barney??

The shocking twist!!!!! but they’re the same voice actor yeah

Ramie
Mar 2, 2021

Saint Freak posted:

isn't that the one with a character officially titled "The One Who Grips"

i think i'll start playing Arknights because of the deranged snake woman

Ramie fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Apr 27, 2023

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The entire Waypoint team has been terminated in a round of VICE layoffs and the final day of operation for the site will be June 2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ramie
Mar 2, 2021

they have been talking about how inhospitable the industry is getting so i don't doubt at least one of them will leave it entirely after this. that loving sucks