Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

MisterOblivious posted:

He pays for Twitter.

Literal Big Divorce Guy, only topped by Steven Crowder

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

It's gonna be silly when the actual root cause of the mix up is something stupid like the title "Magic: The Gathering - March of the Machines: Aftermath" being too long for the label stuck onto the crate and it being truncated to "Magic: The Gathering - March of the Machines: " with nobody noticing.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
They did all this to distract us from the fact they're trying to sell us boosters packs of 5 garbage

neaden
Nov 4, 2012

A changer of ways
WotC literally put the wrong cards in packs and spoiled reveals recently, so in the absence of any other evidence I can believe they made a mistake again.

Khanstant posted:

They did all this to distract us from the fact they're trying to sell us boosters packs of 5 garbage
seriously, who is going to be opening this mini set. You can't draft it, nothing looks eternal playable, are they just hoping people want the desparked walkers for commander?

neaden fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Apr 27, 2023

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Sickening posted:

"Cannon says that they “forced themselves” at least partially through the door and prevented her from closing the door all the way."

Anyone defending that is a garbage human being.

Jesus loving christ

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Bright side, everyone gets to be aware that the Pinkerton's still exist.

Comical response to the issue. Even being the most charitable to wotc, assuming the guy didn't respond to their outreaches, and they wanted to collect the wrappers before garbage day, just the worst possible orgs to hire for the job. Maybe DARPA would have been worse? It was days following the first video publishing - just fly one of your own people out there. No way it was more cost effective to hire an outside agency for that gig.

Also comical to me is how gleeful Nahari and Nissa's stride is here - particularly after we just saw the former get horror-spliced into a molten sword arm chimera and the later lose their legs to robot tentacles. nvm, everything's great and we're all gonna go on a lovely walk together into the future ~xoxo

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

did that guy add these details from his original video or is he saying he was pressured into making that first one?

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Leperflesh posted:

This is a really uncharitable reading and also an unnecessary post, don't do this.

no it's basic pattern recognition for posts throughout multiple years across multiple subforums. if you want mod effectively rather than burst into a thread and roll a die for conflict resolution you should at least have seen some posts from the regulars before.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Tonfa posted:

no it's basic pattern recognition for posts throughout multiple years across multiple subforums. if you want mod effectively rather than burst into a thread and roll a die for conflict resolution you should at least have seen some posts from the regulars before.

This is a really uncharitable reading and also an unnecessary post, don't do this.

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016
The Something Awful forums, known for their charity to users.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Tonfa posted:

magic the gathering players, known for always being correct in what patterns they read into things

like, idk what i can say other than again i think wotc can get hosed and i have no investment in their success or even further existence. i have never bought paper magic and if arena shuts down tomorrow i'm gonna be a little bummed but i'll move on. whatever you think you've decided about me is just entirely wrong, especially with the 'across multiple subforums' bit (i don't even know what else you're saying i could possibly do this to. given your avatar maybe wwe?? i haven't touched wwe in years and when i did watch i certainly could spare vitriol freely and def did so)

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Tonfa posted:

I mod TG, this is the space with which I am concerned and responsible for, and while I do check rap sheets and I also read this thread, it is not my problem nor responsibility to review all of a poster's posts elsewhere in order to tell people to not post weird bad faith gotcha posts in the magic the gathering thread.

You, and "Fucker," can take posts about posts about posters and/or your advice for effective moderation, to: reports, PMs with mods and admins, the TG feedback thread, or the SAD forum.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Oh I thought Giada died after the events of SNC... seems like she's doing well in MOM

Edit: hmm maybe worth a brew...

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
it's a fun card but i had to reread it a few times to not assume 'you can cast those cards from the top of your library as if they had flash' was somewhere on it

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Oh I thought Giada died after the events of SNC... seems like she's doing well in MOM

I could see a fun commander deck in this, somehow, combining Errant and Giada + Raff Capashen, Ship's Mage + Taigam, Ojutai Master to just be able to cast a bunch of permanents off the top of the deck or at instant speed and give your instants and sorceries rebound while being uncounterable.

UW Rulebreakers!

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Framboise posted:

I could see a fun commander deck in this, somehow, combining Errant and Giada + Raff Capashen, Ship's Mage + Taigam, Ojutai Master to just be able to cast a bunch of permanents off the top of the deck or at instant speed and give your instants and sorceries rebound while being uncounterable.

UW Rulebreakers!

Raff doesn't have any interaction eith E&G because he doesn't actually give them Flash. OG Teferi does, but only for creatures

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

Toshimo posted:

Raff doesn't have any interaction eith E&G because he doesn't actually give them Flash. OG Teferi does, but only for creatures

Less about them interacting, more about just doing a bunch of stuff you can't normally do.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Framboise posted:

UW Rulebreakers!

hmm the brew is forming...

ah, restoration angel is not on Arena :negative:

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

A lot of the good humans have flying in modern. 3 cmc is a bit of constraint though.

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I really like this art

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I know most effects of the kind say 'You may cast X as if they had Flash' are are there any that just give it?

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

I know most effects of the kind say 'You may cast X as if they had Flash' are are there any that just give it?

https://scryfall.com/card/tsr/91/teferi-mage-of-zhalfir

Gives creatures not on the battlefield flash, think it would work with this.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

AFAIK the only card that does is Teferi, Magle of Zhaalfir.
Which, btw, works.

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Giant robots shouldn't fight!

HootTheOwl posted:

Which, btw, works.

Magle

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
Magle

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

this mf'er said Magle.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
Magle the Glomering

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

Magle the Glomering

Owlbear Camus posted:

this mf'er said Magle.

aaaaaa this is killin me :xd:

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

rickiep00h posted:

aaaaaa this is killin me :xd:

died of chronic magle

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
new deck, barely magled

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

Owlbear Camus posted:

this mf'er said Magle.

Thread title right here

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Owlbear Camus posted:

this mf'er said Magle.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
The thread is finally healing :unsmith:

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016
all my magles gone

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

HootTheOwl posted:

Which, btw, works.

Was the grink there?

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

hmm the brew is forming...

ah, restoration angel is not on Arena :negative:

It is. It was in the jumpstart last year.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
Errant and Giada would fit really well into the Aminatou uneven manavalue deck

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

Framboise posted:

The thread is finally healing :unsmith:

Magleing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Goa Tse-tung posted:

Errant and Giada would fit really well into the Aminatou uneven manavalue deck

I find that deck very odd.