Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Ah, thanks for the info. I played the vanilla game about a month ago and ended up plowing through it in an evening.

Something to look forward to, then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

consider why we have a rule about not equating anime watching or playing with pedophilia and what that says about some people's attitudes to anything anime

well yeah hence why i'm directly asking forums poster Jack Trades what he's implying

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/SkillUpYT/status/1651351606863233025

Why oh why do I never learn my lesson

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

I don't think she likes the special sauce, Rick.

I respect PCs refusing on principle to willingly render Cal's hideous facial hair.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

anilEhilated posted:

Ah, thanks for the info. I played the vanilla game about a month ago and ended up plowing through it in an evening.

Something to look forward to, then.

Game is as good as it is short.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Has Returnal been all fixed up on PC yet?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Consoles have the same audio bugs too, which is kinda funny because Fallen Order has the same problem.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

well yeah hence why i'm directly asking forums poster Jack Trades what he's implying

I don't have anything else to say without the my lawyer. Am I free to go, officer?

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
I for one am glad that the Mihoyo gacha games will never have a jacked manly tough guy, because that means I'll never be tempted to roll :v:

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=daqiI4UIwqU

Yep can't wait to dive back in.

Also, it's called Golden Idol Mysteries: The Spider of Lanka.

Maybe hinting at further cases under the Golden Idol Mysteries umbrella.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

The 7th Guest posted:

drat 1070 min req

1070 is the baseline now. Coincidentally, that's the one I have.

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

The 7th Guest posted:

drat 1070 min req

the 1070 released almost 7 years ago

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/DailyJSurvivor/status/1650934448492257285

You know in my day we just had to fight the spiders and kill them

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

zoux posted:

What does it replace them with though? If it's not a Gungan then its a huge missed opportunity.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Donnerberg posted:

That's mostly accurate. Microsoft are doing monthly security updates for Windows 7 though. The mantra that they don't is self-perpetuating since contradicting it ends in yelling. On the other hand, I'm sure those updates only have the bare minimum needed to squirm through whatever legal obligation enforces them.

technically, yeah, but only for volume licensed customers since 2020 and only for azure-hosted vms since january of this year. for normal people it's a dead os

pedro0930
Oct 15, 2012
Realized in Shadow of Doubts the reason why I couldn't find the target after trashing the entire floor (target livings on the 15th floor of certain building) is because the clue given for the mission is...wrong. Or I guess misleading. They actually live on the 14th floor you see, because the game labeled the first floor G, then 1, then 2...and so on.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Mordja posted:

Has Returnal been all fixed up on PC yet?

It only received one patch on 2/17, shortly after release. I didn't really notice much impact on performance but I have a weird set of specs, maybe it was more significant for more standard setups. From what I read it didn't sell well on PC and there haven't been any further developer comments about it, at least not on Steam. Loved the game but I think its current state is as good as it's going to get.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

pedro0930 posted:

Realized in Shadow of Doubts the reason why I couldn't find the target after trashing the entire floor (target livings on the 15th floor of certain building) is because the clue given for the mission is...wrong. Or I guess misleading. They actually live on the 14th floor you see, because the game labeled the first floor G, then 1, then 2...and so on.

Oh the ground floor/1st floor thing

Yeah Americans get hit by that mixup in the UK all the time

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

pedro0930 posted:

Yeah like Runa says that's a UK/US whoopsie. Guess your detective is from overseas.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

It only received one patch on 2/17, shortly after release. I didn't really notice much impact on performance but I have a weird set of specs, maybe it was more significant for more standard setups. From what I read it didn't sell well on PC and there haven't been any further developer comments about it, at least not on Steam. Loved the game but I think its current state is as good as it's going to get.

it's had 3 more patches since then, the last one just days ago https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1649240

can't vouch for what state it's in though, i haven't picked it up yet

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

zoux posted:

What does the tweet say? I panicked and threw my monitor into the wall when I saw the image.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Oops! ALL Spiders

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

repiv posted:

it's had 3 more patches since then, the last one just days ago https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1649240

can't vouch for what state it's in though, i haven't picked it up yet

drat, guess my Steam broke itself again and stopped displaying the patches. Might fire it back up again in that case, tagging along with randos in multiplayer was a lot of fun even if the player base seemed small and it took a while to pair up with the matchfinder.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Brightman posted:

I'm gonna go see if I can figure out the last side-job I accepted where the only instructions I received were "Ask the staff for Garcia". No idea which staff at what business...so...not too hopeful about solving this one.
Edit: After typing all that, though, duh, the specific thing about those instructions is just asking the staff at the place you found the note. You'll get a new dialogue option that you were supposed to "Ask for Garcia" and the person working there should give you something to start the job.

An interesting thing about Shadows of Doubt, especially with side-jobs, when you have real sparse information is that you can always try finding out more information about who listed the job. You might have to get real creative depending on how you get the job details - like if it's a phone call, you might have to go searching call records to track down where a call was made at what time, or if you meet in person you might try tailing them home - but generally once you know how to find the job's commissioner, you can usually drastically narrow your search parameters for the intended target - even if you don't find any specific clues written down at their home or in their v-mail, they're usually after people they know like neighbors or co-workers. It's not a guarantee that the game didn't have an error in case generation, but in a game all about detective work, it's kind of cool to be able to sleuth it out like that, no?

I did get the bug of phasing through an apartment wall while standing up from a bench, though, so game's definitely still got some jank.

Hogama fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Apr 27, 2023

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man

super sweet best pal posted:

My computer's so old I'm afraid to make any changes to it for fear of the whole thing breaking down.

My gamer, windows 7 is almost old enough an sa moderator would not be interested. It is time to move on

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Phobeste posted:

My gamer, windows 7 is almost old enough an sa moderator would not be interested. It is time to move on

lol

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

lol

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

zoux posted:

People are seriously such pussies these days lmao

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯

Mr.Acula posted:

drat, edgy if true

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Mr.Acula posted:

why can't people just ration away their irrational fears??

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Current status: Angry about subs :argh:

Beyond Sunset is a retro-style FPS that goes all in on the retro by also being set in a Neon-80s Cyberpunk setting. Right down to you running around mixing gunplay and slashing dudes with a katana. But it also isn't afraid to mix things up by adding really fluid movement controls to let you slip and slide around the map and RPG elements. While the aesthetics and gameplay are banging, I personally found the movement to be a little too out-of-control to handle, but I also said that about Severed Steel and people liked that, so go nuts.

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

I don't like them at all but knowing that the big limbless orb or large cute creature or whatever they replace it with is actually an invisible, monstrous, secret spider wearing something else's skin is worse. It's why the fuckin mimics in Prey suck so much.

Squiggle fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Apr 28, 2023

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

super sweet best pal posted:

Yes Steam, I get that you hate poors but I could live without the nastygram cluttering up my UI.

it was a free upgrade, possibly still is, never makes u activate it anyway, and is easily piratable. the min specs for 7 and 10 are the same. stop using an insecure os because "poor" bcos im p sure that means ur one of the last ppl who wants their poo poo stolen in that case.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Rappaport posted:

I think I'm about to find out in about 200 days

e: Regards to Steam telling their users on old operating systems to go gently caress themselves

epically and pointlessly running a lovely outdated os and demanding everyone support it 3 years after i shouldve upgraded.

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

Your Casio keyboard OS is a liability to support and choosing to be so indignant about devs not supporting your continued use of something the makers themselves have abandoned is an extremely dumb hill to die on.

(hi stux)

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...

Squiggle posted:

I don't like them at all but knowing that the big limbless orb or large cute creature or whatever they replace it with is actually an invisible, monstrous, chittering spider wearing something else's skin is worse. It's why the fuckin mimics in Prey suck so much.

The disembodied cat heads in Satisfactory were way more frightening than the spider monsters they replaced.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Steam client got an updated look apparently.

https://twitter.com/Steam/status/1651720424085131265?t=dyfwb8Y7Vnidc5A8O6h2BA&s=19

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

Ahhh, the perfect UI change for an old man - barely one.

EDIT wait oh poo poo, they officially added overlay pinning:

quote:

We've also added the ability to pin windows from the overlay, so that they can appear on top of the game while in-game. Opacity level is adjustable, and only the contents of the window will be pinned - excluding the title bar and other extraneous UI. This new functionality is available for Notes, Guides, Discussions, and the web browser (yes, you can watch movies while you play games if you really want to).

Nice.

Squiggle fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Apr 28, 2023

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Mr.Acula posted:

Where is my clown slider

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Squiggle posted:

Ahhh, the perfect UI change for an old man - barely one.

EDIT wait oh poo poo:

Nice.
Hell yeah