Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost
Racist commentary would have carried even less weight than "Cloud based monopolies". The fat cats would have got their money and everything would swept under the rug and forgotten for the next thing to get upset about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Most people don't know about or care that the popular gun simulator factory is merging with the spreadsheet and document program factory.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

ImpAtom posted:

If you think a Chinese company buying Cawaduty wouldn't have created sone tremendously racist takes I have a bridge to sell you.

Cauwuduty

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

Escobarbarian posted:

I’m anti-capitalism but monopolies are good for the consumer

ImpAtom posted:

Cawaduty

Aaaand my daily dose of internet cringe is complete.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

You are aware I was using that term ironically, yes? I do not in fact think racist takes are good.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Jedi Survivor: The store is now saying 102.51 GB for the S version, 133.97 GB for X. Which is close to the PC version's 155 GB requirement.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

ErrEff posted:

Jedi Survivor: The store is now saying 102.51 GB for the S version, 133.97 GB for X. Which is close to the PC version's 155 GB requirement.

Considering what is being said about the PS5 version I can only imagine the S version is going to run like poo poo.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

ErrEff posted:

lazy devs

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

https://twitter.com/JeremyPenter/status/1651686947721732097?s=20

lazy devs

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Delay the game imo nobody is going to play if the patch comes out when like zelda is out. Just say oops its july now sorry and do it right

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
yet another epic western aaa fail

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

univbee posted:

A massive Chinese company buying a massive American company would have gotten wall-to-wall xenophobic coverage on all your favorite news channels, and that would have put some pressure on regulatory bodies (who might still approve it but they'd have to really justify it if all eyes are on them).

It's worth mentioning this acquisition is a bit "stealthy" for how big it is. Like odds are good your parents would have no idea this was happening.

Actually, my parents are extremely concerned about video game mergers

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

My dad wrote a family newsletter explaining why nobody should buy an xbox this Christmas, even

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

My dad wrote a family newsletter explaining why nobody should buy an xbox this Christmas, even

I'm so sorry that nom epique is your father

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.

univbee posted:

A massive Chinese company buying a massive American company would have gotten wall-to-wall xenophobic coverage on all your favorite news channels, and that would have put some pressure on regulatory bodies (who might still approve it but they'd have to really justify it if all eyes are on them).

Tencent owns almost half of Fortnite and the underlying engine technology for a majority of the gaming industry, and 100% of Riot. No one cared.

They own a supermajority of Supercell which is a bunch of mobile games popular in the US with adults and children. They own 5-20% shares in dozens of developers and publishers, including Activision and Ubisoft.

No one cares. They've focused mostly on mobile and games where the majority of the player base is in SEA, but they're buying everywhere.

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

Bud, you're gonna have to post that

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Perry Mason Jar posted:

Bud, you're gonna have to post that

It's actually just a reference to some epic xbox sharktank lore

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

They are overreacting to the problems from what i've seen and heard from others. I guess i'll know tonight when I play too! But every other review has been able to finish the game.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Univbee your son is so old

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

MJBuddy posted:

Tencent owns almost half of Fortnite and the underlying engine technology for a majority of the gaming industry, and 100% of Riot. No one cared.

They own a supermajority of Supercell which is a bunch of mobile games popular in the US with adults and children. They own 5-20% shares in dozens of developers and publishers, including Activision and Ubisoft.

No one cares. They've focused mostly on mobile and games where the majority of the player base is in SEA, but they're buying everywhere.

I'm not sure where you're looking but Tencent's buy-ins tend to be a news story and still gets brought up pretty regularly. Like even if they buy 5% stake or whatever I instantly see a bunch of fearmongering about it. poo poo I saw people going "Well if Tik-Tok gets banned what about (x thing Tencent is involved in)" during the height of all that mess.

I said come in! posted:

They are overreacting to the problems from what i've seen and heard from others. I guess i'll know tonight when I play too! But every other review has been able to finish the game.

I mostly am just wondering how they are playing the game when their twitter profile proudly claims they buy every game they review.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I think the day one patch will solve every Star Wars problem, as always

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Real hurthling! posted:

Indeed. We’re finally buying a house he can do zoomies in.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

univbee posted:

Indeed. We’re finally buying a house he can do zoomies in.

Hes like 7 or 8? Mines already 5.5

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Real hurthling! posted:

Hes like 7 or 8? Mines already 5.5

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Seems like just yesterday you were posting photos of him in a crib filled with dual shock 2's

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Real hurthling! posted:

Lol

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

ImpAtom posted:

It benefits corporations but lol at it benefitting consumers in any way that isn't Sekiro on gamepass. The arguments by Sony have been silly but any benefit to customers is 'maybe some old free stuff on Xbox'

Any large corporation consolidating more power is always a bad thing even if it means Wolverine can beat up Luke Skywalker.
You realize Twitch and YouTube wouldn't have continued to exist if they weren't acquired by a large corporation.

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.

ImpAtom posted:

I'm not sure where you're looking but Tencent's buy-ins tend to be a news story and still gets brought up pretty regularly. Like even if they buy 5% stake or whatever I instantly see a bunch of fearmongering about it. poo poo I saw people going "Well if Tik-Tok gets banned what about (x thing Tencent is involved in)" during the height of all that mess.

Admittedly I don't think I can separate what people tend to see vs what I notice because I pay a lot of attention to it. I honestly don't think people would know that Tencent is the largest gaming company in the world, despite even the constant news flow over the MS/ACTI buy. Most people would assume Nintendo or Sony.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Lammasu posted:

You realize Twitch and YouTube wouldn't have continued to exist if they weren't acquired by a large corporation.

I won't pretend I don't watch either but considering Youtube is one of the single largest peddlers of racism and conspiracy theories because their negligent owners are afraid to upset people and Twitch is a breeding ground for harassment and terrible people, I am not sure that is actually a net positive instead of "not terrible people can use this too and hopefully that outweighs some of the immense damage and exploitation involved."

MJBuddy posted:

Admittedly I don't think I can separate what people tend to see vs what I notice because I pay a lot of attention to it. I honestly don't think people would know that Tencent is the largest gaming company in the world, despite even the constant news flow over the MS/ACTI buy. Most people would assume Nintendo or Sony.

I don't think you're wrong there to be fair. It's something that gets brought up more in specific circles than general knowledge.

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Apr 28, 2023

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back

ImpAtom posted:

I won't pretend I don't watch either but considering Youtube is one of the single largest peddlers of racism and conspiracy theories because their negligent owners are afraid to upset people and Twitch is a breeding ground for harassment and terrible people, I am not sure that is actually a net positive instead of "not terrible people can use this too and hopefully that outweighs some of the immense damage and exploitation involved."

Lmao

acksplode
May 17, 2004

We need huge corporations to further entrench themselves by buying venture backed startups that by design are so loaded with capital that there's no possible outcome except to go public, get bought, or flame out. Otherwise we won't have any more unsustainably funded venture backed startups! What then? Use one of the umpteen smaller video streaming sites that would have existed if there wasn't a competitor with the money to buy market dominance? How would that make a partner at Lizard Person Capital slightly more rich? Can't bear to imagine it. Also MS is pro-union and monopolies are good for consumers. This really is the funniest thread in games.

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
ImpAtom is right. Good things just can't happen. Which is why the last few pages have been the way they've been

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

ZeeBoi posted:

https://youtu.be/8cCFN77wtHY

Lmao they did the song cover thing

sorry guys only room for one Game Pass vampire game on my Xbox

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

acksplode posted:

We need huge corporations to further entrench themselves by buying venture backed startups that by design are so loaded with capital that there's no possible outcome except to go public, get bought, or flame out. Otherwise we won't have any more unsustainably funded venture backed startups! What then? Use one of the umpteen smaller video streaming sites that would have existed if there wasn't a competitor with the money to buy market dominance? How would that make a partner at Lizard Person Capital slightly more rich? Can't bear to imagine it. Also MS is pro-union and monopolies are good for consumers. This really is the funniest thread in games.

I understand and sympathise. It can be pretty disorienting to read a thread that's actually on topic

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

acksplode posted:

You're mad.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Xbox

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

sorry guys only room for one Game Pass vampire game on my Xbox

Sometimes I forget Vampire Survivors has anything to do with vampires and not just :pcgaming: when it's right there in the name

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

Feels Villeneuve posted:

That is a shameful gamerscore.

Is this because it's too high or too low? Asking for a friend

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

:hmmyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haptical Sales Slut