Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
HARDEST kong to ESCAPE from
This poll is closed.
Donkey Kong 8 4.88%
Diddy Kong 3 1.83%
Dixie Kong 8 4.88%
Funky Kong 49 29.88%
Chunky Kong 8 4.88%
Bluster Kong 5 3.05%
Lanky Kong (demanded by Cheetah) 53 32.32%
Max Castillo 6 3.66%
Billy Mitchell 18 10.98%
Steve Wiebe 6 3.66%
Total: 164 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
Drops out into all this disorder

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/ROCKMAN_UNITY/status/1651738178976636929?s=20

MMBN Legacy Collection has sold 1 million copies worldwide in just under two weeks, the fastest selling release in the entire history of the franchise

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Waffleman_ posted:

MMBN Legacy Collection has sold 1 million copies worldwide in just under two weeks, the fastest selling release in the entire history of the franchise

Yessss the net is a million strong now. Y'all gotta try out this battle Network.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

lmao

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

lmao

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Waffleman_ posted:

I loved those games (The first 3 ones at least; I fell off with 4) so this is really cool to see

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Maybe they'll make a new Mega Man game one day

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

i lol'd irl

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

hatty posted:

Maybe they'll make a new Mega Man game one day
mega man 11 was fun

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

:hai:

I got up to a big t-rex that ate me because I wasn't paying attention and Live a Live is very good so far.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/shibuyagato/status/1552700416692977664

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

megalomania is one of the SNES's best pieces of music, and it's a shame it languished in so much obscurity before toby fox brought it to the fore by proxy

i'm also a huge fan of forgotten wings, especially the drammatica version. shimamura's truly one of the greats of video game composers

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Vermain posted:

megalomania is one of the SNES's best pieces of music, and it's a shame it languished in so much obscurity before toby fox brought it to the fore by proxy

i'm also a huge fan of forgotten wings, especially the drammatica version. shimamura's truly one of the greats of video game composers

LAL’s remake definitely has some of my all time favorite gaming bangers for sure. Everything in the eighth chapter especially is so loving good.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Vermain posted:

God, Sundown's face. I know the gimmick was that each character was designed by a different manga artist but it's real goofy seein' some of these side by side.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

just about done with the first planet in star rail and I'm prepared to say, this is a better star ocean game than, well okay any of the star oceans

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

lol

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Well the legends are true, the case of the golden idol is real good. In fact I like it more than Obra dinn, because it’s a point-and-click interface with no time wasted walking between tableaus

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

*tableaux

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Wow it’s a “that should be ‘virii’” poster, everyone’s fave

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I bought golden idol adventures because I saw a few minutes of a youtuber I like playing it, and ofc it was frustrating to watch. Don’t stream/watch blind playthroughs of puzzle games, gamers

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Protip if you are interested in the Case of the Golden Idol: if you want to play the demo, then you should stop playing IMMEDIATELY after if and when you realize that yes, I want to buy this. No progress is carried over

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

homeless snail posted:

just about done with the first planet in star rail and I'm prepared to say, this is a better star ocean game than, well okay any of the star oceans
yeah star ocean is where I landed in my post in the steam thread, it's star ocean with an actual budget

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

https://twitter.com/metallicaisrad/status/1651769632175411201

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I appreciate the word tableaux

rox
Sep 7, 2016

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/geoffkeighley/status/1651591913592737793?s=20

Geoff is never beating the sellout allegations

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Inspector Gadget in 2023?????

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

i'm trying to think if they could've made this game any uglier and i'm having a real hard time imagining it

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

It's like they tried to go for a cartoony look, but they just didn't have the budget to take it all the way

Why is Penny so much more shaded than everyone else

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
That better be the switch version

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Inspector Gadget is like the bottom tier of 80's cartoons.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Waffleman_ posted:

It's like they tried to go for a cartoony look, but they just didn't have the budget to take it all the way

Why is Penny so much more shaded than everyone else

my limited 3D knowledge guess is that they made penny's face rounder to match the cartoon's style but didn't actually know how to (or possibly weren't paid enough) set up custom anime-style shadow maps, so she's getting a double dose of textured shadows and environmental shadows

the literal only reason i can think of for this game existing is that they're about to lose the rights and need to pump something out fast

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Did you know that the current rights holders of Inspector Gadget do not have the rights for the famous theme song?

It has not been used since like the 80s with the sole exception of the live-action movie.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Gonna miss waypoint a lot. Lol at the 9S stuff but it's telling to me that the thing people are apparently still raking them over the coals over were some editorial decisions 6 years ago that were admittedly lovely but like. Feels like some circular firing squad old-grudge poo poo.

It's been my favorite podcast in the games space for quite a while now but I never really read the articles anyway. Some of the spinoff content like Lore Reasons will be forever in my heart. I can take or leave Klepek but Rob and Ren have been carrying it for me for a while.

Huge loss imo, hope everyone there lands okay.

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
Drops out into all this disorder

NmareBfly posted:

Gonna miss waypoint a lot. Lol at the 9S stuff but it's telling to me that the thing people are apparently still raking them over the coals over were some editorial decisions 6 years ago that were admittedly lovely but like. Feels like some circular firing squad old-grudge poo poo.

It's been my favorite podcast in the games space for quite a while now but I never really read the articles anyway. Some of the spinoff content like Lore Reasons will be forever in my heart. I can take or leave Klepek but Rob and Ren have been carrying it for me for a while.

Huge loss imo, hope everyone there lands okay.

its not just the forcefem fanfic and they also did actual real rear end harm to people. no amount of funny podcasts or monster hunter colonialism articles is worth it to me in return, and the fact that you think this is dumb firing squad stuff sucks. like im sure the devs of the red string club loved their game being misinterpreted as it was and also theirtrans dev being called a transphobe by cis rear end danielle riendeau

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Jay Rust posted:

Wow it’s a “that should be ‘virii’” poster, everyone’s fave

bleaux me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Unlucky7 posted:

Inspector Gadget is like the bottom tier of 80's cartoons.

:mods: