Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
God Jack Campbell is the most Dan Campbell rear end player to exist in thist draft lol.

He's insanely good dropping into coverage as a Linebacker,

Gonna be a good fit for that defense

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

Very much a piece that fits into the puzzle.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I’m not going to complain about any defensive help but am bummed Gonzalez was gone. Had a moment of terror when they showed Levis.

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I'm surprised but I like what the Lions are doing.

I also like that brad dunked on all the nerds who do mocks all day and talk about positional value and how you can't draft RBs at all.

Like that nerd Reisman.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Everything I'm hearing is that these are very good players, followed by kvetching about where they were picked and all I can say to that is WHO FUCKIN' CARES? Good players are good players. Don't gently caress around, go get 'em.

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

It's only a dunk if he ends up being right.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

MJeff posted:

Everything I'm hearing is that these are very good players, followed by kvetching about where they were picked and all I can say to that is WHO FUCKIN' CARES? Good players are good players. Don't gently caress around, go get 'em.

this guy gets it

i'm sick of hearing about ASSETS. it it's not prudent to give an RB a second contract but the dude is an absolute beast for 4 years then you get a fuckin' beast running back for 4 years. LET'S EAT SOME loving KNEES BITCH.

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Parallelwoody posted:

It's only a dunk if he ends up being right.

He's right. Both will be good starters. Its just the positional value people get hung up on.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."

MJeff posted:

This is definitely the Lions way. They go after the players they want and make sure they get them. Brad Holmes said in an interview that mock drafts on the internet are all stupid and none of those people have any idea what they are talking about.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

unless the lions pick means they get rid of Justin Jackson The Ball Carrier then they can go to Hell (unless JJTBC ends up on the bears, then i will die)

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

R.D. Mangles posted:

unless the lions pick means they get rid of Justin Jackson The Ball Carrier then they can go to Hell (unless JJTBC ends up on the bears, then i will die)

I think he's a free agent...

Risdon thinks Swift is gone by Sunday.

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

Scipiotik posted:

This is definitely the Lions way. They go after the players they want and make sure they get them. Brad Holmes said in an interview that mock drafts on the internet are all stupid and none of those people have any idea what they are talking about.

Noted Has Won A NFL Playoff Game or Even Made The Playoffs person Brad Holmes lecturing the rest of the nfl on draft value is loving hilarious.

I mean, it'd be fun for him to dunk on everyone I guess but the recent history of first round RBs and off ball LBs isnt good!!!

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

adaz posted:

Noted Has Won A NFL Playoff Game or Even Made The Playoffs person Brad Holmes lecturing the rest of the nfl on draft value is loving hilarious.

I mean, it'd be fun for him to dunk on everyone I guess but the recent history of first round RBs and off ball LBs isnt good!!!

roquan was a great pick and loving ruled and i'm still bummed the bears traded him.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/mattschneidman/status/1651775459615490051

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

adaz posted:

*edit Misunderstood post

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

Mock drafts are where I can clearly see that all sports journalists are guessing and just pick who they like, regardless of if they fit the team.

If we had an NFC North Thread mock draft it would be just as reliable and just as terrible.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Danny LaFever posted:

I think he's a free agent...

well then gently caress to the lions. they are dead to me!!!!!!!!

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
It is kind of funny the lions got incredibly cocky despite still being pretty bad

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

SOL hahaha

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

I don't see what is cocky about drafting players you want and making the very obvious statement that online mock drafts are stupid.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

CharlestheHammer posted:

It is kind of funny the lions got incredibly cocky despite still being pretty bad

Drop that past tense, loser, we're sweeping your rear end again.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

MJeff posted:

Jokes on you we are bad too

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

Yeah I mean I don't mind them taking a RB in the first, but it seems like the RB they took would have still been available later, on top of the fact they seem pretty set at RB. Guess that's my hang up here but all said and done I'll trust Holmes more than my own rear end for sure. 100% would trust myself over, like, the previous past 20 years of the Lions braintrust too.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

MJeff posted:

:grin: We drafted the dollar store version of Aidan Hutchinson. You ain't touching this booty.

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

I dare you to own me with this one: mock drafts are dumb and bad and wildly off base.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

Parallelwoody posted:

Yeah I mean I don't mind them taking a RB in the first, but it seems like the RB they took would have still been available later, on top of the fact they seem pretty set at RB. Guess that's my hang up here but all said and done I'll trust Holmes more than my own rear end for sure. 100% would trust myself over, like, the previous past 20 years of the Lions braintrust too.

Other than there is no guarantee that he'd be there. Bijan went higher than mocks predicted, and the Lions don't like Swift.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

Dr. Lunchables posted:

I dare you to own me with this one: mock drafts are dumb and bad and wildly off base.

I mean there was that one guy who mocked the Texans picking at 2 & 3.

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

Dr. Lunchables posted:

Mock drafts are where I can clearly see that all sports journalists are guessing and just pick who they like, regardless of if they fit the team.

If we had an NFC North Thread mock draft it would be just as reliable and just as terrible.

I 100% would've drafted Bijuan to the packers because having him aaron jones and aj in the backfield and run the wishbone so yes

fair

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Parallelwoody posted:

They're not set at RB, Swift's days as a Lion have been numbered for a while.

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

adaz posted:

Did you forget that he worked for the rams and in what capacity? There's an argument to be made here, but this ain't it.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Mock drafts are for entertainment purposes only.

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

I was kinda shocked they traded Hockensen instead of Swift last season. It worked out, but it was still a very big “Huh?!” Kind of moment.

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

Parallelwoody posted:

Did you forget that he worked for the rams and in what capacity? There's an argument to be made here, but this ain't it.

Todd Gurley is the only RB that Les Snead ever drafted in the 1st round and he's never drafted a ILB but sure. I mean obviously if that dude is todd gurley -type productivity you're going to take it and it'll be a win

adaz fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Apr 28, 2023

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
Odd lions picks but if they’re good the lions will be satisfied

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Bears are going to get Levis in the third

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

ok i've been reading up on Wright and i'm getting hype for this dude to whip some rear end. looks like the guy they told us teven jenkins was without the crippling back injury.

would've preferred skoronski but that's because i'm an insane northwestern homer and i desperately need another northwestern guy on the bears since they got rid of sherrick mcmanis.

i really want them to get adebawore but he won't be there at the end of the second, but if they pick up Evan Hull as a 7th rounder or UDFA i'll be thrilled.

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Darnell Wright locked up Anderson and threw him in jail.

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?
Dude the Lions could've had Gonzalez and Cancey, or Van Ness or Nolan Smith.

Htf can Holmes lose my trust so loving quickly. He's pounding the table for someone who might've been picked in the late 20s and you got him at 12. gently caress right off. Then Campbell who we could've got with the pick we got for trading down?! Why were we happy for the Rams sucking?

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.

Jen X posted:

Odd lions picks but if they’re good the lions will be satisfied

If you hit on every pick in the day one and day two rounds and periodically people in the day three rounds, you're gonna be just fine regardless of what positions you're valuing because there are so many busts. So yeah, if they both end up being above-average starters they probably won't be broken-hearted.

surf rock fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Apr 28, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

MJeff posted:

They're not set at RB, Swift's days as a Lion have been numbered for a while.

Sure, but he's in a contract year with Montgomery on the roster. Ride him out and draft a RB next year, unless you really believe Gibbs is the guy. I guess to drill down to it, they score enough points already - it would be nice if they could stop the other team from scoring more. And maybe having a stud in the backfield and a new LB will help with that! In conclusion, the Lions are winning the superbowl.