Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kupo!
Sep 14, 2009

Just follow me through this wall, I can show you things
no mortal eyes were meant
to see.

rex rabidorum vires posted:

Yeah this isn't how that works.

Fair enough, I know gently caress all about how these things work. I'm just surprised the Avs would just tell him "go home" and wash their hands of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

Matt Zerella posted:

I can't wait for Gerard Gallant to be fired. It's gonna be cathartic and awesome. Dave Hakstol and Lindy Ruff are doing better than him :lol:

if we lose this series ya better start calling us disgraced former United States Army Lieutenant General Michael Flynn, cause we're going full Q!!

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

DO YALL WANT A BOXC posted:

if we lose this series ya better start calling us disgraced former United States Army Lieutenant General Michael Flynn, cause we're going full Q!!

Please no. Isn't Laviolette available?

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Kupo! posted:

Fair enough, I know gently caress all about how these things work. I'm just surprised the Avs would just tell him "go home" and wash their hands of it.

The Avs were the ones who called the police. We don't know what they did with Nicushkin but they weren't hiding anything that we know of. They just haven't commented.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

https://twitter.com/mikeystephens81/status/1651770799127158784?s=46&t=HQKtcRjDK4S81BLV4tbVnw

Holl’s D partner Mark Giordano has been on for 6 goals for, 7 against all situations. And he kills penalties too.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Lol Toronto

Kupo!
Sep 14, 2009

Just follow me through this wall, I can show you things
no mortal eyes were meant
to see.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

The Avs were the ones who called the police. We don't know what they did with Nicushkin but they weren't hiding anything that we know of. They just haven't commented.

I think I've discovered the problem here, I'm an idiot who did not read the article correctly and missed it was the Avs who made the call to the police. My bad, sorry for the posts.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Kupo! posted:

I think I've discovered the problem here, I'm an idiot who did not read the article correctly and missed it was the Avs who made the call. My bad, sorry for the posts.

Considering the history of NHL teams and sexual assaults you have every right to be suspicious

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Someone could tell me that the Avalanche were running a human trafficking ring through their arena during their Cup run and I would believe that person without hesitation.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Cops can tell someone not to leave the city/state/country as you've probably seen in movies, but it's not really enforceable at that point.

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

My wildly optimistic hope is that Nichushkin didn't really do anything wrong, and the Avalanche just unofficially suspended him for being an idiot.

But I know this is going to end up with him running an international prostitution ring to support Putin's war effort

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER
extremely excited to work in Toronto tomorrow morning and will be looking for any opportunity to bring up the series and past and future trauma

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
I'm not too concerned about who wins this playoffs but man I hope Toronto doesn't go out like this again. That's just too depressing.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Ginette Reno posted:

I'm not too concerned about who wins this playoffs but man I hope Toronto doesn't go out like this again. That's just too depressing.

On the other hand the cool thing about sports is seeing unbelievable things happen!

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D

mennoknight posted:

extremely excited to work in Toronto tomorrow morning and will be looking for any opportunity to bring up the series and past and future trauma

lmfao

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Simplex posted:

My wildly optimistic hope is that Nichushkin didn't really do anything wrong, and the Avalanche just unofficially suspended him for being an idiot.

But I know this is going to end up with him running an international prostitution ring to support Putin's war effort

There’s plenty of prostitution and other issues in Seattle without a hockey player needing to run an international human trafficking ring. It’s more likely that he was a customer, but without there being any information at all about how he was involved I’m going to not jump to conclusions. I won’t rule anything out either.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Ginette Reno posted:

On the other hand, it will be extremely funny if it happens again. Imagine the firesale if they screw this up, it could be incredible.

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.
I know Toronto is capable of losing two more, please let it be. :pray:

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

The Devils rule again

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

tomanton posted:

So that's 2-18 when ahead in a series and 0-11 in closeout games. Nothing to worry about

gently caress me

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Jamwad Hilder posted:

On the other hand, it will be extremely funny if it happens again. Imagine the firesale if they screw this up, it could be incredible.

Lol yeah, leafs are well known for major changes after catastrophic fuckup after catastrophic fuckup.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

I find the Toronto Maple Leafs entertaining in every way

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Congrats to Vegas on doing the thing nobody else did this round

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Congrats to Vegas on doing the thing nobody else did this round

It's great! And did not look at all likely after the shitshow of game 1

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

tarbrush posted:

It's great! And did not look at all likely after the shitshow of game 1

Hoping and praying for Vegas/Edmonton next round, what an incredible series that would be.

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.
I know the Devils are winning with a team game, but Akira Schmid looks like the playoff goalie they needed

e: Igor was really good too

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

There is great weeb power in that neck beard

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Akira is a traditional Swiss name.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

Akira is a traditional Swiss name.

Are massive neckbeards a proud Swiss tradition too?

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
What's his forums name?

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

See, the problem with the Leafs last night is that they actually tipped the Deserve to Win o’meter:

https://twitter.com/shanessm/status/1651773470676484097?s=46&t=HQKtcRjDK4S81BLV4tbVnw

For all the talk that the Leafs were outplayed, the shot chart is illuminating. It’s not surprising that Vasilevskiy woke up, but if he keeps it up the only shot the Leafs have is somehow finding a solution for Samsonov.

Also the corgi is now 5-0 for predicting the series

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Koopa Kid posted:

Hey if a defender has been on the ice for 12 more goals against than for in 6 games, and you also have 4 perfectly capable dmen sitting around doing nothing, should the coach sit him?

After just 5 games, Marner/Rielly are +7, Holl is -7.

He's a bart chart.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Late to party but was really impressed with the Devils in Game 5 - just a rounded performance across the board from all 4 lines. Haula is blossoming as that 4th/3rd line scorer in the tail end of the season too. Shmid is incredible. Hischier and Meier are due as well..

Let's loving go.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Kind of boring, but right now 7/8 lower seeds are either eliminated or one game away.

Colorado is the only top seed not pulling their weight.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Powershift posted:

Kind of boring, but right now 7/8 lower seeds are either eliminated or one game away.

I mean the Leafs are technically leading the series, but does it actually feel like that?

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Powershift posted:

After just 5 games, Marner/Rielly are +7, Holl is -7.

He's a bart chart.

I’d be kind of impressed if it wasn’t so maddening, dude is a harbinger of goals against just stepping on the ice

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

Chad Sexington posted:

I know the Devils are winning with a team game, but Akira Schmid looks like the playoff goalie they needed

e: Igor was really good too

Devils have been really good these past two games but yeah with Vaneceks goaltending the series is over. Now it's almost the other extreme...it's pretty hard to lose with a .976

Igor has been really good too. Outstanding actually.

https://twitter.com/JamesNicholsNHL/status/1651925730425712640?s=20

And for all the talk about bringing in Swayman, Ullmark has been fantastic in the Bruins wins.

T-Bone fucked around with this message at 15:29 on Apr 28, 2023

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

My friend who is a Rangers fan had a meltdown last night over that game, especially because they got shut out by a rookie goalie. So that was pretty funny.

Edit: that shortie that NJ scored was :discourse:

Glambags
Dec 28, 2003

We'll have to see if the rangers figure out Schmid next game (they wont). He's been solid no doubt but pretty small sample size. One cool thing is that if the rangers lose game 6 maybe they get booed off the ice at msg.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.

Powershift posted:

I feel like this is downplaying how crazy these individual games have been in the first round. There's been like 15 games where a team down 2 goals comes back to at least tie, and I want to say 11 games have gone to OT? Even if the chalk ends up winning, the way they got the results has been insane.