Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Junpei posted:

But her base ID is mono-slash, so clearly she's cutting with it. Most of her animations just imply incredibly fast draw-and-sheathes.

maybe it's the cutting social commentary of her art

e: though animation-wise she doesn't keep the sheathe stationary, and when she swings it the sheathe also swings with it implying she's just whacking people with it. I dunno why that translates to slash but it seems to be what she's doing.

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Apr 28, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ariamaki
Jun 30, 2011

"I'm the most powerful
search engine in the world!"
-- The GoogleProg

Junpei posted:

But her base ID is mono-slash, so clearly she's cutting with it. Most of her animations just imply incredibly fast draw-and-sheathes.

That could also be just the sheathe itself being swung with a lot of force or speed: So far I believe there is no official art of her default katana being unsheathed. Even in Forest for the Flames it seems to be the burnt sheath being used directly, and I do not doubt that it's plot-relevant that we're never seeing the sword.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Junpei posted:

You can't really use the attack types as an indicator of what an attack is, they seem really arbitrary sometimes. Like, say, the skill literally named Slash. Which is Blunt type.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Junpei posted:

She swings the weapon and sheathe at the same time, the sheathe doesn't remain on her back.

She's just able to slice people with a blunt sheath because she's artistic like that. Or she's sharpened the sheathe so she doesn't have to draw the sword (that might be her daughter).

Lord_Magmar fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Apr 28, 2023

KobunFan
Aug 13, 2022
Or maybe SHEATHE is a acronym that's the true name of her sword.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.

KobunFan posted:

Or maybe SHEATHE is a acronym that's the true name of her sword.

Slashing Heartlessly Every Attack Through Heaven and Earth

darkfenrir
Sep 29, 2021
On note of grinding, i have finished it a few days ago and man, I wish more gacha will adopt Path to Nowhere's style where after you clear the stage once, it gives you theoption to insta finish it afterwards (unless you bring a friend).

And it doesn't penalize imperfect clear too. Just allow people to just instant finish it once you clear them once to smoothen the grind easier T_T

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

darkfenrir posted:

On note of grinding, i have finished it a few days ago and man, I wish more gacha will adopt Path to Nowhere's style where after you clear the stage once, it gives you theoption to insta finish it afterwards (unless you bring a friend).

And it doesn't penalize imperfect clear too. Just allow people to just instant finish it once you clear them once to smoothen the grind easier T_T

How is Path to Nowhere? I thought about picking it up, but I'm pretty busy as it is.

Lunatic 0verlord
Apr 9, 2022
You know something ironic I noticed?

Heathcliff is generally brutal and ruthless, yet his N Corp. ID is among the most MISERABLE of them all.

You'd think that Heathcliff would be the most psychotic of all the Inquisitors, but instead that's Faust (who admittedly is The One Who Grips). Even Rodya is more demented than him.

Ariamaki
Jun 30, 2011

"I'm the most powerful
-- The GoogleProg
Another 1,000 Lunacy payout due to MANY BUGS, HANDLE IT that will be fixed in next week's update, and more importantly: Two Week Extension on both Hell's Chicken and Refraction Railway 1!

Lunatic 0verlord
Apr 9, 2022

Ariamaki posted:

Another 1,000 Lunacy payout due to MANY BUGS, HANDLE IT that will be fixed in next week's update, and more importantly: Two Week Extension on both Hell's Chicken and Refraction Railway 1!

Neat!

I won't have to worry about failing the Bongy Plushies challenge!

Might even have time to get Don's Telepole.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

https://twitter.com/LimbusCompany_B/status/1651843155279634438

00 N Don.

RandomReader
Nov 17, 2021

A Don of immense size.

Ariamaki
Jun 30, 2011

"I'm the most powerful
-- The GoogleProg

RandomReader posted:

A Don of immense size.

THE ENORMOUS HAM(MER)

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
edit: loving beaten

darkfenrir
Sep 29, 2021

Quackles posted:

How is Path to Nowhere? I thought about picking it up, but I'm pretty busy as it is.

One of the most relaxed gacha (except the crazy difficulty on the last 2 story chapter) I have ever played imo. Especially with all the quality of life it has. Main Story got its ups and down, but I found I enjoy it, and once it hit like after ch3-4, I enjoy it more. The event story so far has been great too.

If you want to start now, you'll be in the middle of the big lunar new year event so you'll get some easy way to get stuff since there's a lot of beginner friendly stages in this event. (And some free pulls if it's still around)

---

After that PtN talk, man the new IDs look good. Time to prepare my boxes 😌

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

darkfenrir posted:

One of the most relaxed gacha (except the crazy difficulty on the last 2 story chapter) I have ever played imo. Especially with all the quality of life it has. Main Story got its ups and down, but I found I enjoy it, and once it hit like after ch3-4, I enjoy it more. The event story so far has been great too.

If you want to start now, you'll be in the middle of the big lunar new year event so you'll get some easy way to get stuff since there's a lot of beginner friendly stages in this event. (And some free pulls if it's still around)

Tempting. Very, very tempting. The character designs intrigue me.

But I'm already playing Alchemy Stars, Marvel Snap, and also this.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
It's interesting to note that while the N Corp IDs use the mooks (and Guido and Kromer)'s appearances/armor (with heads swapped) and use parts of their animations, they only use them as a starting point. Kromer never incorporates the electric shocks Faust uses in that ID, for instance.

And here, Sinclair is using the same starting stance as his base ID, with changed clothing, but it's more than just a quick clothing swap, considering those animations.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Lunatic 0verlord posted:

You know something ironic I noticed?

Heathcliff is generally brutal and ruthless, yet his N Corp. ID is among the most MISERABLE of them all.

You'd think that Heathcliff would be the most psychotic of all the Inquisitors, but instead that's Faust (who admittedly is The One Who Grips). Even Rodya is more demented than him.

He's also the most stubborn, independent, and hostile towards authority.
Success in Nagel Und hammer is pretty much entirely down to how much you fall for their brainwashing/indoctrination and willingly become a cog in the machine. At least for everyone below the right-hand man, Guido or N Meursalt, who seems to be in on it and just kinda cool with everything without needing any of that brainwashing.
So it makes sense that N Heath is languishing forever at the bottom ranks and being made to take extra scripture lessons or whatever since he's the one with the highest natural resistance to that whole deal.

darkfenrir
Sep 29, 2021

Quackles posted:

Tempting. Very, very tempting. The character designs intrigue me.

But I'm already playing Alchemy Stars, Marvel Snap, and also this.

Yeah that's why I played too. The character designs continue to win tbh (the 2 new sinners at CN is another great ones), and it really helps that the characters are intriguing. Like the new current one is Deren and she's a great filmmaker who ends up being disillusioned with the film indutry (especially Discars, which is the Oscar equivalent)

SITB
Nov 3, 2012
Both Don and Rodya want to feel special and useful so falling for the cult indoctrination makes sense for them (Meursault just has no strong feelings one way or the other).

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

darkfenrir posted:

Yeah that's why I played too. The character designs continue to win tbh (the 2 new sinners at CN is another great ones), and it really helps that the characters are intriguing. Like the new current one is Deren and she's a great filmmaker who ends up being disillusioned with the film indutry (especially Discars, which is the Oscar equivalent)

Wait, that game also calls the units Sinners? :v:

darkfenrir
Sep 29, 2021

Quackles posted:

Wait, that game also calls the units Sinners? :v:

Surprisingly, yes! Although the original words in CN is 禁闭者 which isn't sinner but just "someone who is confined" iirc. So some translation license here.

(Although because Dante got bullied a lot by Sinners, and Chief (who is the main character in PtN) is also bullied a lot by Sinners, I and some other friends end up joking about how Chief ends up in Limbus Company haha))

RandomReader
Nov 17, 2021

darkfenrir posted:

Surprisingly, yes! Although the original words in CN is 禁闭者 which isn't sinner but just "someone who is confined" iirc. So some translation license here.

(Although because Dante got bullied a lot by Sinners, and Chief (who is the main character in PtN) is also bullied a lot by Sinners, I and some other friends end up joking about how Chief ends up in Limbus Company haha))

Isn't that the exact same thing with our Sinners as well? It's more like Prisoners, hence all the base ego being them all locked up.

darkfenrir
Sep 29, 2021

RandomReader posted:

Isn't that the exact same thing with our Sinners as well? It's more like Prisoners, hence all the base ego being them all locked up.

Prisoners have their own word, so for PtN they definitely didn't use them.

Not sure on Limbus situation though, does anyone knows what they use for the KR version?

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
I don't speak Korean but with the help of Google Translate and flipping the Limbus Company website back and forth between KR and EN, the KR seems to variously use 죄수 (prisoner) and 수감자 (inmate) to refer to Sinners.

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006
n corp Meursault is clearly having some internal conflicts, his inherent atheism isn't going to gel with NuH's religious fanaticism

also of course N Heathcliff is struggling, not only are they forcing my man to read but they've invented food that is worse than british cuisine

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

I take it there's no such thing as a Großhammer? Seems weird for the Don ID to be a middle-hammer, unless I'm dumb and that's more of a rank thing rather "this is the size of my weapon" thing, lol

Name for the Sinclair ID is weird to me as well, but I'm probably missing something again; isn't that Kromer's title? What's the difference between the future/present tense in this context?

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

KazigluBey posted:

I take it there's no such thing as a Großhammer? Seems weird for the Don ID to be a middle-hammer, unless I'm dumb and that's more of a rank thing rather "this is the size of my weapon" thing, lol

Name for the Sinclair ID is weird to me as well, but I'm probably missing something again; isn't that Kromer's title? What's the difference between the future/present tense in this context?

Faust/Kromer is the One Who Grips, so presumably The One Who Shall Grip is the second in command who'll take over if the One Who Grip spot opens up.

SITB
Nov 3, 2012

KazigluBey posted:

I'm pretty sure it's a rank thing. That's why Don and Rodya are middle-hammer (since they buy into Nagel Und Hammer doctrine) while Heathcliff remains at the bottom since he wants to leave and get back to Cathy eventually.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....

KazigluBey posted:

It's a rank thing, yeah. Kleinhammers are the low rank guys (Heathcliff ID), Mittelhammers are the more distinguished vets (Don and Rodion IDs), and Großhammers (if there even are more than one) are the big second-in-command guys à la Guido (Meursault ID).

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

KazigluBey posted:

I agree, Don's hammer definitely doesn't look Mittel to me. :colbert:

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

"Today I will cause problems on purpose"
Credit where credit is due Don's voice actress is really good.

And we get the first identity where she doesn't become/is horribly depressed!

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

BisbyWorl posted:

Faust/Kromer is the One Who Grips, so presumably The One Who Shall Grip is the second in command who'll take over if the One Who Grip spot opens up.

Ooo I like this a lot! OK!

Thanks for the other replies too, still feeling like Don should be biggo-hammer but yeah I can see what you all are saying.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!

Ariamaki posted:

Oh, cool. I was never in danger of not reaching 6k plushies, but I did worry for a sec that I couldn't get Sinclair's E.G.O. This should be enough time to at least get enough shards, though I'm still a bit antsy about the new IDs being available for about two weeks. I don't think I'll be manually converting shards to thread ever again.

Ryanbomber
Sep 27, 2004

Also worth noting, given all the discussion in the thread about it, that they're aware that the event grind is A Problem

https://twitter.com/LimbusCompany_B/status/1651838329569300480

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.

Solitair posted:

Oh, cool. I was never in danger of not reaching 6k plushies, but I did worry for a sec that I couldn't get Sinclair's E.G.O. This should be enough time to at least get enough shards, though I'm still a bit antsy about the new IDs being available for about two weeks. I don't think I'll be manually converting shards to thread ever again.

basically just never convert shards and hoard your nominable boxes 'til you miss one you want from pulls. Then profit.

Such is the strategy, I think.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

TeeQueue posted:

basically just never convert shards and hoard your nominable boxes 'til you miss one you want from pulls. Then profit.

Such is the strategy, I think.

Also check whether you really want something from Dispenser at the end of a season since everything gets cut in half. Like I'll probably do with some EGOs and N Sinclair if luck is not on my side.

Lunatic 0verlord
Apr 9, 2022

Even DON is going all psycho! Heathcliff is pretty much the only one (other than Meursault) who isn't a total nutbar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
Don was always psycho.