Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

Involuntary Sparkle
Aug 12, 2004

Chemo-kitties can have “accidents” too!

sexy tiger boobs posted:

Latex was too hot for me also. I'd advise caution if you're a hot sleeper.

KakerMix posted:

Strange, our latex mattress is by far the coolest one we've ever had. Memory foam was way too warm, a typical spring mattress was OK but they just generally suck.

Anecdotes!

To add to anecdotes, I am an insanely hot sleeper. I need the room below 62 to sleep remotely comfortably. I have a memory foam topper from Costco on top of my latex mattress and it's incredibly comfortable and not hot at all. This combo has been the coolest mattress that I've ever had.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

Defenistrator posted:

Saw a lady return a bag of milk. They come in packs of 3. Costco took it back, wtf.

Another lady returned a half eaten cake and got a full refund.

Is this normal????????

iirc you can return food if 2/3 of it is left but they're pretty lenient

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

Involuntary Sparkle posted:

To add to anecdotes, I am an insanely hot sleeper. I need the room below 62 to sleep remotely comfortably. I have a memory foam topper from Costco on top of my latex mattress and it's incredibly comfortable and not hot at all. This combo has been the coolest mattress that I've ever had.

In conclusion, mattress is a land of contrasts...

BeastOfExmoor
Aug 19, 2003

I will be gone, but not forever.

Defenistrator posted:

Saw a lady return a bag of milk. They come in packs of 3. Costco took it back, wtf.

Another lady returned a half eaten cake and got a full refund.

Is this normal????????

Could theoretically be quality issues. I rarely return food stuff, but I've had several few times where stuff spoils way before the marked date or has something obviously wrong with it.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Alan Smithee posted:

anyone use these dysons

so pricey but i could probably use a thing in my bedroom when poo poo gets hot

the filters cost $70 each so that's more of a lifetime subscription than a purchase

(Dyson is generally a waste of money, op)

If you just need room cooling there are better options, even at Costco. Get the air circulating power you need without all the other bits. from what I remember reading about this thing it tries to be three things and is subpar at all three - unless space is an absolute premium and cost is no object, I think you're gonna be disappointed

Psion fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Apr 27, 2023

Beer Gay So What
Apr 20, 2023

THEY MADE THE BEER GAY AND THATS OK

This is the kind of advice I am looking for fellow nuclear sleeper. I will run it by the wife. Still think we might end up with one of the extremely middle age and unsexy robot beds where we can passively aggressively yeet the other person into a sitting position due to snoring, but will look at this at the next costco trip.

Do they have any tire deals going on too? I need summer and winter tires, really earning by 2 percent back this month.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Alan Smithee posted:

anyone use these dysons

so pricey but i could probably use a thing in my bedroom when poo poo gets hot

These things seem to be sold on the demand that people either need a whisper quiet fan or believe in some weird fan-death voodoo poo poo where they think fan blades 'chop' the air up and suffocate people sleeping while it runs.

Plus, $70 filters, which is insane, because for that much you can get one great air moving fan with a timer/remote/extra settings or whatever you need if the white noise of a fan is liable to keep you up at night.

fischtick
Jul 9, 2001

CORGO, THE DESTROYER

Fun Shoe
Costco usually has a Vornado for sale. They move tremendous amounts of air and would take out an entire apartment complex if Fan Death were a real thing. 3 speeds, but I don't think I've ever gone above Low.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Vornados also last forever. loving thing just don't die and they move so much air.

Involuntary Sparkle
Aug 12, 2004

Beer Gay So What posted:

This is the kind of advice I am looking for fellow nuclear sleeper. I will run it by the wife. Still think we might end up with one of the extremely middle age and unsexy robot beds where we can passively aggressively yeet the other person into a sitting position due to snoring, but will look at this at the next costco trip.

:aaaaa:

Holy poo poo that's brilliant. Right now I just yank on his pillow. If we had more than 2 bedrooms we'd have separate bedrooms (one's our home office).

Also we have a BedJet, it's an under the sheets air conditioner, it also works wonders for being a super hot sleeper. I need a blanket to sleep but then get way too hot, even in the winter in Seattle.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

:aaaaa:

Holy poo poo that's brilliant. Right now I just yank on his pillow. If we had more than 2 bedrooms we'd have separate bedrooms (one's our home office).

Also we have a BedJet, it's an under the sheets air conditioner, it also works wonders for being a super hot sleeper. I need a blanket to sleep but then get way too hot, even in the winter in Seattle.

Just have him go to the dentist and get a snore guard. They work great and he will probably sleep significantly better.

bizwank
Oct 4, 2002

Wendigee posted:

Vornados also last forever. loving thing just don't die and they move so much air.
I have 3, two of them are 8 years old and still going strong. Absolute beasts and fairly quiet as well.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
vorenado sounds like a sex thing

ohnobugs
Feb 22, 2003

Just don't return it after

Delpino
May 12, 2001
Forum Veteran
Church gas never does this nonsense. PBUC. https://jalopnik.com/a-sams-club-had-diesel-in-gas-holding-tanks-and-it-went-1850381459

Involuntary Sparkle
Aug 12, 2004

MarcusSA posted:

Just have him go to the dentist and get a snore guard. They work great and he will probably sleep significantly better.

Thanks, I'll suggest it to him. Not sure if there are any that work with Invisalign retainers though, and he has to wear one every night.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

https://www.costco.com/hearos-xtreme-protection-ear-plugs%2C-200-pairs.product.100804733.html

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
i want 3.99 gas but also that's pretty bad for bumfuck arkansas (all of arkansas is bumfuck)

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Involuntary Sparkle
Aug 12, 2004

I need to have quiet music playing to fall asleep and stay asleep and haven't been able to find any ear buds that work, I have tiny ears. Between that and other things I am a real life princess from the Princess and the Pea. I hate it.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

dunno if you guys have tried noise machines but i bought a Dream Egg for the baby and then i thought i should get one for myself too so i bought the LECTROFAN EVO (in black). does nothing for snoring though, but drowns out traffic and other things that may otherwise wake you up in the night.

at work i have a small desk fan going all day. white noise ftw.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
My CPAP fixes my snoring, provides white noise, humidifies the air I breathe and blows cool air directly into my body where I need it most. P amazing

Hutla
Jun 5, 2004

It's mechanical
My partner also has sleepy noise needs and he loves these Bluetooth headbands like this. He says they're super comfy and I can't hear them, which is great because his old solution was playing ebooks read out loud on an iPad that drove me crazy.

Involuntary Sparkle
Aug 12, 2004

Hutla posted:

My partner also has sleepy noise needs and he loves these Bluetooth headbands like this. He says they're super comfy and I can't hear them, which is great because his old solution was playing ebooks read out loud on an iPad that drove me crazy.

I have these for trying and failing to sleep on red-eye flights, but for regular sleeping they just shift around too much. :smith:

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Tatsuta Age posted:

this stuffs good but the bottle sucks, the stupid little flake things get caught in the nozzle all the loving time

I have great news for you. There's a new lid that isn't the twisty kind that gets blocked.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

canyoneer posted:

I have great news for you. There's a new lid that isn't the twisty kind that gets blocked.

Hell yeah, hopefully that'll be available in 2025 when I finish off my current jug of bbq sauce

Scornful Sexbot
Sep 24, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
NOT sold at costco so ban me if necessary, but I got the eight sleep pod 3 cover last year, and having a bed that automatically adjusts its own temperature based on your body temp/ambient temp and vibrates to wake you is an insane life improvement so i recommend it to anyone with a tough time sleeping.

hell get a new mattress too from Costco, now no need to ban me

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

When the tower fans go on sale I’m buying like 5 of them

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

When the tower fans go on sale I’m buying like 5 of them

Ya I'm needing one for my office I think. Just for general air movement.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
I debated whether to get the Dyson fan but honestly I'd be paying like $350 for the name so I opted to get a $44 one and a Dyson vacuum that was $90 off

Good compromise imo

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Seth Pecksniff posted:

I debated whether to get the Dyson fan but honestly I'd be paying like $350 for the name so I opted to get a $44 one and a Dyson vacuum that was $90 off

Good compromise imo

Just put the vacuum on reverse

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Just put the vacuum on reverse

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgdzo-7HYQI

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

My friend said these were good. Gonna give them a shot

MuadDib Atreides
Apr 22, 2023

by Fluffdaddy
Don’t even need to cop anything g due to a huge haul last time

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

I got the gyro kit on the recommendation of this thread.

I didn’t really like it. :(

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Josh Lyman posted:

That seemed to be the thread consensus.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
more leik gyro poo poo!!!

need to hit Costco this weekend for a bunch of essentials like TP, trash bags, etc.

Ive been eating alot of the frozen boneless skinless chicken thighs lately too. easy to thaw and cook however. I like to marinade them in gochujang sauce :haibrow:

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Josh Lyman posted:

Wife picked up one today, we'll see how it is

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Pennywise the Frown posted:

That seemed to be the thread consensus.
Did I misremember? Was it the taco kit that the thread liked?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Friend
Aug 3, 2008

Josh Lyman posted:

Did I misremember? Was it the taco kit that the thread liked?

No, I loved it and so did others. My wife (who detests lamb) and I ate it happily for like three days. I want to get more and dump it on fries like doner boxes I ate in germany. I'm sorry you didn't like it though :(