Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was the lowest point of the Simpson
Homer Votes
Harlem Shake
Keisha Tik Tok intro
Homer Live
Lisa Goes Gaga
Other (please specify)
View Results

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Mantis42 posted:

season 7 has rover hendrix, the best joke in simpsons history

That's okay but the best one is no question "...he was a zombie?"

edit: And I stand by this snipe as being worth it for visibility of my objectively correct post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

You Are A Elf posted:

Are… are they trying to make them look young in a flashback or something? :stonk:

I think it's a fan-made comment on how the art style of the show moved away from the original design style, but they can't change the original designs so the Simpsons themselves look fundamentally different to new characters.

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

PostNouveau posted:

I think it's a fan-made comment on how the art style of the show moved away from the original design style, but they can't change the original designs so the Simpsons themselves look fundamentally different to new characters.

could also be a comment on how Groenigs character designs had changed, they look a lot more like Futurama characters

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

many years went by before i realized that zap brannigan WASN'T done by billy west. thought he did a great job impersonating hartmann

Mantis42 posted:

Toxic Mental posted:

That's okay but the best one is no question "...he was a zombie?"

edit: And I stand by this snipe as being worth it for visibility of my objectively correct post.

"i'm seeing double here! Four Krusties!" would beg to differ :colbert:

Halisnacks
Jul 18, 2009
One of the under-appreciated lines is “No, I’m quite lowbrow!” from the Gabbo episode. The delivery is perfect.

Vookatos
May 2, 2013
I will always consider "Is it about my cube?" to be one of the best if not the best joke on the show.
The stupidity of Homer isn't that funny, but coupled with the fact that Burns' car was apparently just crushed and left as a cube and Burns' sincere curiosity about the state of his cube are loving hilarious.
Besides, cube is just a naturally funny word.

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

One of my favourites is
"I wonder if this Homer Nixon is any relation?"
"Unlikely sir, they spell and pronounce their names differently"

It's a funny line and so incredibly Smithers to not directly correct Mr Burns on a mistake.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Seconding "cube" :lmao: Makes me giggle any time I think about it.

pretty soft girl
Oct 1, 2004

my dead grandfather fights better than you
the unspoken punchline to "now I'm prune tracy" made me laugh until I cried the first time I saw it

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

could also be a comment on how Groenigs character designs had changed, they look a lot more like Futurama characters

Women having weird tilted eyeballs is very Futurama.

Mr Interweb posted:

many years went by before i realized that zap brannigan WASN'T done by billy west. thought he did a great job impersonating hartmann

I googled this to check and on the sidebar "Notable Alias: The Zapper". Thanks google!

The Moon Monster fucked around with this message at 12:22 on Apr 27, 2023

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
so many people liking that art in the comments. well, we knew this poo poo had to have suckers to watch it, kind of them to use their real names so we know who to blacklist

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
Fiddle dee dee. That will require a tetanus shot.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Atlas Hugged posted:

Fiddle dee dee. That will require a tetanus shot.

was dying when i saw this the first time

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

Should've got your tetanus shot

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

The sound effect and animation of the nail going in his foot is a nightmare and always brings me back to Home Alone and the time we were tearing down a deck as a kid and I was in sandals and stepped on a nail

Fingerless Gloves
May 21, 2011

... aaand also go away and don't come back
Aaronson and Zukowski are the two biggest gossips in town

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

Here's Arnie Pye with "Arnie in the Sky"

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
Probably misses his old glasses

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Fingerless Gloves posted:

Aang and Zuko?

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Oh my God, the PTA has disbanded! is one my all time favorites, especially his scream as he reenters the room and sits down.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I rewatched Mom & Pop Art last night and Homer building the BBQ is one of the last absolutely classic bits the show did, his scream of madness at the end charging into it with a parasol gets me every time

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

No Dignity posted:

I rewatched Mom & Pop Art last night and Homer building the BBQ is one of the last absolutely classic bits the show did, his scream of madness at the end charging into it with a parasol gets me every time

I love how it ends with Homer just casually going full blown supervillain.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
In THIS house we obey the laws of THERMODYNAMICS!

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

I mean seriously, he floods the entire town as an art project, that's legit some Batman poo poo, or at least the Powerpuff Girls.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I kinda like the ending, it's very whimsical and cartoonish and doesn't even try and acknowledge the consequences of flooding the town. But mainly I just love the BBQ bit, Homer's meltdown at doing DIY is so real...

The Awesomesaurus
Feb 15, 2006

I'm too cool to be extinct.

I still quote “everything’s coming up Milhouse!” sometimes.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
The final act of Mom and Pop Art is really goofy, but I have a fondness for Homer's fantasy with all the art references... that just culminates in Andy Warhol throwing soup cans at him.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

And now weirdly reminded of Wes Warhammer and the Doom Factory in Venture Bros.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

The Awesomesaurus posted:

I still quote “everything’s coming up Milhouse!” sometimes.

This, "Oh, it's raining again." and "Iron helps us play!" get said by me at least once a week.

Every March, it's Smarch month in my head.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Mantis42 posted:

that's not how you spell Handsome Pete

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games
There's something about the gag where Homer crashes his clown car into a tree and there's a this long beat before he flies out the window that just kills me.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

that's not how you spell Handsome Pete

i was joking, the rover hendrix joke is one the writers were famously embarrassed to have wrote, but i'm glad it led to people posting their favorite gags regardless

Zeniel
Oct 18, 2013

porfiria posted:

There's something about the gag where Homer crashes his clown car into a tree and there's a this long beat before he flies out the window that just kills me.

And homers just tired halfassed krusty laugh.

Homey the Clown, just packed with good gags from start to finish. Easily my favorite episode.

Gym Leader Barack
Oct 31, 2005

Grimey Drawer

bitterandtwisted posted:

Here's Arnie Pye with "Arnie in the Sky"

I just got why this was funny.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Zeniel posted:

And homers just tired halfassed krusty laugh.

Homey the Clown, just packed with good gags from start to finish. Easily my favorite episode.

Oh yeah I loved their brutal treatment of Dick Cavett for no reason, like when Steve Sax or Luke Perry got roasted, especially compared to the celebrity worship of later seasons.

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?

Fingerless Gloves posted:

Arthur B. Ablablab deserves some recognition too

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Actually realising just now Aang and Zuko basically have naming schemes specifically putting them at the top and bottom of alphabetical order...

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

Gym Leader Barack posted:

I just got why this was funny.

It's too mushy, it would have been a lot easier to understand as a joke if it was more like "And now to our traffic segment, John in the Sky" then cut to a shot that has a lower third with John Pye's name nice and large. As it stands, it just seems like it was written to be a mildly Seussian rhyme

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
Arnie please, the ski conditions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Capital Letdown
Oct 5, 2006
i still cant fix red text avs someone tell me the bbcode for that im an admin and dont know this lmao
Can I ask - I've seen people kinda dump on Marge Be Not Proud, and Im not sure why?

I've always considered it pretty classic - Bonestorm, Lee Carvallo's Putting Challenge, 'Catfishe?', theres a bunch of great stuff in there.