Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

happyhippy posted:

I forget when he did this, but tried to start a 9-12 movement, 'lets get back to that comrade feeling we had for each other on that day' but reality wise was just right wing guns, jesus, and do what we tell you.

For a long time, Glenn Beck's intro song was some generic pop/country-ish sounding song talking about how we're all brothers and should help each other and extend our hands in friendship and work together.

Now his intro song talks about how there's no room for compromise and we must hold the line.

Dr Christmas posted:

He was a never-Trumper, but he saw the writing on the wall and made a showy bit of putting on a red MAGA hat saying liberals went too far. IIRC the straw that broke the camel’s back was liberals “defending MS-13” by pointing out that they were being used to smear all immigrants.

Right, Glenn Beck bet on the wrong horse, like I said. He was originally a massive supporter of Ted Cruz, and frequently talked about how dangerous Trump was. He directly compared Trump to Hitler and his followers to Nazis/fascists multiple times, and said Republicans should support anyone else but Trump. When Trump won the primary, he talked about how all the national polling favored Hillary and said this was the end of the Republican party, because they'd abandoned their values in favor of a false messiah, and that Hillary was going to destroy him and that the Republicans deserved it. Then Trump won and he looked like an idiot, so he had to pivot to "Well I'm glad Hillary didn't win but I still think Trump is bad and he's going to screw up this country!"

Glenn kept up this personality for a good while, slowly over time going more and more "Trump is bad but he sure did a good thing today." He finally, completely dropped this for complete Trump sycophant on May 18, 2018. He put on a MAGA hat while he was on the air and said he would vote for Trump in 2020 because it makes liberals mad. This was the day after the AP reported on Trump's "they're not people, they're animals" statement. And for the record, even in context, it's not clear Trump is talking specifically about gang members:

quote:

We have people coming into the country, or trying to come in — and we're stopping a lot of them — but we're taking people out of the country. You wouldn't believe how bad these people are. These aren't people. These are animals. And we're taking them out of the country at a level and at a rate that's never happened before. And because of the weak laws, they come in fast, we get them, we release them, we get them again, we bring them out. It's crazy.

Anyway yeah, Glenn Beck's current persona is much more religious than Hannity, Buck Sexton/Clay Travis, Jesse Kelly, Ben Ferguson, or any of the other right wing media talking heads. Like those other ones pay lip service to Christianity but Glenn Beck is heavily into the whole "God's judgment is on America, God is angry with us, we must return to God' thing more than the rest. That's why he had on the lady talking about making a new covenant with God, because it lines up perfectly with what he's selling these days (along with heavy doomsday/prepper stuff, "The dollar is guaranteed to collapse soon, you must prepare for the apocalypse by buying food kits").

It amuses me a little bit because he's Mormon, which is considered a false religion and a cult by mainstream Christianity, and most die-hard Christians believe Mormons are going to Hell. The big points of conflict are the nature of God and Jesus. Most Christian churches are Trinitarian, the standard "God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit are God in three persons" and believe God is eternal and unchanging. Mormons believe God the Father was once a mortal human, like us, who achieved godhood, and that all humans have the potential to become gods as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

mobby_6kl posted:

Another mega chud hopefully facing consequences as a result of his actions?

https://twitter.com/yashar/status/1651645370898989057

This is really disgusting and unhinged. If anyone is scrolling past going "yeah wow Crowder bad huh" without watching, please do so. It's textbook abusive manipulation and I wish we lived in a world in which Crowder would top himself as a result of this video getting out.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Professor Beetus posted:

This is really disgusting and unhinged. If anyone is scrolling past going "yeah wow Crowder bad huh" without watching, please do so. It's textbook abusive manipulation and I wish we lived in a world in which Crowder would top himself as a result of this video getting out.

It's mildly hilarious that apparently Crowder's wife filed for divorce in 2021, the same year that Crowder nearly died from his congenital heart/chest defect and had to go down for major surgery, so she most likely took the opportunity of him being incapacitated to get the gently caress out. Also it's highly likely that Crowder has never spent any significant time with his children, given how his wife also apparently filed for divorce roughly around the time that his twins were born.

He lives a deeply miserable life.

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

AtomikKrab posted:

Crowder I think has some legitimate health problems, like things that can actually kill him that are also not even faults of his lifestyle or other choices, just genetic bombs he has.

Be real curious to find out which one of them is making him sweat harder than papa john. Expecting it just turns out he got unhinged enough to get a new habit but still

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

she literally broke his heart

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

nine-gear crow posted:

All of these people are miserable, it’s just to different degrees

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Kale posted:

Brian Kilmeade not doing so good with the audience that tunes in for Fox News version of the 5 minutes hate I see.

Yeah I've really noticed that generations extreme aversion to being asked to learn new things, having to think for themselves in even the simplest of decision making scenarios, and do things like I don't know, simply read and interpret information on their own. Somebody has to do it for them a frankly concerningly large amount of the time and on average being asked to do these things for themselves just makes them really loving angry and pissy. It's actually quite something to behold and can't really be attributed just to age and ability. They're just kind of lazy and stubborn and used to making other people do it for them. I'm kind of at the phase of gently caress the boomer generation on average myself despite not seeing it that way even a few years ago. It's almost to the point where I'm kind of surprised when I come across a boomer in public now and they aren't behaving like an entitled shithead in some capacity.

See also: The Bible. Which is real handy because you can just find the parts that you think mean something and ignore all the other parts. Like helping the poor.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

nine-gear crow posted:

It's mildly hilarious that apparently Crowder's wife filed for divorce in 2021, the same year that Crowder nearly died from his congenital heart/chest defect and had to go down for major surgery, so she most likely took the opportunity of him being incapacitated to get the gently caress out. Also it's highly likely that Crowder has never spent any significant time with his children, given how his wife also apparently filed for divorce roughly around the time that his twins were born.

He had an elective surgery to make his chest bigger

tecnocrat
Oct 5, 2003
Struggling to keep his sanity.

Professor Beetus posted:

And he opposes gender affirming surgery for others? Hypocrite.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Professor Beetus posted:

Oh my god is that true? Holy poo poo :newlol:

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

nine-gear crow posted:

Oh my god is that true? Holy poo poo :newlol:

He has pectus excavitum (sunken chest) and had titanium rods installed after a partial lung collapse.

I'm all for dunking on him but I personally don't feel it's great to go after him for his medical issues.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Prism posted:

He has pectus excavitum (sunken chest) and had titanium rods installed after a partial lung collapse.

I'm all for dunking on him but I personally don't feel it's great to go after him for his medical issues.
Hm. Does he support universal healthcare?

thehandtruck
Mar 5, 2006

the thing about the jews is,

mobby_6kl posted:

What interests me about this video is that most of the time these right wing psychos are pretty different in their demeaner and stated worldview at home versus when they're on stage being performance artists. For example lots of them are very weak and small despite portraying a large manly persona. But in this video everything down to his voice, intonation, and being just generally annoying is completely congruent with how he is on stage. I did not expect that at all.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?
The guy has plenty of things he actually deserves public humiliation over, we can leave the medical problems out of it and therefore crap on him from on high rather than down low.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Prism posted:

Neeksy posted:

The guy has plenty of things he actually deserves public humiliation over, we can leave the medical problems out of it and therefore crap on him from on high rather than down low.

Apparently (and this is according to Candace Owens so, biiig grain of salt) he had the collapsed lung as a result of the cosmetic surgery

So, lol still, imo

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

...! posted:

White power abhors a vacuum.

Steady on, Raziel

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart
https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-features/stephen-miller-candy-company-lawsuit-green-1234725150/
Stephen Miller Is Taking Legal Action Against the M&M Company
The former Trump official is apparently furious about the candy's maker's diversity efforts, and he's taking it up with the federal government

"America First Legal alleges Mars’ efforts to increase diversity and representation of minorities within its workforce constitutes discrimination and a violation of the 1964 Civil Rights Act."

Are they mad because Mars is hiring too many minorities?

"And the Mars complaint is only the latest legal crusades against diversity in the corporate world, by America First Legal, which describes itself as “determined to stop the destructive hiring practices of woke companies across the country.”"

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

mobby_6kl posted:

Watching the 3 minute video where Stephen Crowder berates his wife it is unique in that these types typically are very careful to control the image of their relationships. Here we see how he acts when he's not "on camera"

In some ways it is consistent with his ideology. He thinks he's the alpha, and believes his wife should be subservient to him. The way he talks to her is how he thinks men should act around women. Yet at the same time (perhaps because of his annoying voice) he comes off as this whiny man-child. They live in what looks like a mansion but they only have one car? Some people theorized this was to control his wife, but what kind of alpha husband can't simply persuade his wife to stay home when he wants her to?

I also wonder how many other reactionaries are hurriedly scrubbing their ring camera footage. Because in Crowder's case this was footage from 2021. It also brings his "my wife left me" rant full circle, as so rarely do we get to see the "other side" of these reactionary rants.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Prism posted:

No this is bullshit, the lung thing happened as a result of the elective, cosmetic surgery, not the other way around. And he chose to do it two weeks before his wife gave birth because he's a tremendously vile piece of poo poo. gently caress him, if he got cancer tomorrow I'd be delighted.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

OgNar posted:

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-features/stephen-miller-candy-company-lawsuit-green-1234725150/
Stephen Miller Is Taking Legal Action Against the M&M Company
The former Trump official is apparently furious about the candy's maker's diversity efforts, and he's taking it up with the federal government

"America First Legal alleges Mars’ efforts to increase diversity and representation of minorities within its workforce constitutes discrimination and a violation of the 1964 Civil Rights Act."

Are they mad because Mars is hiring too many minorities?

"And the Mars complaint is only the latest legal crusades against diversity in the corporate world, by America First Legal, which describes itself as “determined to stop the destructive hiring practices of woke companies across the country.”"
This is perfect for a Nazi like Miller

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Prism posted:

Next you're going to say we shouldn't mock that billionaire who died during penis-enlargement surgery!

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor
Don't know (or care) if his surgery was purely cosmetic or not, but real deal pectus is a legit issue. My wife has it and it makes her super prone to things like pneumonia, so that's made the COVID era fun.

But on the other hand, if you're the kind of person we even have to wonder whether your surgery was legit or not.... ya done hosed up along the way.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
If you're gonna make fun of something, make fun of him scheduling it on the same day his kid was due so he could avoid having to be there.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Yeah when you're talking about another person's medical issues, a human being, they definitely deserve respect and consideration.

This discussion, however, is about Steven Crowder.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

As long as he’s in constant physical and emotional pain I don’t really care where it comes from.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Professor Beetus posted:

No this is bullshit, the lung thing happened as a result of the elective, cosmetic surgery, not the other way around. And he chose to do it two weeks before his wife gave birth because he's a tremendously vile piece of poo poo. gently caress him, if he got cancer tomorrow I'd be delighted.

https://twitter.com/theserfstv/status/1651805370577473538

https://twitter.com/theserfstv/status/1651848833381584898

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
It appears very weird to consider surgery for that condition cosmetic.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Yeah certainly would suck if you had some kind of problem where you viewed yourself as different from the body you are in that caused you intense emotional distress, tried medical interventions to correct that only to have half the country call you a pedophile groomer and call for your elimination as a person.

Oh sorry were we talking about Crowder? gently caress that guy, he deserves everything that has happened to him and more.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
It's rare for the condition to cause serious health issues and in most cases treatment isn't required, particularly surgical treatment. While it's possible Crowder fell into that category, based on his overall seemingly good health and the fact that he's an abusive piece of poo poo, I'm going to continue to assume that he elected to do it for cosmetic reasons.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Professor Beetus posted:

It's rare for the condition to cause serious health issues and in most cases treatment isn't required, particularly surgical treatment. While it's possible Crowder fell into that category, based on his overall seemingly good health and the fact that he's an abusive piece of poo poo, I'm going to continue to assume that he elected to do it for cosmetic reasons.

Elective is not the same thing as cosmetic.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

Discendo Vox posted:

Yes, sure, but I don't see any reason to believe this was anything but cosmetic? There's lots of cosmetic surgery fields built around actual, serious medical issues.

Mellow Seas
Oct 9, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Professor Beetus posted:

I request that from henceforth we refer to this procedure as "Crowder's boob job," on the grounds that it is funny.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

I for one am glad Crowder has a medical condition that makes him miserable and may possibly kill him

I hope it kills him sooner rather than later

gently caress him

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
That's just the thing, his surgery was life affirming care that was not strictly necessary but his lifespan, quality of life and mental health were drastically improved by choosing to do it

The jokes about rallying against other people getting that kind of care kinda write themselves

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010
There’s some reporting out there that Tuckers redacted texts were so bad that Fox executives didn’t think the company would be able to survive them going public.

So, this seems like more than calling Powell the C-word.

Mellow Seas
Oct 9, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Oh no doubt there's either n-words, or things that are so incredibly racist that adding n-words would barely make them more offensive.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
Hey now, I assume Crowder just wanted to be like his best pal Adam Jensen except the aug surgery backfired and ended up negative

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Discendo Vox posted:

If the condition wasn't causing him physical harm, which in all likelihood it was not, then yes, it's a cosmetic procedure so that his chest doesn't look all weird.

someone needs to leak the gently caress out of the full unredacted tucker texts like yesterday

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Professor Beetus posted:

If the condition wasn't causing him physical harm, which in all likelihood it was not, then yes, it's a cosmetic procedure so that his chest doesn't look all weird.

I really, really don’t know where you’re getting the belief that the condition wasn’t causing him harm. You’re assuming that an adult corrective procedure for this condition, something highly invasive and with a heightened likelihood of complications (which happened!) must have been for cosmetic reasons, and as far as I can tell there’s no basis for this other than him being a piece of poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Professor Beetus posted:

OK, lol, that's funny then. I don't follow Crowder closely enough to get the timing right; that's on me.

Scholtz posted:

Yeah when you're talking about another person's medical issues, a human being, they definitely deserve respect and consideration.

This discussion, however, is about Steven Crowder.

However I still think it's a loving rear end in a top hat move to mock someone's medical condition because you don't like them. Where's the thread line? What inherited medical conditions are people encouraged to make fun of? I would hope the answer is 'none' but apparently that's not a majority opinion!

DarklyDreaming posted:

That's just the thing, his surgery was life affirming care that was not strictly necessary but his lifespan, quality of life and mental health were drastically improved by choosing to do it

The jokes about rallying against other people getting that kind of care kinda write themselves

GlyphGryph posted:

If you're gonna make fun of something, make fun of him scheduling it on the same day his kid was due so he could avoid having to be there.

This, on the other hand... Going after them for things they do is a different thing entirely. Or the abuse. He's an abuser and he doesn't deserve respect. It's that other people with pectus excavatum do.

Prism fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Apr 28, 2023