Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Eimi posted:

Post ice planet stuff given that the name for Stellaron in Japanese is incredibly close to Stigma and that Cocolia turns into a higher def form of the Herrscher of Ice, I feel pretty safe saying that Stellarons are basically Herrscher cores. Her talk to Bronya before the fight echoes the talk of people giving in to the will of the Honkai after all. Given MC's eyes, if they turn out to be this universes version of Sirin I would be insanely happy.

The MC being True Justice For Sirin would own extremely hard. However they would still need an option to get purple hair and an outfit where shoes are optional. :colbert:

Unlucky7 posted:

Speaking of, when does the daily timer reset for that for this game? I remember it being like from 8-10pm PST on Genshin, which throws me off a bit occationally.

2AM Pacific time. It might vary depending on regional server.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

...there's no avoiding lvling up Asta for World 2 right?

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
So there’s no way to turn off the skill and ultimate animations is there?

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

SpaceDrake posted:

The MC being True Justice For Sirin would own extremely hard. However they would still need an option to get purple hair and an outfit where shoes are optional. :colbert:

:hmmyes:

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Boris Galerkin posted:

So there’s no way to turn off the skill and ultimate animations is there?
Not that I've found but 2x speed mode unlocks pretty early and it makes all of them bearable, at least for the characters I have currently.

Edit
Her light cone is pretty nutty, just rolled that in the event today so I immediately claimed it and a random purple hat, leveled it to 40. It owns.

v

sushibandit fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Apr 28, 2023

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:
yay i didn't mess up the web event by claiming the wrong items. excited to give my serval a bespoke light cone 🥹

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"

SpaceDrake posted:

:yeah:

As someone with Experience on the subject, I can definitely say that this very much feels like Brother Wei Does A Trails Game. Specifically, with the fairly tightly-focused core cast, it feels a bit like Brother Wei Does A Crossbell Game While Also Using The CS Train, which, good taste there, Dawei.

The trails series hasn’t had writing this good since the Crossbell arc.

Not sure I’d put it at that same level but it’s definitely above Cold Steel.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 8 days!)

arrived on the ice planet.
my first 5* is Yanqing :(
So many ice characters..

my pulled 4* are:

Pela
Qingque
Serval
Sushang

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Yanqing is great though. I routinely have him nuke broken enemies for 450~500 damage with his ult. Crit bonuses go brrr.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Dan Heng sums up the protagonist's personality in these texts:

"Found an old Express communication log in the data bank, and one of the categories is Dad Jokes."
"I don't fully understand it, but my instincts tell me you should be able to."

Setec_Astronomy
Mar 10, 2003

there's nothing wrong with you that an expensive operation can't prolong

Lazy_Liberal posted:

yay i didn't mess up the web event by claiming the wrong items. excited to give my serval a bespoke light cone 🥹

What web event is this?

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

All-Stars invite. I think this is a non-user-specific link: https://act.hoyoverse.com/sr/event/e20230115draw-wtn7k1/index.html

Edit
I think that's 30 warps for a guarantee not 3, because you get a decent chunk. I'm at like 15-16 without doing the discord or twitter crap and the event is running for another month still.

sushibandit fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Apr 28, 2023

Einander
Sep 14, 2008

"Yeh've forged a magnificent sword."

"This one's only practice. The real sword I intend to forge will be three times longer."

"Can there really be a sword as monstrous as that in this world?"

"Yes. I can see that sword... Somewhere out there..."
Finished the second arc, on the ice planet. Everything up to the big climactic fight was great! Up to. It's painful to see how they stepped onto a rake with full force and confidence right after it was over, though. Like, the single city, the separation of the Underworld and Overworld, the communication difficulties over and over (between Bronya and her mother, between Bronya and Seele, Serval and her brother, between Wildfire and Svarog, and between the outsiders and the natives)... It feels like the whole theme was isolation and distance, which the protagonists continually strive to overcome, fixing misunderstandings and bridging gaps. So long as only the Guardian knew and so long as they were fighting the Stellaron by themselves, it's inevitable that one of them would fall, so the mistake of the person who was made to fight alone was undone by those who came together to fight. And then after a whole story about communication and mutual aid they just... decide to keep the truth a secret about the Deep Freeze and the Stellaron a secret and spread lies about what happened instead.

What the gently caress is wrong with you, Seele. I'm just going to pretend the way Bronya was weak and talking about the cold right after the fight means she's under the Stellaron's influence and they're going to fix this giant mess later on a revisit.

Otherwise I like (most of) the writing. The Trails inspirations feel particularly strong and I'm enjoying that! The "March 8th" joke was fantastic and there's been many other good ones too, but it's fairly good about not undercutting its drama.

Picked up Bailu at Trailblazer rank 15 and used her for the whole ice planet, along with the MC, March and Serval. No luck with any other five-stars so far, and Natasha's my only notable four-star right now. She's up to three Eidolon ranks. Serval's been a lot of fun and it makes me very sad that there will probably be fewer robots for her to fry in future.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Related to the All-Stars Invite, for some reason it says on the front of the page after 3 warps you get a guaranteed 4-star light cone, but I didn't

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

you know i think something that makes female mcs permanently dull expression way funnier is that im pretty sure shes the same height as the male mc so she towers over 90% of the cast

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I got the "Make the World Clamor" light cone on my first warp on that page, but the text makes it sound like it's only guaranteed if you do 20?

edit: What's with the inventory/storage stuff? Can you only send two things to your account or something?

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

sushibandit posted:

All-Stars invite. I think this is a non-user-specific link: https://act.hoyoverse.com/sr/event/e20230115draw-wtn7k1/index.html

Edit
I think that's 30 warps for a guarantee not 3, because you get a decent chunk. I'm at like 15-16 without doing the discord or twitter crap and the event is running for another month still.

Do note for this event, you don't actually have to join, just click it, let the link open, and then close it. All it wants you to do is open the link (least if you do it on your pc) In a similar way on the share component, you don't have to share poo poo, just click copy link.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Ytlaya posted:

I got the "Make the World Clamor" light cone on my first warp on that page, but the text makes it sound like it's only guaranteed if you do 20?
You got lucky.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Hm, if I'm understanding correctly, you can only actually claim two of the items you get from this (and you get them from an in-game mission)?

So you basically want to keep doing the warps in the hopes that you get two 4* relics (which seem to be the best things you can get)?

wokow6
Oct 19, 2013
I'm half-way through the first post-prologue arc, and I've got to say I love Sampo. Every time he shows up it's great, his voice actor did an amazing job. Definitely the stand-out of this arc (I don't count March and Dan cause they're main cast, but are highlights as well). Svarog is really interesting and cool as well, though I wish he was his own character mechanically instead of just being Clara's bodyguard, though I understand why they did it this way.

Seele and Bronya have had more presence in the plot, and are solid characters by themselves, but their dynamic is a bit dull in comparison to everything else going on. I know they have connections in past incarnations in previous games, and are a popular pairing, but I feel like the game is relying on that to do the heavy lifting over actually putting in the work to make their dynamic fun. Hopefully it'll pick up by the time I finish the arc.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Ytlaya posted:

Hm, if I'm understanding correctly, you can only actually claim two of the items you get from this (and you get them from an in-game mission)?

So you basically want to keep doing the warps in the hopes that you get two 4* relics (which seem to be the best things you can get)?

Basically. It's just a promotional thing to encourage people to get eyeballs on the game. There's nothing in there that can't be gotten fairly easily in-game, aside from Make The World Clamor. You have to fish that one out of the gacha, but it's not a particularly notable light cone.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
I'm loving this 3rd location way more than the 2nd one. It's really leaning into the bizarre science fantasy setting where gigantic ancient organizations are all followers of weird space gods.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

SpaceDrake posted:

:yeah:

As someone with Experience on the subject, I can definitely say that this very much feels like Brother Wei Does A Trails Game. Specifically, with the fairly tightly-focused core cast, it feels a bit like Brother Wei Does A Crossbell Game While Also Using The CS Train, which, good taste there, Dawei.

I mean, the director of hsr is a simp for a reason. His name is david, for reference.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
Having a good time cultivating my animes when suddenly I stumble upon an artifact(!) with a crit substat(!!). Uncle yang please help me push through this malefice, I don't think I can handle it in a turn-based game :(

Wondering if the turn-based battle system means raw stats are gonna be more important, making it so getting the 5 star cards from the dupe currency shop worth it over getting more warp tickets. Or if the more constrained nature of turn-based means that hoyo can more easily set up scenarios that heavily favor certain characters, to the detriment of others. Gut feeling is that a gacha would steer towards the latter... but the 5 star welt card is super tempting :( :(

MoonCrab fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Apr 28, 2023

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Eimi posted:

At least it doesn't seem like there's a ToTD tier of 3* weapon that's really worth keeping? None of them seem that useful compared to the 4*s.

Weirdly I've felt the other way around, where (5 superimposed) 3*'s seem more generically useful for people. The stats are lower than 4*'s tho which is kinda eh. It's just that you have stuff like for instance the basic rear end starter destruction light cone that gives 40% increased basic atk and skill dmg vs the dog 4* which gives 10% ATK and increases damage to Bleeding or Burning targets by 16%. The first one seems a lot more universally applicable than the second. There's a couple 4*'s that are generically very good but honestly the competition is a lot tighter than Genshin. If the base stats were the same I think I'd be rocking 3*'s on nearly everyone. 5*'s are, of course, insane, but also getting a 5* light cone as a low spender is not something that's likely to happen anytime soon so whatever.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
Relationship ended with Peppy

Diting is now my best friend

SterlingSylver
Feb 20, 2007
2 quick thoughts:

I was impressed that a GAAS game actually respected my time briefly. I was at the climax of the ice planet plot, but I had to run a few errands away from the computer for a few hours. I quit out of the event, but it let me save my place! I relogged in outside of the event, but when I restarted it I didn't have to go through cutscenes and dialogue and whatever. I remember Genshin has some "hope you have nothing planned for the next hour" missions, and this felt good. Odd that "saving your game" is now a feature that impresses me, but I was happily surprised that the predatory give me your money game didn't actively screw me over.

I feel like the 4 character party is 1 character too few. I'm running Fire MC, E1 Welt, E1 Serval, and E2 Natasha and I feel like if I were to get another character I wouldn't love dropping any of the people in the party. Although I'm getting a bit sick of Serval rocking the same sick guitar riff as she fires off her ultimate every other turn or so. Idunno, if I nabbed a Seele or a Bronya, I guess Serval would be the one to go, but would it really make a big difference other than changing the element of one of my DPS? With 5 characters I think I'd have a bit more flexibility, as tanking/shielding/healing seems to be more important here than Gensh.

Also, if anyone wants a Welt friend on Americas, 600053994

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
I'm having fun with the Simulated Universe, but World 3 will be a tough nut to crack before Trail 30 lets me lift the level cap again.

I'm about 2500 exp away from 29 and the next destination. Am I right that there's nothing in the repeatables that grants exp but doesn't cost trailblazer energy?

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

Pela seems like she's gonna be really strong with investment, but also she's just a loving Sage from XIV and i love that

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

delfin posted:

I'm having fun with the Simulated Universe, but World 3 will be a tough nut to crack before Trail 30 lets me lift the level cap again.

I'm about 2500 exp away from 29 and the next destination. Am I right that there's nothing in the repeatables that grants exp but doesn't cost trailblazer energy?

You're correct. It's an intentional time gate.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

sushibandit posted:

Edit

Oh, I thought that was actually a call for beta testers.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Endorph posted:

Tempted to write character guides to put into the OP, stuff like 'yeah these lightcones are good' 'this is what this character is good at' rather than tier list stuff.

i always enjoyed the ones you and baal made for fgo so you've got at least one person who'd be excited to read them :cheers:

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Decided to try this out since I'm always up for a sci fi RPG (and they've been fairly rare recently), and it's been pretty good so far. Did have one concerning issue though, that I've never had a problem with before. Namely, doing the 7GB download had it actually automatically cancelled the first time, as it actually overheated my phone. Never had that happen before with other games, so I'm being somewhat wary as I play through - no more issues so far though.

Haven't done any rolls outside the single tutorial roll so far (pulled Asta), as not entirely sure what I'm looking for yet and the currency is apparently relatively rare.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Lord Koth posted:

Decided to try this out since I'm always up for a sci fi RPG (and they've been fairly rare recently), and it's been pretty good so far. Did have one concerning issue though, that I've never had a problem with before. Namely, doing the 7GB download had it actually automatically cancelled the first time, as it actually overheated my phone. Never had that happen before with other games, so I'm being somewhat wary as I play through - no more issues so far though.

Haven't done any rolls outside the single tutorial roll so far (pulled Asta), as not entirely sure what I'm looking for yet and the currency is apparently relatively rare.

You spend your standard tickets on the newbie banner till you get a 5 star and then save or spend accordingly.

shrach
Jan 10, 2004

daylight ssssaving time

Tatsuta Age posted:

Related to the All-Stars Invite, for some reason it says on the front of the page after 3 warps you get a guaranteed 4-star light cone, but I didn't

It's 20 warps total and you have probably done 17 warps. It counts down the from 20, so if it says 3 warps currently, you will it get it in the next 3.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Lord Koth posted:

Special Tickets are for limited units like Seele. Standard tickets are for the standard banner and the beginner banner. Basically throw your standard tickets at the beginner banner until you get a 5 star, and then freely throw any future ones at the standard banner.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

running MC/Hook/Asta/Gepard and I probably have too much fire maybe

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Tae posted:

Special Tickets are for limited units like Seele. Standard tickets are for the standard banner and the beginner banner. Basically throw your standard tickets at the beginner banner until you get a 5 star, and then freely throw any future ones at the standard banner.

I hadn't even noticed it was two different ticket types, so yeah that does make it easier. Had definitely seen people talking about Seele, so was wondering if it was advisable to save up for that one or not, given the beginner banner seems to be permanent until used. With it being a separate ticket though, might as well use at least some of them.

edit: Very first 10-roll turned up Clara, so that's the guaranteed I guess.

Lord Koth fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Apr 28, 2023

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

So when you confirm claim from the inventory, is that they items you get? Or is it two per day or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

If you mean the invite event, it's two items period from the promotion.