Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

AnimeIsTrash posted:

excited to hear the most obnoxious opinions abotuu movies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

i honestly cant understand what people find compelling about god emperor. its so loving bad as an actual book you read and not just a cool concept

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

denzel washington is the GOAT tho

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

my mom is a nerd and was super into dune in the 80s; she warned me off of it when i was a kid. my first exposure to anything about it was dunc and it was boring and bland :)

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
it was a good podocata. Will is right when he says Deja Vu is a better tenet.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
Kill James Bond is the best movie podcast

I say this as both faint praise and damnation

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

KJB was already a better acronym established on street fight radio years ago

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005
lol the we didn't start the fire 30 years war version

also the movie mindset intro music rocks

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Dr. Jerrold Coe posted:

herbert also wrote hellstrom's hive which is about a cult leader scientist breeding humans to live as in an insect hive. his killer B ladies gently caress dudes to death

of course they do. Still find it funny that the one dude being gay is a big deal and is never even addressed in one of the later dunes. Herbert had a few issues.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

babypolis posted:

i honestly cant understand what people find compelling about god emperor. its so loving bad as an actual book you read and not just a cool concept

big worm

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

KomradeX posted:

Looks like Vice is killing Waypoint Radio

Surprised it took that long. How's Giant Bomb these days?

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Big sad twitter posts about Waypoint this morning. When I was into being a poly-queer city-dwelling gamer-intellegencia, they were there to validate me, to soothe me, to say so many words into a microphone for me. Hope they land on their feet wherever they go.

C-Euro posted:

Surprised it took that long. How's Giant Bomb these days?

I checked out some of The Jeff Gerstman Show recently. Listening to him recite the date and review energy drinks makes me feel at peace, like going home. He's still doing it. I see Dan Ryckert tweets every now and again. I hope Vinney Caravella is found happiness being #dadgoals incarnate.

This morning I listening to TruAnon talking about how every city is exactly the same and why. It's p cool wearing my hometown hoodie for casual Friday

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

this is the funniest loving thing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dtJGRIWEls

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

i say swears online posted:

my mom is a nerd and was super into dune in the 80s; she warned me off of it when i was a kid. my first exposure to anything about it was dunc and it was boring and bland :)

Everything Dune did was done better by Warhammer 40,000

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Everything The Muppets did was done better by Muppet Babies

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

Gripweed posted:

god drat i don't give a poo poo about dune or frank herbert but that is one gbs-rear end opinion

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Gripweed posted:

I'm not a huge Dune person but I've read some 40k books and: lol

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

There are considerably more good Warhammer novels than there are good Dune novels. It's a stronger franchise, in literary terms.

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

KirbyKhan posted:

Big sad twitter posts about Waypoint this morning. When I was into being a poly-queer city-dwelling gamer-intellegencia, they were there to validate me, to soothe me, to say so many words into a microphone for me. Hope they land on their feet wherever they go.

I checked out some of The Jeff Gerstman Show recently. Listening to him recite the date and review energy drinks makes me feel at peace, like going home. He's still doing it. I see Dan Ryckert tweets every now and again. I hope Vinney Caravella is found happiness being #dadgoals incarnate.

Most or all will find a place somewhere, the main mourning is about a web space that wasn't on The Big 3 disappearing. Yes they can all get patreons\ko-fis\etc, make videos on youtube\twitch and dump their long worded posting on Cohost\Substack, but it wouldn't be a magazine-type space or all consolidated into a website you could go to see all of that in one space, and having places online where its not just "Is Game Good or Bad" was always a positive.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Hey, I'm listening to the People's History of Ideas about the chinese revolution and things are getting spicy. Does anyone have any good maps that would help illustrate wtf is going on?

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Gripweed posted:

lmao

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

lol the movie mindset podcast is just their movie reviews but they do more than 1 movie

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

man on fire kicks rear end though, my favorite of those style of denzel movies are equalizer

recently watched the 2nd one, and the opening scene is him killing a bunch of muslim people to rescue a white child

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Warhammer is just a starcraft ripoff but with weapon degradation. Fial .

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Gripweed posted:

There are considerably more good Warhammer novels than there are good Dune novels. It's a stronger franchise, in literary terms.

thats a very strange way to think about literary quality

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
if dune is so good why are there no ultramarines?

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

AnimeIsTrash posted:

lol the movie mindset podcast is just their movie reviews but they do more than 1 movie

hard pass

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Tankbuster posted:

if dune is so good why are there no ultramarines?

sardaukar

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Gripweed posted:

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
tbh this take is just about as hot as matt christman's love for Gambo over LOTR.

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Kunster posted:

Most or all will find a place somewhere, the main mourning is about a web space that wasn't on The Big 3 disappearing. Yes they can all get patreons\ko-fis\etc, make videos on youtube\twitch and dump their long worded posting on Cohost\Substack, but it wouldn't be a magazine-type space or all consolidated into a website you could go to see all of that in one space, and having places online where its not just "Is Game Good or Bad" was always a positive.

wut

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

He speaks truth

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

AnimeIsTrash posted:

man on fire kicks rear end though, my favorite of those style of denzel movies are equalizer

recently watched the 2nd one, and the opening scene is him killing a bunch of muslim people to rescue a white child

yeah man on fire absolutely whips.

lookin forward to listenin to movie mindset, tony scott/denzel were one of the best director/star combos

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Tankbuster posted:

tbh this take is just about as hot as matt christman's love for Gambo over LOTR.

that one's true though

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

40k is better then Dune checks out

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Gripweed posted:

The Ciaphas Cain series is top tier

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Tankbuster posted:

The Gambo books are way more fun to read than Tolkein's plodding, at least until Dance

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

KomradeX posted:

The Ciaphas Cain series is top tier

HERO OF THE IMPERIUM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

tokin opposition posted:

Kill James Bond is the best movie podcast

I say this as both faint praise and damnation

It's up there. We Hate Movies is consistently pretty good too though.