Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
HARDEST kong to ESCAPE from
This poll is closed.
Donkey Kong 8 4.88%
Diddy Kong 3 1.83%
Dixie Kong 8 4.88%
Funky Kong 49 29.88%
Chunky Kong 8 4.88%
Bluster Kong 5 3.05%
Lanky Kong (demanded by Cheetah) 53 32.32%
Max Castillo 6 3.66%
Billy Mitchell 18 10.98%
Steve Wiebe 6 3.66%
Total: 164 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
June 30th, 1908, Tunguska River, Russia: a gamer first encounters a non-sexualized female character

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

EightFlyingCars posted:

ff7 coming to ps1

square's honour was never restored

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Jay Rust posted:

Spent my lunch hour trying to thing, "what is gaming's 9/11?", and it's gotta be them shutting down Lawbreakers

Pretty sure it was Mario Maker.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
EA buying Origin

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Superman 64

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
Phil Fish telling Japanese devs that their games sucked. Twilight Princess getting an 8.8 review score from GameSpot. five hundred ninety-nine US dollars

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Speedrun by shrinking the screen to improve performance :laffo:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Gamer 9/11 was when Arsenal Gear crashed into the World Trade Center

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Gamer 911 is every day there is not a modern sequel to Star Fox 64

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

External Organs posted:

Gamer 911 is every day there is not a modern sequel to Star Fox 64

Star Fox Zero

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

when they removed pokemon from the dex or whatever

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Star Fox 65

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Infinitum posted:

Star Fox Zero

Lol I've never even heard of this

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Activision buying Blizzard

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

External Organs posted:

Lol I've never even heard of this

Oh then you've definitely never seen this then
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RpipJToXKQ

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Infinitum posted:

Oh then you've definitely never seen this then
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RpipJToXKQ

What.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
ET on the Atari

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

The 9/11 of video games hasn't happened yet.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
I'm working on it, it's called "Meet and gently caress Towers"

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

It led directly into the SF Zero announcement
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6PEecNY0Sc

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.
That time Sony got hacked and they took down PSN for like 3 weeks.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

InspectorCarbonara posted:

Speaking of, did dark souls multiplayer ever get fixed?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

also definitely an inside job

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

Jay Rust posted:

Spent my lunch hour trying to thing, "what is gaming's 9/11?", and it's gotta be them shutting down Lawbreakers

Honestly? Probably Atari deciding that it was a great idea to piss off their all their talent, directly leading to the creation of Activision and indirectly introducing shovelware & bundling to video games, including

Rarity posted:

ET on the Atari

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

I haven't google searched the date that this happened but I vaguely remember being mildly inconvenienced I couldn't play Fat Princess

That was a game

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

When Roblox launched.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
It was when EA said "sense of pride and accomplishment" on reddit and got a lot of downvotes.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Ooh cool new game from the Cultist Simulator people got a release date!

https://twitter.com/factoryweather/status/1651995629680308255?t=upkvTbrdlUKtyTEsiJGNVw&s=19

You're a librarian who watchers over books of occultism, which will appeal to a niche but I'll be damned if I'm not in it.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Infinitum posted:

Holy poo poo post thoughts after you complete it.

One of my favourite games of all time.
Some of the best boss fights in the series.

On chapter 7 so far, and really enjoying the story and gameplay. Like you said, the boss fights are really good, and all of the different scenarios do a great job at breaking up the flow. Nothing feels like padding or wasting your time.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

didnt the cultist simulator guy do sex crimes

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

didn't psn users get a terrible 5 year old indie game as a lawsuit settlement for that whole thing or am I thinking of something else?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I said come in! posted:

Like you said, the boss fights are really good

Pledge of Demon lives rent free in my head

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

bone emulator posted:

didn't psn users get a terrible 5 year old indie game as a lawsuit settlement for that whole thing or am I thinking of something else?

Sony gave out free games in 2011 when PSN was down for nearly a month after hackers broke in and stole a ton of data. Not sure if any of these are 5 years old, indie, or terrible

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_PlayStation_Network_outage

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

bone emulator posted:

I forget the choices but I picked inFamous and Little Big Planet

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Infinitum posted:

Pledge of Demon lives rent free in my head

oooh oooh also the mini games are perfect. I want a Yakuza game that is just a collection of all of the mini/arcade games from all of the titles. I am a master at darts.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Endorph posted:

allegedly but definitely

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

It's murky

https://www.gamingonlinux.com/2021/07/alexis-kennedy-of-weather-factory-puts-out-open-letter-against-failbetter-games/

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Endorph posted:

Alexis Kennedy, yeah. He left the company in like 2016 though. Co-founded Weather Factory games and is currently working on Book of Hours https://weatherfactory.biz/book-of-hours/

https://www.eurogamer.net/two-women-accuse-cultist-simulator-developer-alexis-kennedy-of-exploitative-behaviour

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I said come in! posted:

oooh oooh also the mini games are perfect. I want a Yakuza game that is just a collection of all of the mini/arcade games from all of the titles. I am a master at darts.

The best minigame in Y0 is Pocket Racers

Very cute sidestory as well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

did Kennedy ever submit that police report he was threatening on twitter back in 2019 or was that a bluff

dervival fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Apr 28, 2023