Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values

Barry Bluejeans posted:

@WrestleVotes tells @GiveMeSport, reports Louis Dangoor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

JUNGLE BOY posted:

get the rock's eyes on this headline immediately

rock's still driving in circles around his neighborhood cutting promos to his phone directed at super-man. drat things been dead for 2 months, idk how he aint run outta gas

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Gonzo McFee posted:

I've heard loads of stories about JBL picking fights with people smaller than him, bullying writers and taking advantage of people in wrestling matches where if the other guy fought back they'd be fired. But every time I hear a story about JBL getting into a straight square go he gets knocked the gently caress out in humiliating fashion.

He's like the platonic ideal of a bully.

The story about how he hosed with Steve Blackman and Blackman repeatedly told JBL he was going to kill him--until JBL apologized twice--is fantastic lol. As is the receipt that Stevie Richards gave JBL with a chair after JBL hosed with Blue Meanie.

Moral: JBL can't handle Steves

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
Cody is on the table for WM40 but Rock is penciled in.

I hear Seth is in the conversation.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Dango Bango posted:

Oh yeah I had forgotten about Styles.

I just love the Brawl For All was set up specifically to own JBL.

….no? they wanted to get Dr Death over as a legit tough guy and then he got KO’ed by Bart Gunn

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

"highly-anticipated"

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

JUNGLE BOY posted:

get the rock's eyes on this headline immediately

rock's going to tweet something on the day before teasing WM41 so they change the ending again

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

rock's going to tweet something on the day before teasing WM41 so they change the ending again

"going to be a beautiful weekend in Philly. having a glass of teremana and contemplating taking a visit to see some family... you never know what might happen!"

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Julio Cruz posted:

….no? they wanted to get Dr Death over as a legit tough guy and then he got KO’ed by Bart Gunn

And Bart’s reward was to get knocked the gently caress out by a giant baby lol

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

History Comes Inside! posted:

Bart never fought Big Show :confused:

bartok
May 10, 2006

is Butterbean okay?

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Interesting new look for Miz

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
those Finish The Story shirts were my first clue. there's no way Vince would make finish the story shirts and then actually finish the story.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

MJeff posted:

https://twitter.com/SoDuTw/status/1651911836248186882

They're bringing in college kids, promising them they'll be WWE SUPERSTARS and destroying their bodies while paying them pennies. This is...pretty hosed up.

Not saying they're not loving up somehow, but I never heard of heavy lifting increasing chance of injury. In fact I thought strength training reduces the chance. Fitness goons?

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Julio Cruz posted:

Yes that was the other part of it, but Vince Russo created Brawl For All in order to watch JBL get knocked out

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

JBL is an absolute oval office and never forget it

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

https://twitter.com/GraysonWWE/status/1652012555986976789

you can stop blaming the PC for half the people who train there being injured currently

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

Tweak fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Apr 28, 2023

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

JUNGLE BOY posted:

https://twitter.com/GraysonWWE/status/1652012555986976789

you can stop blaming the PC for half the people who train there being injured currently

Isn’t that the guy who dumped Big E on his head

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Isn’t that the guy who dumped Big E on his head

No, that was Ridge Holland.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

DLC Inc posted:

The story about how he hosed with Steve Blackman and Blackman repeatedly told JBL he was going to kill him--until JBL apologized twice--is fantastic lol. As is the receipt that Stevie Richards gave JBL with a chair after JBL hosed with Blue Meanie.

Moral: JBL can't handle Steves

He's so lucky Dr. Death didn't make it into the finals.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Gavok posted:

He's so lucky Dr. Death didn't make it into the finals.

The little domino/big domino meme of JR being a dumb mark for Dr. Death leading to Bart Gunn being slaughtered by Butterbean.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Mulaney Power Move posted:

Not saying they're not loving up somehow, but I never heard of heavy lifting increasing chance of injury. In fact I thought strength training reduces the chance. Fitness goons?

Dave was mentioning on WOR that shoulder and knee problems are common for high end body builders for the type of lifting they do cause of stress on joints/high impact nature. It's just not as noticeable cause they're not doing bumps in bodybuilding

And HHH and Vince are 100% marks for high end bodybuilding

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Can't talk about JBL and the chair shot from Stevie Richards without showing the video, because the sound is absolutely essential:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aj1ScIBpUq0&t=18s

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Mulaney Power Move posted:

Depends what they actually have them doing. Crossfit, for example, will give you good results if you can survive it shredding your joints and tendons. Also a lot of the PC is coming from a sports background and have a lot of preexisting wear and tear. I don’t think anyone can know for sure but 8 torn ACLs is a pretty significant n

I would not be shocked if the drills at the PC were crossfit inspired. The culty vibe is a feature not a bug.

weekly font fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Apr 28, 2023

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

I don't see Matt Bloom as a crossfit guy

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

cody losing twice in the main event of mania is double the comedy

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Please don't doxx EMF

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

That DICK! posted:

rock's still driving in circles around his neighborhood cutting promos to his phone directed at super-man. drat things been dead for 2 months, idk how he aint run outta gas

that’s a legendary video

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

quote:

The WWE Draft pools have been released, and featured some notable omissions and inclusions. In the event of some wrestlers, they’re sidelined with injuries and WWE likes to leave flexibility to apply returning talent to brands that need them the most.

Alexa Bliss- Alexa Bliss was sidelined due to a skin cancer procedure, and appeared on The Masked Singer. She hasn’t been factored into creative plans of late. Originally she was to be tied in to a Bray Wyatt story.

Aliyah: Had been sidelined due to an elevated first rib and AC sprain in September. Creative hasn’t had substantial plans for her, though they were told she was ready to return quite a while back. We haven’t heard if her absence to this point is injury related.

Big E - Big E has yet to return from his neck injury. There hasn’t been an update on his status in quite some time and isn’t factored in to creative plans.

Bray Wyatt- Bray Wyatt was overcoming an illness as of WrestleMania weekend, and wasn’t in the creative plans. However, he’s told people close to him he’s excited to make his way back whenever he’s able.

Carmella- Carmella has been sidelined since before WrestleMania. WWE hasn’t provided an update on her, but she is still working community events.

Gable Steveson- Gable Steveson was picked in the 2021 Draft, which served as a major surprise to most in the company and on the roster. We’re told there has never been a creative plan for Gable Steveson, and even before returning to amateur wrestling, he was a long way off. Those we spoke to say the move was a publicity stunt.

Jinder Mahal - Mahal is considered full-time as an NXT talent now and was not included in the Draft pool.

Lita- Based on what we’ve heard, Lita isn’t expected to have a heavy in-ring future, and the appearances with Becky Lynch were a means to the end to progress the Trish Stratus feud.

Logan Paul- Though Logan Paul has signed a new contract with WWE, he will be used sparingly. He’ll operate as a free agent to give WWE flexibility, though he’s primarily appeared on Raw. He was used in promotional materials for the Draft.

Maryse: This wouldn’t normally be notable, as she rarely appears. However, Maryse was included on the draft graphic with the Miz, but not on the listed draft pool.

Randy Orton- Orton underwent back fusion surgery last year after struggling for months with the injury. The last we checked, he’d been telling people close to him that he plans to return to wrestling, but WWE told us WrestleMania weekend he was still “quite a way off.”

Robert Roode- WWE expects Roode to be sidelined for the remainder of 2023 as he recovers from neck fusion surgery.

R-Truth: R-Truth is expected to miss most of 2023 while he recovers from a torn quad he sustained in late 2022/

Shanky- Shanky has not been factored into any creative plans since Triple H took over creative. He didn’t make the move to NXT with Jinder Mahal and has not been backstage of late.

Uncle Howdy- Uncle Howdy’s status is very much tied to that of Bray Wyatt. Howdy is portrayed by Bo Dallas.

NOTABLE INCLUSIONS:

Brock Lesnar: Lesnar is notably included in the Draft Pool, which is a rarity. The last draft he was included in was the comprehensive 2019 draft. Prior to that, he was included in the 2016 Draft.

Drew McIntyre: Despite questions regarding his status, Drew McIntyre is in the draft pools and expected to return to the road shortly.

Riddick Moss: This is only notable in the fact that WWE has officially changed Madcap Moss’ name back to Riddick Moss.

Trish Stratus: The first time that Trish Stratus has been drafted since 2002, she’s expected to be active and a regular on WWE programming through at least the summer. Stratus was not included on the draft graphic.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Can't believe they forgot about Shanky

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

bartok posted:

is Butterbean okay?

That line is one of Knoxville's finest moments

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

quote:

- WWE Draft round one

- Usos and Solo Sikoa promo

- Butch vs. LA Knight

- WWE Draft Round two and "TBD"

- The following segment is listed as "TBD"

- WWE Draft Round 3

- Sonya Deville vs. Zelina

- Zelina backstage segment

- Another "TBD" segment

- WWE Draft round 4

- Tag Titles: Kevin Owens & Sami Zayn vs. The Usos

Backstage News

- Shotzi vs. Lacey Evans is set for a pre-show dark match

- Raquel Rodriguez vs. Rhea Ripley for the Smackdown Women's title is the dark match main event

- Solo Sikoa vs. Matt Riddle is a post-show dark match.

- Rey Mysterio and Chelsea Green are planned for the show

Spoilers:

- AJ Styles is in town for tonight's show

- Road Dogg is set for tonight's show.

- Teddy Long was planned for tonight's show

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Road Dogg set for the show sounds like a threat

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
They missed a very funny opportunity to draft Uncle Howdy, even if Bray isn't around. Hell, especially if Bray isn't around.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

This is BS because it says Uncle Howdy is portrayed by Bo Dallas when it’s actually Jay White

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

DeepDickPizza posted:

They missed a very funny opportunity to draft Uncle Howdy, even if Bray isn't around. Hell, especially if Bray isn't around.

Jay White is All Elite

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

the Bray line item sounds like insane cope from Bray himself

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Current draft picks

1) Roman (w/ Heyman and Solo) stays at SD