Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Born in Bexhill posted:

fake baby does not always equal bad movie

agreed, Walk Hard has a great visual gag using a fake baby

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Born in Bexhill
Apr 9, 2007

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

agreed, Walk Hard has a great visual gag using a fake baby

I’ll have to rewatch, I haven’t seen in ages.

I’m sure there was some CGI baby scenes in Baby’s Day Out for example (construction site scenes)

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
It might be in the Director's Cut, but it's part of a montage where Dewey Cox and Tim Meadows' character are in a flashback of a delivery room, and you can see John C. Riley obviously shaking the fake rubber baby with his hands so it kinda looks like it's crying as he hands it over to Tim Meadows, who then starts obviously shaking the fake rubber baby with his hands. it's like a one second gag making fun of one specific aspect of those biopic movies, but it's very funny to me

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

i hate that god forsaken thing!

captainbananas
Sep 11, 2002

Ahoy, Captain!

hapsburg-rear end baby

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
that baby did some lines

Tungsten
Aug 10, 2004

Your Working Boy

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

rumor is they trained the ai on photos of anya taylor-joy and that's why it looks like that

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
precious moments doll people

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/ahumblecabbage/status/1650253799133528068

Now we're cooking with gas

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Sorry, but the people have spoken.

:dogstare:

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana
Nov 25, 2013

They Knew by Sarah Kedzidor is some real crack ping stuff. There's a whole chapter devoted to a guy who was Epstein before Epstein was a thing. Holy poo poo

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

lmao

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
the composite looks like Don Vito Margera, who was arrested for groping kids :thunk:

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Looks like Steve Buscemi

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
https://i.imgur.com/B1mgtZe.mp4

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

:staredog:

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Sorry, but the people have spoken.

:stare:

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
:shehuck:

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020
Social priming as a whole is essentially academic fraud or at best idiots who don't understand statistics.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

cagliostr0 posted:

Social priming as a whole is essentially academic fraud or at best idiots who don't understand statistics.

it's both

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

this would be my Halloween costume if I was a silver daddy

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

my mom is watching a Dateline about a U.S. Army intelligence analyst serial killer called Sarah Jean Hartsfield and I’m trying to figure out how to explain to her hey, isn’t it weird how all these murderers are involved in the military???

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana posted:

They Knew by Sarah Kedzidor is some real crack ping stuff. There's a whole chapter devoted to a guy who was Epstein before Epstein was a thing. Holy poo poo

she’s a fed

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
sarah kendzior was convinced she was going to be kidnapped and renditioned somewhere by joy ann reid because she was left in a green room unattended for 45 minutes and that will never not be hilarious

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer
kendzior said jacobin magazine incited violence against her by neutrally linking ine of her tweets

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
harlan crow's brother

https://twitter.com/GeneAntros/status/1652309636450590720

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

harlan crow's brother

to be clear, the Sarah Ferguson mentioned there is the ex-wife of Prince Andrews

and this probably flew under the radar as far as the connection to Harlan Crow because the story is dated about a week-and-a-half before the Clarence Thomas issue

but, y'know, all the elites are chummy with each other and they're all predators

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Justified-rear end name

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

mawarannahr posted:

Justified-rear end name

brings a new meaning to "never leave Harlan alive"

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

in the past 5 minutes I've come across only my second jolyon. he seems ok so far and is probably well known to British gones
https://twitter.com/jolyonmaugham/status/1195814115408781312

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

smarxist posted:

sarah kendzior was convinced she was going to be kidnapped and renditioned somewhere by joy ann reid because she was left in a green room unattended for 45 minutes and that will never not be hilarious

gonna need a receipt on this one sounds hilarious

is her book any good? it has a blurb from ur-lib Timothy Snyder which makes me wanna skip it

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Kendzior is a big Russiagater. I wouldn't expect the host of the Gaslit Nation podcast to be interesting.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

my bony fealty posted:

gonna need a receipt on this one sounds hilarious

is her book any good? it has a blurb from ur-lib Timothy Snyder which makes me wanna skip it

I can't cite a source but I remember becoming aware of her when #resistance was spooling up, and she definitely believed (believes?) that she was gonna get tossed into a black site at any moment for her journalistic work. She spoke about it with all the gravitas and purpose of a warzone journalist on the front lines, talking about her possible impending sacrifice. Only, y'know, she was sitting comfortably in the heart of empire in literally no danger. That said, I do genuinely think she believed/believes it, but it's also something that she really, really wants to believe because of the purpose and moral certainty such a belief provides.

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

For who knows what is good for a person in life, during the few and meaningless days they pass through like a shadow? Who can tell them what will happen under the sun after they are gone?
wake up babe, previously unreported epstein calendar stuff reported in the WSJ https://archive.is/2023.04.30-12570...homsky-c9f6a3ff

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

mawarannahr posted:

in the past 5 minutes I've come across only my second jolyon. he seems ok so far and is probably well known to British gones
https://twitter.com/jolyonmaugham/status/1195814115408781312

He's establishment lib as all gently caress but he's been slowly waking up to the sheer naked corruption and brutality of the british state over the last couple years

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Petey posted:

wake up babe, previously unreported epstein calendar stuff reported in the WSJ https://archive.is/2023.04.30-12570...homsky-c9f6a3ff

I'm just gonna post snippets because, you know, what the gently caress

quote:

William Burns, director of the Central Intelligence Agency since 2021, had three meetings scheduled with Epstein in 2014, when he was deputy secretary of state, the documents show. They first met in Washington and then Mr. Burns visited Epstein’s townhouse in Manhattan.

Kathryn Ruemmler, a White House counsel under President Barack Obama, had dozens of meetings with Epstein in the years after her White House service and before she became a top lawyer at Goldman Sachs Group Inc. in 2020. He also planned for her to join a 2015 trip to Paris and a 2017 visit to Epstein’s private island in the Caribbean.

Leon Botstein, the president of Bard College, invited Epstein, who brought a group of young female guests, to the campus.

Noam Chomsky, a professor, author and political activist, was scheduled to fly with Epstein to have dinner at Epstein’s Manhattan townhouse in 2015.

In March 2015, Epstein scheduled a gathering with Mr. Chomsky and Harvard University professor Martin Nowak and other academics, according to the documents. Mr. Chomsky said they had several meetings at Mr. Nowak’s research institute to discuss neuroscience and other topics.

Two months later, Epstein planned to fly with Mr. Chomsky and his wife to have dinner with them and movie director Woody Allen and his wife, Soon-Yi Previn, the documents show.

Mr. Chomsky told the Journal that at the time of his meetings “what was known about Jeffrey Epstein was that he had been convicted of a crime and had served his sentence. According to U.S. laws and norms, that yields a clean slate.”

In case you don't recognize the name Martin Nowak...

gradenko_2000 posted:

Charles Lieber was arrested in January 2020 in connection with work he was doing in Wuhan for George Church and Martin Nowak, geneticists who received 6.5 million USD from Jeffrey Epstein as a grant to the Program for Evolutionary Dynamics, whose research topics included virus dynamics

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

chomsky ftw

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

holy poo poo

quote:

Mr. Ramo, who still sits on the board of FedEx and recently stepped down from the Starbucks board, didn’t respond to requests for comment. A spokeswoman for Mr. Kissinger said he wasn’t aware that Mr. Ramo was meeting with Epstein. 

Mr. Barak also met Epstein in 2015 with Mr. Chomsky, now 94, a linguistics professor and political activist who has been critical of capitalism and U.S. foreign policy. 

Mr. Chomsky said Epstein arranged the meeting with Mr. Barak for them to discuss “Israel’s policies with regard to Palestinian issues and the international arena.”

Mr. Barak said he often met with Epstein on trips to New York and was introduced to people such as Mr. Ramo and Mr. Chomsky to discuss geopolitics or other topics. “He often brought other interesting persons, from art or culture, law or science, finance, diplomacy or philanthropy,” Mr. Barak said.

Epstein arranged several meetings in 2015 and 2016 with Mr. Chomsky, while he was a professor at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.

When asked about his relationship with Epstein, Mr. Chomsky replied in an email: “First response is that it is none of your business. Or anyone’s. Second is that I knew him and we met occasionally.”

In March 2015, Epstein scheduled a gathering with Mr. Chomsky and Harvard University professor Martin Nowak and other academics, according to the documents. Mr. Chomsky said they had several meetings at Mr. Nowak’s research institute to discuss neuroscience and other topics.

Two months later, Epstein planned to fly with Mr. Chomsky and his wife to have dinner with them and movie director Woody Allen and his wife, Soon-Yi Previn, the documents show.

“If there was a flight, which I doubt, it would have been from Boston to New York, 30 minutes,” Mr. Chomsky said. “I’m unaware of the principle that requires that I inform you about an evening spent with a great artist.” 

Epstein donated at least $850,000 to MIT between 2002 and 2017, and more than $9.1 million to Harvard from 1998 to 2008, the schools have said. In 2021, Harvard said it was sanctioning Mr. Nowak for violating university policies in his dealings with Epstein, and was shutting a research center he ran that Epstein had funded. MIT said it was inappropriate to accept Epstein’s gifts, and that it later donated $850,000 to nonprofits supporting survivors of sexual abuse. 

In a 2020 interview with the “dunc tank” podcast, Mr. Chomsky said that people he considered worse than Epstein had donated to MIT. He didn’t mention any of his meetings with Epstein.

Noam Chomsky, a professor and political activist, said he discussed political and academic topics when meeting with Epstein.

Mr. Chomsky told the Journal that at the time of his meetings “what was known about Jeffrey Epstein was that he had been convicted of a crime and had served his sentence. According to U.S. laws and norms, that yields a clean slate.”

MIT said lawyers investigating its ties to Epstein didn’t find that Mr. Chomsky met with Epstein on its campus or received funding from him. Harvard declined to comment beyond the report it published on its Epstein ties in 2020. Mr. Nowak has said he regretted his role in fostering a connection between Epstein and Harvard. He didn’t respond to requests for comment.

mawarannahr has issued a correction as of 14:54 on Apr 30, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

For who knows what is good for a person in life, during the few and meaningless days they pass through like a shadow? Who can tell them what will happen under the sun after they are gone?
Chomsky’s “No comment. and furthermore” is why he is the greatest poster who ever lived