Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

POWELL CURES KIDS
Aug 26, 2016

what point in the venture bros should i skip to for it to start being funny? because i need something new to fill the long lonely hours and halfway through season one this ain't cutting it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN
it gets less funny as it goes on

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

POWELL CURES KIDS posted:

what point in the venture bros should i skip to for it to start being funny? because i need something new to fill the long lonely hours and halfway through season one this ain't cutting it

the best episodes of Season one are Ghosts of the Sargasso and Tag Sale, You're It!, the only context you need for Season 2 is that Season 1 ends with The Monarch going to Jail and his henchmen killing the Venture Bros.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
there might be some continuity jokes you miss later on but you'll mostly pick up on it. or it's just not for you.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://twitter.com/JoeBelBruno/status/1651667375018905600

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

josh04 posted:

the second one opens with an origin story for his moustache shot in b&w

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

¡Viva los Muertos! which is season 2 i think?

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://twitter.com/ReelTalker/status/1651974496759283716

get out

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

don't skip any of venture bros imo

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
Venture Bros only gets better as it goes on. the last two seasons are some of the best animation there is. when i rewatch it i usually skip most of season one though.

https://twitter.com/MdSheryl/status/1651600775682969602?s=20

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022
venture bros is great from start to finish

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

first three seasons of Venture Bros are the good ones and i would honestly say if yr not diggin season one it's probably not for you

POWELL CURES KIDS
Aug 26, 2016

bless, and gently caress

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
it's impossible for me to objectively judge S2 because I think I watched every episode 1,000,000 times when i was in high school

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

josh04 posted:

the second one opens with an origin story for his moustache shot in b&w

oh yeah that bit was dumb as hell and his moustache does look very gross like some insectoid pincers or something

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015

You must pay the price for this post.
venture bros has 2 good characters, Samson and Dr girlfriend, and it ebbs and flows with them alone

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

doubtful this actually happens, and if it does, probably won't be very good, but i will watch

https://twitter.com/DEADLINE/status/1652006112906866689

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

doubtful this actually happens, and if it does, probably won't be very good, but i will watch

https://twitter.com/DEADLINE/status/1652006112906866689

Guy directed The Proposition which is probably the closest thing in mainstream cinema to a Blood Meridian-esque sort of movie.

He also frequently gets Nick Cave to do his scores and if anyone could score Blood Meridian it's Nick Cave.

IDK. They got the right director, but casting that movie is going to be a hell of a thing because I can't think of anyone who could do Judge Holden justice. Off the top of my head the only guy I can think of who has the looks and the chops is Vincent D'onofrio, and he's too drat old.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
Blood Meridian with a Nick Cave score is too good to be true but fingers crossed.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Zeroisanumber posted:

Guy directed The Proposition which is probably the closest thing in mainstream cinema to a Blood Meridian-esque sort of movie.

He also frequently gets Nick Cave to do his scores and if anyone could score Blood Meridian it's Nick Cave.

IDK. They got the right director, but casting that movie is going to be a hell of a thing because I can't think of anyone who could do Judge Holden justice. Off the top of my head the only guy I can think of who has the looks and the chops is Vincent D'onofrio, and he's too drat old.

it's going to be The Rock

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

my bony fealty posted:

it's going to be The Rock

Honestly, that just gave me an idea.

No poo poo, Dave Bautista. He could do it. Might have to do a little skin lightening make-up and some changes in post to make him an albino, but he could pull it off.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Zeroisanumber posted:

it is tricky because The Proposition is indeed a great psuedo-Blood Meridian but everything he's done since, including his adapation of The Road, has kinda sucked

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Zeroisanumber posted:

diegetic music only please

dave bautista could be the judge if he put on some weight

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Zeroisanumber posted:

No poo poo, Dave Bautista.

:hfive:

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

i think you have to do an oblique adaptation of blood meridian, the way apocalypse now is an adaptation of heart of darkness

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
A perfectly hairless, albino Dave Bautista making gunpowder out of piss.

A perfectly hairless, albino Dave Bautista dancing nude.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
I think a narrator reading lines from the book itself could be pretty neat. Mccarthy's prose is half the appeal.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!
Dave Bautist

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Safety Factor posted:

A nude, hairless, albino Dave Bautista covering himself in feasting vampire bats in the dead of the desert night before kidnapping, raping, and murdering a young child.

There's a reason this movie has never made it to production.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Zeroisanumber posted:

He's in his 60's now but I always pictured the Judge as Clancy Brown in my head. that fuckin voice, man

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Safety Factor posted:

:yeshaha:

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022
only interested if mccarthy writes the screenplay himself, The Counselor was an interesting failure

POWELL CURES KIDS
Aug 26, 2016

best case: the judge doesn't appear on screen, theaters turn the heat down and blow some wind through

POWELL CURES KIDS
Aug 26, 2016

my expectations will border on pathology. it would take blood magic to make me watch a trailer. i will assuredly die without seeing this movie

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

He's in his 60's now but I always pictured the Judge as Clancy Brown in my head. that fuckin voice, man

I'd never considered it but yeah based on Carnivale I can see it. I don't know how you could convincingly make him look like a big weird baby though

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

:dafuq:

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

https://www.avclub.com/severance-season-2-delays-showrunners-fight-report-1850386615

quote:

According to a new report from Puck, dislike between the series’ co-showrunners Dan Erickson and Mark Friedman, not to mention extensive script rewrites and episode costs in the $20 million range, have led to delays on season 2.

lol holy poo poo, i maybe expected severance to hit rewrite hell because of the complicated plot but $20m/episode is insane

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
Only person I'd really trust to direct it and nail it would be Kubrick.

As long as I'm dreamcasting how about a young Jack Nicholson as Toadvine and Apocalypse Now-era Marlon Brando as Judge Holden.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
I know he wanted to direct Blood Meridian for awhile, but I always thought Tommy Lee Jones would be good for it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

my expectations will border on pathology. it would take blood magic to make me watch a trailer. i will assuredly die without seeing this movie