Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

How could you possibly pass up having Chekov and Sulu portrayed by Fozzie and Rowlf?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

I vote Spock as Leonard Nimoy. He was bizarre enough in that one anyway, given everything.

Have Big Bird and the La Choy dragon on the Federation council.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Muppets ST4: all future characters are muppets, all 20th century people are human.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Statler and Waldorf should be the two garbage men when they land the bird of prey

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

^ That's perfect!

If Kermit is going to be Kirk, then by Muppet logic shouldn't Piggy be Gillian? That would be perfect during the "not the hell your whales" scene.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

If Kermit is going to be Kirk, then by Muppet logic shouldn't Piggy be Gillian? That would be perfect during the "not the hell your whales" scene.

Nah, Gillian fits the human-character role best, I think.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Also if you want to keep the romantic tension then piggy as Kirk and Kermit as Spock.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

^ That's perfect!

It's not an Uhura thing, but Piggy is at her best when she's jealous

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I am remember Rolf playing Worf in a Muppet Babies episode

bennyfactor
Nov 21, 2008

Sash! posted:

I am remember Rolf playing Worf in a Muppet Babies episode

Yes, and the right movie to muppetize is First Contact. Picard remains human, Rolf is Worf, Scooter is Geordi, Data is Kermit, Zefram Cochrane is Gonzo, etc. The Borg are Pigs in Space and teh Queen is Miss Piggy. Borg mechanical parts are muppet pig parts. Data/Kermit gets some pig skin in the borg/pigified Main Engineering since "it's not easy being green" etc.

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
Now I'm imagining a TNG where Worf is the only non-muppet character. Dorn wouldn't even have to alter his performance.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

gonzo as kirk, saying 'what does god need with a starship'

god is frank oz

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

If you want Muppet Star Trek just watch Farscape.

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

What sci-fi ship is more iconic than the Enterprise D?

If not that then it has to be Star Wars... the Falcon, an X-Wing, the Death Star?

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Tom Tucker posted:

What sci-fi ship is more iconic than the Enterprise D?

If not that then it has to be Star Wars... the Falcon, an X-Wing, the Death Star?

Iconic from the inside, I think is most definitely the D. Outside is a total d20 or more roll.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

In terms of the general public, I think the Connie is more iconic than the D.

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

If I was a billionaire I'd spend all my time doing poo poo like paying 10,000 random people to answer "what's the name of this sci-fi ship" for the 100 most recognizable ships ever to answer this question

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

MikeJF posted:

Muppets ST4: all future characters are muppets, all 20th century people are human.
"My god, what happened to humanity!?"

"...We do not discuss it with outsiders."

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Tom Tucker posted:

If I was a billionaire I'd spend all my time doing poo poo like paying 10,000 random people to answer "what's the name of this sci-fi ship" for the 100 most recognizable ships ever to answer this question

I'd pay Frakes a million dollars to film "THE FEDERATION IS GONE, THE MUPPETS ARE EVERYWHERE"

Admiralty Flag
Jun 7, 2007

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Sash! posted:

I'd pay Frakes a million dollars to film "THE FEDERATION IS GONE, THE MUPPETS ARE EVERYWHERE"

Only need $300 on Cameo!

Lowen SoDium
Jun 5, 2003

Highen Fiber
Clapping Larry
Swedish chef as Scotty. Cutting to him working on the warp core while doing his bit, as if he were cooking, would work.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Lowen SoDium posted:

Swedish chef as Scotty. Cutting to him working on the warp core while doing his bit, as if he were cooking, would work.

"Espeng de bor, de bor de Woorp Coor"

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Stretch goal: Swedish Chef trying in character to hit a Scottish accent.

Admiralty Flag
Jun 7, 2007

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Hey, whoever it was who said Orville season 3 starts using the full hour effectively after the first few episodes instead of just padding 44 minute scripts: thank you, you're correct. Also, lots of good callbacks not for the sake of nostalgia but continuing plotlines in a living universe (except for someone's reappearance in the final episode). I think season 3 is on the whole better than 2 -- Charlie as a character really brought some needed friction, and there's less goofiness (in this, 3 is to 2 as 2 was to 1) -- and I want season 4 more than I wanted season 3. Too bad that looks like a real longshot.

My only real complaint (aside from the first few eps being thin for their runtime) was the direction seemed weaker this season, but I guess I was able to live with that. Maybe it was all the MacFarlane-helmed eps? I didn't stop and check in real-time when I noticed a weak hand behind the scenes.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
I also liked it. And I liked the messaging in the last episode.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

It was a good move to resolve the Kalyon threat in the penultimate episode so that the finale gets to be classic Star Trek and end on an unambiguously optimistic and hopeful note.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Alchenar posted:

It was a good move to resolve the Kalyon threat in the penultimate episode so that the finale gets to be classic Star Trek and end on an unambiguously optimistic and hopeful note.

Totally agreed, and it's good they finally took out the trash with the moclan thing.

Actual Satan
Mar 14, 2017

Keep on partying!

You'll NEVER regret it!

Trust ME!

Enterprise J is a cool as hell idea and a kickass design, if you disagree please go gently caress yourself.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Actual Satan posted:

Enterprise J is a cool as hell idea and a kickass design, if you disagree please go gently caress yourself.

Yeah, the new render in that Roddenberry thing looks great. Huge improvement on the original model from Enterprise.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Oh that's the first screenshot where I've realised what's inside the saucer.

e: but yeah Iain Banks showed the way. The natural endgame of this technology that we are pretending is possible is that spaceships just look like nice cities on the inside because physical structure ceases to matter.

Alchenar fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Apr 28, 2023

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Actual Satan posted:

The J at least has it's nacelles attached, unlike all that stupid loving disco poo poo.

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

Actual Satan posted:

I like it as a far future cityship thing that we don't really know anything about except for what we can glean from renders

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
Enterprise j looks like it skips nacelle day at the gym

MrData
Jun 28, 2008
What the..how is everyone's mind not collectively exploding right now over https://roddenberry.x.io/ ?

This is insane. You can walk around on ALL the bridges. This is the Captain's Chair CD-ROM from the 90's in turbo-overdrive. It looks like some kind of video streaming they are using, like Google Stadia?

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

MrData posted:

What the..how is everyone's mind not collectively exploding right now over https://roddenberry.x.io/ ?

This is insane. You can walk around on ALL the bridges. This is the Captain's Chair CD-ROM from the 90's in turbo-overdrive. It looks like some kind of video streaming they are using, like Google Stadia?

Because every time I go I get

e: Oh, it seems to work in Safari. Maybe my ad blockers are too sensitive.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

MrData posted:

I wasn't aware it existed until you posted. So thanks!

I might have said this before: Voyager's bridge is weird. The TOS, TNG and DS9 (Defiant) bridges have a 'flow' to them, but Voyager's bridge has weird nooks and crannies that make it seem like the floor of a modernistic skyscraper. It's my least favorite design.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

I can only find the Enterprise bridges, and pivot around from a single point. There's other ships and you can move around the bridge? How the hell do you navigate that site?

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Knormal posted:

I can only find the Enterprise bridges, and pivot around from a single point. There's other ships and you can move around the bridge? How the hell do you navigate that site?

At the bottom you can hold your mouse button and slide the timeline for more ships. Took me a second to figure it out too.

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

MrData posted:

The captains chair on the kelvin enterprise is weirdly isolated, I don’t think I ever noticed because they usually had other people around the chair from what I can remember.

Edit: lol the little track on the floor for tom’s chair on voyager

holefoods fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Apr 29, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Turns out LCARS has extremely poor interface design.

It's a super cool concept, but the entire thing is presented incredibly poorly and it kinda feels like they're shooting themselves in the foot by putting so much effort into it but barely letting us see anything. Why not let me zoom around freely? And is the outside of the ship really not a part of this?

feedmyleg fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Apr 29, 2023