Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulO6zr9svjA

Bit longer, but the ending is glorious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme
The episode on The Liver King was fun. I have heard $100k cited as the amount of money people spend on drugs to get ready for a year's Mr Olympia competition, so just lol that he spent even more than that. Though I suppose that's what it takes to go from "really jacked for a normal person" to "comic book character jacked" in a short amount of time.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Zugzwang posted:

The episode on The Liver King was fun. I have heard $100k cited as the amount of money people spend on drugs to get ready for a year's Mr Olympia competition, so just lol that he spent even more than that. Though I suppose that's what it takes to go from "really jacked for a normal person" to "comic book character jacked" in a short amount of time.

It's not BtB, but I remember watching up a follow-up vid by someone talking about body dysmorphia with that lunatic as an example.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Even more news is btb-adjacent

I personally am getting more and more disgusted with cody’s routine of loudly and painfully drinking an entire glass of healthy greens vitamin slop, and i quite wish he would fuckin’ stop

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

https://twitter.com/propublica/status/1643929027353124864?s=46&t=8qKeRz1MPwpnqaU9WYBJgg

Reminder that Thomas is still a motherfucker

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Good grief I am still two years behind BtB but I don't want to skip anything.

Though I did skip the ground reporting about the Portland protests because I lived it and didn't want to rehash.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
Finally:

https://twitter.com/IwriteOK/status/1645577258680340480

Best guest for this would have to be Dan from KF, I doubt even he knows about all the poo poo Vince has done

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Now that you've suggested it any guest who isn't Dan is gonna be disappointing

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
You may be right, and yet:

https://twitter.com/knowledge_fight/status/1645590173021794305

Just bring 'em both on

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme

Inzombiac posted:

Good grief I am still two years behind BtB but I don't want to skip anything.
I have listened to most of the show over the past two years. What's fun is that I've forgotten most of the details about the people Robert covers, but I'll see their name pop up someplace and immediately remember "that person sucks."

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Jordan would be fine but I can only really stand a BtB guest if they have something to add other than pained reactions. I liked when Jason Pargin was on to talk about the CIA and did his own research to go with it

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Dangerous Person posted:

Jordan would be fine but I can only really stand a BtB guest if they have something to add other than pained reactions. I liked when Jason Pargin was on to talk about the CIA and did his own research to go with it

Robert does not understand rasslin enough to be able to go in-depth enough IMO

And just about anyone who does would either be a guest who would want to be paid, or would be awful to listen to

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

rotinaj posted:

Robert does not understand rasslin enough to be able to go in-depth enough IMO

And just about anyone who does would either be a guest who would want to be paid, or would be awful to listen to

We have this David Bixenspan.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Luigi Thirty posted:

We have this David Bixenspan.

i was mentally grouping him under guests who might require payment, but he would be good

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.

Dangerous Person posted:

I usually like him but I fuckin hated the mkultra episodes because Jason kept adding wishy-washy waffling to literally everything

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Lol I got a Reagan gold coin ad from iHeart when I loaded up today's episode.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

The Mengele episodes were real good, I liked the theme of “this man wasn’t a mad scientist he was just completely unconcerned with ethics when it came to experiments” and how many doctors were were just like him attitudinally.

I wish BtB would stop with the BetterHelp ads though. I’m sure the sentiment comes from a good place but they loving suck when it comes to privacy and how they treat their therapists

https://twitter.com/scretladyspider/status/1649843579882205184?s=46&t=5gxKQFzDrDvx-7j58Ypw3g

They don’t actually give a poo poo about people’s well-being, they just found a market they could exploit and went to it, like Uber but for your brain, right down to the labor exploitation and lack of any sort of regulation.

Papa Was A Video Toaster
Jan 9, 2011

"Somewhere off the coast of Thailand sits the picture perfect island of Kotow. 'It's almost is if you imagined or drew a picture of the perfect island.' ..."
:shepicide:

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Papa Was A Video Toaster posted:

"Somewhere off the coast of Thailand sits the picture perfect island of Kotow. 'It's almost is if you imagined or drew a picture of the perfect island.' ..."

Me: "Ah, so it's an entire podcast about that one case I heard about on Casefile? Sure, I'll probably listen to a single episode then forget about it. Thanks, iHeart."

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin

Papa Was A Video Toaster posted:

And they always tease us with with ads for gold sellers and the Calirofornia Highway Patrol but all I get are lovely true crime podcasts :<

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I started laughing when they revealed that the Bikram Yoga guy was inspired to start a cult thanks to the Rajneesh guy from Oregon

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

FlamingLiberal posted:

I started laughing when they revealed that the Bikram Yoga guy was inspired to start a cult thanks to the Rajneesh guy from Oregon

Didn’t get a chance (saving it for next week) to listen to Thursday.

Repping the awe ree gone, we had the literal* first biological terrorism in an attempt to influence an election.

*Someone will come up with an earlier example, also eat my dick.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

https://twitter.com/IwriteOK/status/1656120467265323008?s=20

Vince McMahon episodes next week, I can't loving wait. Vince is just a baffling monster.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

It looks like Seanbaby is the guest too, and he just covered Vince’s weird bodybuilding Pay Per View event

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

I know nothing of Vince but am looking forward to the insanity. Seanbaby was great for the Seagal eps too.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I hope they cover the time that Vince faked his death as part of some storyline on the show and Trump thought he really died

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

FlamingLiberal posted:

I hope they cover the time that Vince faked his death as part of some storyline on the show and Trump thought he really died

I hope they cover the time vince said that he was selling wwe to trump and the stock price took a huge dip and they had to scramble to tell people “it’s just a storyline”

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

bobjr posted:

It looks like Seanbaby is the guest too, and he just covered Vince’s weird bodybuilding Pay Per View event

YES! gently caress!

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Grand Fromage posted:

I know nothing of Vince but am looking forward to the insanity. Seanbaby was great for the Seagal eps too.

vince is like

so like

where to even begin

so like despite what you think of vince, he is actually from north carolina, because while his father (vince sr) was a major new york area events promoter, his dad basically left his mom right after vince was born, she eventually remarried but vince never actually met his dad until he was like 12

vince was sexually abused and beat as a kid with wrenches by his step-father and more or less got sent to military school and expelled

eventually he got out of college and basically left carolina to work under his father and after that it's been a 50 year ride of cocaine, sexual abuse, insanity, and broken lives that he will ultimately never be punished for

FlamingLiberal posted:

rotinaj posted:

I hope they cover the time vince said that he was selling wwe to trump and the stock price took a huge dip and they had to scramble to tell people “it’s just a storyline”

like I kind of get the sentiment but honestly like Vince McMahon killed Owen Hart, paid a poo poo ton of hush money to cover up his abuse allegations, and probably paid off an inordinate amount of people in the 80s and 90s to keep his wrestlers out of trouble

then there's where he beat the federal government on steroids distribution charges on technicalities and ruined his secretary's life as a result

like man the storylines are one thing but goddamn

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK fucked around with this message at 16:15 on May 12, 2023

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK posted:

like I kind of get the sentiment but honestly like Vince McMahon killed Owen Hart, paid a poo poo ton of hush money to cover up his abuse allegations, and probably paid off an inordinate amount of people in the 80s and 90s to keep his wrestlers out of trouble

then there's where he beat the federal government on steroids distribution charges on technicalities and ruined his secretary's life as a result

like man the storylines are one thing but goddamn

I just want some side tangents on how bad vince is as a businessman between things like the snuka murder or the ring boy scandal

A palate cleanser, if you will

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
and for those wondering, like the steroids poo poo is basically like

it is extremely obvious to people that vince mcmahon likes well muscled wrestlers especially in the 80s and early 90s

so basically a lot of his wrestlers did a poo poo ton of steroids basically with his tacit approval in the 80s and 90s and they were getting their drugs from a wwf paid doctor

and they would basically have all of their steroids sent to the wwf office where the secretary would collect them and then drive them out of wherever the wrestlers were at in their tour

and the doctor eventually was convicted by the feds of steroid distribution and they charged vince with it as well

and so basically what it comes down to is like

the doctor while he was paid by wwf was a pennsylvania state mandated doctor that wwf needed to use while they were running events in pennsylvania. at the time most of wwf's tv (this was well before monday night raw) was being shot in pennsylvania so a lot of wrestlers were just kind of used to dealing with the dude as a result by default

(please note that there is a corroborated story that vince was tipped off of the steroid charges when he was actually considering bringing the doctor on as actual paid staff and literally had the job offer letter destroyed just before wwf offices were raided)

the general policy of wwf was to use the main office as a forwarding service for packages since vince was running his boys on tours for literally a month at a time so they were bsically never home and they were like yeah we did that but we did that for all the mail

and when it came to trial there were some witnesses but it was mostly based off of a) the doctor (who vince's lawyers pointed out wasn't someone wwf chose and prosecutors didnt have evidence otherwise) who was also a convicted felon at this point and the jury didnt like that, b) Hulk Hogan who said he did them without Vince's knowledge (aka lying his rear end off for more favor with Vince), and c) a wrestler named Nailz who...look he got fired from wwf for trying to choke out vince over pay fuckery. this was pointed out. it was not a great move by the prosecutors.

and so basically vince escaped federal steroid distribution prosecution

rotinaj posted:

I just want some side tangents on how bad vince is as a businessman between things like the snuka murder or the ring boy scandal

A palate cleanser, if you will

i mean the part with vince being a bad businessman is at the end of the day

he isn't.

he won. he merged with the ufc. he's getting a poo poo ton of money and his promotion will survive.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK fucked around with this message at 16:37 on May 12, 2023

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Personally bringing money to cops to close to the Jimmy Snuka case is probably the worst thing he has done

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

fatherboxx posted:

Personally bringing money to cops to close to the Jimmy Snuka case is probably the worst thing he has done

I dont know if I would say that because I dont even want to attempt to make a value judgment over him getting Owen Hart killed in a poorly thought of and executed stunt is worse than him paying off the cops to get Jimmy Snuka off the hook from beating his girlfriend Nancy Argentino to death

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.
I'm honestly thinking we might get a four parter out of this

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK posted:

he isn't.

he won. he merged with the ufc. he's getting a poo poo ton of money and his promotion will survive.

The only reason the wwf won is because all the other wrestling conpanies were run that much worse, not because vince was and always was a genius

He made some very smart moves in the 80s, but i will stand by my belief that he made roughly zero good business moves from about 1999 onward, concidentally when he started to take a lot of chairshots to his head

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

neongrey posted:

I'm honestly thinking we might get a four parter out of this

It's supposed to be around seven hours, it's at least a four parter. Hell, I wouldn't be shocked if it's treated as a miniseries like Behind the Police

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
The episode will have the details of Vince committing and covering up some of the worst crimes a person can commit and be interspersed with him screaming, "He's gonna puke!"

EDIT:

For this unfamiliar.

CW: A man makes himself puke.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWn1odAk3IA

RocknRollaAyatollah fucked around with this message at 19:24 on May 12, 2023

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Shinji2015 posted:

It's supposed to be around seven hours, it's at least a four parter. Hell, I wouldn't be shocked if it's treated as a miniseries like Behind the Police

Imagine being a poo poo enough person for a four part podcast episode.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://soundcloud.com/1900hotdog/dogg-zzone-9000-episode-120-world-bodybuilding-federation-1-with-dan-mcquade

Seanbaby’s episode about one of his bad business decisions if you want an early Vince preview

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gervasius
Nov 2, 2010

Grimey Drawer

teen witch posted:

Imagine being a poo poo enough person for a four part podcast episode.

Mengele, Kissinger, Ceausescu and Vince. Esteemed company.

As a non-american who does not know anything about wrestling except for that Vince meme and John Cena starting his career in wrestling, I am so ready.