Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: MokBa)

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

lol this fuckin’ game

Gonna own to still be finding new things in TotK six years from now, if not longer - TotK has taken longer to develop than BotW did even with them already having a map and game engine to start with, I have to imagine it’ll be even more crammed with little details like that

The Maroon Hawk fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Apr 28, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Postnemonic
Apr 27, 2023

I want to get online...
I need to post!

The Maroon Hawk posted:

Even better, it wasn’t a shrine they unlocked but a dungeon, and they said that while they weren’t allowed to go inside they did get a glimpse of the interior and claimed it was like nothing we’d seen yet in BotW or any of the TotK trailers

Ohh baby

Johnny Postnemonic
Apr 27, 2023

I want to get online...
I need to post!

The Maroon Hawk posted:

lol this fuckin’ game

Gonna own to still be finding new things in TotK six years from now, if not longer - TotK has taken longer to develop than BotW did even with them already having a map and game engine to start with, I have to imagine it’ll be even more crammed with little details like that

you know about this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qnR4E0td-I

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

I noticed the puddles but I guess I’d never connected them to recent storms, as much sense as that makes in retrospect

Game continues to earn its GOAT status

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
I downed my first Lynel yesterday. A blue one, west of Mount Lanayru. Cost me half my bomb arrows and a cool scimitar but looks like the weaponry I got from it is worth it, as long as it has descent durability.

I celebrated by arial bombing the nearby Hinox to death. Sorry dude, I'll beat you legitimately later.

I know AoC has serious framerate issues... is it bad enough to run the experience altogether? I still have a pass left and already have Hyrule Warriors.

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

I didn’t think the frame rate issues were a dealbreaker, plenty of spots where it’s noticeable but it really only gets bad bad (like, single digits) during a handful of fights where there’s just a shitload of stuff going on, and even that wasn’t game-breaking enough that my roommate and I weren’t able to power through it. Also I played the vast majority of the game on split screen with my roommate so it’s possible that affected it somehow.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Play on your own and turn off HP bars over every enemy and it's super tolerable.

Albatrossy_Rodent
Oct 6, 2021

Obliteratin' everything,
incineratin' and renegade 'em
I'm here to make anybody who
want it with the pen afraid
But don't nobody want it but
they're gonna get it anyway!

Tayter Swift posted:

I downed my first Lynel yesterday. A blue one, west of Mount Lanayru. Cost me half my bomb arrows and a cool scimitar but looks like the weaponry I got from it is worth it, as long as it has descent durability.

I celebrated by arial bombing the nearby Hinox to death. Sorry dude, I'll beat you legitimately later.

I know AoC has serious framerate issues... is it bad enough to run the experience altogether? I still have a pass left and already have Hyrule Warriors.

The durability is decent but I regret to inform you that you will continue to horde it until your next lynel fight.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I hope they still have that cool bird noise that sounds like a techno beep but it's bird

superjew
Sep 5, 2007

No fair! You changed the outcome by measuring it!
I still really hope there's a way to equip sets easier than selecting each individual piece.

Very much expecting Beedle to end up in the sky somehow. I hope that sky ship in the ice storm turns out to be him in there pedaling.

I really hope there's so much they haven't shown yet. The heavily gated demos are sustaining me.

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

It really feels like what we’ve been shown will be just the tiniest tip of the iceberg, they’ve barely shown anything that wasn’t on the starter sky island or on the great plain on the surface

Zoig
Oct 31, 2010

Im so ready to tape a bomb barrel to a stick like im demoman tf2.

More seriously im real happy with all the previews we have seen, it looks so extremely varied and combat encouraging improv with a big box of tools is great since thats the most fun thing for me when exploring in botw.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Im excited to try things out and die in incredibly stupid manners

Albatrossy_Rodent
Oct 6, 2021

Obliteratin' everything,
incineratin' and renegade 'em
I'm here to make anybody who
want it with the pen afraid
But don't nobody want it but
they're gonna get it anyway!

I have yet to see someone shoot a gem arrow from a distance where they didn't immediately die

Mylan
Jun 19, 2002

I hope the Gleeok from the trailer is a sign that more classic Zelda monsters will be making an appearance. That thing in the stormcloud might be a new version of Ghoma? Maybe throw in some of the oddball stuff from Zelda 2. Those blue Darknut bosses on the hovering horses could work with the Zonai mechanical theme theyve got going on.

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

I would be thrilled to bits if Darknuts made a comeback, especially if their Flurry Rush is somehow modified to line up with WW’s Parry (necessary to remove their armor)

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Meanwhile I am still learning things in BotW like don't try bomb arrows on death mountain

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Mulaney Power Move posted:

Meanwhile I am still learning things in BotW like don't try bomb arrows on death mountain

Lol, that's one of my favorite environment interactions. Fun times every playthrough when I've forgotten it and break out my stack of bomb arrows to fight that lava talus :byoscience:

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

Captain Hygiene posted:

Fun times every playthrough when I've forgotten it and break out my stack of bomb arrows to fight that lava talus :byoscience:

I laughed so hard the first time my son tried that. I forgot it would even happen.

Fish Appreciator
Nov 25, 2021
Something that I'm starting to heavily suspect re:dungeons. Spoilered in case I am right:
There is no giant network of underground caverns that are freely explorable like the sky islands. The underground areas ARE the dungeons and the dungeons are all underground. Similar to the original LoZ, except in this case, they may range in size from moody OoT treasure holes to full fledged dungeons, possibly on a scale we've never seen.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Fish Appreciator posted:

Something that I'm starting to heavily suspect re:dungeons. Spoilered in case I am right:
There is no giant network of underground caverns that are freely explorable like the sky islands. The underground areas ARE the dungeons and the dungeons are all underground. Similar to the original LoZ, except in this case, they may range in size from moody OoT treasure holes to full fledged dungeons, possibly on a scale we've never seen.

I wouldn't mind that on the whole, it would lose the chance for another sky dungeon though, which I would miss.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Captain Hygiene posted:

I wouldn't mind that on the whole, it would lose the chance for another sky dungeon though, which I would miss.

I mean

Why?

Just because you'd have underground be dungeons does not mean you could not have a dungeon elsewhere.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
I know spin-off games tend to put undue focus on the OC’s, but age of calamity’s love affair with Terrako got extremely silly

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Supremezero posted:

I mean

Why?

Just because you'd have underground be dungeons does not mean you could not have a dungeon elsewhere.

I was just going with their theory of it being exclusively that way, I would enjoy having something outside that area too.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
This TotK OLED Switch is real pretty

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

guys it's only two weeks away

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I've got a Star Wars game and Horizon Forbidden West DLC to get through, let's hold it off a bit longer

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

AAAHHHH! Two weeks!

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Mahoning posted:

This TotK OLED Switch is real pretty

I just picked mine up as well. It's nice. The screen also looks significantly nicer than the screen on my old Switch.

Johnny Postnemonic
Apr 27, 2023

I want to get online...
I need to post!

Fish Appreciator posted:

One of the previews mentioned that they unlocked a dungeon in the sky so id say them all being the undeeground isnt right. Plus artbook...

Also, if anyone is curious one of the japanese previewers mentioned the name of the big tower building in the sky (when they shouldnt have, apparantly), the one where link is falling down from where that coffin is, what might be the starting area and he dropped the name of the place and :eyepop: its a huge spoiler potentionally fuckin temple of time baby

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Fish Appreciator posted:

I partially agree with this, though I do think there will be some non-dungeon cave content, just because one of the cave areas that showed up in the (IIRC) second trailer didn't really look like a dungeon (but the ones from the third trailer do, and are probably part of whatever the fire-themed dungeon is).

But I doubt that there's a giant network of them. There are probably a number of caves just to take advantage of the Ascend ability (you could have puzzles related to stuff like finding the part of a cave that will let you access some difficult-to-reach area on the surface, etc), but I doubt it's a big network comparable to the sky island one.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

apparently a copy of the collectors addition just leaked. So I'm now jumping off for two weeks. See you all on the flip side.

confirming that...

https://twitter.com/NintendoBlackC/status/1652074836825448449?s=20

LionArcher fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Apr 28, 2023

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Mylan posted:

I hope the Gleeok from the trailer is a sign that more classic Zelda monsters will be making an appearance. That thing in the stormcloud might be a new version of Ghoma? Maybe throw in some of the oddball stuff from Zelda 2. Those blue Darknut bosses on the hovering horses could work with the Zonai mechanical theme theyve got going on.

I want to see some Digdogger action but I don't know how to update it to not be a chump when you know its weakness.

Captain Hygiene posted:

I've got a Star Wars game and Horizon Forbidden West DLC to get through, let's hold it off a bit longer

On the other hand, let's not.

Johnny Postnemonic
Apr 27, 2023

I want to get online...
I need to post!

LionArcher posted:

apparently a copy of the collectors addition just leaked. So I'm now jumping off for two weeks. See you all on the flip side.

confirming that...

lmao i cant last two weeks. im going in

edit: lmao the box has been posted just that, the guy who has it is asking for 1k cash to leak it lol

Johnny Postnemonic fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Apr 29, 2023

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Captain Hygiene posted:

There’s no fuckin way they focus so heavily on the skies in the trailers, to the almost complete exclusion of underground areas, and don’t have multiple dungeons in the sky

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

Johnny Postnemonic posted:

lmao i cant last two weeks. im going in

edit: lmao the box has been posted just that, the guy who has it is asking for 1k cash to leak it lol

my uncle at nintendo says that a swat team has already been dispatched to the leaker's location

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Gannon is real that dude is ghosted

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

LionArcher posted:

confirming that...

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Tears of the King's Dong :gizz:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Maybe that's how the real game is, Nintendo trying something new