Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Coasterphreak posted:

Dammit I keep seeing Wick 4 spoilers and I haven’t had a chance to go see it yet

Join us friend https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4028275

(when you see it, which you should at your earliest convenience)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.

SquirrelyPSU posted:

Join us friend https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4028275

(when you see it, which you should at your earliest convenience)

Planning to go Tuesday evening, gonna need some entertainment after doing adult poo poo all day that makes my bank account smaller instead of larger.

Saul Kain
Dec 5, 2018

Lately it occurs to me,

what a long, strange trip it's been.

My 2 y/o daughter is having surgery today to put tubes in her ears. Hoping this helps with the constant ear infections. They are giving her gen anesthesia and I am nervous.

bengy81
May 8, 2010

Saul Kain posted:

My 2 y/o daughter is having surgery today to put tubes in her ears. Hoping this helps with the constant ear infections. They are giving her gen anesthesia and I am nervous.

My oldest (14 now) had the same thing done too, it should go well, and she will be much happier when they are in. Good luck though!

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
Definitely. Good luck and speedy recovery.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
I had three sets of ear tubes as a kid, they helped very temporarily.

Eventually we figured out that it was food dyes that were the issue, some minor allergy.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Saul Kain posted:

super common and easy for them to do, you'll be good duder.

My kid had to get surgery to repair a weak eye muscle and yeah that was scary too, i get it.

Saul Kain
Dec 5, 2018

Lately it occurs to me,

She did great and is already running around like nothing happened. Hope these help her feel better.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Glad to hear it dude, they did wonders for my sister 30 years ago. Can only imagine they've gotten leaps and bounds better at helping out.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Passed my Social Work Clinical Exam today :toot:

So now I have a full, independent license

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Hey that’s great! What’s the typical job title of your line of work?

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Crab Dad posted:

Hey that’s great! What’s the typical job title of your line of work?

Therapist or Clinical Social Worker

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah
congraduations

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Congrats, my dude! :toot:

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.
gently caress yeah. Good job!

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
A field that needs every decent person it can get, nice job!

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Super-congrats friend!

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Handsome Ralph posted:

Congrats, my dude! :toot:

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Yo, the Mandalorian always seemed to me like a pretty decent show in the above-trash-tier of Disney's star wars IP content. Overall fun self-contained episodes in the cinematic universe, couple of swings-and-misses here and there, but still a decent watch.

That said, i just finished season 3 over the last couple of days, and what in the everloving gently caress were they thinking/smoking? :laffo:

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Yo, the Mandalorian always seemed to me like a pretty decent show in the above-trash-tier of Disney's star wars IP content. Overall fun self-contained episodes in the cinematic universe, couple of swings-and-misses here and there, but still a decent watch.

That said, i just finished season 3 over the last couple of days, and what in the everloving gently caress were they thinking/smoking? :laffo:

Didn't watch the ep from yesterday, but it's been a bunch of ham-handed poo poo that goes completely counter to the entire style of the show they created S1-2.

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

S3 Mando spent the whole season on the road to the fireworks factory and when they got there, it was closed for maintenance.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

I haven't watched any of this season yet, but from everything I heard and read before the season started, it sounded like they got high on their own supply of farts. Which, shame.

Still have high hopes for Andor though.

Saul Kain
Dec 5, 2018

Lately it occurs to me,

I honestly really enjoy this season. It's like watching live action clone wars.

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Saul Kain posted:

I honestly really enjoy this season. It's like watching live action clone wars.

You're absolutely right. It's less S1/S2 Mando, and more Clone Wars (or even Rebels) in plotting and story.

Saul Kain
Dec 5, 2018

Lately it occurs to me,

I just finished Bad Batch as well, good show. Andor is one of the best shows I've ever watched, period. The whole prison sequence is amazing.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?

Brute Squad posted:

You're absolutely right. It's less S1/S2 Mando, and more Clone Wars (or even Rebels) in plotting and story.

The whole "hijack the popular show for nonstop backdoor pilot pitches" bullshit is intensely irritating. I'd love a show that goes more dived in on that direction, but can we actually have the space western back?

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Diarrhea Elemental posted:

The whole "hijack the popular show for nonstop backdoor pilot pitches" bullshit is intensely irritating. I'd love a show that goes more dived in on that direction, but can we actually have the space western back?

Huh? Only one I can think of is that coruscant episode. Tbf that operation paperclip reintegration episode fits in better with a 26 episode season than an 8, but I wouldn't consider it a backdoor pilot in any sense of the word.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

Brute Squad posted:

Huh? Only one I can think of is that coruscant episode. Tbf that operation paperclip reintegration episode fits in better with a 26 episode season than an 8, but I wouldn't consider it a backdoor pilot in any sense of the word.

There are two shows that have come from the Mandalorian already with grumblings of a third.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

I found it, the worst beer.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

...why?

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3j9muCo4o0

(For the record I don't have the beer actually but I'm just imagining a beer made by Natick Food Labs and good lord it would be awful.)

orange juche fucked around with this message at 14:41 on Apr 21, 2023

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

McNally posted:

There are two shows that have come from the Mandalorian already with grumblings of a third.

yeah, but none relate to this season afaik. that's my point.

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Every step, a fucking adventure.

Handsome Ralph posted:

I haven't watched any of this season yet, but from everything I heard and read before the season started, it sounded like they got high on their own supply of farts. Which, shame.

Still have high hopes for Andor though.

I'm quite happy with the Star Wars universe being Rogue 1 and Andor.

I got my 3 yr old watching Mandalorian and it's loving awesome even if she jumps up to be held when baby Yoda has something scary happen.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Mandalorian is the Mass Effect 2 of star wars and I mean that as the highest possible praise

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.
If I, an idiot from Florida, were to visit SE Alaska in May going no further north then Skagway what kind of footwear would you recommend?

I have typical sneakers but my footwear tends to be focused on light weight and warm weather. Not sure if there is much different in Alaska but my wife assures me that I need new boots because I was in the German / Austrian Alps for a week during the winter and mentioned my feet were cold because my socks were poo poo and obviously this compares to Alaska in the spring on a cruise.

Mind you I have no real frame of reference, I’m assuming it’ll be wet with maybe some mud but nothing too crazy. I’ll visit a glacier and do some bike riding. I’m mainly focused on grip, as warmth will be from my socks and insoles.

How dumb am I? very

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

I’d wear some Merrell Moabs or something but I live in the upper Midwest and our climate is much closer to Alaska than Floridas is.

Get some wool socks to keep your feet warmer and you should be fine?

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
Ankle supporting hiking shoes/boots are never a bad call if you plan on doing excursions on uneven ground. I favor Merrell shoes for every day wear.

edit: a word about whether to purchase waterproof footwear: if you'll be in a situation where your feet getting wet is a rapid threat to life or mobility, or if you're going to be in a situation where if your feet get wet you will not have an opportunity to dry out your shoes and/or feet for days, get waterproof. If you're going to be someplace warm and breathing is more important and you can dry your shoes/feet out in a reasonable amount of time, do not get waterproof shoes.

A.o.D. fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Apr 29, 2023

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

I did buy a pair of Red Wing King Toe 6" ADC's over the winter because I started inspecting bridges again and needed to replace my Navy boots, which I had worn down to the point where they had 0 tread (got 12 years out of them, so stick tap to Bates for once I guess).

To AoD's point, I wouldn't go waterproof unless you really need to. Merrell does seem to be the community consensus when it comes to trail stuff.

Nystral posted:

How dumb am I? very

I had friends decide it was a good idea to go run around Denali for a week. Unless you are allergic to the outdoors, this is way down on the dumb scale and sounds like a good time if you've got the means and methods.

e: Alaska/Denali/Katmai are definitely on my to-do list.

SquirrelyPSU fucked around with this message at 12:52 on Apr 29, 2023

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

A.o.D. posted:

Ankle supporting hiking shoes/boots are never a bad call if you plan on doing excursions on uneven ground. I favor Merrell shoes for every day wear.

edit: a word about whether to purchase waterproof footwear: if you'll be in a situation where your feet getting wet is a rapid threat to life or mobility, or if you're going to be in a situation where if your feet get wet you will not have an opportunity to dry out your shoes and/or feet for days, get waterproof. If you're going to be someplace warm and breathing is more important and you can dry your shoes/feet out in a reasonable amount of time, do not get waterproof shoes.

I pack waterproof socks in my day pack because if I get my footwear wet, I can take my regular socks off to dry, and keep my feet protected from my wet shoes/boots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booger Presley
Aug 6, 2008

Pillbug
I bought two pairs of Lowas when I got deployed. Best investments at that time. The winters kept my feet dry, warm, and were amazing during the -20F dismounts.

The summers were really good as well. Rocky FOBs, miles of humps and comfortable feet. I still have both pairs and added a lowtop Lowa for hiking about the desert, quality shoes.