Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

hail cores for everybody

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Space Jam posted:

hail cores for everybody

Hail yeah!!!

Hexigrammus
May 22, 2006

Cheech Wizard stories are clean, wholesome, reflective truths that go great with the marijuana munchies and a blow job.

my cat is norris posted:

tundra swans have a higher pitch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQXjAlO9pug

idk where you live though so i can only guess!

Vancouver Island. They must have been Tundra/Whistling Swans - They pass through here and I've seen them on fields but I guess I've never been under a migrating flock before.

Milo and POTUS posted:

Do you ever think they get up there, find it not to their liking and be like "poo poo, let's go back down south"

I'm wondering if that's what happened to the Anna's hummingbirds. Better than bird flu getting them, and drat its cold and damp here. Feels like Prince Rupert (500 kms north) in early April. Our grass has barely started to grow. It's a longstanding tradition to piss off your relatives back east by sending them pictures of cutting the grass in February. :(

Space Jam posted:

hail cores for everybody

Yep, got those too, in between the high winds, freezing rain, and full sunny periods.

Fortunately aphids ate the seedlings I started inside so there's nothing in the garden yet to turn purple and get flattened.

Anfauglir
Jun 8, 2007
https://twitter.com/NWSNorman/status/1648882167077011456?s=20

...ok what the gently caress is this storms are not supposed to do this

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

tornado had a bit too much to drink

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Everyone knows the Fujiwara.

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

I post fox news so u don't have to 💋

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Anfauglir posted:

don't listen to this doomer. you should record the tornado on your phone, live streams ideally

TehSaurus
Jun 12, 2006

Stereotype posted:

don't listen to this doomer. you should record the tornado on your phone, live streams ideally

edit: wait if you’re recording on your phone before the tornado sucks you up into the sky is that recording to the cloud??

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

SirPablo posted:

Everyone knows the Fujiwara.

Multirotational tornadoriftu

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005
Avatar blanked by Admin request.

Anfauglir posted:

the storms are dancing together

:3:

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

Do not strongly interpret the storm

Unless
Jul 24, 2005

I art

it’s spelled “Fujiwhara”

Hexigrammus
May 22, 2006

Cheech Wizard stories are clean, wholesome, reflective truths that go great with the marijuana munchies and a blow job.
I did not know this existed. Seems to be more of a hurricane/cyclone thing?

https://www.worldatlas.com/articles/what-is-the-fujiwara-effect.html posted:

Some Hurricanes/Cyclones That Exhibited The Fujiwhara Effect In The Past
Hurricane Iris, Humberto, and Tropical Storm Karen, North Atlantic:

In 1995, Hurricane Iris and Hurricane Humberto interacted with each other and then the former also interacted with the Tropical Storm Karen and absorbed the same. When Hurricane Iris was approaching the Windward Islands on August 23, 1995, Hurricane Humberto trailed close behind it. Soon, both were close enough for the Fujiwara interaction to take place. As Humberto started chasing Iris, it lifted north over Iris, and the latter slowed down a bit and got diverted to the left. Thus, the Fujiwhara interaction weakened both the hurricanes and both moved apart from each other. As Hurricane Iris moved east of Bermuda, the Tropical Storm Karen started chasing Iris. Again, the Fujiwhara effect was exhibited by the new interaction between Hurricane Iris and Tropical Storm Karen. The former had wind speeds of 110 mph while the latter was much weaker with wind speeds of about 45 mph. Thus, this resulted in Hurricane Karen being absorbed into Hurricane Iris.
Typhoon Pat and Tropical Storm Ruth, Northwest Pacific:

On September 1994, both the storms participated in the Fujiwhara interaction, completing a full orbit around their central point and finally collapsing to form a single cyclone.
Severe Tropical Storm Lionrock and Tropical Storm Namtheun, Northwest Pacific:

The Fujiwhara interaction between the two tropical storms diverted the Severe Tropical Storm Lionrock in an eastward direction while the Tropical Storm Namtheun was diverted southwestward.
Tropical Cyclone Fame and Tropical Cyclone Gula, Southwest Indian Ocean:

In 2008, the two storms exhibited the Fujiwhara effect and the stronger of the two, Cyclone Gula absorbed Cyclone Fame.

However it's spelled the translation seems to be "run away and hide".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYgF9vAX5ZM

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

So the weather has been awfully nice lately hasn't it?

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

barf barf i am a dog, barf on your carpet, barf

NeonPunk posted:

So the weather has been awfully nice lately hasn't it?

A bit chilly here in Sweden. Looking forward to some nice 69f days hopefully near the end of may

Unless
Jul 24, 2005

I art

it snowed in taos today

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

Oh hmm

Maybe we'll have some real weather later on

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

https://spectrumlocalnews.com/tx/south-texas-el-paso/weather/2023/04/13/austin-s-invisible-rain-dome

Austin's weather dome is bullshit! I want to get wet n wild

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005
Avatar blanked by Admin request.
the yearly mississippi flooding is happening https://www.msn.com/en-us/weather/topstories/flood-threat-continues-from-swelling-mississippi-river/ar-AA1atNT4

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

move in next to misses pee pee and that's what you get

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
Probably going to hit 90 in great Portland today. Skipping spring again.

Also oceanographers discovered a very fast-moving jet of water off the Oregon coast, but it's not an indicator that The Big One is imminent (just going to keep assuming The Big One is imminent):

https://www.washington.edu/news/202...hquake-hazards/

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

it should just stay below 80 degrees 100% of the time IMO

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

IT'S RAINING

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

Spergin Morlock posted:

it should just stay below 80 degrees 100% of the time IMO

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Otacon posted:

IT'S RAINING

Nope, clear blue sky.

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

Failson posted:

Probably going to hit 90 in great Portland today. Skipping spring again.
I'm so pissed. It's been like 50 degrees and raining all Spring and it did jump to 90 today.

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

strange feelings re Daisy posted:

I'm so pissed. It's been like 50 degrees and raining all Spring and it did jump to 90 today.

Supposed to drop back to 60 on Sunday too

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

my fam reunion picnic is a rain out. now i gotta have 20 people in my tiny apartment for 5 hours.
it'll work out.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Real hurthling! posted:

my fam reunion picnic is a rain out. now i gotta have 20 people in my tiny apartment for 5 hours.
it'll work out.

Oops all covid!

These April showers are fine but we had enough water all winter ty NY

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

whats covid? sounds fake
this thread is for real rear end poo poo like when god blows your house up with wind

corona familiar
Aug 13, 2021

Real hurthling! posted:

whats covid? sounds fake
this thread is for real rear end poo poo like when god blows your house up with wind

COVID is when god blows up your lungs, brain, blood vessels, and other important things with tiny self-replicating biological nanomachines carried by wind

close enough :shrug:

Unless
Jul 24, 2005

I art

i guess Valley Fever is a good weather-disease crossover

quote:

The spores, known as arthroconidia, are swept into the air by disruption of the soil, such as during construction, farming, low-wind or singular dust events, or an earthquake.[7][8] Windstorms may also cause epidemics far from endemic areas. In December 1977, a windstorm in an endemic area around Arvin, California led to several hundred cases, including deaths, in non-endemic areas hundreds of miles away.[9]

Coccidioidomycosis is a common cause of community-acquired pneumonia in the endemic areas of the United States.[3] Infections usually occur due to inhalation of the arthroconidial spores after soil disruption.[3] The disease is not contagious.[3] In some cases the infection may recur or become chronic.

It was reported in 2022 that valley fever had been increasing in California's Central Valley for years (1,000 cases in Kern county in 2014, 3,000 in 2021); experts said that cases could rise across the American west as the climate makes the landscape drier and hotter.[10]

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

I have a friend who got super sick with it, it developed into fungal meningitis and he was in the hospital for around 4 months

Unless
Jul 24, 2005

I art

The Glumslinger posted:

I have a friend who got super sick with it, it developed into fungal meningitis and he was in the hospital for around 4 months

one of the sadder threats for the arizona rennies

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

So This Is Us is real with spooky spores

corona familiar
Aug 13, 2021

well it's good that people are becoming more and more susceptible to fungal infections now :cool:

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

wearing a mask to do the gardening from now on

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

i am harry posted:

wearing a mask to do the gardening from now on

Don’t want rose gardener’s lung.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theflyingexecutive