Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

quote:

“The most important thing in Vampire Survivors is the story, so it’s a dream come true to see what started as a little indie game I made on my weekends come to life as an animated TV show!,” says poncle founder Galante. “It’s also great to be partnering up with such experienced and talented people to make the show. I do wonder if they’ve realized that there isn’t a single vampire in Vampire Survivors, though.”

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

It really deserves to be paired with the next quote from the production company "we were prepared to dismiss it as just another vampire game."

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Yes, you can pet the Bogling.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Oh my god, everything about this article.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

GhostDog posted:

"A percentage of players has issues because of their suboptimal PC builds."

I noticed that. there's no reason to use windows 11 yet

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Steam thread killing it with the book recs.

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...

No Wave posted:

Revita! I like all of the games you mentioned and Revita is the one that fits in with them best. It's a game I felt finished with at 50 hours whereas I was finished with the games you mentioned in about 110 hours each (more in isaac's case ofc) so just a warning that it's not quite as robust as the others.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1175460/Revita/

And of course, slay the spire, but you know that one I'm sure.

Nice. I forgot I got it in the Humble monthly. Thanks all

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

not helpful!

I bought 2 on release and was very bummed at how similar the two games were. Like I'm pretty sure you convince someone one is two and vice versa if not for like one throwaway game mode especially if you don't really care to play online

scourgeofthe7bees
Jun 21, 2008

Sorry if this has been covered... anyone playing Wildfrost and/or is there a thread for it? I am really enjoying it but i suck, so looking for smart goon guidance...

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

scourgeofthe7bees posted:

Sorry if this has been covered... anyone playing Wildfrost and/or is there a thread for it? I am really enjoying it but i suck, so looking for smart goon guidance...
I wasn't able to find a thread for the game with a quick search of the Games thread index.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
The steam beta redesign breaks the taskbar icon's right click menu on multi-monitor setups:

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer
I was enjoying Crying Suns, until it randomly decided my savegame was corrupted and deleted ~5 hours of progress.
I was enjoying a second, faster playthrough, until it decided the second save was also corrupted and deleted ~1.5 hours of progress.
The game doesn't seem to be able to pull an earlier save from Steam, either.

Anyone else had this issue? Is there any way to cheat my way back to where I was?

scourgeofthe7bees
Jun 21, 2008

Commander Keene posted:

I wasn't able to find a thread for the game with a quick search of the Games thread index.

Oh poo poo an index! I am very blind and also thank you

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

The steam beta redesign breaks the taskbar icon's right click menu on multi-monitor setups:

I wonder how common "multi-monitor + taskbar on left + primary monitor on right" is as a setup?

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Actually the one on my left is the primary monitor.
It's pretty convenient that way! Putting the taskbar on your secondary monitor means you can have fullscreen games or videos on the main one without having to alt-tab or un-fullscreen them to get at it. And putting it on the side like that means it's as close as possible to the primary monitor without actually being on it, so you never have to look or move your mouse too far to get at it.

You should try it sometime.

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Actually the one on my left is the primary monitor.
It's pretty convenient that way! Putting the taskbar on your secondary monitor means you can have fullscreen games or videos on the main one without having to alt-tab or un-fullscreen them to get at it. And putting it on the side like that means it's as close as possible to the primary monitor without actually being on it, so you never have to look or move your mouse too far to get at it.

You should try it sometime.

If I get a couple of stakes & cables to plug a second potato to the right of my current one, does that count?

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
What you really want are copper nails. Don't want a spotty connection to your spud.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Finally beat the first murder in Shadows of Doubt that I had real trouble with. I'm not sure if the relative lack of evidence was due to a bug, or just early access jank, or because this murder happened outside or what, but I almost gave up on this one a few times. All I really had was one fingerprint and the approximate time of death. But we got there eventually.

What a fun game!

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

That Vampire Survivors article is ridiculous but a 90's saturday morning cartoon based on it would probably be a good time.

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh

Commander Keene posted:

I wonder how common "multi-monitor + taskbar on left + primary monitor on right" is as a setup?
Windows 11 doesn't even support putting the taskbar on the sides or top anymore so it's definitely not going to be very common in the future

StarkRavingMad posted:

Finally beat the first murder in Shadows of Doubt that I had real trouble with. I'm not sure if the relative lack of evidence was due to a bug, or just early access jank, or because this murder happened outside or what, but I almost gave up on this one a few times. All I really had was one fingerprint and the approximate time of death. But we got there eventually.

What a fun game!
I had this issue with one until I revisited the crime scene and noticed a crumpled up note a few feet away that I had missed that said "Let's Play" and then the scrambled name of the killer. It was a lot easier after that :doh:

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Is there any way to get New Steam to open in the background (minimized) at launch like Old Steam used to? Not seeing an option for it.

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

Fruits of the sea posted:

That Vampire Survivors article is ridiculous but a 90's saturday morning cartoon based on it would probably be a good time.

I'm hoping VS goes full circle and makes a definitely-not-Castlevaina game.

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

Diephoon posted:

I'm hoping VS goes full circle and makes a definitely-not-Castlevaina game.
:hmmyes:

With Super Mario sprites.

Exodee
Mar 30, 2011

Damp and depressing.
It must be a goon in its
natural habitat!

scourgeofthe7bees posted:

You could try asking the Roguelike thread, a couple of us have been playing it lately. Though personally after getting the true ending I've shelved it since it doesn't have all that much variety as a deckbuilder unfortunately.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Fruits of the sea posted:

I hope we get the most serious melodramagic videogame adaptation ever. Just a bunch of vampire survivors discussing the nature of the soul and how to do spring cleaning.

Orv
May 4, 2011
The VS show will be the inverse Dragonball Z where instead of charging up for ten episodes every season every combat scene will take ten episodes because they happen at five frames a second.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Who’s your kof lineup ?

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
...And your favourite sinner in Limbus Company? :v:

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

and your peakiest blinder

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Honkai Star Rail might set a Guinness world record for Most Trashcans With Unique Dialog

Orv
May 4, 2011

The 7th Guest posted:

Honkai Star Rail might set a Guinness world record for Most Trashcans With Unique Dialog

Impossible, Twitch exists.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Orv posted:

they specified unique

Left 4 Bread
Oct 4, 2021

i sleep

Orv posted:

Hwurmp posted:

they specified unique

This thread is in unique post only mode and the post you tried to make was not sent.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Infinite garbage cans with infinite trash fires, something something.

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯

Orv posted:

Impossible, Something Awful exists.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
This looks like it was a lot of work.
https://twitter.com/EvaBalikova/status/1652196955315924994?cxt=HHwWhMCzyZGY5O0tAAAA

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

Tenochtitlan, looking east.

It seems the additional game might be Dread Delusion, which makes me a lot more interested in this bundle. Although it looks pretty decent even without it I suppose.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Mordja posted:

This looks like it was a lot of work.

Scarlet Deer Inn. It's hard to tell from the trailer just how much of a difference the embroidering makes, but I'm intrigued enough to wishlist it.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

ultrafilter posted:

Scarlet Deer Inn. It's hard to tell from the trailer just how much of a difference the embroidering makes, but I'm intrigued enough to wishlist it.

I think there's some imperfections in the scans that come through, and the same animation "frame" is embroidered and scanned multiple times to enhance the effect. I can't think of another game where it's been done this way.

You're right that it doesn't make that much of a difference visually and could've been done by hand in software, but I appreciate the practical nature of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

ErrEff posted:

I think there's some imperfections in the scans that come through, and the same animation "frame" is embroidered and scanned multiple times to enhance the effect. I can't think of another game where it's been done this way.

The idea is incredibly similar to something like The Neverhood, but using a different medium, of course.