Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

TheFonz posted:

loving LOL Nevermind.

I was in the middle of an intersection at night turning left, as the light turned red. Didn't see a young guy in a van trying to beat the light. He told me he sped up to make it, but I honestly didn't see him until I was a foot into his lane, so I failed to make sure it was clear.
Back to searching. Just gotta wait for the check. Thankfully I don't owe anything on it so that should be simple. And very appreciative the kids were asleep at home and not out cruising with me.

Well gently caress. Hope you're alright.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elite Taco
Feb 3, 2010

TheFonz posted:

loving LOL Nevermind.

I was in the middle of an intersection at night turning left, as the light turned red. Didn't see a young guy in a van trying to beat the light. He told me he sped up to make it, but I honestly didn't see him until I was a foot into his lane, so I failed to make sure it was clear.
Back to searching. Just gotta wait for the check. Thankfully I don't owe anything on it so that should be simple. And very appreciative the kids were asleep at home and not out cruising with me.

Holy poo poo! I'm sorry to hear this. Echoing the kiddos thing - SHEESH. My head is on a swivel when the kids are in either car these days.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
drat that was a brutal page.

Alarbus
Mar 31, 2010
That is a hell of a swing from peak to pit. And yeah, it's super scary thinking about the kids being in the car.

Hell, I drove the 335 back from VAC and not seeing their seats in the back was weirding me out.

MrOnBicycle
Jan 18, 2008
Wait wat?
Man TheFonz that sucks so bad. At least the kids weren't in the car! I hope you can replace it with something as good.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
You really jumped the shark on that one!!

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3

THE BIG DOG DADDY posted:

You really jumped the shark on that one!!

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

I got some nice miles in today

Elite Taco
Feb 3, 2010
nice

glyph
Apr 6, 2006

TheBacon posted:

This is absolutely only if you live in a privileged region thing

Well, put me to the top of that list, I have maybe 4 gas stations within a few miles of my house [in the "country"], none of them have anything with a higher octane rating than the ethanol free 90. There IS a lake nearby though, so the boat thing probably anchors (!) this. I have to drive in to the nearby small city to get 93.

This site can be useful if you're looking for E0:

https://www.pure-gas.org/

TheFonz posted:

loving LOL Nevermind.

That's scary as hell. I'm glad you're ok.

Alarbus
Mar 31, 2010
VAC Monoball thrust arms are amazing. Steering is so much better. I've really been enjoying it for running errands without the kids. No mirror or carseat in it is pretty weird though. Not sure if I mentioned before, but they're super used to bmw_things.txt and checked the usual suspects. My charge pipe was being held on by hopes and dreams, luckily I had an Evolution Raceworks one in the trunk for five years that I just paid them to install. Just :homebrew: :homebrew: :homebrew:

The downside is not only do I want to put the M Sport brakes on the 440 (which I got a great deal on), but now I kind of want to put the thrust arms on the 440 and that's a bit much. I did get the email that the check is en route for the BMW CCA rebate for buying another CPO, and that's basically turning into more brake parts.

I did keep trying to find a clutch pedal in the 440, so that was awkward.

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Is there a way to set the minimum cruise control engagement speed to something below 20mph

Seems like Honda Ford Toyota do not have this limitation

Elite Taco
Feb 3, 2010
If you want < 9mph you can use hill descent control lmao

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

There's like four lights on my daily trip I like being able to just mash "resume" from the red light and pretend the car is full self driving and zip up to 40mph. Right now I have to manually accelerate to 20mph like a pauper :negative:

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Are your feet too busy operating the floor mounted turn signals?

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
My "newest" current car is a 2002 E46 M3. Sometimes when I read this thread I feel like a caveman whose getting a glimpse into the future and the problems that convenience technology creates.

I connect my phone audio to my car with an FM transmitter powered by the cigarette lighter still.

Guinness
Sep 15, 2004

Good god man, at least run a 3.5mm aux input it's super cheap and dead simple on the e46 stock head unit

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Despite your depressing lack of 46 missing E's, I still wonder why someone with that car would want to hear terrible music when you could be listening to your car's intake and exhaust instead. Please advise

Elite Taco
Feb 3, 2010
Same. I prolly just listen to the n52 > 50% of the time.

Well, I listen to the power steering pump growling, I guess, but there's some induction noise and an engine sound that happens when it gets over 4k revs.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Elite Taco posted:

Well, I listen to the power steering pump growling

:same:

Been debating just having my mechanic flush all the fluids, doubt it's been done coming up on 130k.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
He actually has 7 Es too many.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

I imagine the E shaming needs to stop. We should instead be focusing on lack of ITBs. If you don't have ITB's does your BMW really even matter?

As actual thread content; my M3 has moved I think three time since October. We have had such a gnarly winter and then the service is due and my registration expired back in February. I thought I would get that done this week but it hasn't.

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
my e39 decided that the abs and traction control dont work (probably dead wheel speed sensor(s) i guess) so now it’s just like an f1 car

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Wheel speed sensors aren't bad to replace. Just do all of them at the same time to save yourself some trouble. I had to do it three times because I was lazy and did 1 then 2 then the fourth.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Guinness posted:

Good god man, at least run a 3.5mm aux input it's super cheap and dead simple on the e46 stock head unit

My phone is too advanced for an aux jack.

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

Popete posted:

So I bought this on the goon rec and it loving owns, no longer thinking very hard about trying to retrofit the head unit for a bt or carplay one

Ether Frenzy posted:

If those have the USB/3.5mm jack in the armrest console like the E9x's do, I've got something like this that works pretty well: https://www.amazon.com/Firefly-Bluetooth-Receiver-Smallest-Streaming/dp/B01HDO66NK

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
That looks like it would work nicely. What I have now is fine, my phone connects via bluetooth and then it transmits over FM.

Guinness
Sep 15, 2004

Popete posted:

put a $20 bluetooth receiver on the aux input

or an even cheaper usb-c/lightning adapter

there are cheap solutions here that are infinitely better than fm transmitters

Elite Taco
Feb 3, 2010
Can confirm - the firefly is the best bluetooth DAC thing.

On the power steering - flushing is good and even easy. The PS pump will still growl though. At some point I'll do a power steering refresh since my car is the car of theseus.

Guinness posted:

put a $20 bluetooth receiver on the aux input

or an even cheaper usb-c/lightning adapter

there are cheap solutions here that are infinitely better than fm transmitters

none of these suggestions come with an s65.

hth

Alarbus
Mar 31, 2010
Finally washed them at the same time. I hosed up though, I washed the black one first, so it was definitely dirty again by the time I finished with the blue one.

I did start thinking if I want the hood and bumper resprayed on the 335, or if I'm really tired of the black I could have it wrapped instead.

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

Man that blue is amazing

MrOnBicycle
Jan 18, 2008
Wait wat?
BMW does the best blues.

VVV: BMWs tend to look great in silver as well, and it hides stone chips much better so it's not all bad.

MrOnBicycle fucked around with this message at 09:59 on May 7, 2023

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Didn’t have much choice but man I wish I could’ve found my 118i in a red or blue and not resale value silver, but alas.

Alarbus
Mar 31, 2010
I had Japanrot, then Barberarot, then that Black Sapphire Metallic, and the GC is Estoril Blue II. When shopping for a daily, first color choice was "Not Black", then probably not white. I would have loved to get a red car again, but price/features/location dictated otherwise. I am super happy with the blue though.

The paint is so bad though. You can feel the microfiber towel drag on it. Going to have to find time to actually clay and polish it. Probably both of them, there's a few surface scuffs on both that need to be cleaned up.

There WAS a GC in New York that was blue exterior and red interior, and the wife said absolutely not. I should have told my son about it, he would have loved it and maybe won her over. Interestingly, the interior on this GC is two tone navy and black leather. It breaks up the monotony a bit, I like it.

SlapActionJackson
Jul 27, 2006

Pro tip: order your cars from the factory, and you won't have to settle for greyscale.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

SlapActionJackson posted:

Pro tip: order your cars from the factory, and you won't have to settle for greyscale.

How the gently caress do I order a CPO car from the factory.

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

Cojawfee posted:

See thread title

kill me now
Sep 14, 2003

Why's Hank crying?

'CUZ HE JUST GOT DUNKED ON!

Cojawfee posted:

Well first you have to lease it for 3 years then you can buy it off lease and have them cpo it at the same time. Easy peasy, just takes a bit longer

Elite Taco
Feb 3, 2010
I would simply have more disposable wealth and get exactly what I wanted every time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006