Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.

Beachcomber posted:

He wasn't more protective of his secret?

I remember the secret being out for years already when that interview happened.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Valko posted:

Likely a free range egg. Not technically free range (which qualifies as 4 square feet where I'm from) but actually allowed to run about.

I've kept chickens and there is a world of difference between eggs from a free range hen and the eggs you get at the supermarket. Such as a darker, almost orange yolk.

They're talking about the wrapper, which is not egg at all but instead rice. The egg on top is also weirdly perfect not because it's free range but because it's been steamed in a ring that holds its shape

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

VictualSquid posted:

I remember there was an interview with a Japanese farmer who produces luxury eggs with famously dark yolks. He does that by mixing paprika into the chicken feed.

I think one of the Chef's Table episodes featured a US farmer who also fed his chickens red peppers because they weren't affected by the capsaicin and it made the yolks deep orange-red

Valko
Sep 18, 2015
I fed my chickens kitchen scraps, like cabbage and brocolli stems and carrot peels. Yeah, carotene might have darkened the yolk.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

Kenning posted:

I would loving wreck this.

Imagining forums poster Kenning running up and turning over the cart and destroying everything for the poor vendor.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015
Best curry in Japan is in an almost abondoned shopping mall filled with adult video stores or massage parlours.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-GK8odGHXM

Not sure what's topping that curry but it looks like rendered fat. The stuff that floats to the top and solidifies when you drain the juices out of a pot roast.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Jestery posted:

If anyone wants to know more about the rice sandwich

https://youtu.be/4CgNIudh_n8

Thank you my immediate response was "I'd like to know more"

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
I wonder if you can get blue eggs by adding blue food coloring to the feed.

Konar
Dec 14, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Valko posted:

I've kept chickens and there is a world of difference between eggs from a free range hen and the eggs you get at the supermarket. Such as a darker, almost orange yolk.

Watched a friends chickens a bunch of times, that world of difference is literally just the color of the yolk and maybe being 10% richer/better

You can buy the slightly more $$$ eggs at the supermarket for the same experience

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

Kyte posted:

I wonder if you can get blue eggs by adding blue food coloring to the feed.

They'd most likely turn out green.

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
I really just want one egg at breakfast. Two is the standard but I'd rather just have slightly more bacon, sausage, whatever.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

That ain't the best curry in Japan, that ain't even the best Japanese curry in Japan

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
Also lol at that fly being cooked into the rice cake or whatever that is. Lol

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Jestery posted:

If anyone wants to know more about the rice sandwich

https://youtu.be/4CgNIudh_n8

Hell yeah this channel rules

Valko
Sep 18, 2015
I hope this works. Imgur has always given me trouble trying to upload mp4.

if not, here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3zLcCOnUzo

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
drat did they really need to butter it up after all that, jeezus

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
I would probably try a lot of the giant Indian sandwiches if they just stopped while it was a sandwich and didn't add a whole layer of sauce and cheese on top of the bun

cynic
Jan 19, 2004

Konar posted:

Watched a friends chickens a bunch of times, that world of difference is literally just the color of the yolk and maybe being 10% richer/better

You can buy the slightly more $$$ eggs at the supermarket for the same experience

I live close to a rare bird rescue place and they sell standard eggs what fit in an egg tray; but if you know them they are like 'hey wanna try flamingo egg?' so that's how I ended up knowing way too much about eggs. I guess it's not surprising that the more common and domesticated birds are actually nicer than the freaky looking ones though, all ducks eggs are rich and good no matter how hosed up the duck looks. Quails are loving awesome delicious egg laying machines - even if you have to get a bit creative shelling a bajillion tiny eggses. Corn-fed chickens can do no loving egg-wrongs. Giant egg layers and flamingos can gently caress off with their lovely eggs you can't even finish when you're hungover because they are just plain creepy and bland. And if some hippies just hand you a basket of random eggs and say 'I dunno where these came from but they are fresh' you should try them because you'll only get salmonella poisoning maybe 1-in-10 times.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
Flamingo eggs of my hammy

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Toxic Mental posted:

Yeah but do they just leave the pin bones in? wtf

It's Korea so yes.

Only place I've had sashimi with bones in it.

Pyrotoad posted:

Is that just straight glucose being poured over the rice cakes at one point?

It's Korea so yes.

(it's rice or corn syrup)

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Valko posted:

I hope this works. Imgur has always given me trouble trying to upload mp4.

https://i.imgur.com/KbXt3oB.mp4

your tags are wrong, MP4 is a video it's bolted on to the URL tags not the IMG tags, you actually used timg tags. If you use a computer pasting the URL will automatically put in the correct tags for .mp4 vs .jpg on imgur.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

AARD VARKMAN posted:

I would probably try a lot of the giant Indian sandwiches if they just stopped while it was a sandwich and didn't add a whole layer of sauce and cheese on top of the bun

Good luck with that. Most street vendors, especially since the rise of the food vloggers, keep trying to outdo themselves with even more nonsensical creations. These days, if you value your health, you never actually order anything that looks remotely close to this. That, and find a cafe or restaurant specializing in street food for a relatively safer experience.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

pixaal posted:

your tags are wrong, MP4 is a video it's bolted on to the URL tags not the IMG tags, you actually used timg tags. If you use a computer pasting the URL will automatically put in the correct tags for .mp4 vs .jpg on imgur.

Thank you, but I am using a computer. I'll know next time.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

I can't find it now but I'm still pissed about the cinnamon toast crunch hot dog that was posted a while ago. cheesy eggs on a hot dog is a genius innovation and they immediately ruin it with cereal and syrup :barf:

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

kalel posted:

I can't find it now but I'm still pissed about the cinnamon toast crunch hot dog that was posted a while ago. cheesy eggs on a hot dog is a genius innovation and they immediately ruin it with cereal and syrup :barf:

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

thank you gooner. cut the video at 7 seconds and that's a drat fine snack you've got there

TengenNewsEditor
Apr 3, 2004

kalel posted:

thank you gooner. cut the video at 7 seconds and that's a drat fine snack you've got there

General Bullshit > Foreign Street Food: cut the video at 7 seconds and that's a drat fine snack

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I'll be honest, I'd give it a try either way. But I like all my foods mixed up together, especially breakfast ones.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
https://i.imgur.com/TOBqf9e.mp4

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
“...great, thanks!”

zone
Dec 6, 2016

lol

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS

Valko posted:

Best curry in Japan is in an almost abondoned shopping mall filled with adult video stores or massage parlours.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-GK8odGHXM

Not sure what's topping that curry but it looks like rendered fat. The stuff that floats to the top and solidifies when you drain the juices out of a pot roast.

It's Yoghurt. I've had some exceptional indian food in Japan.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Thats not loving maple syrup and I'll snow wrestle anyone who says it is

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Someone please help me find my keys =(

Poohs Packin posted:

Thats not loving maple syrup and I'll snow wrestle anyone who says it is

That's loving maple syrup (pm me)

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
It's been watered down by the unholy lords of syrup control.

Gath
Sep 23, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHQhN7lJtOE

Hes still around. Although his bro passed on i think. There is some strange he died videos floating about.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
https://i.imgur.com/7BfqHsS.mp4

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Nice to see a hard would in here again

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Looks nearly perfect but I prefer an untoasted wrap tbh. When you're drunk late night those really crispy tortilla/flatbread edges can stab the roof of your mouth like a knife.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

The juicy grilled meat would soak through if it wasn't toasted IMO.