Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PsychoSoldier
Aug 22, 2022

t a s t e posted:

call it Omgus if you like but I don’t like an’s vote on me, probably even more than Hal’s because his explanation does seem plausible. Maybe they’ve got a good reason under there but I think I’m an easy lurker target. Beyond that hum’s “aw shucks my action failed twice” has my eyebrow raising

I actually don't hate this post

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punkreas
May 13, 2013

*chews on head*
Lipstick Apathy

Nep-Nep posted:

maer aside, why do you have the impression I'm a good player? we've not played before so what basis do you have for that? why would that have you reading me town?

Answers questions, makes reads, asks appropriate questions, level-headed - either of you could be scum playing it cool but haven't triggered any flags for me yet and so the decent posts leave you at leaning town as a weak read

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

Mr. Humalong posted:

I am also in a masonry as of last night.

Grating.

PsychoSoldier
Aug 22, 2022

Maerlyn posted:

I didn't get a chance to do a full read, will be doing that this afternoon.

I see now that Punk and TM (and Illu, RIP) claim to be in a masonry, which makes me feel a certain type of way about Hal who I am also in a masonry with. Unconfirmed - it's just us two as well so the odds of him being scum feel significantly higher. That isn't to say Punk or TM couldn't be scum either, but Hal has been super quiet, more than I would expect unless he had another chat to reckon with (he has posted in the thread at times but not our masonry despite me asking him questions).

This is probably a good time to just put myself: I'm a masonizer. Each day I can select someone to make a new chat with. I masoned YPM on D1 and masoned Hum for d2. The talks I've had with them and the way they've solved in the chat are a big part of why I think they're town. That and the way they went about claiming their info to me comes off like a towny approach.

PsychoSoldier
Aug 22, 2022

With all these masonries, I can't help but feel that scum would be hiding in one of them

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

Mr. Humalong posted:

I was bluffing with my muffin. My action has failed two nights in a row and it is VERY annoying.

PsychoSoldier posted:

This is probably a good time to just put myself: I'm a masonizer. Each day I can select someone to make a new chat with. I masoned YPM on D1 and masoned Hum for d2. The talks I've had with them and the way they've solved in the chat are a big part of why I think they're town. That and the way they went about claiming their info to me comes off like a towny approach.

Hum wasn't jailed then; just roleblocked.

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

PsychoSoldier posted:

With all these masonries, I can't help but feel that scum would be hiding in one of them

Interesting. Could there be a common scummy link between all of them? Like, say, a masonizer?

PsychoSoldier
Aug 22, 2022

Nep-Nep posted:

Given the posts before I'm not understanding the way this conclusion is reached. No contradiction either but can you explain that a bit?

It seems pretty obvious to me. I talked about how Moat's vote on AN probably doesn't come from a scum partner, and with the posts I quoted, Moat went out of their way to call out how many people sussed AN but wasn't voting them. I don't expect scum trying to a bit of distancing to draw that much attention to them like that.

I also made it clear I think Moat's reaction to people voting him is scummy, largely because they went "People voting me are scum" but then backpedaled without giving any names when I pressed them on it.

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

wologar posted:

Does shwinn's last request really hold weight on your vote?

In reality, dead townies don't know more than live ones, but with that in mind it adds a bit of weight to my own opinion, because shwinn had a towny agenda.

It's not a lot of weight and I would also vote for Psycho or Tired Moritz.

PsychoSoldier
Aug 22, 2022

wologar posted:

I don't think that's what happened, but I'll let Hum decide how he wants to talk about this

PsychoSoldier
Aug 22, 2022

wologar posted:

Can consider scum Psycho after these posts, mostly because I think that he would feel compelled to prod the thread if so because winning as scum in a dead thread is unsporting.

While this isn't untrue, why would I not also do this as town?

PsychoSoldier
Aug 22, 2022

wologar posted:

Interesting. Could there be a common scummy link between all of them? Like, say, a masonizer?

You're welcome to vote me if you have suspicions, but if you're gonna do it then do it

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

wologar posted:

Not quite, at least I don’t think so. I mean it’s entirely possible the scum team have been roleblocking me each night out of an intense, primal fear. But my role has a delayed effect and I have, unfortunately, tried to power up both of the people that have been night killed each night.

I am apparently very good at guessing who scum are going to night kill, though to be clear I told Psycho I was intending to target Illu last night so it’s possible he could be scum and trying to make me feel like I’m insane. I can’t rule it out! I didn’t get scum vibes from our conversation, though, until Illu ended up dead and then 40 other masonries appeared.

PsychoSoldier
Aug 22, 2022

Honestly, if there's a scum in the masons, my first thought is one in TM and Punk based on my previous reads. But I'd rather vote based on reads over guessing how the mod would run the game

PsychoSoldier
Aug 22, 2022

Speaking of which, there's a notable lack of takes from people on Moat I feel like

PsychoSoldier
Aug 22, 2022

Votecount for Day 3

Johnny Keats (2): wologar, wologar, Punkreas, Rhymes With Clue
t a s t e (2): AnonymousNarcotics, Hal Insandenza
Moatillata (2): wologar, PsychoSoldier
Nep-Nep (1): wologar, wologar, Johnny Keats
Hal Insandenza (1): t a s t e
Your Personal Muse (1): Anonymous
Maerlyn (1): Nep-Nep

Not Voting (5): Maerlyn, Moatillata, Mr. Humalong, Tired Moritz, Your Personal Muse

With 14 alive, it's 8 votes to execute. The current deadline is May 01st, 2023 at 9 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 2 days, 4 hours.

PsychoSoldier
Aug 22, 2022

I'm probably gonna be MIA for the rest of the day because I have IRL plans, but I'll be back tomorrow morning

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

I’m about to go mow the lawn so I will be MIA for about 2 hours. I have a lot of lawn.

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

PsychoSoldier posted:

While this isn't untrue, why would I not also do this as town?

Jarring as it may be, I assume you totally would. I think you play similarly as town and scum.

Moat vote is better, though.

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

PsychoSoldier posted:

I'm probably gonna be MIA for the rest of the day because I have IRL plans, but I'll be back tomorrow morning

Mr. Humalong posted:

I’m about to go mow the lawn so I will be MIA for about 2 hours. I have a lot of lawn.

Kinship among masons. How beautiful.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Someone asked me who I protected-I protected Hal. There's a reason why, but I would prefer not to reveal too much about why I choose certain folks. Its not anything particular to my role or this game, I just don't want to give scum an enhanced ability to predict my blocks.

The callout from Moat was strange about my last post was strange. Moat of all players should have the strongest reason to suspect me town.

I'm still comfortable with an AN murder.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

PsychoSoldier posted:

Speaking of which, there's a notable lack of takes from people on Moat I feel like

I thought Moat was nonoffensive until recently.

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි
Looking at Hum's claim of visiting both nks gives me vibes of a possible set up.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

wologar posted:

Lol

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

PsychoSoldier posted:

Mason me and I'll full claim to you and explain my behavior on day 1, and tell you all my town reads :)

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

Actually, reading Humalong's recent post, you might be a scum masonizer so put a pin in that.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

wologar posted:

Looking at Hum's claim of visiting both nks gives me vibes of a possible set up.

I didn’t actually visit either person, though.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

I do think Psycho and Maer seem the scummiest of all the possible masons right now

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

This av has been socialized, viva la Revolución

PsychoSoldier posted:

These are day actions? I don't know that I've ever seen a masonizer as a day ability before.

It's also why I asked what the mason group name was, it looks like the masonry was created specifically for Hal and I (well, OA) based on the name of the masonry but I'm not familiar enough with the source material.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

I would think “scumchat” is flavor agnostic

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

I wasn't asking about yours

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

Maerlyn posted:

These are day actions? I don't know that I've ever seen a masonizer as a day ability before.

It's also why I asked what the mason group name was, it looks like the masonry was created specifically for Hal and I (well, OA) based on the name of the masonry but I'm not familiar enough with the source material.

If anyone wants to share masonry names I can help with the flavor context

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
I am honestly jealous of all these masonries. I'm so lonely

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Mason me psycho :wink:

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

I am honestly jealous of all these masonries. I'm so lonely

:same:

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

Maerlyn posted:

I wasn't asking about yours

:iceburn:

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

Maerlyn posted:

Hal&OAtes?

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Mine is literally called private-message

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Ours is "faculty", I know who I am (Panch, I really don't care about sharing, it's not like I have anything worth hiding in that regard).

I thought Hal would have been Mahoney, but uh...apparently not. That's all my extensive Google searching has revealed (or maybe Liz who isn't faculty).

These aren't really relevant, for all I know "audience members" are scum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

PsychoSoldier posted:

I think I can understand why you might choose YPM, but why Hum?

Explanation of YPM choice would also be good but is less relevant to me.