Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: 16-bit Butt-Head)

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

euphronius posted:

I can’t imagine anyone paying more than 25c to read one article

Haven't we tried this numerous times and it always fails? People just aren't cool with being nickel and dimed to access random stuff. The best you can hope for is to get them to subscribe to a lot of a particular type of content, but hell no would I ever pay Elon to be the aggregator for my content.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Just a Moron
Nov 11, 2021

Lol, did the onion pay up for a gold badge? Pathetic

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Just a Moron posted:

probably owned them by giving them one

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

Trillhouse posted:

like a rent-seeking missile.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

lumpentroll posted:

probably owned them by giving them one

They have 11 million followers, and I think he did force the badge on all the 1 million plus follower accounts once people started calling him out on his "gifts".

PsychoInternetHawk
Apr 4, 2011

Perhaps, if one wishes to remain an individual in the midst of the teeming multitudes, one must make oneself grotesque.
Grimey Drawer

Just a Moron posted:

Elon owned all his haters and naysayers by giving them a lovely badge that says they're friends. They like him and think he's cool now, that's the rules no takebacks

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

anyone telling you to get a social media account is like burke from aliens who is luring people into a trap and you should waste him on sight

quote:

Okay, look. What if that tweet didn't even exist, huh? Did you ever think about that? I didn't know! So now, if I went in and made a major security issue out of it, everybody steps in. Administration steps in, and there are no exclusive rights for anybody; nobody wins. So I made a decision and it was... wrong. It was a bad tweet, Ripley. It was a bad tweet.

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin
These people are *Nazis* Burke! Do you have any idea what you’ve done?

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

lol

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Not many know this, but - George Washington was able to defeat the British in part because he was, himself, secretly British.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

it was because of the french

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Nemo2342 posted:

Haven't we tried this numerous times and it always fails? People just aren't cool with being nickel and dimed to access random stuff. The best you can hope for is to get them to subscribe to a lot of a particular type of content, but hell no would I ever pay Elon to be the aggregator for my content.

people have to be at their limits for subs

I don’t sign up for any more

a_gelatinous_cube
Feb 13, 2005

1glitch0 posted:

The internet has become a place where everyone want to be a loving toll booth for a glorified webring filled with next to zero original or interesting content.

I'll be honest, my mind still hasn't adjusted from the shift of just posting whatever to message boards because who gives a gently caress to people getting angry you are stealing their clout if you post a picture of their art or joke or meme or whatever.

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

Mr Interweb posted:

...how is this a "win-win"?

because you, a pleb undeserving of and too stupid to use money, will be parted from it

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Twitter is like Gab now.

https://twitter.com/RealRawNews1/status/1647968365418258437

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

is she ok

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Rudeboy Detective posted:

Well, back in my day we were taught that Washington was the first president of the US and had wooden teeth, nothing else.

Kids these days have it easy!

no cherry tree story? fucks sake everything is woke!

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

1glitch0 posted:

The internet has become a place where everyone want to be a loving toll booth for a glorified webring filled with next to zero original or interesting content.

venmo me for more great threadquotes like this!

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

how sick would it be if this were true?

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

realrawnews is a verified account so you know its true

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

i am also posting from gitmo

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

just what the cia wants us to think

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
Lori Lightfoot has been launched from a trebuchet into Lake Michigan.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

https://twitter.com/brycox1/status/1647992518468935683?s=20

hmmmm

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

thats a deep fake clone made by the cia

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

The articles on the site are hilarious because they add in these weird fantasy endings with the military guy getting cool dialogue.

quote:

“I see what’s really happened here,” Lightfoot said, glowering at the ensemble of military brass that had come to witness the execution. “I was doing too good a job, and you people knew, you knew that it was preordained that one day I would be President of the United States.”

A three-star Army general whispered to Adm. Crandall.

“That’s about as likely to happen as Obama parachuting out of the sky to save you,” Adm. Crandall said.

Lightfoot narrowed his eyes. “You haven’t earned the right to speak his name.”

“Yeah, that’s what we figured,” the admiral said cryptically.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

only a three star general smh

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

thats a deep fake clone made by the cia

they expire after 3 years though

https://realrawnews.com/2023/04/deep-state-clones-expire-after-three-years-cloning-scientist-tells-military/

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Niwrad posted:

The articles on the site are hilarious because they add in these weird fantasy endings with the military guy getting cool dialogue.

lmao

Ashmole
Oct 5, 2008

This wish was granted by Former DILF

Niwrad posted:

This owns

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

"creative writing by someone who's never read a book is my favorite genre of writing," he posted coolishly.

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Niwrad posted:

Lol

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

rip Lori lightfoot

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

breaking: lori lightfoot has secretly dug a tunnel hidden behind a stamp of rita hayworth

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

i am also posting from gitmo

i will ron desantis you

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

euphronius posted:

people have to be at their limits for subs

I don’t sign up for any more

Sure, I just meant that I know I've seen the "you can toss people micro-fees to access their content" idea before. The last time was crypto idiots who thought you should be able to toss digital pennies to people who made good comments.

And it never really works. The only thing that got any traction was things like "pay to access all of Disney's content" and even that is worn out due to everyone trying to create their own little services.

So I don't see any way "pay Elon and he'll pass on some money whenever people click your article" is going to work out. And knowing how dumb he is, he'll probably make it so that non-blue checks can't click links at all, further erasing what little use Twitter had.

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

Nemo2342 posted:

Sure, I just meant that I know I've seen the "you can toss people micro-fees to access their content" idea before. The last time was crypto idiots who thought you should be able to toss digital pennies to people who made good comments.

And it never really works. The only thing that got any traction was things like "pay to access all of Disney's content" and even that is worn out due to everyone trying to create their own little services.

So I don't see any way "pay Elon and he'll pass on some money whenever people click your article" is going to work out. And knowing how dumb he is, he'll probably make it so that non-blue checks can't click links at all, further erasing what little use Twitter had.

*lenin stirs in his grave*

organize.... national.... newspaper.... for the.... masses.....

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Twitter is also not paying their bills so the odds of any of these outlets getting paid is slim to none. Seems like a way to desperately generate some cash for a dying company. I don't think he has any intention of paying the share out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Nemo2342 posted:

I bought three houses with reddit gold and retired in my 30s with passive income alone.