Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
Kane is pretty cool ngl.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Cranappleberry posted:

Kane is pretty cool ngl.

thought this was the wrestling thread

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Kain is deified. The clans tell tales of him. Few know the truth; he was mortal once, as were we all.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Knormal posted:

A Cosgrove's A Blessing

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

why is it always offsite conduct with minors lately

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Famethrowa posted:

Lately?

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
i'd heard similar things about precision but never lent them much credence because he didn't seem emotionally stable enough to effectively creep on anyone

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Oxxidation posted:

i'd heard similar things about precision but never lent them much credence because he didn't seem emotionally stable enough to effectively creep on anyone

not a dig at you, but it is wild to me how often it is demonstrated that creeps can be "known" in a community for years, but unless there is a concerted effort they aren't forced out. I found them strange but never would have guessed.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Seeing something like this is like when Aatrek was banning people for posting about My Little Pony and said they were too obsessed with media for children

precision posted:

I've seen a lot of people saying that Bring it On is a legit good movie but all I can think is "okay pedophile"

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

It's always weird when it's someone with an active 00's era account who's rap sheet is pretty much 50% of stuff from the last 2 years. Like....something happened or its a clear sign to take a mental health break from the forums especially since the most recent probe was for reposting a reddit comment about spicy asian buttholes and then getting mad in the thread when given a 6'er for how weird it was.

Beyond that the most probe recent stuff in 2023 was "my cleaning ladies hate me :sad:", trying to call out posters who like Rick and Morty, and having some kind of weird breakdown in a videogames thread and posting some personal info the mods blanked.

On a related note, weird breakdowns in videogames threads and posting personal info are like a major red flag for someone who later gets seriously banned/perma'd not for any common reason other then a general "drat, you need to be off these forums"

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

It seemed to be a recent mental break because they started posting a ton of weird GBS threads and talking about being homeless and arrested and poo poo

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
Yeah, there was a lot going on there.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

pentyne posted:

It's always weird when it's someone with an active 00's era account who's rap sheet is pretty much 50% of stuff from the last 2 years. Like....something happened or its a clear sign to take a mental health break from the forums especially since the most recent probe was for reposting a reddit comment about spicy asian buttholes and then getting mad in the thread when given a 6'er for how weird it was.

they were also posting under an alt for about a year so that accounts for some of the gap

this was about three years ago, which i remembered because it was so off-puttingly weird

precision posted:

God, what a bunch of navel gazing horse poo poo. Lmao. "Why do anything, why not just make long posts instead"

Y'all have fun. I'm deleting the awful app for good this time. Sick of assholes like stux and the new "chat thread clique" (aka the stux fan club) who apparently delight in making me, a mentally ill person, feel like total poo poo just for trying to post and be chill.

I guess it's proof of how woke they are, they'll even bully a depressed nonbinary person that just wants to be their friend

Lol

two months later new poster simone magus showed up, i think they claimed to be a transgender therapist or something. they were very obviously a precision rereg because they posted in the same places and claimed to know nothing of them but also had some opinions on how they were treated

Simone Magus posted:

Okay, now post a screenshot where you search for "precision", the goon who stopped posting 7 months ago but that you and a bunch of others hated so much that you constantly talk about him in discord

that account got banned because of a tim rogers toxx(?) and then precision showed up again. i don't know anything substantial about their offsite conduct though

Oxxidation fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Apr 29, 2023

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Should probably alt check Simone Magus now precision is permabanned although if they're banned anyway maybe there's no point

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

stux clique

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG

Triticum Guzzler posted:

The essence of the criticism of the criticism that has been ongoing, at least on my part, is that it is bad. It is not good. It is really not very informative. It is not that it is bad to "care".

If you actually legitimately care about film, there is a good chance you do not post about it on this web site, because if you look at the movie forum (or the book forum, etc) you see that largely there's an incredible fixation on really childish products (and they are usually products rather than films) with a corresponding lack of taste. I'm sure it's an idea that's unfamiliar to you, as a grown man who wants to surgically replace his dick and balls with a coin operated motorised Donald Duck ride who is about 3 wispy chin hairs away from being a convicted rapist, but when criticism is coming from a really juvenile place about a less-juvenile subject it can seem very superficial and difficult to respect. Like when they allow kids to do news reports on the actual news.

This is one side of the coin here. Some of the reviewers present as, essentially, children of varying extreme largeness. But even if you read what they have to say about children's movies, it's still incredibly basic analysis of a film seen through a lens of a culture who are obsessed with identity politics in all things.

For example, if you read this week's review of The Boxtrolls, all you will learn is:

- The reviewer liked Coraline and Paranorman, but this film has a worse story
- There are trolls who wear boxes, also there are two characters who have names
- The film is nominally about the trolls who wear boxes, however it focuses on one of them who isn't REALLY a troll, but is actually a boy. This is a "big problem".
- The villain is avaristic and ugly. He pretends to be a woman, this is also a big problem, but we're not told why. Just that tumblr dislikes that and they're right to do so.
- The animation is good, kids will like it.

The only thing gleaned from this review that you won't get from the trailer is a number score and at some point a man wears a dress. It's an 800 word sideways glance at a movie and it really does not do a good job reviewing it outside of conveying the general sentiment that it's sort of not bad. I don't respect this, and I don't much care what this person has to say about other movies especially if they're more complicated than this movie for 6-year-olds.

On top of which the reviews are completely joyless, on a comedy web site. It's not just that it's really out of place, it's poorly executed in its own right. I'm not trying to illegally troll or insult them so please do not electronically beat me up, but I don't think they're cut out for this.

Thank you for reading this wearying post. As a reward, here is a picture of the cast of Duck Tales taking public transport so you can finally blast the biggest load of your life you mewling piece of poo poo idiot

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

MZ did a good job at making cined not like that any more *

Although some people still have a craving for it. The alien thread has frequent arguments over semantics and definitions which are really tedious

*The kind of post that poster was referencing. The kind that was on the front page

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"
I like Cine D because it's a place where you can shitpost about movies you like and dislike, and see effort posts of good quality and hilarious quality. It's a good time.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Metis of the Hallway posted:

Should probably alt check Simone Magus now precision is permabanned although if they're banned anyway maybe there's no point

And it's done. Mods working fast today.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
i post in the horror thread sometimes and read the aliens thread when its readable

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Oxxidation posted:

they were also posting under an alt for about a year so that accounts for some of the gap

this was about three years ago, which i remembered because it was so off-puttingly weird

two months later new poster simone magus showed up, i think they claimed to be a transgender therapist or something. they were very obviously a precision rereg because they posted in the same places and claimed to know nothing of them but also had some opinions on how they were treated

that account got banned because of a tim rogers toxx(?) and then precision showed up again. i don't know anything substantial about their offsite conduct though

im woke

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
i sleep

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Absolutely shocking that garbage poster precision was an even more garbage human being.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Whenever I see that meme, I always remember the goon who thought it was about George Floyd.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

I definitely remember someone posting about that years ago and I think I reported it to say like, "uhh are you guys looking into this?" but nothing came of it

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
mother fucker, mickey and minnie are absolutely not in the cast of duck tales

i hope someone was banned for this blunder

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
we need to do something about the stux fan club on the loose

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
I got the detective game. It's fun but I need to find more lockpicks

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Famethrowa posted:

Another pedo? That’s 2 within the span of a week right? We gonna go for the hat trick?

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Please, I am begging, do not go for the hat trick

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

widely-beloved Games poster stux

Plant MONSTER. posted:

we need to do something about the stux fan club on the loose

yup, this

time for the Games mods to take a brave stand against the legions of stux stans in Games

Chewbecca
Feb 13, 2005

Just chillin' : )

Famethrowa posted:

not a dig at you, but it is wild to me how often it is demonstrated that creeps can be "known" in a community for years, but unless there is a concerted effort they aren't forced out. I found them strange but never would have guessed.

As someone targeted by granos on these very forums, I promise you it isn't wild at all. Old mate harassed many people over a long period of time and the community's response was a catch phrase that people quote to this day

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
thinking about the stadia thread where the person with the most posts was stux and the ones that had the second and third and fourth posts were the people yelling at stux

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Tokyo Sexwale posted:

widely-beloved Games poster stux

yup, this

time for the Games mods to take a brave stand against the legions of stux stans in Games

They can try, but they will fail.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I like Stux

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

thinking about the stadia thread where the person with the most posts was stux and the ones that had the second and third and fourth posts were the people yelling at stux

that's awesome

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

I didn't read that thread often but that seems like a pretty good summary

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
I'm afraid I've been told we're all too afraid of Stux to contain him.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
there wasnt anything to read it was endless reddit copy pastes and stux posting something and then the goons copy pasting from reddit yelling at stux for ruining the thread vibe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

HopperUK posted:

I'm afraid I've been told we're all too afraid of Stux to contain him.

stux more like stuck(with him as a poster)