Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

You may call it :tinfoil: but I stand by my claim that Makar got suspended for complaining about being concussed a couple months ago, not because the hit warranted a suspension. Player safety doesn't give a poo poo about player safety.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
Makar should be suspended for having a really dumb mouse-looking rear end face, imo.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Kurt Angle did it.

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

Jhet posted:

I think the thing that saved Eberle from anything extra here is Cogliano turning right as the hit is coming making it through the back instead of through the side. If he hadn't have turned right then that hit isn't nearly as bad. It's still probably boarding either way, but the initial position wasn't going to end with his neck being compacted into the boards. I did think they'd start with the 5 so they could take a look at it, but I could see the refs explaining to the captains the call and motioning the turn. That part probably wasn't televised.

The hit was never going to be from the side. You could use this hit for the Wikipedia article on boarding. It’s a bad penalty, and I’m surprised that the DoPS would give Makar a game for his hit on McCann but not give Eberly anything for this.

Suspend both or neither. IMO this is a pretty bad look by the DoPS, particularly in light of the seriousness of Cogliano’s injury (something which is, ostensibly, a factor in their decision making).

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
As much as I hate the avs, dude got accordioned into the wall and I don’t see how you can’t get at least a game for that.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
DoPS is a dumb loving joke and its existence allows the NHL to play dumb about why its fans are so done with the bullshit.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
Eberle also came skating from the right circle while Cogs’ back was turned the whole way so it’s not even like there’s an excuse that he couldn’t have slowed up. just an awful hit all-around

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer
DoPS has been terribly inconsistent and wrong this playoffs round 1 even by their standards, and given how much they suck poo poo and are incompetent that is saying something.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

fermun posted:

Cogliano is probably done for the playoffs, probably career at his age and on an expiring contract, after the game had an x-ray and he's got a broken neck

edit: So Kraken have done 2 likely career-ending hits on the Avs this series

who's the first? ??? and cogliano?

dew worm
Apr 20, 2019

Didn’t Cogliano have his Ironman streak ruined by a questionable suspension?

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
I think they’re counting how makar ended a season as well; so that’s two.

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

Arivia posted:

who's the first? ??? and cogliano?

Darren Helm took a cross check to the side of the head in game 4 from Borgen about 5 minutes before the Makar hit and left with an upper body injury that is 100% a concussion and at 36 and all the injuries he's had this year i think that's probably it for him

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

edit: wrong thread

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Lol grats Toronto, you did the thing!

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Holy poo poo how long have you been sitting on this? :lmao:

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

The Toronto Maple Leafs have won the first round series of the 2023 Stanley Cup playoffs!

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

lol

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Furnaceface posted:

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.
God drat, it's going to be weeks before leafs fans/Canadian hockey media shut up about this.

drat!

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

I’m just happy that the isles got eliminated and pajama boy sent his team to the second round

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

see, that wasn't so hard

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
THEY FUCKIN DID IT

https://youtu.be/XfR9iY5y94s

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

nothing but respect for my president of hockey operations

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

WeaponX posted:

I’m just happy that the isles got eliminated and pajama boy sent his team to the second round

That is kinda funny. It's not as funny as the Leafs losing, but it's pretty funny.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

MJeff posted:

That is kinda funny. It's not as funny as the Leafs losing, but it's pretty funny.

It’s the little things

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

Furnaceface posted:

19 years

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Ugh, where do the Red Wings rank on longest series win drought now, it's gotta be a lot closer than it was 10 minutes ago.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Samsonov stole that game

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Samsonov stole that game

can't have a deep playoff run without your goalie stealing a couple games for you

Dr Zaius
Jan 2, 2001

Smells Like Team Spirit
News: AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
VIEWS: AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

MJeff posted:

Ugh, where do the Red Wings rank on longest series win drought now, it's gotta be a lot closer than it was 10 minutes ago.

who cares, what really matters is that no team has won more Stanley Cups since 1997 than the Detroit Red Wings to this day

Tampa Bay has three, but they don't have four!

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
The corgi got it wrong, guys.

I... I just don't know what to believe

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Eat poo poo Corey Perry

secret volcano lair
Oct 23, 2005

regret to inform that the needle has swung back to Fire Lindy. I will not apologize if they win game 7

on another note meier and bratt both need to score a goddamn goal on Monday if they want to get those 9m contracts

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

MJeff posted:

There is still Buffalo

and New Jersey apparently, but that won't last long

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TrueChaos
Nov 14, 2006

Wait what happens now, I forget