Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
ngl whenever I see that stux is probed I follow his rap sheet straight to the place it happened and it is always a wild time

Last time it was the GBS feedback thread that led to SPR getting chaos dunked, and before that it led me to the Astralpocalypse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Has anyone said 'sux' yet? Probably not.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
i like to read the final fantasy and resident evil threads in games sometimes i post in those and the switch thread

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

i like to read the final fantasy and resident evil threads in games sometimes i post in those and the switch thread

real freak poo poo

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
final fantasy is good

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

7 Remake was a loving blast.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

final fantasy is good

I just finished 8 again, managed to get rid of the random rule everywhere for the first time which owned

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

final fantasy is good

this

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Donut Goon is still going strong, starting to think the donut business is just a cover for his compulsive need to buy old dirty second hand kitchen equipment and brag about how easy it is to clean and get up and running.

Will I make donuts and coffee

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

pentyne posted:

Seeing something like this is like when Aatrek was banning people for posting about My Little Pony and said they were too obsessed with media for children

It's always weird when it's someone with an active 00's era account who's rap sheet is pretty much 50% of stuff from the last 2 years. Like....something happened or its a clear sign to take a mental health break from the forums especially since the most recent probe was for reposting a reddit comment about spicy asian buttholes and then getting mad in the thread when given a 6'er for how weird it was.

Beyond that the most probe recent stuff in 2023 was "my cleaning ladies hate me :sad:", trying to call out posters who like Rick and Morty, and having some kind of weird breakdown in a videogames thread and posting some personal info the mods blanked.

On a related note, weird breakdowns in videogames threads and posting personal info are like a major red flag for someone who later gets seriously banned/perma'd not for any common reason other then a general "drat, you need to be off these forums"

they'd been getting into really loving weird, mostly one sided fights for as long as I've been aware of either of those accounts.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

pentyne posted:

Donut Goon is still going strong, starting to think the donut business is just a cover for his compulsive need to buy old dirty second hand kitchen equipment and brag about how easy it is to clean and get up and running.

Will I make donuts and coffee

i wish him well

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

i wish him well

You have a cspam rear end avatar now. That's worse than aids

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Paladinus posted:

Has anyone said 'sux' yet? Probably not.

Related, anyone from the Stux crew tell them “stux to be you”

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

and also with you

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Tism the Dragon Tickler posted:

Please, I am begging, do not go for the hat trick

Never do the math of population percentages for horrible things if you want to sleep. It’s worse once you start to work out what things like a imbalance in a sex ratio in a population does to make that worse.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

oh I thought you said "stux be with you"

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Runa posted:

Aww well for you thats what i meant

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Runa posted:

and also with you

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

ngl whenever I see that stux is probed I follow his rap sheet straight to the place it happened and it is always a wild time

Last time it was the GBS feedback thread that led to SPR getting chaos dunked, and before that it led me to the Astralpocalypse.

I do that when butthead gets probed

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

the lepers colony is nice to look at from time to time

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Can anyone remember what newspaper comic had "some things just aren't worth fighting for"? It became a gangtag and I thought a smilie but i can't find it on the smilies page.

Potassium Problems
Sep 28, 2001

DoctorWhat posted:

Can anyone remember what newspaper comic had "some things just aren't worth fighting for"? It became a gangtag and I thought a smilie but i can't find it on the smilies page.

:fireman:

it's from the newspaper comic For Better or For Worse

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Potassium Problems posted:

:fireman:

it's from the newspaper comic For Better or For Worse

Thank you!

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

e: oh wtf they blink

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

why do they BLINK?

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
why wouldnt they

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
They blink now?

They blink now.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
oh that's discomfiting

Waste of Breath
Dec 30, 2021

I only know🧠 one1️⃣ thing🪨: I😡 want😤 to 🔪kill☠️… 😈Chaos😱… I need🥵 to. [TIME⏰ TO DIE☠️]
:same:

pentyne posted:

They blink now?

They blink now.

Don't give them ideas for another doctor who episode

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
I need help TV shopping lol. I have no idea what a good TV is anymore.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Frank Frank posted:

I need help TV shopping lol. I have no idea what a good TV is anymore.

it's hard to get a bad one these days unless you're trying to get a 65-inch for a couple hundred bucks or something. last i checked the best budget brand is tcl, mid-to-high is sony, and top are LG's OLED models

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
Drops out into all this disorder
yeah if youre not buying it off a truck and/or youre not getting some crazy too good to be true deal it is probably a good tv. lcds are so simple to make that its hard to gently caress it up egregiously

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Oxxidation posted:

it's hard to get a bad one these days unless you're trying to get a 65-inch for a couple hundred bucks or something. last i checked the best budget brand is tcl, mid-to-high is sony, and top are LG's OLED models

Looking for a 55" OLED 4k. I'll check out the LG TVs. It's funny, I'm kinda shocked how inexpensive they are. I think I paid $1500 for my old 42" plasma in 2009. TVs seem to be the only thing that has gotten significantly less expensive since then.

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

im stil chuckling at the idea of a posting informant

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Frank Frank posted:

Looking for a 55" OLED 4k. I'll check out the LG TVs. It's funny, I'm kinda shocked how inexpensive they are. I think I paid $1500 for my old 42" plasma in 2009. TVs seem to be the only thing that has gotten significantly less expensive since then.

we just got a new lg oled, its absurd how good it looks and how little heat it makes in comparison to older tvs

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I use an LG42 as my computer monitor and it’s ridiculous how good it looks. I have my older monitors next to it and it’s kinda shameful.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

DoctorWhat posted:

why do they BLINK?

FOOB's publisher was on the cutting edge of adapting comics to the new web, but also didn't have any ideas what to do with that new freedom.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Frank Frank posted:

There was a huge boon to affordability not long after you bought that plasma, because I recall shopping for my first new TV when I moved in 2012, and decided to just leave the old heavy monster crt. I was blown away at around 700 Canadian for a LG lcd in the low 40's ( dunno, looks like a big screen to me). I think that trend has kept going. Just hope the new stuff doesn't have suspiciously shorter lifespans.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
oh hey, I remember upthread people complaining about the hostility of the MTG thread and how angry posters in it are, one of the most notorious madposters happened to be Precision, and now they're gone! *flowers bloom, a rainbow appears, a rabbit cautiously hops into frame*

Frank Frank posted:

I used my tax returns a couple years ago to update all that poo poo and got a gigantic one of these to use as a computer monitor, it's fantastic mounted on the wall. absolutely recommend getting one if you can, for a...I want to say it's a 65", cost me like $1500. not bad sticking to the similar price of yours but being bigger, more efficient, and way easier to handle(it's like 60lbs)

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

we just got a new lg oled, its absurd how good it looks and how little heat it makes in comparison to older tvs
I recently had all the siding, insulation, and general repairwork while that stuff was off the house done, but before that, my old Sharp Aquos(which weighed like 140 pounds) was a genuine heat source in my room during cold months. it was bad not having good siding and insulation, but also concerning just how hot that thing would get.

it's super noticeable how little heat the LG puts out now, it is crazy. also, WAY cheaper on the electric bill!

the affordability thing, I think that is due to most new TVs being subsidized by forced subscription services like netflix, hbo max, etc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
I do wish that there were non-smart TVs still sold nowadays, because all the smart-TV poo poo is usually just a worse version of the stuff that's already on whatever other boxes are usually hooked up to TVs (Chromecasts, Apple TVs, cable boxes, game consoles etc. etc.). My current TV takes about 30 seconds to turn on because it has to boot into Android, which is pretty absurd, esp. when considering my previous, non-smart TV just snapped on in like a second.