Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
That's actually the Lumberjack Fiend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

Hamelekim posted:

It’s Denji from the future.

The Chainsaw Man Who Scored, come back to the past to ensure that his and only his timeline comes to pass.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
I refuse to believe Denji ever starts talking like an adult

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Elite posted:

There’s clockwise turnwise Chainsaw Man and anti-clockwise widdershins Chainsaw Man.

:hmmyes:

I R SMART LIKE ROCK fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Apr 27, 2023

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

He is just the Saw Devil.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Is 1997 really enough for the wallet chain devil?

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Ranzear posted:

Did nobody realize the panels were very intentional in chapter 111, showing Denji asleep while Yuko got bdroom'ed? There's been a second one this whole time. It's probably Pochita still running around solo after the Makima gambit.

My money is he hangs out with Kobeni now.

chiasaur11 posted:

Except Denji shoved Pochita back into his chest then, because otherwise he'd, you know, die. Also, he and Denji talked in Denji's dreams at the end.

One things for sure though

Denji got that dawg in him

Triggerhappypilot
Nov 8, 2009

SVMS-01 UNION FLAG GREATEST MOBILE SUIT

ENACT = CHEAP EUROTRASH COPY

The copycat devil.

Jorenko
Jun 6, 2004

I think you're just mad 'cause you're single.

Steve Yun posted:

Sounds sinister

It's not right that this post has so far gone unrecognized

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Jorenko posted:

It's not right that this post has so far gone unrecognized

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Triggerhappypilot posted:

The copycat devil.

that's what im thinking, maybe Impostor Devil or something along those lines? but i could also be a fool and completely overshoot the mark like with Falling so alas

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
It's the Chainsaw Man Devil, clearly.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

The Lord of Hats posted:

This is stupid enough to be plausible

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020
it’s a normal dude that strapped chainsaws to himself

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

The Lord of Hats posted:

Yeah, I'm going with this one.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
If he eats Chainsaw Man Devil, both cease to exist

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

Chainsaw Man Devil being more competent because he's made up of the fears of living devils instead of the ones who have actually faced Denji would be amazing

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
And that Denji isn't even the best at being Chainsaw Man tracks.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
The blades seem a little long, someone is contracted to the electric hedge trimmer devil.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Das Boo posted:

And that Denji isn't even the best at being Chainsaw Man tracks.

Still think about Beam describing all the poo poo Denji can possibly do with his chainsaws, just before Denji mounts Beam like a horse.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Electric Phantasm posted:

Still think about Beam describing all the poo poo Denji can possibly do with his chainsaws, just before Denji mounts Beam like a horse.

But that is proof he is best???

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
its the Inferiority Complex Devil and its targeting Denji

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Keeping with the theme maybe pieces of Denji and or pochita have been eaten without his knowledge. Devils ate Gun flesh, maybe hybrid flesh works similarly

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular

ImpAtom posted:

But that is proof he is best???

Denji's mind is in a perfect state of Being. He isn't interested in knowing what he can do and pays no heed to what he can't do. Ergo, he can do anything.

Whirling
Feb 23, 2023

https://twitter.com/giganticbuddha/status/1652009277429563393

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Clearly the work of the Mirror Devil

Karanas
Jul 17, 2011

Euuuuuuuugh
God I miss Power.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
https://twitter.com/fuckedupfoods/status/1652109678963195905

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse

dang it, I was just coming here to post that :argh:

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh

poo poo, they're summoning the Elmo devil from hell

Wellwinds
Mar 20, 2010

Triggerhappypilot posted:

The copycat devil.

I feel like there's a theory to be built out of the fact that there's a chainsaw brand called echo

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

I also guess Death as the thing that looks like Chainsawman, mostly because I feel like it's time to get the last horseman out there in some capacity. Also, thoughts on Death taking the form of the death devils fear, how powerful are the horseman on their own really?

Control isn't much herself (maybe), even when Makima was like the most feared thing by many countries leaders she was only rad af because of the contracts(?). Has her spy/teleport animal thing and standard devil super strength or w/e but also was fighting weakened Chainsaw so idk.

War can make things she values into weapons (because war destroys the things you love, got it) but what does a Devil really value? If it was just she truly values weapons or something then she could bootstrap herself to a real terror on her own. We don't have a whole lot to go on since we met her as a doofy bird, but I'd guess she uses a human with some cause as a conduit to make wars happen even outside of her current Asa brain situation. A war is more that just a series of destructive acts.

Fami summoned(?) Justice devil to hook up with the one girl, and poor Infinity devil at the aquarium. Hasn't done anything scary herself although we haven't seen her much so idk.

Death able to embody the death you fear but being fairly detached or passive would kinda break the pattern, but probably it'll be more interesting that whatever I can think up.

I think it'd be plain more interesting to have the horseman not only have their own goals and agendas, but be more linked to people than just more fear = more power. It would also keep them from rivaling the primal fears in raw power, while still letting them be big shots on the human side of the doorway. The ones we know are brighter than like the Bat devil that's a menace because devils just be like that (okay Yoru is a little dumb). Anyway Power will return with all her memories because she's too dumb to remember to forget a genius

Elite
Oct 30, 2010
Fami also dealt critical damage to Yoshida’s wallet by ordering 7 of every dessert.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Elite posted:

Fami also dealt critical damage to Yoshida’s wallet by ordering 7 of every dessert.

I would love it if in the middle of a fight scene we just cut to a panel or two of Yoshida washing dishes to pay off the food Fami ate because the check was too much to write off as a business expense and he didn't have any cash, then we just immediately go back to the fight.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

GloomMouse posted:

I also guess Death as the thing that looks like Chainsawman, mostly because I feel like it's time to get the last horseman out there in some capacity. Also, thoughts on Death taking the form of the death devils fear, how powerful are the horseman on their own really?

Control isn't much herself (maybe), even when Makima was like the most feared thing by many countries leaders she was only rad af because of the contracts(?). Has her spy/teleport animal thing and standard devil super strength or w/e but also was fighting weakened Chainsaw so idk.

A weakened Chainsaw Man that could take on every other hybrid at once alongside a small army of Public Safety mooks, and achieve a mutual kill against the lot in a straightforward slugfest. (And the mutual was only due to Quanxi, the toughest close quarters fighter in the history of the human race, with who-knows-how-much experience.)

Makima was deliberately choosing her weakest approach and still going blow-for-blow with one of the most powerful devils in existence. (Sure, he was nerfed a bit, but considering full power Pochita seemed to scare primals, the nerf doesn't speak too badly of Makima's effectiveness.)

We also see that no-contracts Nayuta can one-shot War with no effort, which at least suggests Makima has some power by default.

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

Fair enough, although by the time of the comic, even though Gun devil was getting all the press she was the most feared devil by many very powerful people, and had been for some time. I guess I just don't see the baseline Control devil solving problems with her iron fists, and not just as like a personal preference. Winning against War in an Asa mobile doesn't seem like a fair test of strength either.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

GloomMouse posted:

Fair enough, although by the time of the comic, even though Gun devil was getting all the press she was the most feared devil by many very powerful people, and had been for some time. I guess I just don't see the baseline Control devil solving problems with her iron fists, and not just as like a personal preference. Winning against War in an Asa mobile doesn't seem like a fair test of strength either.

We do, though. There's a whole chapter that's nothing but the baseline Control Devil solving problems with her fists. Contracts make it so she can't lose, but the damage she deals is her own, and it's an important part of the plot that it has to be.

Control is a pretty major human fear. Makes sense its embodiment would be one of the more dangerous ones, even if she is a bit of a glass cannon by default.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

The strongest devil has to be the FOMO Devil

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

Makima's fisticuff time was the last phase of a god knows how long elaborate plot to pit herself at the peak of her power against a Chainsaw presumably as weak as she could make it, physically by throwing an absolute fuckton of devils at it and supernaturally by making it not-feared/loved. Only then was there a (almost childishly simplistic) confrontation where she could be superior to it to her satisfaction. "Heh I beat you up that makes me the boss!" Like I'm not saying Control isn't strong or can't throw a punch lmao, just that it needs to augment it's strength with something more than just human fear juice to go up against strong but uncomplicated bruisers like Gun. I think War and Famine seem to operate in a similar fashion, and that Death may as well. Certainly it's more interesting, and would necessitate a better understanding and more complex relationship to humans than "make scared, become swole"

The strongest is Indefinite Hiatus Devil, just absolutely devastating and feared by all

GloomMouse fucked around with this message at 08:55 on Apr 30, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

GloomMouse posted:

I'm not following this. Makima is the only one who offered even a modicum of resistance to the Darkness devil and from what we can tell those Primal Fear devils are the strongest out of all of them. She didn't really use her Prime minister contract during that encounter either. Darkness also had some sort of interest in Makima (the arms) fsr. So I don't really think it's the case that the Horsemen devils are weak at all, if anything I'd imagine they're the strongest of the non-primals when healthy