Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Eimi posted:

Sampo owns, though I play in Japanese but his voice is perfect.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iKsOFFcpRc

WTF I haven't played on 1x speed since the beginning so that felt like going in slow-motion.

Edit: In regards to the voice, they both seem to be going for the same "sleazy merchant" feel with slightly different cultural ideas of what that entails.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

FractalSandwich posted:

Waiting for Kafka is quite a trial.

It really is.

But I need both of them and I'm committed to this road.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Kyrosiris posted:

It really is.

But I need both of them and I'm committed to this road.

Bronie and Kafka are must pulls for me. Guaranteed version of Bronya and her kit looks like it will be Kazuha tier in terms of usefulness and Kafka because she's a horrible woman. Just off the leaks there's already on character per patch I want.

1.1 Luocha and Bronie as 5*, the foxgirl commander as 4*
1.2 Kafka and Blade
1.3 Fu Xuan and an actual big story spoiler from end of planet 2 so tagging it separately Dan Heng's true form

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 5 days!)

beat the first simulated world.
used both March and Beilu as supporters. Got the right blessings to make other target weak to ice after an ultimate to let my Yanqing cruise.

still not sure which light cones to use, but i just started so i feel its not like i'm missing out if i misue these beginner mats anyway just to get a feel of the ones i find interesting

Splash Attack
Mar 23, 2008

Yeahhh!
I am GHOS!!
Haaaaaa Ha Ha Ha!!

Eimi posted:

Bronie and Kafka are must pulls for me. Guaranteed version of Bronya and her kit looks like it will be Kazuha tier in terms of usefulness and Kafka because she's a horrible woman. Just off the leaks there's already on character per patch I want.

1.1 Luocha and Bronie as 5*, the foxgirl commander as 4*
1.2 Kafka and Blade
1.3 Fu Xuan and an actual big story spoiler from end of planet 2 so tagging it separately Dan Heng's true form

i thought by planet 2 you meant the ice one because space china is on a space station and not a planet. and technically it is the second place you visit so planet 2 could work as a name. oops. :negative:

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013
Still really enjoying this, but man that grind to Trailblazer Level 24 coming when it did was annoying. Also, it would have been great to have Trial Seele for the last dungeon on Jarilo or something. Since her plus the main trio makes a full "story" party.

As for the ending of that planet. . .
Listen, I get it. Coming into a very important historical moment, it makes practical sense not to reveal things like "the Eternal Frost was caused by the first Guardian using the Stellaron to stop the legion, the guardians have known this for centuries, and the last one went completely nuts" and risk destabilizing the entire civilization, especially when someone you know is good or even you is in charge. I'll even grant that, while I disagree in principle, it's a hell of a lot easier to stand on principle when you're not going to have to stay and live with the consequences. And of course they can't let you just choose the status quo for the whole planet if they're gonna use it again for events.

But couldn't there have at least been some kind of "I strongly disagree with your decision, but I don't live on this planet so it's not mine to make" option? It feels almost as lovely having no option for the Trailblazer to not be fine with it as it does that it really doesn't seem like something Seele and Bronya would come up with. Like, drag Sampo into that scene or have it be Cocolia's last words or something. It's a lot easier to see them making the pragmatic choice than it is to see them coming up with it in the first place. (But maybe I'm biased because it did not occur to me to lie until Seele brought it up, I thought the original "what should we tell people?" question was of the "will they even believe me?" type, not the "the truth can be dangerous here" type.)
But yeah. There should be at least an "I disagree, but as an alien who is leaving it shouldn't be up to me" option. Also the wrap up felt long, but maybe that's just because my cat was bugging me to quit for the night the whole time.
Also the lance is not as cool as the baseball bat, even if that form is probably more useful.

But those are nitpicks. Game is good. English Sampo is a highlight. He should have joined the crew instead of whatever he has going on instead.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Splash Attack posted:

i thought by planet 2 you meant the ice one because space china is on a space station and not a planet. and technically it is the second place you visit so planet 2 could work as a name. oops. :negative:

Space China isn't a space station, it's a world ship.

Setec_Astronomy
Mar 10, 2003

there's nothing wrong with you that an expensive operation can't prolong

Eimi posted:

Bronie and Kafka are must pulls for me.

Is Bronie the same as Silver Wolf? According to the leaks at this site https://honkailab.com/characters/silver-wolf-build/ her kit looks completely nuts.

I definitely want her, as well as the upcoming Imaginary healer. A second healer will be great once we get to the "Spiral Abyss" equivalent where you need two full teams.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
Bronya E2 + Seele E2 + Seele Lightcone is freakin' sick

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
Bailu E1 at 44 pity, someone please replace this awful child with light cones at the least.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
For the lurkers who feel bad about seeing people with multiple 5s: I've got nothing but the guaranteed 5 from the newbie banner and I'm not even remotely close to any pity. There, expectations normalized. You'r welcome....

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013
I may have gotten two 5 stars so far in Star Rail, and they may be Bronya and Himeko which are easily two of the four I want most, but over in Genshin I'm at my second soft pity in a row and lost 50/50 last time, and in Honkai Impact I was like three drops away from hard pity for the last thing I pulled for and actually got. (It was Mei's new sword)
(I also did not get the new Kiana)

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Setec_Astronomy posted:

Is Bronie the same as Silver Wolf? According to the leaks at this site https://honkailab.com/characters/silver-wolf-build/ her kit looks completely nuts.

I definitely want her, as well as the upcoming Imaginary healer. A second healer will be great once we get to the "Spiral Abyss" equivalent where you need two full teams.

Fun fact, you start needing two teams at the 10th stage.

Also I've honestly not felt like I've needed a healer so far. But I did get Gepard as my beginner 5* and I gotta tell you that guy does wonders for survivability. My usual go-to team is Phys Trailblazer, Gepard, Seele and Asta, works pretty well. I was using Dan until I got Seele and it was fine but there's something hilarious about stacking Seele's personal SPD buff and naturally high SPD with Asta's SPD buff. I should maybe replace Phys Trailblazer with someone else but I don't have Susheng and having a modular Ult comes in handy surprisingly often too.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

MoonCrab posted:

For the lurkers who feel bad about seeing people with multiple 5s: I've got nothing but the guaranteed 5 from the newbie banner and I'm not even remotely close to any pity. There, expectations normalized. You'r welcome....
You can also just baselessly assume that everyone who seems to have better luck than you is secretly whaling, and quietly look down on them. That's another strategy.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

I love this loving game. :allears:

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

My second 5* after my beginner one was a Hunt light cone so I guess Dan Heng is sitting pretty for a while considering he's my only Hunt.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

MoonCrab posted:

Im 65 pulls into seele and 35 into standard and still have only the beginner 5 star, yanqing, who i cant use for many things.

I am forced to be f2p.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Oh, speaking of, should I only be spending embers on special passes, or is there enough income to blow those on normal passes too?

I figure undying starlight is rare enough to either only use on special passes or a character/cone that I just have to have.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Kyrosiris posted:

Oh, speaking of, should I only be spending embers on special passes, or is there enough income to blow those on normal passes too?

I figure undying starlight is rare enough to either only use on special passes or a character/cone that I just have to have.

You should have enough to grab the normal passes each month too.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

MarquiseMindfang posted:

You should have enough to grab the normal passes each month too.

Cool, thanks. I bounced off Genshin hard, so I don't really have a good frame of reference on what's "hang onto this and hoard like a dragon" rare and what's "eh, gently caress it, spend it" common yet.

l0lwhat
Mar 30, 2005

Who touched my nuts?
Maybe I'm too dumb to find it, but where exactly is my special banner pity shown?

Steely Glint
Oct 29, 2011

Dinosaur Gum

l0lwhat posted:

Maybe I'm too dumb to find it, but where exactly is my special banner pity shown?

The Records tab under View Details for each banner can be used to calculate it (either by hand or using a tracker like this one) but, to the best of my knowledge, it's not displayed anywhere directly.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

I was ready to just drop the game if I didn't get the 5* I wanted from the beginner's banner (Bronya), but then I got her on my first try, so I guess I'm sticking with this for now.

Gonna hoard all my resources for Luocha and Blade, which looking at Genshin past version release schedules, should come in about 1.5 and 3 months respectively?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

also they're having a stream or something to celebrate the game's launch in about 40 minutes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLyOaD38tpA

i think theyre gonna give some free rolls too

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
7:30 am est on a sunday lol

good thing im a crazy morning person.

Sampo end-of-ice-planet spoiler/question did he uhh break the 4th wall and talk to us directly in the cutscene? are "we" acknowledged to be something in this gane?

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

I finished the first planet, and I'm still thinking about rerolling. I got himiko from the beginner banner but it feels like she falls off hard. I also didn't get any relevant 4 stars out off all my pulls.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

DrManiac posted:

I finished the first planet, and I'm still thinking about rerolling. I got himiko from the beginner banner but it feels like she falls off hard. I also didn't get any relevant 4 stars out off all my pulls.
the 4*s the game gives you for free are pretty relevant

and himiko's always going to be extremely good for farming stuff

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

Kyrosiris posted:

I love this loving game. :allears:

I love that whole side quest. Buddy, you had me sold at 'discount' now send me the link, damnit.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

saying a unit might fall off is silly, reminder that most characters don't have all their passives unlocked at this point due to AR lock.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Is it worth burning the gold Passes on the Light Cone banner or am I better off just saving them for the next special event? Already got what I wanted off the Seele banner.

Or I guess burning them on the Seele banner for Eidolons, but that seems insane.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Gearman posted:

I love that whole side quest. Buddy, you had me sold at 'discount' now send me the link, damnit.

“Link plz”

“Link?”

“Link!”

“Got that link?”

(Block)

I love my full goblin-mode MC.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

1stGear posted:

Is it worth burning the gold Passes on the Light Cone banner or am I better off just saving them for the next special event? Already got what I wanted off the Seele banner.

Or I guess burning them on the Seele banner for Eidolons, but that seems insane.

5 star Cones are even more devalued in HSR than weapons are in genshin

And more characters is way more valued than Genshin because of break system and team comps

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

Endorph posted:

also they're having a stream or something to celebrate the game's launch in about 40 minutes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLyOaD38tpA

i think theyre gonna give some free rolls too

It's been so far just non-stop game music.

Does anyone know what city they keep showing in the videos?

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

I assume baselessly that it's Shanghai.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Stream ended, I guess it was just half an hour of music?

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

When does this game rollover anyway?

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

2 hours before you posted.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.

MoonCrab posted:

same lol, but I'm saving really hard for upcoming characters.

1stGear posted:

There are a ton of really interesting characters coming up and you'll need ~80 pulls (90 hard pity) for a guaranteed 50/50 shot per character; I'd save if I were you. But then again I have never pulled on a weapon banner and never will

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

They sent us 10 pulls in the mail.

Got a Gepard I think 20 pulls into the Seele banner. Does this mean I now have 90 more pulls to guarantee a rate up or is it 70? And the rateup is guaranteed to be the feature character?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Boris Galerkin posted:

They sent us 10 pulls in the mail.

Got a Gepard I think 20 pulls into the Seele banner. Does this mean I now have 90 more pulls to guarantee a rate up or is it 70? And the rateup is guaranteed to be the feature character?
You have 90 pulls to the guaranteed 5* (though soft pity starts kicking in around 75 pulls and boosts the 5* rate a ton.) it is guaranteed to be the featured character.