Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tomanton
May 22, 2006

beam me up, tomato

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

TrueChaos posted:

Wait what happens now, I forget

You lose the next four games in a row but still have a parade.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

TrueChaos posted:

Wait what happens now, I forget

we keep playing and if we play well we get to keep playing
we keep playing and if we play well we get to keep playing
we keep playing and if we play well we win, until next season four months later when we keep playing

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
Oh my god. They actually did it. They actually made it to another round of the playoffs.

My mind wobbles.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

secret volcano lair posted:

regret to inform that the needle has swung back to Fire Lindy. I will not apologize if they win game 7

on another note meier and bratt both need to score a goddamn goal on Monday if they want to get those 9m contracts

I think they were in control and looking good for a second until that dumbass Mercer pass that led to the PP. Then the Rangers get a goal off a shot going five feet wide and Akira looked shaky after that. They've been nothing if not resilient though, hopefully Akira has a good game 7 and they turn that 5v5 play into more goals.

Shesterkin has been brilliant all series though, would be nice to see him have one bad game.

T-Bone fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Apr 30, 2023

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
I'm happy as hell but the Devils dominated 75% of that game. Not falling into the confident trap again. Monday is going to be intense.

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line

secret volcano lair posted:

regret to inform that the needle has swung back to Fire Lindy. I will not apologize if they win game 7

on another note meier and bratt both need to score a goddamn goal on Monday if they want to get those 9m contracts

My favorite part of this series is each fanbase wanting to fire their coach after every loss

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
I don't think there's a result on Monday that could surprise me really, it has been a bizarre series besides Shesterkin being predictably insanely good.

secret volcano lair
Oct 23, 2005

the string of penalties in the first through the early second really did kill the devils' momentum dead. they completely dominated that first period up until then. I would not expect that many calls on Monday which should work in their favor

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

The Dirty Burger posted:

My favorite part of this series is each fanbase wanting to fire their coach after every loss

I'm still there.

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe
Rangers domination. Gallant back to being an upper tier coach. Schmid figured out. Arrests of Devils Hughes family trafficking ring imminent; Patriots In Control. Where We Go One, We Go All #noquitinny

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Congrats, LAS. Long time coming.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

DO YALL WANT A BOXC posted:

Rangers domination. Gallant back to being an upper tier coach. Schmid figured out. Arrests of Devils Hughes family trafficking ring imminent; Patriots In Control. Where We Go One, We Go All #noquitinny

Lmao

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

fun fact: this is only 1 year before the Leafs' last playoff series win. When this picture was taken, they were about 2 weeks removed from losing in 7 in the first round to the Flyers

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

BRAKE FOR MOOSE posted:

There is still Buffalo

and New Jersey apparently, but that won't last long

2007 for Buffalo, is that the longest now?

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
Huge props to Sheldon Keefe for not inserting Wayne Simmonds into the lineup after the Bunting suspension and when things got a little ugly early on. Matthew Knies played pretty great in his spot instead

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Fire Dubas and Keefe.

Sorry, that was reflexive.

Leafs were outplayed 4/6 games and maybe even in one more

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Feel like getting out played is the only way to win. Leafs in 6. Next round Leafs in 5. Honking my horn in my parking garage knowing I'm already too brain damaged to be troubled by the fumes. let's go.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

It's funny because the original was also the last time the Leafs won a series.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://twitter.com/Sportsnet/status/1652504152583315456?t=Xjtk77xbloVUCUIHEKidZw&s=19

why not the other team :iiam:

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
E: wrong thread oops

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely
now that the dam has burst I am quite certain the Leafs will win the next 5 Stanley Cups in a row.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

god bless this post

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
Is finally getting out of the 2nd round enough for the Leafs to keep Dubas/Keefe/the same core around? Or is this an ECF or bust situation? Also seen this funny fact on twitter:

https://twitter.com/jcorb_/status/1652514695734079489?s=46&t=2hVb1vPytx9OUpdE0UPz6Q

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME

T-Bone posted:

I don't think there's a result on Monday that could surprise me really, it has been a bizarre series besides Shesterkin being predictably insanely good.

Playoffs have unfortunately lined up with a really stressful time for me so I'll admit I"m fair weather fan posting here now (really super hard to want to watch games when I'm stressed as gently caress about other stuff and then the Rangers pull what they have), but my hot take at this moment is that the Devils kinda played like rear end in the first two games to some extent and the Rangers managed to rope-a-dope themselves and spent the past several games kinda expecting the Devils to give them stuff rather than playing the games like they need to go take control of the game and win it. At least, that's kinda what game 5 felt like. Just...low energy waiting for the game to fall into their laps.

That said, I think the Devils did a great job adjusting and making things harder on the Rangers. That it took 3 games for the Rangers to kinda go "poo poo we need to force the play a bit if we want to score goals" is infuriating and I'm ready to throw everyone under the bus for that. Though, I can say I'm miffed at the call that gave the Devils a PP in game 3 that led to the tying goal. These bullshit powerplays from scrums in front of the net need to stop unless it's incredibly blatant. Just call it offsetting and get on with it.

Also good of Mika to show up...kinda like last year he seemed like he spent far too long thinking he needs to be so defensively responsible that he can't generate offense. The Rangers need him scoring goals and facilitating offense.

At any rate, who knows wtf game 7 will bring. It's probably good for the Rangers to bust open Schmid for 5 goals like that and not get in their heads about him (personally don't think they really tested him a ton in the previous 3 games...he made good saves but on lots of stuff he could always see and wasn't being bothered by), but who knows. Rangers needed a bounce and got one on that first goal and it snowballed from there for them, so good.

Finally, gently caress Patrick Kane. Dude is doing poo poo all. I don't give a poo poo if you wanna call him unlucky or whatever, he was brought here to be a playoff difference maker, loving do something other than 1 play in game 2.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

I've seen the banner and it's fuckin beautiful

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

The Dirty Burger posted:

Is finally getting out of the 2nd round enough for the Leafs to keep Dubas/Keefe/the same core around? Or is this an ECF or bust situation? Also seen this funny fact on twitter:

https://twitter.com/jcorb_/status/1652514695734079489?s=46&t=2hVb1vPytx9OUpdE0UPz6Q

Keefe/Core 4? It depends on how they play in the second round. Dubas? ECF or bust.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Goilers

Thank you to Armstrong and the Blues for sending uKlim Kostin to Edmonton.

clean ayers act
Aug 13, 2007

How do I shot puck!?
leafs oilers for an all canada final, lets go

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Talk about bad luck:

https://i.imgur.com/fpBik9T.mp4

clean ayers act posted:

leafs oilers for an all canada final, lets go

That would be a tense two weeks. Let's do it!

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
just how we all thought the series would end, with a Kailer Yamamoto GWG

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Bard Maddox posted:

just how we all thought the series would end, with a Kailer Yamamoto GWG

And a Klim Kostin 3 point night

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

The people crave fun.

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

The Leafs won, will keep winning, onwards to the Cup.

Leafs Forever. Keep crying, fans of lesser franchises.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer
Down goes brown for the win

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Okay what are the five reasons

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
I am slightly sad that we've been denied some g7s, but all will be redeemed if the Bruins get bounced

Gerblederp
Dec 4, 2009

The Leafs foamer at work is gonna be even more insufferable now.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

Arivia posted:

Okay what are the five reasons

Reason 1: The Leafs winning is good for business

Reason 2: This had all been a lot of fun for other fan bases

Reason 3: The drought was causing an existential crisis for some of us

Reason 4: Leaf fans needed this… and yes, they deserve it

Reason 5: It’s the end of a chapter, but not the story

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

I love that the iconic call from the Leafs series winner is quickly becoming Joe Bowen loudly celebrating the wrong goal scorer.

https://twitter.com/LeafsJelly/status/1652497379965251586?s=20