Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Zelda is going to be amazing but they left weapon durability in so I’m afraid it can never be GOTY

UNLESS they added the ability to just directly choose something to get rid of when you try to pick up a weapon when you’re at capacity instead of having to go through the whole process of opening the menu and choosing something to throw out and then go through the 4 hour long chest opening animation all over again.

Then GOTY and maybe even GOAT is back on the table.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Yes I know I can just press the button that launches your equipped weapon into orbit but I have to cycle through those to find the one I’m most happy throwing away anyway which is more work.

Just give me a “replace which weapon?” menu on pickup Nintendo

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Weapon durability and gacha, a winning combo

I mean I can't talk I play mobage lol

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
It wouldn't be a zelda game if the core action of the game wasn't constantly entering a fiddly menu to switch your equipped item/weapon around

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

kirbysuperstar posted:

Weapon durability and gacha, a winning combo

I mean I can't talk I play mobage lol

Patiently waiting for Stair Rail PS5 version

Magic Mango
Aug 31, 2006

Only fools are enslaved by time and space.

FireWorksWell posted:

Octopath 2 should not be overlooked

Word. I picked up a PS5 a couple of days ago along with a couple of the big name releases, but I also got Octopath 2 on a whim because I’d heard good buzz, and I’ve yet to play anything else.

The battle system is really good (though it takes a while to introduce all the mechanics and improves massively as the party grows) and the music is excellent throughout. Don’t sleep on Octopath 2.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Sakurazuka posted:

Patiently waiting for Stair Rail PS5 version

It's neat. PS5 (via remote play) might be the better way to play in bed because it doesn't have pad support on either mobile platform lol

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

Escobarbarian posted:

GOTY will be Zelda and a bunch of people will bring up how they thought it was overrated at every possible opportunity just like with BotW

Now seems like a good opportunity to mention I think BotW is overrated.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Escobarbarian posted:

GOTY will be Zelda and a bunch of people will bring up how they thought it was overrated at every possible opportunity just like with BotW

:hmmyes:

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

veni veni veni posted:

If I'm being honest, the more I dig back into Horizon the more I feel like a lot of my opinion on it was skewed by Elden Ring. Now that some time has passed I feel like I'm judging it more on it's own merits and enjoying it more thoroughly. It helps they made the upgrades less grindy. I hated the upgrade loop and just did not want to engage with it. Now I can at least appreciate what they were going for and since I am playing it with much less of a "let's just wrap this up" mindset, it's relatively fun to just go out and hunt stuff for upgrades. If it was up to me I'd change a lot about the whole progression system in the game, but at least I actually feel like engaging with it now. The DLC also rewards you with cool stuff for doing quests which I felt like was sorely lacking in the main game.

Also so much of the damage sponge element really just comes down to lovely gear. I didn't want to grind so I finished the game with bad stuff and lacked a lot of the elemental options I needed, which basically is like playing on hard mode. Now that I have decent stuff the game is ridiculously easy on normal. When I fired up the DLC playing on normal was akin to ultra hard in the first game. The game really screws you if you don't like spending hours collecting 10 Bellowback dicks or whatever.

But I'm loving it atm. The DLC is great (well, the set pieces and map are, the story is mehhhh) . I'm trying to pace myself so I don't finish it before wrapping up a good chunk of side quests I skipped in the main game. Might just max out the difficulty so I can stretch it out until Zelda.

Glad you're enjoying it more. This is pretty much my feeling, too. Elden Ring...even just the shadow of it...really cut into Horizon FW and the game is great and really deserving of attention on its own merits. It's a beautiful, fun game.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Gutcruncher posted:

Is there any way to make the ps4 version of a game stop appearing on my home screen if I pop in a ps4 disc but only have the PS5 upgrade installed? I swear when I played through FF7R it wasn’t doing this to me but maybe I’m misremembering?

I don't remember it doing that for FF7R either, I wonder if I'm just crazy but I put a good amount of time into the PS5 version upgraded from PS4 disc.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Finished the near future chapter in live a live and while it's had its moments this game isn't quite grabbing me like I thought it would. It is definitely an interesting experimental experience but there's something about how brief and disconnected each of the scenarios are that kinda works against it I feel. Not enough time to breathe, let these characters and narratives marinate.

Still, more to go. Only 3 chapters done so far and I'm aware there is something that ties it all together.. a final chapter.. but what that looks like I have no idea..!

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

acksplode posted:

In a lot of ways PC gaming is better than it's ever been

that is insanely sad and depressing

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
The only time I ever play a game on my significantly more powerful than PS5 PC is if it's a strategy game that demands a mouse. loving around with entertainment trying to force it to work sucks poo poo and is for the birds.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Magic Mango posted:

Word. I picked up a PS5 a couple of days ago along with a couple of the big name releases, but I also got Octopath 2 on a whim because I’d heard good buzz, and I’ve yet to play anything else.

The battle system is really good (though it takes a while to introduce all the mechanics and improves massively as the party grows) and the music is excellent throughout. Don’t sleep on Octopath 2.

Im sleeping on it. Its my bed of trash that i poop on inside the gaming industry's crawl space like a raccoon. All my rabid garbage babies were born on it while i was napping.

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

I don't remember it doing that for FF7R either, I wonder if I'm just crazy but I put a good amount of time into the PS5 version upgraded from PS4 disc.
FF7R is my one example of a game that definitely does this, at least for me. I've tried to remove the PS4 version a few times, but as long as I have the PS5 version installed, the icon always comes back, so I have to remember which of the two to actually launch.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

On the GOTY talk, this year is ridiculously stacked. I mean no one even mentioned Starfield? These are the guys that made freaking Skyrim and Fallout4. I still think Zelda is gonna be the favorite before the reviews. It could be that people find it too similar to BOTW and it doesn't get that same reception. But to me it actually looks like a way more fun BOTW with it's new crafting system.

Also there is always some indie games like Stray, Vampire Survivor, Valheim that could go viral and come out of nowhere.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Ulio posted:

On the GOTY talk, this year is ridiculously stacked. I mean no one even mentioned Starfield? These are the guys that made freaking Skyrim and Fallout4.

yes that would be why no one mentioned it

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
lol

CaptainRat
Apr 18, 2003

It seems the secret to your success is a combination of boundless energy and enthusiastic insolence...

Augus posted:

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Todd Howard

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Excited to buy Starfield GOTY edition on steam sale at some point in 2025 so it includes all the dlc that I will probably never get round to playing anyway and there’s a year+ worth of community bug fixing behind it

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

^Ya its definitely gonna be a pc game, looks its 30fps on Xbox.

Augus posted:

I mean I don't think it looks particularly good but it will probably in the talks if it is close to their other games.

Johnny Postnemonic
Apr 27, 2023

I want to get online...
I need to post!
Ill buy it on ps5 cos lol you know it. Everyone knows it.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Ulio posted:

On the GOTY talk, this year is ridiculously stacked. I mean no one even mentioned Starfield?

Ulio posted:

These are the guys that made freaking Skyrim and Fallout4.

Talk about answering your own question

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Oh maybe I should read the thread lol

Johnny Postnemonic
Apr 27, 2023

I want to get online...
I need to post!
Fallout 4 ps5 edition is out soon isnt it

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

I'd check it out if it gets dualsense combat but I wasn't fond of 4. Hell, I got the platinum for 3 and NV but I couldn't bring myself to finish any of 4's main questlines.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

I have no idea what they'd have to do with Fallout 5 to get me to play it. Dead, tired franchise imo

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

fridge corn posted:

I have no idea what they'd have to do with Fallout 5 to get me to play it. Dead, tired franchise imo

Either the NW centered on Seattle, the south centered on New Orleans, or upper Midwest centered on the Twin Cities.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

fridge corn posted:

Get rid of the voiced protagonist and focus on multiple responses again, let your actions matter in the overworld (or at least give the impression your actions make a difference)...

Oh, and bring back loving Skills. The worst part about Perks only is that every build homogenizes faster.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Mr Hootington posted:

Either the NW centered on Seattle, the south centered on New Orleans, or upper Midwest centered on the Twin Cities.

Oh yeah another grey/brown wasteland in Wherever the gently caress, USA really mixing up the formula there

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
Are there any deals going for PSN+ subs right now?

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh

fridge corn posted:

Let rope kid do it

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

They should at the very least put the loving dialogue system back the way it was instead of the mass effect loving ‘I don’t wanna say yes to this right now so I guess I’ll pick the closest option to “no” right here’ -> “gently caress you and I hope your whole family dies by the way have you seen my baby SHAUN?!” bullshit they used in 4

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh
I think they basically mea culpa'd that and confirmed that Starfield doesn't have any of that horseshit (or a voiced protagonist) so hopefully if they ever revisit Fallout (or :pray: let Obsidian do it) those lessons stay learned.

Johnny Postnemonic
Apr 27, 2023

I want to get online...
I need to post!

fridge corn posted:

theres been a lot of hints obsidian are doing something with it but could just be them loving with people. they did some steam update on stuff that was "newvegas2" or something if i recall. might have just been a bethesda employee trolling tho

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Johnny Postnemonic posted:

theres been a lot of hints obsidian are doing something with it but could just be them loving with people. they did some steam update on stuff that was "newvegas2" or something if i recall. might have just been a bethesda employee trolling tho

The thing is new vegas looks just as ugly and boring as the other fallout games. The only thing going for it is being better written and coming out before fallout 4 so the aesthetic wasn't worn as thin as it is now. Obsidian doing another fallout game isn't gonna fix it if it's still gonna look as ugly and boring as the other 3 games

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

even tho i told myself i wouldn't buy anymore games, i got a bug in my brain that couldn't be squashed until i bought dredge. just kept seeing a lot of interesting chatter about it and needed to scratch the curiosity itch.

it's pretty cute so far. simple mechanics and there's basically no learning curve. but, there are some details about both the core mechanics and the story/objectives that takes paying attention to, which helps keep it engaging.

i've only scratched the surface and characters are already acting suspicious and spooky. can't wait to see how crazy it gets.

e: oh yeah and i rolled credits on unpacking this past week. really charming and surprisingly moving. there's a story told through an insanely simple mechanic/gimmick.

not only did i play through it myself, but i convinced a buddy to play it and then he bought it and i watched him play the whole thing. then i watched a youtube video of some streamer playing through the whole thing. might be the undisputed king of "cozy games" for me. not only do i wish there was 2-player/couch co-op, but it also makes sense for the type of game it is, sharing the responsibility of unpacking and placing stuff. or a competitive timed mode? skies the limit. i don't think it'd happen anytime soon, but i'd buy a sequel day 1.

ShoogaSlim fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Apr 30, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

fridge corn posted:

Talk about answering your own question

Fallout 4 suppose to be ironically bad or actually bad? I didn't play it genuiely asking because I thought it got 10s and won multiple awards n poo poo.