Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

ngl whenever I see that stux is probed I follow his rap sheet straight to the place it happened and it is always a wild time

Last time it was the GBS feedback thread that led to SPR getting chaos dunked, and before that it led me to the Astralpocalypse.

this is why it's bad whenever a mod with an unspecified blood-born disease fills the lepers colony up with the same image a million times

they're blasting out jets of ink to obscure the actual funny stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!

The Saddest Rhino posted:

e: oh wtf they blink

wtf is The Kelp-Froth

anyway we have an LG TV and the user interface is literally the worst in human history. totally incomprehensible

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

wtf is The Kelp-Froth

anyway we have an LG TV and the user interface is literally the worst in human history. totally incomprehensible
I think "the Kelpfroths" are a family in the comic. Can't recall that strip. Might have come out in the 30 years since I read For Better or Worse.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

this is why it's bad whenever a mod with an unspecified blood-born disease fills the lepers colony up with the same image a million times

One of the mods has lupus???

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

no that's actually fine and not hepatitis, don't you dare quote me in order to make that claim

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!

B33rChiller posted:

I think "the Kelpfroths" are a family in the comic. Can't recall that strip. Might have come out in the 30 years since I read For Better or Worse.

Newspaper comics are weird as gently caress man. Has anyone else noticed this

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣
uhh, wait til we tell you about a little thing called webcomics

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009

Boba Pearl posted:

it's never lupus

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!

Douche Wolf 89 posted:

uhh, wait til we tell you about a little thing called webcomics

Webcomics are weird in a different way

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

The Kins posted:

I do wish that there were non-smart TVs still sold nowadays, because all the smart-TV poo poo is usually just a worse version of the stuff that's already on whatever other boxes are usually hooked up to TVs (Chromecasts, Apple TVs, cable boxes, game consoles etc. etc.). My current TV takes about 30 seconds to turn on because it has to boot into Android, which is pretty absurd, esp. when considering my previous, non-smart TV just snapped on in like a second.

you can still buy them (i think, i briefly considered it when my son broke my tv but instead i just went to walmart lol) on amazon, commercial TVs do not have a lot of smart features. downside is they are more expensive for some reason and you have to get them online so no same day tv acquisition.

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
you get them as a sweetener when you buy a car

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

lobster shirt posted:

. downside is they are more expensive for some reason

Tv manufacturers either harvest your data from the smart features or sell off that capability to others, that income stream is reflected in the price differences (and this is why you should use a separate box and never the on-TV apps)

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!
Maybe that's why the interface sucks so much, to make it heard to even discern if you are using a box.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
i got an open box deal on a samsung and it's a good tv but Samsung software is designed by the actual devil

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Just get a large computer monitor.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

if you just want a no-frills, nice-looking tv for cheap the TCL 4 and 5 series are where it's at; above that I think the LG OLED stuff is still king.

e: i just checked and a 55" 4-series is $279 at Best Buy lmao, that's absurdly cheap.

their interfaces are also relatively low-bullshit compared to some of the other brands (and you can choose if you want the built-in Roku or Google TV model) but yeah you're probably gonna want to grab one of the newer Chromecasts, they're really nice and whatever processor is in them is a much smoother experience than the built-in one on literally any TV

our living room tv is a top-of-the-line-in-2007 Panasonic Viera 55" plasma - it weighs 99 pounds and heats up the living room in the winter real nice

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Snow Cone Capone posted:

our living room tv is a top-of-the-line-in-2007 Panasonic Viera 55" plasma - it weighs 99 pounds and heats up the living room in the winter real nice

Hah this is exactly what I have in my bedroom and yeah, it puts of a ton of heat.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
*worms my way out of the vents like a queer little huntsman*

What you should really do, instead of getting a chromecast or something like that is get a raspberry pi for less than 50$ and put linux on it, then you can stream whatever the hell you want with adblock, without worrying about all these apps and streaming center bullshit. The corporations want your data, make'em work for it.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

i just use plex on the chromecast :shrug:

the living room tv is hooked directly into the plex server but it's easier to use chromecasts for the other tvs

Frank Frank posted:

Hah this is exactly what I have in my bedroom and yeah, it puts of a ton of heat.

it still looks fantastic too, definitely my best big-trash-day find

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Where are you getting a pi for less than 50 bucks nowdays?

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Terrible Opinions posted:

Where are you getting a pi for less than 50 bucks nowdays?

You just get a knock off like this: https://www.amazon.com/Libre-Computer-AML-S905X-CC-Potato-64-bit/dp/B074P6BNGZ/

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

hey i've actually used these at work! and yeah for just stuff running off the OS these are great, but the GPIOs and a bunch of other under-the-hood stuff are different so YMMV if you're doing anything fancy with them

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

oh lol precision got ba--

Oxxidation posted:

two months later new poster simone magus showed up, i think they claimed to be a transgender therapist or something. they were very obviously a precision rereg because they posted in the same places and claimed to know nothing of them but also had some opinions on how they were treated

BWAHAHAHAHA

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
The amount of effort people go to in order to own their posting enemies is very tiring and seems like you just end up owning yourself, I would simply never do that

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
its a waste of energy arguing with forum enemies when you could instead be posting about video games

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I just have to laugh because they'd had a lot of people going with that transgender therapist bit even though they acted way too crazy to ever be hired to handle other people's situations

however,

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

its a waste of energy arguing with forum enemies when you could instead be posting about video games

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
Imagine having forum enemies. Who has that kind of energy. I'm too old to dislike people.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

HopperUK posted:

Imagine having forum enemies. Who has that kind of energy. I'm too old to dislike people.

oh hopper I finally posted in a browser the other day and realized the gangtags had come off. ty dogg

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

grieving for Gandalf posted:

oh hopper I finally posted in a browser the other day and realized the gangtags had come off. ty dogg

:cheers:

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

Boba Pearl posted:

*worms my way out of the vents like a queer little huntsman*

My brain interpreted huntsman as a person who hunts and was really confused for a moment.

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

HopperUK posted:

Just you wait until you have a bad management game opinion and you will feel the full power of my posting wrath

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

HopperUK posted:

Been thinking this for years.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Anime Store Adventure posted:

Just you wait until you have a bad management game opinion and you will feel the full power of my posting wrath

I use trucks in Satisfactory :twisted:

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Leal posted:

I use trucks in Satisfactory :twisted:

post in cspam so i may punish you

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Anime Store Adventure posted:

:ohdear:

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Boba Pearl posted:

No, no, the mods are lupine. They have the beast frenzy, ergo Bloodborne.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Nuns with Guns posted:

No, no, the mods are lupine. They have the beast frenzy, ergo Bloodborne.

more like the mods are playing a white wolf game.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

NoiseAnnoys posted:

more like the mods are playing a white wolf game.

My last experience playing a White Wolf game was with some furries who made vampires who had been hibernating for 300 years. They kept derailing every conversation by demanding we explain a word in the prior sentence to them, like "the 1980s" and "television" and "the n-word." My character left and I quit the game after that. I haven't had a great run of luck with dedicated fans of those games.

Anyway, at least this looks awesome:

https://twitter.com/b0tster/status/1652023301286313984

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

dracula demanding the latest updates on phrenology

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

Nuns with Guns posted:

My last experience playing a White Wolf game was with some furries who made vampires who had been hibernating for 300 years. They kept derailing every conversation by demanding we explain a word in the prior sentence to them, like "the 1980s" and "television" and "the n-word." My character left and I quit the game after that. I haven't had a great run of luck with dedicated fans of those games.

I've had mostly excellent tabletop gaming experiences but every single interaction with someone involved in a white wolf rpg of any kind has left me uncomfortable lmao

The mage guys I ran into were almost normal until one of them randomly said "15 will get you 20" sadly for no reason. The vampire and werewolf folks were freaks from the word go.