Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

m.hache posted:

Did I miss what a "follow up attack" is? I'm getting a lot of the synergy cards in world 1 and have no idea how to trigger it.

follow up attacks are when a character attacks automatically when a condition is met - like March 7th when a shielded character is attacked

VVVV exactly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

m.hache posted:

Did I miss what a "follow up attack" is? I'm getting a lot of the synergy cards in world 1 and have no idea how to trigger it.

My guess is that a follow-up attack is like the thing Himeko did when she joined the party for a bit. Or March's attacks when enemies attack shielded allies.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

m.hache posted:

A follow-up attack is any attack that takes place outside of a character's turn, the example you'd probably recognize is March's counterattacks whenever an enemy hits a shield. Himeko also has one that follows-up on attacks that hit weaknesses, and you got a chance to play with her in the Prologue. Herta also has one that triggers when an enemy is brought below 50% HP.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 7 days!)

at least the other made sure to put it in spoilers so you knew to scroll past the mile long black box

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

m.hache posted:

follow-up attack is kind of weird wording, its any attack that is triggered automatically without you having to select an action. so counters, yangqing's bonus attack, etc. its not 'bonus damage' like dots or whatever.

basically anything where the character actually does an animation but you didnt select an action to trigger that

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Oh, I didn't realize Yanqing's proc would count. I was thinking of it as "additional damage" like Sushang's.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Clarste posted:

Oh, I didn't realize Yanqing's proc would count. I was thinking of it as "additional damage" like Sushang's.

yanqing's proc is actually the only thing in the game that actually uses the phrase 'follow-up attack' im pretty sure lmao

Setec_Astronomy
Mar 10, 2003

there's nothing wrong with you that an expensive operation can't prolong

Notably, Clara’s counters are follow-ups, which lets you do some extremely busted things with those blessings.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Endorph posted:

dog one person got told that their posts were kind of boring this isnt 9/11

people have literally posted 50x more about how this 1 dudes posts sucks, you could have all just shut the gently caress up and scrolled for 0.5 second and moved on with your day instead of all this worthless loving whining

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Indecisive posted:

people have literally posted 50x more about how this 1 dudes posts sucks, you could have all just shut the gently caress up and scrolled for 0.5 second and moved on with your day instead of all this worthless loving whining
51 posts now... just like in hit video game honkai star rail, we're learning sometimes that aggressively going after a problem only makes it worse, on all sides...

therefore, ive decided that we must never let anyone know that these posts happened

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

Well, got Bronya from starter banner and won the 50/50 to get Seele. I can finally quit the game now.

house of the dad fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Apr 30, 2023

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

m.hache posted:

Stuff like March or Claras counterattack

E: guess i should have refreshed the thread

Kale
May 14, 2010

Indecisive posted:

In all honesty the only reason I even did another one of those today was like I said some people found it interesting last time even though Endorph took grave offense. Since Endorph apparently runs this thread too like several other anime/game ones that they are involved in and remains in charge of telling people what they are allowed to post or not its just not worth the constant beefing like I said, and it was clearly my mistake to put other people's seeming interest ahead of Endorph's and several others personal lack of interest which I suppose takes takes priority. I'd only really have Welt to cover anyway of the currently present characters. He's a pretty cool interesting character too.

:lol: at somebody actually posting an entire wikipedia entry though without any spoiler tagging whatsoever just to beef and try to make some bizarre point. Really considerate stuff there. Note the stark differences between the extremely bad posting I did and their good posting.

Kale fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Apr 30, 2023

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
some of these quests are boring because they seem like they should be quick/doable in 5 minutes but then you get there and there's this long chain of events that takes way more than 5 minutes.

anyway its more entertaining reading people fighting itt than to do boring quests itg

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
For an actual post, what are all the things I need to do before the end of this week that will get reset? I already bought the 5+5 passes from the shop using wish currency, am trying to hit AR30 so that I can do the higher lvl version of this dungeon that i get 3 clears per week, and I guess go as far as I can in the sim world. Is there anything else that resets?

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

Kale posted:

In all honesty the only reason I even did another one of those today was like I said some people found it interesting last time even though Endorph took grave offense. Since Endorph apparently runs this thread too like several other anime/game ones that they are involved in and remains in charge of telling people what they are allowed to post or not its just not worth the constant beefing like I said, and it was clearly my mistake to put other people's seeming interest ahead of Endorph's and several others personal lack of interest which I suppose takes takes priority. I'd only really have Welt to cover anyway of the currently present characters. He's a pretty cool interesting character too.

:lol: at somebody actually posting an entire wikipedia entry though without any spoiler tagging whatsoever just to beef and try to make some bizarre point. Really considerate stuff there. Note the stark differences between the extremely bad posting I did and their good posting.

read usernames not avatars

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Kale posted:

Since Endorph apparently runs this thread too like several other anime/game ones that they are involved in and remains in charge of telling people what they are allowed to post or not its just not worth the constant beefing like I said, and it was clearly my mistake to put other people's seeming interest ahead of Endorph's
dude what the hell are you talking about? what is this deranged obsession. here is all i said about your posts

Endorph posted:

mostly i just wish the posts were written better than a google translated wiki

i never once told you to stop making them or acted like you somehow had to bow to my demands. i just said i thought they were poorly written. please stop being so weird.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
I think the anger/resentment over the lore posts is weird because 1) literally just put two people on ignore and you'll stop seeing them 2) it's not going to make the game worse or "take it away" from other fans, it's basically fanfiction.

But

Boris Galerkin posted:

anyway its more entertaining reading people fighting itt than to do boring quests itg

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Boris Galerkin posted:

For an actual post, what are all the things I need to do before the end of this week that will get reset? I already bought the 5+5 passes from the shop using wish currency, am trying to hit AR30 so that I can do the higher lvl version of this dungeon that i get 3 clears per week, and I guess go as far as I can in the sim world. Is there anything else that resets?
Apart from the weekly battle pass missions? I think that's it.

Notably, you still get Herta Points for reclearing earlier sim universe levels, if you want to hit the cap and pushing deeper looks like it'll be too painful.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Honestly the most annoying thing for me about the long HI3 wiki post The obviously milquetoast wiki explination of Sisterly love for Bronya/Seele....they gay

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Honestly the most annoying thing for me about the long HI3 wiki post The obviously milquetoast wiki explination of Sisterly love for Bronya/Seele....they gay

Seele repeatedly calls Bronya her sister, so it's both.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

SatoshiMiwa posted:

To be fair they do call each other sisters, but it feels in the same way as in America Haruka and Michiru are cousins. Bronya/Seele get the rare honor of actually being depicted kissing in official media. They are as confirmed a couple as Kiana and Mei are.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

On a lighter note, you get 1 free 5* after 300 pulls in the regular banner.

Also I disliked Sampo because dude ditched me during main points in the story and gave me a janky treasure map that just led to mining equipment ( though he did give me a better treasure map after I threatened to kick his butt).

Also seele picking fights with people and Natasha offering support ( emotional?) during the boss robot fight when I thought she’d really help.

:mad:

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

I read the lore connection posts in the early days of the Genshin thread but stopped because some of the connections obviously only existed in the head of the person writing the post and I had no way of telling if the other connections were too without actually playing Honkai (which would be way too much work just to evaluate the correctness of a forums post)

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Eimi posted:

To be fair they do call each other sisters, but it feels in the same way as in America Haruka and Michiru are cousins. Bronya/Seele get the rare honor of actually being depicted kissing in official media. They are as confirmed a couple as Kiana and Mei are.
the sisters thing is one of those things that doesnt translate well because in a cn sense the two people of the same sex who arent actually related calling each other brothers/sisters = gay coding thing is all over old fiction and in a jp sense the whole 'sisters' thing is really common in old yuri manga from the 80s/90s. its not really like american haruka and michiru more just playing into tropes.

Sam Sanskrit
Mar 18, 2007

Endorph posted:

dog one person got told that their posts were kind of boring this isnt 9/11

People who were nerding out about a thing in a thread for it were called uncharismatic pedants by a gang of annoying bullies.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Sam Sanskrit posted:

People who were nerding out about a thing in a thread for it were called uncharismatic pedants by a gang of annoying bullies.
well after reading his post about me ive decided he is an uncharismatic pedant

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

I enjoy Hook's ultimate voice line in cn.

dadadadadada.... BOOM

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

I enjoy Hook's ultimate voice line in cn.

dadadadadada.... BOOM
i think eng clara is meant to be saying 'look out' but it sounds like 'woohoo!'

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

Endorph posted:

well after reading his post about me ive decided he is an uncharismatic pedant

You're acting kind of like a self-centered brat and probably should chill out a little bit. Nobody's obsessed with you. You're exacerbating your own problem.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Endorph posted:

the sisters thing is one of those things that doesnt translate well because in a cn sense the two people of the same sex who arent actually related calling each other brothers/sisters = gay coding thing is all over old fiction and in a jp sense the whole 'sisters' thing is really common in old yuri manga from the 80s/90s. its not really like american haruka and michiru more just playing into tropes.

I didn't know that was a trope in CN stuff, cool to learn. I do know in Japanese you can sometimes refer to someone with a familial term but not have to be related.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

TV Zombie posted:

Also I disliked Sampo because dude ditched me during main points in the story and gave me a janky treasure map that just led to mining equipment ( though he did give me a better treasure map after I threatened to kick his butt).

Sampo rules in a very "love to hate him" sense. It's like "ugh, sampo :rolleyes:" and "oh boy, sampo :allears:" in the same character. In the same cutscene, sometimes, even. :v:

E: I hope he shows up in future worlds with zero explanation whatsoever.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Y'all are just mean for no good reason. I get that this is SA and that has A Brand and all but the last three pages was just people being toxic assholes. If you're gonna commit to the brand you should at least be funny.

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006

Sam Sanskrit posted:

:qq:

I think I'm almost off the icehell planet. the npcs are too drat wordy and it's annoying how picky the game is about letting you skip dialogue, but at least its more charming than genshin. just hope they don't do the same thing where your quests can get logjammed because an npc is standing somewhere for a different quest.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Just beat the final boss of Belobog, that was cool.

Time to figure out how to set up my team considering that fire TB and Clara don't synergise too well.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

house of the dad posted:

You're acting kind of like a self-centered brat and probably should chill out a little bit. Nobody's obsessed with you. You're exacerbating your own problem.

They are literally calling her out by name even though I'm the one who started this.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

house of the dad posted:

They made this entire argument about me even though I didn't start it and barely contributed to it?

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

house of the dad posted:

you should also look at usernames and not similar avatars

lmao

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
I ended up dropping fire mc even though their utility is really good because I liked Clara's counters too much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006
losing the bat is a huge style downgrade as well, frankly