Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

PageMaster posted:

Thanks! I found that playnite resets the resolution on exit, and also has options to put the PC to hibernate in its menu. So asfar as I can tell, I need to make sure to exit the game to desktop, then either exit playnite, or tell it to shut the PC down. I'm not sure if telling playnite to shut down the computer also counts as exiting it and has it reset the resolution or not, though.

https://github.com/cgarst/gamestream_launchpad this is what I was using and it looks like it is configurable for what you want. I haven't used it in a while but I'm sure it still works fine. You can edit one of the playnite bat files to use the deck resolution and then launch from that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Playing Tales of Arise for the first time since completing it way back at launch, but this time on Steam Deck, and the game plays really well on the Deck, and still looks beautiful.

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Delpino posted:

Playing it now, runs very well and enjoyable so far.

Nice! Any idea how long in 'til multiplayer?

Question Mark Mound posted:

There’s an old indie game called Warning Forever that I desperately want nice images for on SteamGridDB but they’ve been closed for new game submissions for ages now. :(

Oh man, all of that guy's games were dope. That and whoever made TUMIKI Fighters, which is basically the Katamari of shmups.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Lol I forgot this thing can do in home streaming. The best

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Gyshall posted:

Lol I forgot this thing can do in home streaming. The best

I have a lot of issues with it. :( this was something I wanted to use a lot of, but it almost never works for me.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Dorfromantik is fun and chill. Great before bed game.

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?
I love Dorfromantik but I find it too dangerous to be legitimately chill because a full game takes a long time and I will completely lose track of that time while I'm playing.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

I said come in! posted:

I have a lot of issues with it. :( this was something I wanted to use a lot of, but it almost never works for me.
Yeah, even if it starts out strong, I eventually run into framerate issues, and I'm not even particularly fussy about FPS. I haven't had the chance to try out Moonlight yet though.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Commander Keene posted:

Yeah, even if it starts out strong, I eventually run into framerate issues, and I'm not even particularly fussy about FPS. I haven't had the chance to try out Moonlight yet though.

That, and I wanted to play Yakuza 0 through streaming to the Deck, but the controls wouldn't work. That game thankfully plays perfectly natively.

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

I said come in! posted:

That, and I wanted to play Yakuza 0 through streaming to the Deck, but the controls wouldn't work. That game thankfully plays perfectly natively.

half the time, if you go between docked and handheld, it doesn't miss a beat either. anything that works like that all the time, that's like gold star verified. haven't seen one like that yet.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

Suburban Dad posted:

Dorfromantik is fun and chill. Great before bed game.

I seem to have a serious defect, because Dorfromantik is anything but chill. Your cards are always on the verge of running out and you are clawing momentary respite from the jaws of defeat all the time.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Paradoxish posted:

I love Dorfromantik but I find it too dangerous to be legitimately chill because a full game takes a long time and I will completely lose track of that time while I'm playing.

I just started playing this and ran into that also. I need to remember to not do "one more game" and just use the sleep function (for deck and self).

Antigravitas posted:

I seem to have a serious defect, because Dorfromantik is anything but chill. Your cards are always on the verge of running out and you are clawing momentary respite from the jaws of defeat all the time.

I can see that. The music and vibe is pretty lax which I really like.

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

The ocean is calling and I must go

Athanatos posted:

Since I finished Dredge up, what are some other non-sim fishing games for the deck?

Less Fishing Planet or Rapala something, and more Dredge or Stardew level of fishing. WoW level of travel around grinding a fishing skill and getting different lunkers around the world would be great. Red Dead 2 fishing is fantastic also.

Beastie posted:

I have had Dave the Diver on my wishlist for a bit now. Might be worth looking into.

Dave the Diver is great fun, and Roots of Pacha has a Stardew type fishing aspect and is great on deck

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?
Out of curiosity, are you guys having trouble with in-home streaming using wifi? I've been using it pretty regularly for years, but I've always had my Steam Link/TV/Steam Deck wired into the network while streaming, and my desktop also uses a wired connection. I usually find it to be a pretty flawless experience, even for really long play sessions. It's my main way to play PC games on the TV in our den.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Ethernet is unfortunately not an option for me, either on my Deck or my PC. Wi-Fi is my only choice.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Athanatos posted:

Since I finished Dredge up, what are some other non-sim fishing games for the deck?

Less Fishing Planet or Rapala something, and more Dredge or Stardew level of fishing. WoW level of travel around grinding a fishing skill and getting different lunkers around the world would be great. Red Dead 2 fishing is fantastic also.

Sea of Thieves

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Anyone else randomly get hosed up and static-y audio after unsuspending some games? I assume it's an issue with the suspend mode which they aren't actually designed for, but rebooting seems to be the only way to fix it. Really inconsistent when it hits.

LeFishy
Jul 21, 2010

Fuzz posted:

Anyone else randomly get hosed up and static-y audio after unsuspending some games? I assume it's an issue with the suspend mode which they aren't actually designed for, but rebooting seems to be the only way to fix it. Really inconsistent when it hits.

Yeah I do! I got it consistently with Jedi Fallen Order but I thought the wifi debug mode fix sorted it. But now I sometimes get it in Wylde Flowers. I wonder if there was an OS update in between that reverted that particular setting.

Can’t quite remember what it was exactly but it was a developer mode option about wifi power saving I think? Can someone back me up?

Edit: just gone and checked my settings and the wifi power management is still turned off so I guess it was just a placebo.

LeFishy fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Apr 30, 2023

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

LeFishy posted:

Yeah I do! I got it consistently with Jedi Fallen Order but I thought the wifi debug mode fix sorted it. But now I sometimes get it in Wylde Flowers. I wonder if there was an OS update in between that reverted that particular setting.

Can’t quite remember what it was exactly but it was a developer mode option about wifi power saving I think? Can someone back me up?

Edit: just gone and checked my settings and the wifi power management is still turned off so I guess it was just a placebo.

Yeah I'm getting it pretty consistently in Revengeance, whereas Guacamelee and Dust were both fine throughout. No clue.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Chilling out on a long train ride playing Panzer Dragoon Saga on the Deck. Livin the dream.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Beve Stuscemi posted:

Well, I think I might be RMA’ing ye olde deck. I was playing last night and my left trackpad was suddenly really hot, like nearly skin-burningly hot

Apparently I’m not the only one: https://www.reddit.com/r/SteamDeck/comments/xy1y1o/my_left_trackpad_gets_really_hot_anybody_got_an

https://www.reddit.com/r/SteamDeck/comments/tjpecf/right_touchpad_too_hot_to_touch/

It gets so hot I’m worried about it literally burning up. The only solution is turning the deck off.

I guess it’s back to my switch lite until my deck gets back.

Really hoping Valve hurries up and RMA's my deck because yikes, take a gander at this thermal image I took

The thermal image is based off skin temperature, so the blue sections are at or below normal human skin temperature (so, about 95-98 degrees Fahrenheit), the green sections and yellow are slightly above skin temperature, the red sections are warm compared to skin temperature, and the white sections are significantly above skin temperature.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Beve Stuscemi posted:

Really hoping Valve hurries up and RMA's my deck because yikes, take a gander at this thermal image I took

The hell's going on in there? Thermal paste that isn't properly applied? Chips overclocking due to a bug? Defective battery? Several issues at once? That image is wild.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Its definitely the trackpad getting hot, you can see the temp falls off immediately outside the trackpad, unless there is some chip centered perfectly under the trackpad. A short maybe? I guess it could be a software bug making a chip run at 100% all the time

Also that image was from a cold boot where the deck had been sitting powered off for two days, so it definitely started at ambient temp. That heat is just from sitting at the main menu that you can see on the left, no games or heavy loads of any kind

Beve Stuscemi fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Apr 30, 2023

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000

Beastie posted:

I have had Dave the Diver on my wishlist for a bit now. Might be worth looking into.

Paradoxish posted:

Intergalactic fishing maybe? Haven't tried it on the SD but now that I'm typing this post I really want to.

edit- like if you're just after an extremely chill fishing game where you can make number go up and the point is literally to explore the world looking for the biggest fish you can find then IF may never let go of you

Much love for these.

Intergalactic Fishing seems like a lose your life forever type of game.

Beve Stuscemi posted:

Its definitely the trackpad getting hot

Beta Version of Steam Deck 2 with an electric flat top touchpad for getting eggs and hashbrowns going first thing in the morning.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

it is your destiny to master the hot thumb technique

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Beve Stuscemi posted:

The thermal image is based off skin temperature, so the blue sections are at or below normal human skin temperature (so, about 95-98 degrees Fahrenheit), the green sections and yellow are slightly above skin temperature, the red sections are warm compared to skin temperature, and the white sections are significantly above skin temperature.

That's... one hell of a unique issue I don't think anyone's reported.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Valve you rat! You gave me the old spicy trackpad!

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

My money is on a short. Don't use that thing and keep us updated on the RMA.

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

it is your destiny to master the hot thumb technique

lol

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

sigher posted:

That's... one hell of a unique issue I don't think anyone's reported.

Weirdly it’s not just me https://www.reddit.com/r/SteamDeck/comments/xy1y1o/my_left_trackpad_gets_really_hot_anybody_got_an

It’s even from another super dork who owns a thermal camera lol

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

malae fidei cum XI_XXVI_MMIX
I would bet that's a broken contact to the heatsink/heatpipe.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

You assume it’s just another super dork, could be a Predator

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Oh gently caress, I never even considered it

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Beve Stuscemi posted:

Weirdly it’s not just me https://www.reddit.com/r/SteamDeck/comments/xy1y1o/my_left_trackpad_gets_really_hot_anybody_got_an

It’s even from another super dork who owns a thermal camera lol
I was going to say, I'm not sure what's weirder, your weird Steam Deck issue or the fact that you own a thermal camera :v:

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.

History Comes Inside! posted:

You assume it’s just another super dork, could be a Predator

Predators are basically giga larpers, so in effect, are the alpha super dorks.

PageMaster
Nov 4, 2009
Good do resolutions work with Moonlight and the desk screen? I believe the deck screen is 800p, so if I stream at 1080p, will the image not be accurate? Are there specific resolutions I need to stick with (like anything that 800p can divide onto evenly), or does it mostly just not matter?

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

malae fidei cum XI_XXVI_MMIX

PageMaster posted:

Good do resolutions work with Moonlight and the desk screen? I believe the deck screen is 800p, so if I stream at 1080p, will the image not be accurate? Are there specific resolutions I need to stick with (like anything that 800p can divide onto evenly), or does it mostly just not matter?

The screen is 16:10 ratio and the common resolutions are 16:9 so you'll get thin black bars displaying those on the Deck. The image will be accurate just taking a bit less screen space. It's not a big deal.

an iksar marauder
May 6, 2022

An iksar marauder glowers at you dubiously -- looks like quite a gamble.

Beve Stuscemi posted:

What the gently caress

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!

an iksar marauder posted:

What the gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

Do we have any indication yet how either Street Fighter 6 or Tekken 8 are going to run on the Deck yet? Any worry or reason to believe they’ll be too much to run decently?

Interested in both games but nobody needs a fighter running at anything less than a flat 60.