Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Arc Hammer posted:

I mean that really is the crux of the conflict with Prospera, isn't it? Can Suletta say no and what will it take for her to actually say no? I almost feel like it'll come down to Prospera telling Suletta to kill Miorine for something or other that will be the ultimate test.

Yeah, absolutely. And maybe it will come down to Suletta needing to be literally deprogrammed, but I don't think that's what's going on. It doesn't really line up with how Prospera herself behaves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Hogama posted:

Even with the confirmations this episode, the Suletta=Lfrith wild theory isn't necessarily out of the running yet, since it's hypothesizing about the AI, not the suit. It's possible that Prospera attempted to pull Eri's data back out of Lfrith early on to give her daughter a new body and end up downloading the other nascent personality instead, perhaps something about attempting it below Permet Score 8. As for how that could happen, well, permet's all about basically magically transferring information in the first place, and perhaps the less developed mind was simply easier to transplant. And even a half-success would convince her that she was on the right track, she just needed to expand the scope, which would mean maximizing her resources by going to the head of the Benerit Group.

Not really my own main idea but I'm not immediately dismissive of it for thematic reasons.

I like this idea because it could also explain why Suletta talks to the Bits as "everyone." If she's the Llfrith AI she's familiar with the Bits in a more intimate way than a human might be.

I've seen quite a few funny pictures on Twitter already so once we ease off on spoilers for thos episode I'll post some.

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 11:55 on Apr 30, 2023

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Here's one I liked that was just a fan art for the first preview picture.

Hellbore
Jan 25, 2012
Re: Suletta and Prospera

I think the break is going to come when Suletta is given a hard choice between Prospera and Miorine. As she is now, Suletta would, reluctantly, choose Prospera, so there needs to be at least one more moment where she's challenged, but it's slowly happening.
They hinted at this with the tomatoes during the greenhouse talk. Miorine's was fully red and mature, while Suletta's was still partially green, but was starting to turn red.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
you might say it was still immature.

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Prospera's thirst for vengeance rules. Makes me wish I had some revenge in my life to keep me focused and motivated.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I don’t want anyone to be alone in a room with Prospera anymore.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

She'll gentle magician them into doing the right thing, whether they like it or not.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Cao Ni Ma posted:

She'll gentle magician them into doing the right thing, whether they like it or not.

Hello my future gund bi- I mean, Suletta's friends!

https://twitter.com/G_Witch_M/status/1652598670175637504?t=0to7UAakgFEygxn5aKCf_w&s=19

There's gonna be so many Prospera memes from these episode preview images alone.

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 13:18 on Apr 30, 2023

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

I loved when the camera cut away from this dramatic pose and Belmeria is just frozen in terror at Prospera staring her down with arms aloft. And that loving shrug afterwards. She's the best.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Hey, Norea? See this? You see what Sabina is doing here? Not beating the poo poo out of someone? I mean, I still don't like Sabina that much but at least she's not exactly a sociopath like that green haired prick Maisie.

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 13:48 on Apr 30, 2023

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Also Mamiko Noto is killing it as Prospera. Absolute chills at her performance.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Prospera is such a fantastic character

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Holy poo poo, what an episode

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sx8CJBr1nd0

I felt this twice in the episode.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Smartest Gundam side character

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Obviously, they'll make their own decision, but after today's ep I fully expect cours 3 and 4. :woop:

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I hope so too but I can certainly see them resolving the core conflict of the show in the remaining episodes at the pace they're going. I don't see them resolving the issue of Earth vs Space in that time nor would I expect them to. Destroying capitalism takes time.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
I'd be fine either way. Having a good 25-ish episode show is better than a 48 ep show with misses and filler sprinkled in. Obviously a fire 48 ep show would be ideal but it's pretty hard to execute fully all the way through.

Also I think the animators might die.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
A fire would kill the animators, yes.

Scallop Eyes
Oct 16, 2021

Hellbore posted:

I think the break is going to come when Suletta is given a hard choice between Prospera and Miorine. As she is now, Suletta would, reluctantly, choose Prospera, so there needs to be at least one more moment where she's challenged, but it's slowly happening.
They hinted at this with the tomatoes during the greenhouse talk. Miorine's was fully red and mature, while Suletta's was still partially green, but was starting to turn red.

At this point I'm half expecting Eri to have to choose between Suletta and Prospera too.From what we've seem, she's pretty close with her sister, but we don't know how she feels about her mom yet, so I believe she would side with Suletta.

I'm torn wheter Prospera would be happy with it, or if that is what would make her finally break.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

amigolupus posted:

LMAO that people were speculating Guel and Olcott would have a buddy-cop duo adventure on Earth, and then this episode just had Guel get to Asticassia almost immediately.

Yeah, I was really hoping to see Olcott lurking around somewhere, but looks like Bob had an uneventful trip up the space elevator. Oh well!

What a great episode, so many different things going on. I like that we're getting a picture of the world outside of Benerit, they're not the only corporate entity, and there is some sort of larger spacian government out there. Presumably they just don't care that much about what's going on back on Earth, if corporate security running around blowing up protestors with mobile suits only gets them lightly concerned. Very apt, and fitting for modern warfar, it's like the whole planet is the global south.

Also, between all the tomato symbolism and Aerial almost pulling a YE GUILTY on El5n, this show really feels like a love letter to Big O.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Has anything been said if the dub is going to keep going with Season 2 episodes or of they're going to release the S2 dub a few months down the line? I'll keep my eyes open this evening, hopefully it's the former.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
https://twitter.com/ippeigyoubu/status/1652590662582431747?s=46&t=K6CRMiA33aFQep_ZPx64DQ

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

Scallop Eyes posted:

At this point I'm half expecting Eri to have to choose between Suletta and Prospera too.From what we've seem, she's pretty close with her sister, but we don't know how she feels about her mom yet, so I believe she would side with Suletta.

I'm torn wheter Prospera would be happy with it, or if that is what would make her finally break.

I'm wondering if ED2 is foreshadowing what happens with Eri and Suletta, and maybe all the bit-kids?

To me it reads like Eri is going to possess or merge with Suletta. Aerial puts her hand into Suletta's heart, Suletta's hairband flies off and her hair falls down, signifying her change. When her hair is down she is showing blue Permet lines, which we have only seen on Eri because Suletta never has to deal with data storms while piloting Aerial. The dancing "Suletta" that appears after this transformation feels much more serious than Suletta normally is, then all these extra hands appear, maybe the bit-kids will get bodies too?

I could just be reading too much into nothing, of course :v:

Diephoon fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Apr 30, 2023

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/greatestjubilee/status/1652714266150019072?s=20

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

chiasaur11 posted:

I think we need to acknowledge rocket launcher guy.

Cutting edge Mobile suit walks up, it gets loving one-shot by a handheld missile launcher. Not even an IGLOO style Regina jobby where you've got a squad serviced weapon. This thing looked more like a loving Type 69 RPG.

Even Mellowlink would call that an impressive kill.

The thing shrugged it off though

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

Supesudandi wa, kukan-nai no dandidesu

I'm pretty sure it slumped beside the building - not a destroyed suit but a pilot kill

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Going back to rewatch and oof, that greenhouse scene is so good but it is just so drat sad. The person you love can't hear what you're saying without the brick wall that is Prospera blocking the message.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Arc Hammer posted:

I hope so too but I can certainly see them resolving the core conflict of the show in the remaining episodes at the pace they're going. I don't see them resolving the issue of Earth vs Space in that time nor would I expect them to. Destroying capitalism takes time.

Consider, however

I WANT more

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
The scene at the end really made me think Prospera is going to drop an ultimatum of "Help me create Quiet Zero and I'll leave Suletta alone", that seems up her alley.

everydayfalls
Aug 23, 2016

Justin_Brett posted:

The scene at the end really made me think Prospera is going to drop an ultimatum of "Help me create Quiet Zero and I'll leave Suletta alone", that seems up her alley.

That seems to be explicitly what she is saying.

My bet is quite zero is triggered at the end of this cour but we get the next two as a more traditional gundam show with the earth crew flying around on their ship. I would expect shaddiq to have a mask next season, and all that that implies.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLUYc5vahZ0

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Quiet Zero is the titular Tempest of this The Tempest homage.

Engineered by Proserpa to get a set of characters in a location she has control over so she can have her carefully engineered revenge.We're not even at the start of the play yet!

It's a data storm!!

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

Begemot posted:

Quiet Zero is the titular Tempest of this The Tempest homage.

Engineered by Proserpa to get a set of characters in a location she has control over so she can have her carefully engineered revenge.We're not even at the start of the play yet!

It's a data storm!!

Prospera really is a magician, hiding this in plain view of the audience the entire time.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

everydayfalls posted:

That seems to be explicitly what she is saying.

My bet is quite zero is triggered at the end of this cour but we get the next two as a more traditional gundam show with the earth crew flying around on their ship. I would expect shaddiq to have a mask next season, and all that that implies.

Bonus points if he literally takes Prospera's mask and starts wearing it

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

I have achieved previously undreamt-of levels of "what the actual gently caress Prospera?"

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

:stonklol: this whole episode

lol at Sabina quickly shooting Shaddiq down when he went "you know if we supported Miorine she could-"

I mean this is the guy that stood on a table so he could glare down on his wheelchair-bound dad

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
https://twitter.com/takakui/status/1652592373929594880

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
Suletta’s friends ask her "if your mom jumped off a bridge, would you?

Arc Hammer posted:

Going back to rewatch and oof, that greenhouse scene is so good but it is just so drat sad. The person you love can't hear what you're saying without the brick wall that is Prospera blocking the message.

I literally let out an audible "OOF" when Suletta said "so mom was right" and Miroine clenched her shoulders. They did such a great job building up to Miorine’s eventual breaking point.

mllaneza posted:

I have achieved previously undreamt-of levels of "what the actual gently caress Prospera?"

At the point you’re reaching your hands over your heads while delivering a monologue about changing the world, you have no choice but to accept you’re the supervillain.