Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

really digging iwtv rn, any good promotions i should be watching. Im just searching for wrestlers and watching their stuff from the last year now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

That's interesting for a number of reasons! Did DEFY pay Brett to use Gage, is Gage's GCW deal up, is it a good idea to use Gage with him limited to promos and comedy matches in GCW?

Big Dave
Nov 6, 2009

Friends don't shake hands, friends gotta hug!

Suplex Liberace posted:

really digging iwtv rn, any good promotions i should be watching. Im just searching for wrestlers and watching their stuff from the last year now.

I'll always stump for h2o but the flagship promotions Beyond/Wrestling Open, ICW NHB, Prestige, West Coast Pro, etc always put on fantastic shows. ETU is worth checking out. There's a ton (all?) of nwa wildside on there, a bunch of high video quality AJW shows. Zona 23 of course if you're into deathmatch. They lost a few major companies to fite+ recently but there's still so much live wrestling basically every night

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

Gumball Gumption posted:

He knows a lot of close up magic and recently started doing shows. I think it's something he's done as a hobby for a while

He'd always have a deck of cards on him whenever I saw him at a PWG show.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/MLW/status/1651056082213646336

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

achillesforever6 posted:

https://twitter.com/JCPxDESIGNS/status/1648720696871141376?t=CXA1Adg01KoQa6U3-m1C7g&s=19
Fun episode of Enjoy tonight, got a good tag match and scramble

Feel like this would be the place to ask folks, trying to coordinate throwing streamers for the next Enjoy show. Anyone have ideas for brands or am I overthinking it?

Is there a date for the next Enjoy show yet? I missed this last one due to a wedding, hoping to make the next one.

And I think just go to Party City or something, they sell those things in every color you could imagine. It'd be pretty cool to have a bunch of people front row throwing multicolored streamers for Edith or something.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
I believe it's going to be June 17th, and yeah party city seems to be the move, get a bunch of Trans colored streamers for Edith

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Big Dave posted:

I'll always stump for h2o but the flagship promotions Beyond/Wrestling Open, ICW NHB, Prestige, West Coast Pro, etc always put on fantastic shows. ETU is worth checking out. There's a ton (all?) of nwa wildside on there, a bunch of high video quality AJW shows. Zona 23 of course if you're into deathmatch. They lost a few major companies to fite+ recently but there's still so much live wrestling basically every night

thanks ive checked out a couple of west coast pro shows and they have been real fun. WIld Side being on their is sweet love that old stuff

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

https://twitter.com/EnjoyWrestle/status/1651303678366687232?t=BAEoHcaSQgbrTeKmoZqipQ&s=19
Enjoy going all out to hype up this match and I hope it pays off

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Any Toronto goons going to this tonight? They’ve got Komander, Gringo Loco, Jody Threat and Gangrel appearing

https://twitter.com/demandlucha/status/1651599546722418689?s=46&t=vTNZavhRg3gJqoP7LCLG5A

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Didn't Komander pull out? I'm not going either way unfortunately.

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler
Way to bury Sam Adonis, Mane Event, and Space Monkey.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

https://twitter.com/AchillesF6/status/1651634315602673664?t=FvGHGZyVLl4AUSTIi6Loyw&s=19
Excited tonight to watch it in a bar with commies and Enjoy wrestlers/owners

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

flashy_mcflash posted:

Didn't Komander pull out? I'm not going either way unfortunately.

Where’d you see that? I haven’t been able to find anything

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Dacap posted:

Where’d you see that? I haven’t been able to find anything

Sorry i think I might be confusing it with another event, my bad.

BaldipISW
Mar 28, 2012
Komander had to cancel on the C*4 show in Ottawa tomorrow night.

That’s my big IWTV rec, btw. C*4 shows are super fun and have a good variety of styles. Pick a random show or watch one of the 70 or 80 “Mixtape” compilations they put together during the pandemic, their back catalog is crazy.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

https://twitter.com/EnjoyWrestle/status/1651723505048616962?t=SjJFg1w5yvT83xAqGp3Y6Q&s=19
Starting in 5 mins

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

BaldipISW posted:

Komander had to cancel on the C*4 show in Ottawa tomorrow night.

That’s my big IWTV rec, btw. C*4 shows are super fun and have a good variety of styles. Pick a random show or watch one of the 70 or 80 “Mixtape” compilations they put together during the pandemic, their back catalog is crazy.

He did show up to the Toronto Demand Lucha show tonight but he kinda disappeared halfway through the main event that got turned into a triple threat. Originally was supposed to be just him vs Gringo Loco. He didn’t even do the rope walk spot!

Next show looks stacked though. They’ve got Vikingo, Brian Cage and Speedball

Well, found the answer. I didn’t get a great view of what happened from where I was sitting

Reddit posted:

I was in attendance at DemandLucha's Luchapalooza.

Komander was a surprise addition to the main event between Gringo Loco and Arez. During the course of the match, Komander hit a fantastic moonsault on Gringo Loco but immediately started holding his knee.

He limped his way up the entranceway and was checked on. A few minutes later, he tried coming back to the ring but didn't make it. He was limping pretty badly and an audible was called and he was no longer in the match.

I guess we'll see how it all shakes out but it definitely seems legit.

Dacap fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Apr 28, 2023

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Remember when Joey announced he was never doing death matches again?

https://twitter.com/GCWrestling_/status/1651000068818837504

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

That's certainly a matchup I never thought would happen

Big Dave
Nov 6, 2009

Friends don't shake hands, friends gotta hug!

MassRafTer posted:

Remember when Joey announced he was never doing death matches again?

https://twitter.com/GCWrestling_/status/1651000068818837504

Which time?

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Barry Bluejeans posted:

Fuckken rad

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

And I thought Gresham vs Gage was wild. I can’t wait.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Barry Bluejeans posted:

that’ll be some real “reading Shakespeare to a dog” energy

Shawn Spears was at Prestige tonight and reminded me how much I love the chickenshit move heels pull when they do the timeout hand sign when they’re getting their rear end whipped. so simple, so hilarious.

the escape goat fucked around with this message at 08:26 on Apr 30, 2023

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Went to Prestige Roseland 5 tonight, my first indie show and I had a great time. Crowd was hot for basically everything. Took some pics I'll upload tomorrow morning, most likely. For now, have this clip of Daniel Garcia slamming Robert Martyr into the apron like 3 feet in front of me.

https://i.imgur.com/7q85agJ.mp4

Pylons fucked around with this message at 08:53 on Apr 30, 2023

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Pylons posted:

Went to Prestige Roseland 5 tonight, my first indie show and I had a great time. Crowd was hot for basically everything. Took some pics I'll upload tomorrow morning, most likely. For now, have this clip of Daniel Garcia slamming Robert Martyr into the apron like 3 feet in front of me.

https://i.imgur.com/7q85agJ.mp4

you picked a hell of a first show, psyched ya made it! Blackwood vs Penta was such an absolute treat. always wild to see Penta pop his top off and see just how insanely ripped he is.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

the escape goat posted:

you picked a hell of a first show, psyched ya made it! Blackwood vs Penta was such an absolute treat. always wild to see Penta pop his top off and see just how insanely ripped he is.

I'm almost positive he was energized by the ole chant.

By the way - I knew absolutely nobody on the trios match going in so that way overdelivered for me, but who the hell was the bald/shaved guy on the heel side? He's absolutely fantastic.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Pylons posted:

I'm almost positive he was energized by the ole chant.

By the way - I knew absolutely nobody on the trios match going in so that way overdelivered for me, but who the hell was the bald/shaved guy on the heel side? He's absolutely fantastic.

Travis Williams, I believe!

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
I was at Operation Dropkick Depression this weekend, and just wanted to mention it because Shea McCoy did the "OW! My HOLE!" line after taking a big bump to their backside and falling outside the ring. It made my night at least.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

the escape goat posted:

Travis Williams, I believe!

Vancouver guy. He's so good and I'm so glad he's making an impression

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

ARMBAR A COP posted:

Vancouver guy. He's so good and I'm so glad he's making an impression

He was really, really good. The trios match would've been a fun spotfest still but he really helped provide the fundamentals to take it to the next level.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Keep a look out for him, Judas Icarus, State of Emergency and Nicole Matthews.

Guaranteed good time with them.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

syzpid posted:

I was at Operation Dropkick Depression this weekend, and just wanted to mention it because Shea McCoy did the "OW! My HOLE!" line after taking a big bump to their backside and falling outside the ring. It made my night at least.

Shea just passed coco's wrestling exam, which is 300% more prestigiousal and correctier than Michael Ronin's bullshit test for dweebs.

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins

Pylons posted:

He was really, really good. The trios match would've been a fun spotfest still but he really helped provide the fundamentals to take it to the next level.
Travis Williams was the champion in Vancouver's NEW for a pretty long time, and yeah, he's awesome. He used to have shoulder length hair, the shaved look is a new thing as of about a month ago. I'd be surprised if he didn't blow up really soon - he's getting a lot more US dates and just got back from the east coast. He usually travels together as a tag team with Judas Icarus (Sinner & Saint), but it seems like lately they've been doing more matches apart to show what they can do.

The other heels in that trios match were State of Emergency (also from Van) who are IMO the best tag team on the indies right now. They had a huge run last year where they picked up like 4 or 5 tag belts all over the west coast at once.

Liiza Hall was also on the card, and she's from Van too. She's kind of like a Deeb-style technical wrestler and she kicks rear end.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

A couple indie shows happening Forbidden Door weekend, walking distance from the Scotia

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Oh gently caress.

I can't do the defy show AND Forbidden door....can I???

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

The two venues practically share a parking lot! You can do it!

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

IM GOING TO DO IT

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Huge news

https://twitter.com/Thexpwwrestling/status/1653189930804183040

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

Aside from not wrestling at all... That's probably where she belongs