Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

MoonCrab posted:

So I guess it's gonna be 4 star dps for me, for a while. Dan and Serval carry, go?

susang, sampo, and hook are all pretty good 4* dps options too, especially sushang

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
I'm currently running Clara, March, Dan Heng, and Sushang/Qingque depending if a boss has the temerity to be physical weak.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Clarste posted:

I think you just need to reset the area? Not sure.

UHD posted:

you can go to another zone and then back to reset its position

Thanks. I tried just teleporting to a place in-zone and it didn't work, leaving the zone entirely didn't occur to me. I'll check back next time I load the game.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Captain France posted:

You forgot Silver Wolf / Haxxor Bunny, Shushang, there's apparently an Otto twin coming up, and I'm pretty sure Kafka looks like Eden with her hair tied. (And if so, I would like Eden much more with this English voice acting.) Also Welt in particular feels, even in main game HI3, like he has kind of a lot of "that's probably interesting but I'm not going to track down and read a whole comic for it" going on. (Or maybe it's just that I like his design and his stigma art (and now his fight in Alien Space) but he never does anything in the HI3 game. Here's hoping we get to see him do stuff here.)

But if you don't think it's worth it that's fine. Hoyo is pretty good about keeping that sort of thing's relevance and exploration at a place where you don't really need the extra info. It's not important, it will probably never be important, and if it is they will tell you the important part. But it is fun.

Also Bronya and Seele are pretty explicitly gay. I'm not sure how canon it is but Veliona has a Seele body pillow in her mind palace sometimes. Bronya can tell the difference between Seele and Veliona and has been able to since the orphanage, long before being told about her. After Veliona having some initial jealousy issues they seem to get along now. Veliona's actual in-universe name is "Seele" or "Other Seele," chosen because when asked to name her Seele was like "well you're me, right? You deserve the name just as much as me." I'm not sure where the name "Veliona" comes from, but it's on Stygian Nymph so . . .

And wait I'm pretty sure Bronya has normal flesh legs, they just don't really work until after she becomes a Herrscher?

Also the crazy rear end Genshin lore speculation with references to Gnosticism and all sorts of mythological and historical references and stuff is the best. :allears:

Shhhh we're not allowed to talk about this stuff anymore

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

glad they wrote in susheng and otto meeting immediately. goodspeed artist self insert girl.

Son of a Vondruke!
Aug 3, 2012

More than Star Citizen will ever be.

Does anyone know how long the codes usually last? I claimed all the ones on prydwen early this morning and they worked just fine. My girlfriend just tried them and it said they'd expired. Are the other hoyoverse game's codes usually something you've really gotta stay on top of and use right away?

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Kale posted:

You know people were a bit too mean regarding the lore posting crap but acting like a little passive aggressive bitch like this does you no favors dog.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Son of a Vondruke! posted:

Does anyone know how long the codes usually last? I claimed all the ones on prydwen early this morning and they worked just fine. My girlfriend just tried them and it said they'd expired. Are the other hoyoverse game's codes usually something you've really gotta stay on top of and use right away?
Genshin's usually last a few days at most, yeah.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Kale posted:

to be honest I don't mind the lore dumps when it's posted by people that aren't you, hate to break it to you

Kale
May 14, 2010

Ibram Gaunt posted:

You know people were a bit too mean regarding the lore posting crap but acting like a little passive aggressive bitch like this does you no favors dog.

Better make up our minds then on exactly what is and isnt allowed to be posted in this thread and what is and isn't allowed to be said by whom specifically or not and put it in the OP then. It hasnt even been a week yet and will be a long several years possibly otherwise unless some posting rules and boundaries are set.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

^^^ Lore posting is fine IMO, but you have a tendency to get wound up about things (like I specifically recognize you as "the poster who frequently gets wound up about social media"). My recommendation is to go do something else any time you start feeling emotions about posts. This probably sounds condescending, but it's something I actually do myself any time I start feeling mad/defensive online.

Meowywitch posted:

Anyway I'm like 60 rolls in and still haven't gotten a 5* from Seele's banner. I'll probably have to wait till TB 25's free rolls to finally trigger it. Fingers crossed.

This is, unfortunately, normal. I've played Genshin since release, and very rarely get a 5* before soft pity. You should generally act under the assumption that this will be the case (with the exception of something like "rolling on a banner where I don't want its 5*," since that can gently caress you over if you get "lucky").

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Apr 30, 2023

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Kale posted:

Better make up our minds then on exactly what is and isnt allowed to be posted in this thread and what is and isn't allowed to be said by whom specifically or not and put it in the OP then. It hasnt even been a week yet and will be a long several years possibly otherwise unless some posting rules and boundaries are set.

You're allowed to post whatever but everyone will silently hate you.

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

I liked the lore posts and was disappointed to see anyone go "wow, what dumb bullshit, please shut up"

I see a lot of dumb bullshit and don't feel the need to post every time I see it, much less posting ten times to really drive home the fact that somebody else enjoys something in a way I don't and are therefore wrong to do so

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i think everyone regardless of opinion should really just let it go tbh

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
Is the only realistic-over-time method of getting tickets just the five from embers a week? And I guess a few from level ups here and there.

Kale posted:

no one here is a cop, stop being a loving weirdo

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Gamerofthegame posted:

Is the only realistic-over-time method of getting tickets just the five from embers a week? And I guess a few from level ups here and there.

no one here is a cop, stop being a loving weirdo

The embers tickets are going to be 5 a month not week, the first reset just happens to kind of work out for both.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
It's weird that they call the main character The Trailblazer when everyone on the train is a Trailblazer. March 7 is a Trailblazer. Dan Heng is a Trailblazer.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Gamerofthegame posted:

Character ascensions, the five from embers a month, the battle pass, trailblazer levels, etc. There's a few sources of them but they aren't really farmable-farmable.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

When the hell is mobile getting controller support?

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Clarste posted:

It's weird that they call the main character The Trailblazer when everyone on the train is a Trailblazer. March 7 is a Trailblazer. Dan Heng is a Trailblazer.

Wrong. This is actually clever foreshadowing that everyone else is lying to you.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

MarcusSA posted:

When the hell is mobile getting controller support?

genshin still doesnt have it iirc so i wouldnt get my hopes up

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Endorph posted:

genshin still doesnt have it iirc so i wouldnt get my hopes up

It does on iOS though and it had it on launch.

I still don’t understand why it doesn’t on android.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

It is slightly annoying that my MC's name doesn't completely fit on one line

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
Not touching this except to say that its not fair that the honkaiposters seemingly have a monopoly on unending loredumping. When I was checking this game out I was like hell yeah, time to ramble on about whatever for a hundred pages but its all honkai again? Welts like you've got no idea about the meaning of this power (nerd emoji) and I'm like so true be s ti e , I don't know poo poo. When are they gonna add dragon solvereigns and stuff?

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
Caboose-Hogla, W.

tbh we're in a sci-fi universe spanning galaxies, I want more weird names. Frito Pie. Benkei Erasmus. Sponsored BytheInterastralPeaceCorporation.

Leraika fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Apr 30, 2023

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

How do I tell Herta that I'm completely out of patience with roguelite dungeons and don't care to play more of them --

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
As someone who clicks through all dialog as fast as possible and does not care about the story, let people post lore stuff if they want. Even if it ends up being wrong, who cares, it is less white noise than any of my posts endless posts about what 5*s we are rolling or whatever and you could just not read it.

Also, I wish I knew our team needed to be level 30 to complete a certain part of the game, my min/maxing brain will not let me upgrade anything until absolutely necessary "what if I get something better", so I was playing through the whole game at like level ... 20 by that point. I still find it mentally hard to upgrade relics/3* items because they are inevitably going to get something better. What Trailblazer level allows you to go above character level level 40? 30?

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

Kale posted:

You need to chill out lol

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

Pain of Mind posted:

As someone who clicks through all dialog as fast as possible and does not care about the story, let people post lore stuff if they want. Even if it ends up being wrong, who cares, it is less white noise than any of my posts endless posts about what 5*s we are rolling or whatever and you could just not read it.

Also, I wish I knew our team needed to be level 30 to complete a certain part of the game, my min/maxing brain will not let me upgrade anything until absolutely necessary "what if I get something better", so I was playing through the whole game at like level ... 20 by that point. I still find it mentally hard to upgrade relics/3* items because they are inevitably going to get something better. What Trailblazer level allows you to go above character level level 40? 30?

each 20? level step will up your world equiliburm level, which increases your cap... and the cap on everything, including enemies. after you do the trial, anyway, which is a level/dps check

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

the ten passes gave me a herta dupe

boo

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
Wait a sec, these 5 star cards in the Herta shop are actually, like, 4.5 star cards. What a scam. I mean still a very decent reward since you can also buy refinements for pretty cheap, but still.

Endorph posted:

susang, sampo, and hook are all pretty good 4* dps options too, especially sushang

Oh yeah, Hook. I guess she can inherit most of MC's gear once she class changes or whatever. Never got the other 2, tho, just a bunch of cards :(

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
Let’s talk about real controversy!

This guy used to be called Man With Afro.

I’m guessing they changed his name because he wasn’t black instead of making him black.

lol

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

MoonCrab posted:

Wait a sec, these 5 star cards in the Herta shop are actually, like, 4.5 star cards. What a scam. I mean still a very decent reward since you can also buy refinements for pretty cheap, but still.

The one for the hunt is incredibly good

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Kale posted:

:justpost: you dumb gently caress. Endorph has no power over you.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Apparently everyone on the space station is a hyper-genius who was the smartest person from their country/planet. And then there's the protagonist, who is just this dumb guy making fun of them in text messages (though I guess some people, like security, probably aren't hyper-geniuses).

I like the side-quest where the wubbaboos are mourning this random guy who was a genius on his home planet but completely forgettable on the station. And their sentiment is proved right when other people are like "no I don't remember that guy" :(

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
Hello thread! I see some people are trying to talk about the game, and that's good. I would like it if the rest of this stupid BS would stop now. Thanks.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

I'm really torn between YOLO pull now because I'm probably about as interested in the game as I'm ever going to be and Seele owns on the one hand and on the other hand holy gently caress there are a ton of characters I'm going to want if I keep playing and grabbing the first one while the game is dumping resources on me left and right could make the lean times feel bad later. I'm leaning toward pulling to the 50/50 and saving the second pity for later, but I guess I have a while to decide still.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Dr Kool-AIDS posted:

I'm really torn between YOLO pull now because I'm probably about as interested in the game as I'm ever going to be and Seele owns on the one hand and on the other hand holy gently caress there are a ton of characters I'm going to want if I keep playing and grabbing the first one while the game is dumping resources on me left and right could make the lean times feel bad later. I'm leaning toward pulling to the 50/50 and saving the second pity for later, but I guess I have a while to decide still.

This is what I did. I got Seele and now I’m gonna save for later banners since there’s a lot of good characters coming.

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

Dr Kool-AIDS posted:

I’ll help by saying Jing Yuan next banner is also crazy strong and also cool as hell :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

:murder:
Going to get Seele then save for Kafka.