Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Nuns with Guns posted:

No, no, the mods are lupine. They have the beast frenzy, ergo Bloodborne.

One of the mods is Lupine?! They must be after the fortune of the Castle of Cagliostro

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
tel;ing the mods to beware the old blood and getting banned for concern trolling

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

but, uh... well, there it is

We do NOT use the v-word to describe Rom. User loses posting privileges for 1 week.

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo

Psycho Landlord posted:

I've had mostly excellent tabletop gaming experiences but every single interaction with someone involved in a white wolf rpg of any kind has left me uncomfortable lmao

The mage guys I ran into were almost normal until one of them randomly said "15 will get you 20" sadly for no reason. The vampire and werewolf folks were freaks from the word go.

while smoking a cigarette outside of a bar at karaoke one night a total stranger regaled me w a story about how, after his gf left him, he had their long term characters in vampire sit in a car together to watch the sunrise. I've never played a ttrpg but i can safely say I've especially never played white wolf

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Gambit from the X-Men posted:

while smoking a cigarette outside of a bar at karaoke one night a total stranger regaled me w a story about how, after his gf left him, he had their long term characters in vampire sit in a car together to watch the sunrise. I've never played a ttrpg but i can safely say I've especially never played white wolf

I don't even know how you'd do that without her also being present. That's not how TTRPGs work. Unless he just wrote himself a little fanfic.

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

HopperUK posted:

I don't even know how you'd do that without her also being present. That's not how TTRPGs work. Unless he just wrote himself a little fanfic.

from what i recall it was a hazy fanfic he forced his gaming group to sit through.

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

minus of course his escaped hostage

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Psycho Landlord posted:

I've had mostly excellent tabletop gaming experiences but every single interaction with someone involved in a white wolf rpg of any kind has left me uncomfortable lmao

The mage guys I ran into were almost normal until one of them randomly said "15 will get you 20" sadly for no reason. The vampire and werewolf folks were freaks from the word go.

I had another experience where we were having fun in a long-running Mage game up until the GM brought in someone to help co-GM the final fight. The dude made hyper broken wizards that TPK'ed us. He also cosplayed in an SS officer uniform in his spare time, and a couple months after that incident he tried to ask me out over Facebook messenger.

I'll just say that WW games certainly draw a particular crowd to them.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Nuns with Guns posted:

I had another experience where we were having fun in a long-running Mage game up until the GM brought in someone to help co-GM the final fight. The dude made hyper broken wizards that TPK'ed us. He also cosplayed in an SS officer uniform in his spare time, and a couple months after that incident he tried to ask me out over Facebook messenger.

:psyduck:

Boba Pearl posted:

One of the mods is Lupine?! They must be after the fortune of the Castle of Cagliostro

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

Newspaper comics are weird as gently caress man. Has anyone else noticed this

Douche Wolf 89 posted:

uhh, wait til we tell you about a little thing called webcomics

:yum:

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Psycho Landlord posted:

Isn't that just a gambling thing...? Or do I not want to actually know

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.

ilmucche posted:

No it is not a gambling thing.

fun hater
May 24, 2009

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

tel;ing the mods to beware the old blood and getting banned for concern trolling

nothin personal fellas

VVV i cannot believe i forgot about that. epic moments in tabletop history

KittenJucerSupreme
Feb 12, 2023

by the sex ghost

Nuns with Guns posted:

My last experience playing a White Wolf game was with some furries who made vampires who had been hibernating for 300 years. They kept derailing every conversation by demanding we explain a word in the prior sentence to them, like "the 1980s" and "television" and "the n-word." My character left and I quit the game after that. I haven't had a great run of luck with dedicated fans of those games.
There's a lot of poo poo going on with White Wolf/OPP (White Wolf just got in trouble for stealing someone's likeness) but all I think about with them now is that Vampire: The Masquerade 5e was so bad it caused an international incident and was condemned by multiple human rights groups, which is just a funny phrase to think and know to be true.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

international incident???

KittenJucerSupreme
Feb 12, 2023

by the sex ghost

lobster shirt posted:

international incident???

The Chechnian president officially condemned and banned Vampire in the country and multiple human rights groups condemned it for saying the Chechnian genocide of LGBTQ people was caused by vampires (mind, for very different reasons than Chechnya)

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Perhaps the same could be
bush choked on the pretzel because of a botched slight of hand check

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

also they had a Holocaust expansion pack

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Half of Dracula posted:

bush choked on the pretzel because of a botched slight of hand check

He rolled high on a dex check against that shoe though

KittenJucerSupreme
Feb 12, 2023

by the sex ghost

Smirking_Serpent posted:

also they had a Holocaust expansion pack

Wasn't that Geist: The Sin Eaters (by OPP) or did VTM 5e also do that for some reason

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

KittenJucerSupreme posted:

The Chechnian president officially condemned and banned Vampire in the country and multiple human rights groups condemned it for saying the Chechnian genocide of LGBTQ people was caused by vampires (mind, for very different reasons than Chechnya)

Chechen authorities also arrested the hapless third party people translating and distributing the game in Chechnya over that.

The incident got the "Head of Story" fired. He was a guy who worked for Paradox Games, and convinced Paradox to buy White Wolf after the EVE Online company decided to sell it. He was such a VtM mega fan he'd previously won a competition to cosplay as Dracula for anniversary art in a Vampire supplement. And he blew it all by deciding he needed to add some edgelord social commentary to a Vampire rulebook.

Wasn't that Geist: The Sin Eaters (by OPP) or did VTM 5e also do that for some reason

There was the Wraith expansion called Charnel Houses of Europe: The Shoah. The only thing people say about it is "It is shockingly tasteful for... exactly as awful of a thing as it is."

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"
I thought VtM sounded kinda cool in the late nineties/early aughts because I was young and stupid and enjoyed the card game. I tried three different cities groups throughout that time as i moved and they were all white supremacist accepting. That's my White Wolf story.

fun hater
May 24, 2009

ive only played the video game which is good. its also really bad and unplayable. but its also the greatest game ever made

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgkqEHpKpLQ

KittenJucerSupreme
Feb 12, 2023

by the sex ghost

Nuns with Guns posted:

Chechen authorities also arrested the hapless third party people translating and distributing the game in Chechnya over that.

The incident got the "Head of Story" fired. He was a guy who worked for Paradox Games, and convinced Paradox to buy White Wolf after the EVE Online company decided to sell it. He was such a VtM mega fan he'd previously won a competition to cosplay as Dracula for anniversary art in a Vampire supplement. And he blew it all by deciding he needed to add some edgelord social commentary to a Vampire rulebook.

There was the Wraith expansion called Charnel Houses of Europe: The Shoah. The only thing people say about it is "It is shockingly tasteful for... exactly as awful of a thing as it is."

Lol, what a mess of a game. The more I think about it the more funny ill-advised poo poo I remember like "stake-launching minigun photoshoot art" and "implying that vampires did 9/11" and "released a documentary where they repeatedly poo poo on Vampire: The Requiem and say its a game for stupid babies and also sell their VTM branded makeup line". Also I always get Wraith and Geist mixed up.

Grassy Knowles posted:

I thought VtM sounded kinda cool in the late nineties/early aughts because I was young and stupid and enjoyed the card game. I tried three different cities groups throughout that time as i moved and they were all white supremacist accepting. That's my White Wolf story.

Never ask a man his salary, a woman her age, or a White wolf fan what they think about the Romani people

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Never ask a man his salary, a woman her age, or a White wolf fan what they think about the Romani people

I should've known from the name of the card game to be entirely honest but i was a literal child when i bought those decks

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

fun hater posted:

ive only played the video game which is good. its also really bad and unplayable. but its also the greatest game ever made

Still nuts how expressive the characters are animation wise for a game released in 2004.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

do y’all think Bloodlines 2 will ever come out?

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

Nuns with Guns posted:

lmfao oh nooo

almost all my interactions with WW games players were from being around tabletop sessions that were running at the flgs I would play poo poo like warhammer or x-wing at, but my first actual experience with World of Darkness as a concept was accidentally walking to a vampire larp on the way home from work once. Like literally they had some place on my walk home that they had sectioned out to play games at midnight. So I work a closing shift and just walk through idly not paying any attention to the weirdly dressed people sitting around because whatever it's a city and its late.

Well they decided to incorporate my presence into their larp by declaring me a prey item. No one actually touched me or even really got that close or anything but they followed me around for half a block saying weird poo poo to me and each other and when I finally stopped and asked them what the gently caress it took like another two minutes to get some guy to just admit they were larping. Right afterwards he went back to saying he would drink my ocular fluids.

Just a wild group of people

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Smirking_Serpent posted:

No and if it does I can't see it being good, game going thru two diff dev teams is not the sign of a healthy development process. I personally lost interest the moment all the people from 1 left and that was like 3 years ago.

KittenJucerSupreme
Feb 12, 2023

by the sex ghost

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Kmowing the track record with WoD video games, absolutely not.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Ibram Gaunt posted:

No and if it does I can't see it being good, game going thru two diff dev teams is not the sign of a healthy development process. I personally lost interest the moment all the people from 1 left and that was like 3 years ago.

Yeah, no hope at all. Just play the first one again.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

bloodlines ost being composed by some dude who wanted to kill himself makes a lot of sense lol. really good music

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fP_3oo3RCGo jsut rlly ftw

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Dongicus posted:

bloodlines ost being composed by some dude who wanted to kill himself makes a lot of sense lol. really good music

oh and lmfao being straight up told to rip off massive attack for the games main menu screen lol.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Dongicus posted:

oh and lmfao being straight up told to rip off massive attack for the games main menu screen lol.

its a good trick, like half of Fallout 1 and 2's soundtrack is just reworked Aphex Twin songs

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

ilmucche posted:

I'm assuming it is a price for an amount of narcotics or a duration of sex work and they were soliciting clients.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Nuns with Guns posted:

It was so bad Paradox revoked WW's permissions to approve publishing of their own books.

It's hard to understate just how insanely bad it was, it pissed off a ton of the inside business/money people when they heard about it.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

so that people stop feeling a need to bring it up in 20 questions, (you’re not going to be happy clicking this) it’s a joke about the years of prison you’ll get for the statutory charge from abusing someone of that age

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

how am I just hearing about this mess now?