Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hawkperson
Jun 20, 2003

Evil Willow posted:

Gf says I'm exhausting her with my petty questions

Tl;dr belt is amazing but if I’m parsing that last bit right, dude seems super controlling and paranoid :smith: sounds like it’s past time to dump him and move on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Yeah constantly being accused of cheating when all you do is spend time with your SO loving sucks.

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

"I think if there’s one thing we can all agree on it’s that Penn State and Michigan both suck and are garbage and it’s hilarious Michigan fans are freaking out thinking this is their natty window when they can’t even beat a B12 team in the playoffs lmao"

Tarkus posted:

Pink is the color of a VAGINA and it will attract all the ne'er-do-wells and men of ill-comport.

I agree that whole part is… weird. But where tf is anyone gonna find a pink car? And buying a car and having it painted can get really expensive

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
It’s not just the constant accusations but the breaking down of her schedule to find the moments she could be cheating. That is something that’s going to get so much worse very quickly.

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan
Don't get me wrong, it's weird when she says "maybe it's yours" when it's an airline branded belt that's too big for him, but then you read the rest and have to think that the lens you're getting the facts through is hosed up at best

Bright Bart
Apr 27, 2020

False. There is only one electron and it has never stopped
Gaslighting so when OP finds a male pilot's uniform on the floor of her room they'll assume it's theirs?

Bright Bart fucked around with this message at 14:41 on Apr 30, 2023

cinnamon rollout
Jun 12, 2001

The early bird gets the worm

Bright Bart posted:

Gaslighting so when OP finds a male pilot's uniform on the floor of her room they'll assume it's theirs?

This is probably what the OP thinks yeah

duck trucker
Oct 14, 2017

YOSPOS

I remember reading an article about stolen cars and the number #1 thing to prevent your car from getting stolen was to get a pink one. It's too unique and thieves won't risk it.

So if anything that daughter is eliminating a risk that the dad should be thrilled about.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
yeah a pink or orange car would be cool. always find in the parking lot.

AITA for not cleaning a helping a child wipe 💩?

quote:

My friend (M30) was visiting me (F30) with his son et's call him Jacob . We were hanging out and decided to play some Mario Kart in the living room, while his son was playing a game on his Ipad.

His son then wanted to use the bathroom. He's been here before and knows where to go. I don't have hildren, but I feel like children, around 5 or 6, should be able to wipe themselves, however my friend and his wife still clean him up and wipe him.

We have since stopped playing and were talking when we hear Jacob call out that he's done (meaning that he's waiting for someone to help him wipe). My friend groaned and didn't get up. He asked me if I could go clean up Jacob. I looked at him with a blank stare which pissed him off. He scoffed and got up to go see Jacob. After a 10 minutes they both emerged from the bathroom. My friend looks livid and says that he has poo poo on his shirt because of me. (I don't even want to know HOW he ended up with poo poo on his shirt) and that I should have done it for him. He hates doing it and feels like it's his wife's job. I told him well thankfully I'm not his wife and I'll never clean up his son. He ended up cutting his visit short and left. I don't think i was the rear end in a top hat but his wife texted me later berating me for not doing this because my friend was having a very rough time. He lost his job and was depressed (I didn't know that) and visited me to clear his head. I felt bad because maybe I should have noticed that his demand was out of the ordinary and done it, now that I know how he felt.

Maybe it's me but even at 5 or 6 you want to check on a kid when it comes to that. A lot easier to clean up a bare butt than lovely clothes. That said the gently caress is with asking a friend to do that to your own kid?

Oh right, she's female and naturally better at this stuff.

Cowslips Warren fucked around with this message at 15:28 on Apr 30, 2023

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

"I think if there’s one thing we can all agree on it’s that Penn State and Michigan both suck and are garbage and it’s hilarious Michigan fans are freaking out thinking this is their natty window when they can’t even beat a B12 team in the playoffs lmao"

Cowslips Warren posted:

yeah a pink or orange car would be cool. always find in the parking lot.

Maybe it's me but even at 5 or 6 you want to check on a kid when it comes to that. A lot easier to clean up a bare butt than lovely clothes. That said the gently caress is with asking a friend to do that to your own kid?

The gently caress is wrong with people. I’d have told him to take his kid and his lovely butt and get the gently caress out of my house

I had an acquaintance in high school whose house I went over to once, and apparently they didn’t know how to house train dogs and had multiple dogs that crapped in the house. I saw a turd and was like ‘hey your dog poo poo on the floor’ and someone who lived there told me to pick it up. I laughed it off but a minute later my acquaintance and multiple of her family members got pissed I didn’t pick it up. I immediately was like gently caress all of you and your nasty house, left, and never went inside ever again for any reason lol

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Cowslips Warren posted:

I find this one deeply upsetting in a way I can’t quite articulate.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
AITA for telling my sister she is no longer invited to come visit me ?

quote:

My (35f) sister (37f) was supposed to come visit me for the first time this summer with her family. I'm french and I have been living in Canada for the last 6 years. I go back to my country almost every year to visit them. I have always thought my sister and I had a great relationship, she was the first person I wanted to see, the most important person in my life. We used to text and facetime several times a week.

Last August, I arrived at my sister's to spend 4 days with her and my nephews. 1 hour after I arrived she started complaining about my behavior during my last visit, she was not happy that I did not made her husband's lunch one day. I voiced my surprise that she kept her feelings toward this for a year. She apparently wanted to tell me in person. During the rest of my stay she made me feel not welcomed in her home and made excuses to come home very late. I was hurt by this, but stayed because I wanted to spend time with my nephews. On the 3rd night I wanted to talked it out with her because I sensed it was deeper than the husband's lunch.

She spent 2 1/2 hours listing everything that she did not like about me, my behavior, my life choices, my personality. I was sobbing for the most part and unable to answer, but she kept on going, unfazed. Her list was going back to when I was 5 and refused to play with her (I ve always been a loner), to our teenage years and the fact she chose to go to school so far that she was only back on the weekends, meaning that she did not think we were sisters then. Same when we went to the same university and saw each other almost everyday, she stated that we were friends during that time, not sisters. Later in life, she asked me to officiate her wedding ceremony and to be the godmother of one of my nephew. I sense that she is very disappointed that I decided to stay in Canada and I believe that she started resenting me when she realized I was not coming back to France. She also mentioned that I was way to happy to talk about the promotion I had at work, and to let her know I was no longer struggling financially. She also said I should not call her that often and should wait for her to authorize me to call (by text). She basically went through every aspects of my life in a negative way.

After our conversation she felt much better and stated we could finally start to have a real relationship as sister. One I though we always had...

I felt as if our relationship was a lie. I spent the rest of my vacation being sad, but also angry that she did not talked to me sooner but chose to do it during my only vacation of the year.

When I saw her again on my last day, I told her I was really not happy about our conversation, that even though some remarks made sense, some of them were just mean. I finished by letting her know that since she did not seems to like me, she was no longer invited to visit me. She seemed very hurt and has not spoke to me since.

AITA for canceling the invitation ?

Some years ago in high school, I made the bad decision of becoming friends with two girls who had been in elementary school together; in high school their third friend had moved away, so I became the third friend in the group. When that girl moved back a year or so later, they wanted to go back to a trio but in typical teen girl drama, they didn't want to tell me head-on they didn't want me around anymore. Instead the three of them wrote a list that covered three pages front and back of all of my faults and the poo poo they didn't like about me. They gave it to me at the end of lunch hour and walked off.

I won't go into details but I was loving devastated. Some years later I saw one of them working in a retail store; she was actually my cashier, and chattered away happily about how good it was to see me again, that the other two friends had gone off to school/the military, she didn't know I still lived in town, etc. I remember just staring at her. And later on I was assigned to train her when she got a job where I worked. It was mindblowing how she just wrote off that stuff as "high school things" when it took me loving years to ever trust someone as a friend again.

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

it's almost like it's impossible to have a good relationship with someone after they reveal that a prior relationship you had with them that you thought was wholly positive was actually tainted with resentment this entire time. how can you be sure it won't be this time, too?

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Cowslips Warren posted:

How do you gently caress up the task of wiping your child's rear end so badly that you end up with poo poo on your shirt? :psyduck:

Hawkperson
Jun 20, 2003

“Wiping my kid’s butt is my wife and my female friend’s job” is so loving enraging

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Raygereio posted:

How do you gently caress up the task of wiping your child's rear end so badly that you end up with poo poo on your shirt? :psyduck:

Clearly you put your hand inside your shirt when you grab the toilet paper so that you have an extra layer between you and the poop.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I think that’s what’s bothering me. It’s not that he’s so incompetent that he got poo poo on his shirt, it’s that he put poo poo on his shirt to try and make her feel guilty.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Thing is about people who do psycho poo poo and expect you to just brush it off as water under the bridge is that it's full on M Bison 'For me it was Tuesday' from their perspective- doing that psycho poo poo is normal to them and their standard mode of operation, so much they don't even remember something they did which defined the relationship for you.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Pope Corky the IX posted:

I think that’s what’s bothering me. It’s not that he’s so incompetent that he got poo poo on his shirt, it’s that he put poo poo on his shirt to try and make her feel guilty.

He 100% did exactly that.

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

i am a moron posted:

I agree that whole part is… weird. But where tf is anyone gonna find a pink car? And buying a car and having it painted can get really expensive

I did an Autotempest search for pink cars nationwide and it's basically all 1950s-70s boomermobiles for almost 6 figures, lovely lifted jeeps and the occasional Chevy Spark.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

i am a moron posted:

True. But if she truly doesn't care what the model is, he could probably get a gently used car and spend the diff on a paint job.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Every time I see a pink car it turns out to be a Mary Kay consultant. They definitely stand out in a parking lot, I wouldn't mind that.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Pope Corky the IX posted:

idk I would not rule out deep incompetence, he is a very stupid person after all

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Captain Hygiene posted:

Every time I see a pink car it turns out to be a Mary Kay consultant. They definitely stand out in a parking lot, I wouldn't mind that.

Yup. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4PeT6aeytU

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I mean I was a nanny for years, and even with blowouts with babies, you learn to clean poo poo up asap because sometimes cleaning the mess makes another one pop.

AITA for a little joke I played

quote:

First of all, I understand that many people talk to their friends about sex in general terms. I’m fine with that.

Second, I will say that I know eavesdropping is not cool, and I would never do it intentionally.

But late last night I (31f) overheard my husband (33m) talking to his best friend in our balcony (it’s right outside our bedroom window, which was open, and they had been out drinking and their voices were louder than they realized) about their sex lives in more detail than I expected. His friend isn’t married, and asked a lot of questions about “married sex” and how it’s different. My husband talked about a lot - frequency, sex in the shower, our preferences, even how I “finish” him and what toys we use. Personal stuff.

They also talked about how different positions are more fun with different female body types, and my “physique” came up in that discussion. His friend mentioned a “Hooters” Halloween costume I wore about 5 years ago, and they laughed about how the top was a hit it because showed off my “assets.”

I admit I was a bit bugged (a little flattered but bugged) by this whole conversation, and wanted to call them out on it, not in a mean way but still direct. So, I fished out my old Hooters top (I still have it) and wore it to make them breakfast this morning.

They were both hungover but immediately got the message. My husband’s friend was a bit mortified and very apologetic, my husband was sheepish. He asked what all I heard from the conversation, and I said (while I was making eggs) “oh, not much, just about how I like it from behind in the shower, how I still like giving BJs, you know, that kind of stuff.”

My husband thinks I was over the top,with my reaction. His friend has gone home, and has sent me an apologetic text already. I guess I’m now a little worried that I overdid it and it may have impacted my relationship with my husband’s friend.

AITA? Did I go too far?

I like when the title and first two lines make you think one thing, then you read the post.

kru
Oct 5, 2003

lol, owns

Involuntary Sparkle
Aug 12, 2004

Chemo-kitties can have “accidents” too!

Cowslips Warren posted:

AITA for a little joke I played

I like when the title and first two lines make you think one thing, then you read the post.

quote:

This post violates Rule 13: No Revenge Stories. It appears that your story would be better suited for one of the many subreddits which are focused on revenge.

:rolleyes:

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Holy loving poo poo

The Bramble
Mar 16, 2004

The amount of flak and hate mods and admins get on SA has always surprised me. It could be so much worse.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

ModDefender69 has entered the chat room.

(I'm joshing)

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

The Bramble posted:

The amount of flak and hate mods and admins get on SA has always surprised me. It could be so much worse.

That may be true, but historically these kind of posts IMMEDIATELY summon a new scandal.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
Backwoods AITA is good AITA. The "Find Out" part of FAFO is particularly impressive.

AITA for telling my grandmother she is not allowed on my property that used to be a family property?

quote:

I (22f) decided to look for a house awhile back. I ended up seeing my aunt’s property for sale. Now mind this used to be the family hangout. Party’s, cook offs, and just whatever little get together. D got my other aunt, who owned it after my uncle died, to GIVE it to her saying she can stay on the property. Ended up kicking her off after it was all in her name.

Me and my Gram do not get along. She always tried to frame me for stuff my cousins done, called me a mutt, and just always said how I look like a dike and so much more but that’s another story.

I ended up buying the property and it’s a good 4 acres and all. I ended up having certain family visit (the ones that I trust) since I really don’t like anyone in my business. Well my gram called asking if she go over and take a walk around to remember old times. I told her she is not allowed to step on my property especially since I don’t trust her. She just hung up. So I left it as that.

I decided to treat myself to my favorite restaurant and was having me a drink watching the basketball game. She came up and begged. I said I’m sorry but I do not trust her and I do not feel comfortable with her around me and to please leave me alone. She said she just wanted to ask me a favor. I asked and she had the audacity it ask me if I can give half the property to mY COUSIN?!? I told her I will not as it’s my property and I do not want her anywhere near me especially as my neighbor. She said I’ll regret it and left. I didn’t take it to heart.

Later that night I heard my dogs going off. I went to go look and ended up finding her damaging my fence, my rv connections, and including my friends rv who was stayin there at the time. I called the police and did press charges. Her claim is she did it because it isn’t fair that I’m doing well when my cousin is not. Thing is I work and my cousin expects everything handed to her. I work hard for my money as I do oilfield. So now she is facing a couple years in Jail and my family is saying I’m taking it to far but I feel like I’m just. But it got to the point that I keep getting constant messages and calls saying I’m going to hell. So just wanted to ask. AITa?

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

FMguru posted:

AITA for telling my grandmother she is not allowed on my property that used to be a family property?

I have to admire the escalation in "Can I take a walk around your property? Pleeease? No?? Well, could you give half of it away then?", grandma going with a bold move right there

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Captain Hygiene posted:

I have to admire the escalation in "Can I take a walk around your property? Pleeease? No?? Well, could you give half of it away then?", grandma going with a bold move right there

She buried money there 20 years ago and can't get back to it.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Captain Hygiene posted:

You and I both know the walk would not just be a little stroll around the yard, though

It’s just the foot in the door to start demanding the cousin get half the land, or to even be given all the land. Grandma and OP both know it, too.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Grandma was gonna fake a fall and sue OP for half the property.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
Another generous vacation invitation that turns out to be a stealth babysitting trap - with a killer twist.

AITA for not allowing my 17yo to be taken advantage of

quote:

I know the title makes this sound very open and shut, but there are some key details that might make me the rear end in a top hat.

My (F42) 17yo, who I will refer to as B here, was recently invited on a vacation to Benidorm with my sister (F38) and her family. I had absolutely no issue with them going, I was rather touched that my sister offered to take them, and just a little upset that my younger daughters (F12 and F9) weren’t invited, but I just thought that was down to their age and I’m not expecting my sister to take on three of my kids while juggling three of her own, even for just a week.

A few days ago, I was chatting with a mutual friend of mine and my sisters, and she mentioned something about how kind it was of B to look after my sisters kids while on vacation. I was taken aback as this was the first I’d heard of it.

I called my sister and asked if maybe B had offered to keep an eye on them. She told me no, B hadn’t offered, and she hadn’t asked them to, but she was sure B wouldn’t mind babysitting while her and her husband enjoyed themselves.

I didn’t take this well, and my sister said B can always say no and they’d understand, but here’s the thing, B is autistic. They are very susceptible to manipulation, and my sister knows they have a hard time saying no. I told her that if the only reason she invited B was free childcare for her and her husband to bar hop Benidorm, then they won’t be going.

I had to break it to B that they can’t go to Benidorm, and obviously they were devastated, and my sister and her husband have been calling me all the assholes under the sun, telling as much of the family that will listen that I’m breaking B’s heart and they only wanted to take them on a fun vacation and maybe teach them some responsibility as “they’re going to have a family of their own to take care of some day.”

My parents and husband are on my side, but my brother thinks I’m being too protective and I need to loosen the reigns and let B make the decision for themselves. I’ve explained the situation to B, and asked them if they’d be happy looking after their cousins on vacation, and B said that they’d prefer to go to have fun, and they’ve decided they don’t want to go anymore, so this is, ultimately, B’s decision.

I personally don’t think I’m the rear end in a top hat, but now I’m wondering if my brother and sister are right and I’m just wrapping B up in cotton wool, so Reddit, AITH?
r/relationship: all the assholes under the sun

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

FMguru posted:

r/relationship: all the assholes under the sun

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Short and sweet and really, really mindbogglingly loving stupid:

How can I use Chat GPT to help me in family court

quote:

I'm self-represented and am not familiar with how AI works. I've heard of many people getting rid of their lawyer because they can get the same or similar answers from chat gpt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

AITA for ruining my brother's relationship because i wanted his girlfriend to be more involved with our family?

quote:

I (28f) always had a great relationship with my brother (38m) and the rest of my family. When my son (now 5) was born, they supported me through a lot, especially since my baby's father abandoned us.

The problem started when he met his girlfriend (30s)in university. At the start, i was truly happy for him, especially since he'd talk to me about wanting to ask her out ever since he heard of her from her classmates. what i didn't like is that she didn't care much to keep contact with us, even after being together for well over a year. she was always too busy to meet our family.

He told me she was an amazing cook, was kind, brilliant, etc. and he wanted to marry her and travel with her back to her country once she finished her phd. He'd always talk to us about how lucky he was to be dating her (she's a judge) and how her government was financing her. I'll admit, knowing a childless woman wasn't working and was paid more money than me, on top of having her rent and other things covered, stung a little, but it had nothing to do with my dislike of her.

I wanted her to be more involved in our family, but there was always an excuse as to why she couldn't meet us for dinners, etc. She'd be studying, helping someone from abroad (which i don't really believe, what could she be doing for anyone being miles away?), and on the rare occasions she was free, she was either travelling to see her family, hosting friends or wanted to be alone. I didn't buy that she didn't have any time for us because she doesn't work and was always at home, but she stopped accepting my visits and refused anything to do with my son as well, which slowly distanced my brother. she wouldn't even babysit when my parents were out of town and i needed her to watch him so i could work. personally, i don't think she's as kind as my brother thought.

My parents were on my side, brother wanted to be "neutral", but asked us to not "stress her out even more". A few days ago, me and my parents went to her house to talk things out with them both. We were upset, but tried our best to explain why her distance and refusal to help was unacceptable since she doesn't work and has free time, i told her i wished she'd be more caring and she got increasingly angrier, but said nothing. Then she turned to my brother and asked him if he agreed, but he said he didn't want to take sides. She said that this was "another example of why she felt so resistant to the idea of getting into a relationship", that "she couldn't take it anymore and felt better being alone" and then broke up with him. I was shocked, none of us expected this and my brother immediately tried to backtrack, but she told all of us to leave her house immediately and to not go back.

Now i'm feeling guilty and my brother won't speak to us because i ruined his relationship and she's irreducible. She isn't bothering to listen to anyone in our family and I'm afraid there's no way to fix this. AITA or did she overreact?

Hey PhD judge woman me and my parents are here to confront you about why you won't babysit my son since you obviously don't have anything better to do with your time.

Brother getting broken up with is just the :discourse: cherry on top.