Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the most powerful flying bug?
This poll is closed.
🦋 15 3.71%
🦇 115 28.47%
🪰 12 2.97%
🐦 67 16.58%
dragonfly 94 23.27%
🦟 14 3.47%
🐝 87 21.53%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

any post can be a kannapost
if you want it to be

OctaMurk posted:

Ukraine is developing a Trembita missile. Ukrainian volunteers have started to develop a “people’s” missile called Trembita. Designers plan to create a small cruise missile with a pulsejet engine.

i dont get why they dont try copying one of the cheapo iranian designs, they are simple enough that the houthis could make them despite the blockade so surely ukraine can

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

AnimeIsTrash posted:

https://www.kyivpost.com/post/15851

https://www.kyivpost.com/post/16101

i somehow missed this, but unshockingly the ukraine crypto thing was a total scam.

Diamond hands

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

AnimeIsTrash posted:

i somehow missed this, but unshockingly the ukraine thing was a total scam.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Horseshoe theory posted:

How do you say "Rug pull" in Ukrainian? :thunk:

rugpullatsiya

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

lobster shirt posted:

rugpullatsiya

is this where we all pull out AKs and magdump in your face for pronouncing it wrong?

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

lobster shirt posted:

rugpullatsiya

this is russian. You are sullying the pvre nordic heritage of the cossack freemen with this mudblood tongue.

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

any post can be a kannapost
if you want it to be

rihpillatsyi

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

tazjin posted:

Which is extra funny because the next biggest party after Putin's, so arguably in some way the biggest opposition party, are the communists.

weird how no one mentions this but the media acts like the guy who quotes rick sanchez like he was an enlightenment era philosopher is democratic russias president in waiting

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna

Some Guy TT posted:

weird how no one mentions this but the media acts like the guy who quotes rick sanchez like he was an enlightenment era philosopher is democratic russias president in waiting

is navalny really a Rick and morty guy?

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Zedhe Khoja posted:

is navalny really a Rick and morty guy?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJdoG9tUR6w

Some Guy TT has issued a correction as of 22:04 on Apr 30, 2023

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Navalny is some YouTube guy.

I can't believe western press tried to push someone even more embarrassing than Guaido.

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

jfc

put this guy in a penal batallion and have him clear minefields in the donbass

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
wow, harry potter and rick & morty

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

im pickle navalny!!!

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Lostconfused posted:

I can't believe western press tried to push someone even more embarrassing than Guaido.

For people who love Putin’s right wing views but hate his relative competence at not collapsing the country.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

the public access quality navalny video with the cockroach or whatever was pure gold

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Lostconfused posted:

oscar winner navalny to you

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

lobster shirt posted:

im pickle navalny!!!

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

tazjin posted:

how will the nationality of the new world chess champion affect the politics of this conflict

If Putin didn't start this war then Ding would've never gotten a chance to play in this tournament. He's a symbol of Putin and must be removed from the championship title

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

AnimeIsTrash posted:

i somehow missed this, but unshockingly the ukraine crypto thing was a total scam.

we must stop putin from crashing bitcoin

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

lobster shirt posted:

im pickle navalny!!!

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
:munch:

https://twitter.com/visegrad24/status/1652734303959121924

Wide Yuri Stance

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

lobster shirt posted:

im pickle navalny!!!

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

lobster shirt posted:

im pickle navalny!!!

thread title plz

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Create propaganda without nazi imagery
Challenge level - impossible

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

on the subject of the western public slava ing for Taipei, biked past a bungalow today that had a giant Ukrainian flag with trident flying from one corner and an equally large ROC flag on the other

tazjin
Jul 24, 2015

Russian Telegram is reporting that Russia is doing unprecedentedly large air strikes suddenly, right now, with missiles launched from jets. Maybe UKR air defence is finally down?

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Frosted Flake posted:

on the subject of the western public slava ing for Taipei, biked past a bungalow today that had a giant Ukrainian flag with trident flying from one corner and an equally large ROC flag on the other

need an israeli flag too if they want the trifecta

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Frosted Flake posted:

tintin taught me to hate the kmt and nothing has changef my mind so far

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely

tazjin posted:

Russian Telegram is reporting that Russia is doing unprecedentedly large air strikes suddenly, right now, with missiles launched from jets. Maybe UKR air defence is finally down?

Could also be an indication that Ukraine is about to kick off some large scale operations and have concentrated alot of their forces to take the offensive.

I remember prior to the Kharkiv offensive there were suddenly a bunch of large Russian missile hits on infrastructure and military centers in the region.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Air strikes have been happening the entire time. There's been more cruise missile launches a couple of days ago I think? They didn't get mentioned here, and I'm not keeping up with the news that much.

It's like middle of the night over there, so nobody really knows what's really happening until at least several hours from now.

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

All the leaks pointed to the 30th, didn't they?
Maybe it's the reverse offensive?

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

Neurolimal posted:

You can get minis as good as GW for a fraction of the price, by buying from recasters ayyyy lmao

They're almost all in Russia/Ukraine so good luck

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

tazjin posted:

Reddit is saying there was a big hit and more bombers in the air

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

Isn’t Ukraine supposed to be in a war of national survival? How do you have a quarter unemployed?

How many were unemployed in the USSR or the US in 1942?

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

platzapS posted:

Isn’t Ukraine supposed to be in a war of national survival? How do you have a quarter unemployed?

How many were unemployed in the USSR or the US in 1942?

the neoliberal version of war of national survival is as disappointing as everything else

remember the central tenet: things cannot get better

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

Megamissen posted:

i dont get why they dont try copying one of the cheapo iranian designs, they are simple enough that the houthis could make them despite the blockade so surely ukraine can

Maybe China won't sell them 20000 cheap 2- stroke scooter engines? Maybe the factories have already presold their capacity to Iran? Manufacturing is not as easy as you think.

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
I would say it is a pretty different context. Arguably, very little unemployment existed in 1942 (I would count agricultural work as employment) due to almost all human resources were used in some capacity, but there was still an industrial/agricultural sector that needed manpower.

In Ukraine, the strikes have really done a massive amount of damage to Ukraine's industrial base and service sector. It is true that the lights haven't completely gone out (as the previous discussion about the nuclear plants), but a lot of companies just can't do a reliable amount of business for a laundry list of reasons. In addition, the mass number of people who have left have eroded the consumer base on top of everything else. Also, inflation is starting to creep up quite a bit just due to everything else going on, including energy prices.

I do think the IMF really has significantly handicapped Ukraine's ability to defend itself by capping combat pay, it probably had tipped the scales for a lot of soldiers who knew the dangers but their families had needed the money.

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Ardennes posted:

I do think the IMF really has significantly handicapped Ukraine's ability to defend itself by capping combat pay, it probably had tipped the scales for a lot of soldiers who knew the dangers but their families had needed the money.

Arrest all able-bodied males and demand they fight in penal battalions (AKA the 13th Amendment carveout method) - bing bong, so simple!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
Seems like russia is adding the tu-160s to the mix

https://twitter.com/hashtag/BREAKING?src=hashtag_click