Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
is there a good searchable list of all the epstine-adjacent people/visitors somewhere? the island people, the airplane people, the mansion people etc. etc.

preferably something that gets updated when new names like noam are revealed. epsteinpedia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marenghi
Oct 16, 2008

Don't trust the liberals,
they will betray you
That woody Allen article. They really didn't try hide it all back then.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Marenghi posted:

That woody Allen article. They really didn't try hide it all back then.

If you ever want to just scromit for hours, read any memoir either by or about the groupie scene. Just a neverending stream of children being abused and the most anyone has to say about it negatively is "that was just how things were".

And like, this poo poo is everywhere even today. Like, I have no love for Emmanuel Macron, but read this section from his Wikipedia page and try not to be a little ill:

quote:

They met during a theatre workshop that she was giving when he was a 15-year-old student and she was a 39-year-old teacher, but they only became a couple once he was 18.

His parents initially attempted to separate the couple by sending him away to Paris to finish the final year of his schooling, as they felt his youth made this relationship inappropriate. However, the couple reunited after Macron graduated, and were married in 2007.

How many news articles do we see mention that he was literally groomed by his wife? At most they'll comment on the age gap but leave aside the details of her being his teacher and, in the most generous possible reading, setting a calendar reminder for the literal minute he was legal and "starting" the relationship then.

Same poo poo happened in my high school but because neither of them got caught before she turned 18 and because they're still married, no one even bats an eye at them. That kind of poo poo was extremely normal everywhere until recently and one only needs to glance at the laws nationwide about marrying minors to see that it is still very much tolerated, if just not talked about as openly as it used to be.

Marenghi
Oct 16, 2008

they will betray you
I hadn't realised his wife met him when he was underage. I've only ever seen the gap framed as a little unusual, younger man with an older woman. Never a mention of the age they met.

It's still pretty common in places now I think about it. Drake has been in a few relationships with just turned 18year olds who he was 'friends' with long before then. He even became friends with the girl from stranger things when he saw her in the first season.

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-p1feEHJZM

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.

Doktor Avalanche posted:

[Epstein] had been convicted of a crime and had served his sentence (Noam Chomosky)

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977

Mola Yam posted:

is there a good searchable list of all the epstine-adjacent people/visitors somewhere? the island people, the airplane people, the mansion people etc. etc.

preferably something that gets updated when new names like noam are revealed. epsteinpedia.

https://twitter.com/Daniell32703718/status/1202329308112535555?t=1g1tvX-3dlok9BKJEZ4e0Q&s=19

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

mawarannahr posted:

holy poo poo

Noam ChoMosky

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana
Nov 25, 2013

smarxist posted:

sarah kendzior was convinced she was going to be kidnapped and renditioned somewhere by joy ann reid because she was left in a green room unattended for 45 minutes and that will never not be hilarious

She might be a loon in person but she's a good writer and I learned a lot of new stuff (new to me at least) from They Knew so I'm calling it a wash. As for her being a fed, I guess it might explain sowing doubts about OkC and how the feds focused on McVeigh and not anyone else... Limited hangout?

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

they didnt hide it because it wasnt a problem. the west only began paying lip service to the issue in the late 70s. we may well be the first or second generation raised in conditions where its even spoken about openly much less condemned. a lot of these people were moving and shaking when it was a-ok and have been chafing so hard.

honestly the less you think about what a historically bizarre bubble this cultural shift is the better. also how little of the population falls under the bubble.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana posted:

She might be a loon in person but she's a good writer and I learned a lot of new stuff (new to me at least) from They Knew so I'm calling it a wash. As for her being a fed, I guess it might explain sowing doubts about OkC and how the feds focused on McVeigh and not anyone else... Limited hangout?

oh yeah, I think she has done pretty good work, her only crime just being a bit of a crackpot and hell,

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

i always thought it was weird that chomsky managed to stay on the faculty of MIT for decades when say cornel west couldn't get tenure at harvard but him being best buddies with epstein would explain a lot

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

Shear Modulus posted:

i always thought it was weird that chomsky managed to stay on the faculty of MIT for decades when say cornel west couldn't get tenure at harvard but him being best buddies with epstein would explain a lot

the compatible left

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

endowed chair at Union Theological Seminary probably has a better salary and is more on brand tbh

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
Massachusetts Institute of Tech-chomology

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
actual nazi or plant?

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2023/04/27/us/ethan-anthony-army-soldier-plot-gun-guilty-plea/index.html

quote:

When the illegal firearm was discovered in March 2022, Anthony was stationed at Fort Bragg in North Carolina as an intelligence analyst, according to records provided by the Army. He was involuntarily separated from the military in February 2023

quote:

On his electronic devices, investigators found evidence of "a preliminary self-titled 'operation'" aimed to "physically remove as many of [black and brown people] from Hoke, Cumberland, Robeson and Scotland Counties by whatever means need be," the release said.

He has faced no federal charges related to the alleged plot.

quote:

Anthony was indicted by a federal grand jury on one count of possession of an illegal firearm related to the weapon violation.

After pleading guilty to the charge, Anthony faces up to 10 years in prison, the release said. His sentencing is scheduled for July 25, court records show.

quote:

Calls for comment to Fort Bragg about the incident have not been returned.

The case was handled by the US Attorney's Office instead of the military judicial system due to initial concerns "over activity occurring in the community and potentially with other civilian actors within the community" and because Anthony was accused of bringing in items from off base, Don Connelly, a spokesperson for the office, told CNN.

Connelly noted their strong relationship with military colleagues helped to resolve the case.

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

the one thing i thought when i saw this in the news the other day was "what idiot brings a gun to a military base"

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Cached Money posted:

the one thing i thought when i saw this in the news the other day was "what idiot brings a gun to a military base"

Coals to Newcastle

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

For who knows what is good for a person in life, during the few and meaningless days they pass through like a shadow? Who can tell them what will happen under the sun after they are gone?

Shear Modulus posted:

i mean chomsky got tenure in 1961, when west was in elementary school and epstein wasn't born, and he (chomsky) was teaching and researching well into his 90s, before leaving for arizona (he's now emeritus at MIT).

west was tenured at harvard (with the highest rank of professor the university can give) in the 90s, after having held tenure at yale and princeton. west's departure from harvard was mostly driven by conflict w/ summers, and his return years later was to a non-tenured position for professionals practicing, rather than scholars. west was certainly marginalized for his radicalism in a way that was racialized: https://www.jstor.org/stable/25073176?seq=1

Petey has issued a correction as of 02:13 on May 2, 2023

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

A Bakers Cousin posted:

actual nazi or plant?

Por que no los dos?

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

Nazis serve the capitalist state whether the know it or not.

Tungsten
Aug 10, 2004

Your Working Boy

The Atomic Man-Boy posted:

Nazis serve the capitalist state whether the know it or not.

"... You think you’d rather hear about what you call ‘life’: the growing, organic Kartell. But it’s only another illusion. A very clever robot. The more dynamic it seems to you, the more deep and dead, in reality, it grows. Look at the smokestacks, how they proliferate, fanning the wastes of original waste over greater and greater masses of city. Structurally, they are strongest in compression. A smokestack can survive any explosion—even the shock wave from one of the new cosmic bombs”—a bit of a murmur around the table at this—“as you all must know. The persistence, then, of structures favoring death. Death converted into more death. Perfecting its reign, just as the buried coal grows denser, and overlaid with more strata—epoch on top of epoch, city on top of ruined city. This is the sign of Death the impersonator.

“These signs are real. They are also symptoms of a process. The process follows the same form, the same structure. To apprehend it you will follow the signs. All talk of cause and effect is secular history, and secular history is a diversionary tactic. Useful to you, gentlemen, but no longer so to us here. If you want the truth—I know I presume—you must look into the technology of these matters. Even into the hearts of certain molecules—it is they after all which dictate temperatures, pressures, rates of flow, costs, profits, the shapes of towers. . . .

“You must ask two questions. First, what is the real nature of synthesis? And then: what is the real nature of control?

“You think you know, you cling to your beliefs. But sooner or later you will have to let them go. . . .”

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Tungsten posted:

"... You think you’d rather hear about what you call ‘life’: the growing, organic Kartell. But it’s only another illusion. A very clever robot. The more dynamic it seems to you, the more deep and dead, in reality, it grows. Look at the smokestacks, how they proliferate, fanning the wastes of original waste over greater and greater masses of city. Structurally, they are strongest in compression. A smokestack can survive any explosion—even the shock wave from one of the new cosmic bombs”—a bit of a murmur around the table at this—“as you all must know. The persistence, then, of structures favoring death. Death converted into more death. Perfecting its reign, just as the buried coal grows denser, and overlaid with more strata—epoch on top of epoch, city on top of ruined city. This is the sign of Death the impersonator.

“These signs are real. They are also symptoms of a process. The process follows the same form, the same structure. To apprehend it you will follow the signs. All talk of cause and effect is secular history, and secular history is a diversionary tactic. Useful to you, gentlemen, but no longer so to us here. If you want the truth—I know I presume—you must look into the technology of these matters. Even into the hearts of certain molecules—it is they after all which dictate temperatures, pressures, rates of flow, costs, profits, the shapes of towers. . . .

“You must ask two questions. First, what is the real nature of synthesis? And then: what is the real nature of control?

“You think you know, you cling to your beliefs. But sooner or later you will have to let them go. . . .”

"Control lies in the animal-environment system. Control is by the animal in its world, the animal itself having subsystems for perceiving the environment and concurrently for getting about in it and manipulating it. The rules that govern behavior are not like laws enforced by an authority or decisions made by a commander; behavior is regular without being regulated. The question is how this can be."

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
The rehabilitated Jeffery Toobin was commissioned to write and release a Timonthy McVeigh book to discredit "Aberration in the Heartland".
https://twitter.com/BirdWendy2/status/1653495851191357448?t=L80lV0HsVnXqTH_HIPXRnw&s=19

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

https://twitter.com/corpseinorbit/status/1653439775611682819

Marenghi
Oct 16, 2008

they will betray you
https://twitter.com/ThePopTingz/status/1653167511393689607

If the elite wanted to hold a sacrifice, the MET Gala would be the perfect cover for transporting bodies.

Bit of an odd theme this year. Celebrating Karl Lagerfeld, a man who's father was a Nazi member and ran a business which profited immensely from Ostarbeiter slave labor.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

whats the deets on this swindle?

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

lol https://twitter.com/trashradio_/status/1652396094142160898

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

wrong nose, wrong hair.

I'm open to this but that's def not him

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

mdemone posted:

wrong nose, wrong hair.

ah yes noses and hair, famously inalterable attributes if I remember right other angles look way less like him

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Brain Curry posted:

ah yes noses and hair, famously inalterable attributes if I remember right other angles look way less like him

yeah I laughed at myself after writing that

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

mdemone posted:

wrong nose, wrong hair.

no you see it is him but he got Face/Off’d

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
the hair is seriously off though like that's not Jeffrey Epstein that's Thomas freaking Jefferson or like a clone of the bones they jack off to at Yale or w/e

animist
Aug 28, 2018

Mr Hootington posted:

The rehabilitated Jeffery Toobin was commissioned to write and release a Timonthy McVeigh book to discredit "Aberration in the Heartland".
https://twitter.com/BirdWendy2/status/1653495851191357448?t=L80lV0HsVnXqTH_HIPXRnw&s=19

that sucks, you knew they were gonna do it but that's so blatant

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

alright who is the actor and director mentioned here

Squashy
Dec 24, 2005

150cc of psilocybinic power

animist posted:

that sucks, you knew they were gonna do it but that's so blatant

The Washington Post folks scrambling to repair the Iraq War narrative with their own podcast months after Blowback was released was pretty hilarious to me.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

my bony fealty posted:

alright who is the actor and director mentioned here

Yeah I wanna know.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

It's not clear to me how william burns fits in. He wasn't the director of any government agencies prior to 2018.

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
Epstein promoted him?! :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
how to buy a billionaire

step 1: set up a ponzi scheme
step 2: scam mark
step 3: new guy offers to fix problem and somehow all the money (only from the billionaire) is returned
step n: meet mr jail