Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

coconono posted:

We started out on mars and started to colonize earth. but we’re stupid and warlike so we nuked ourselves on mars then destroyed what little technological resources we brought over.

it could be a repeated cyclical thing. We could migrating between planets and suffering existential civilization failures for a lot longer.

mars? oh yeah mars, sure *slides to the side casually to block everyone's view of venus and it's runaway greenhouse effect*

definitely mars

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

Don't worry, earth will be like venus soon enough.

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

Devoured by the sun in billions of years

Mywhatacleanturtle
Jul 23, 2006

Slavvy posted:

Statistically they are actually swarthy brown hairy dwarves, greys are a recent thing, but there's loads of morphologies to choose from including sexy Aryans, weird mantids, bigfoot, the list goes on.

maybe it’s like revelation space and different morphologies are common in different parts of the galaxy. we’re just stuck with the dorks.

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009

Slavvy posted:

Statistically they are actually swarthy brown hairy dwarves, greys are a recent thing, but there's loads of morphologies to choose from including sexy Aryans, weird mantids, bigfoot, the list goes on

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNK75Qj1M0E

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

we just keep sliding crap worlds closer to the sun.

also fossil records only work if you leave enough matter behind to fossilize. how would we know if a war between disintegrators was fought?

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

We either have no idea why they're here or it's incredibly boring. Both possibilities are terrifying

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

coconono posted:

also fossil records only work if you leave enough matter behind to fossilize. how would we know if a war between disintegrators was fought?

Layers of debris and disintegrated alien particles

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I'll admit that orbs being real is cool but I'm ready for government confirmation of the 12th dimension machine elves

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Mywhatacleanturtle posted:

maybe it’s like revelation space and different morphologies are common in different parts of the galaxy. we’re just stuck with the dorks.

Diamond dogs is one of my top five all time favorite sf stories

I still want to know what that fucken tower was all about!!

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
i searched and i found some literature about this! it's out of print, but i was able to get a copy off of amazon. i will report back in a couple days with what i learn

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

Delta-Wye posted:

i searched and i found some literature about this! it's out of print, but i was able to get a copy off of amazon. i will report back in a couple days with what i learn

:tinfoil:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Lol I had a dream last night for some reason involved granite in Illinois being from Mars and this was a big deal.

There doesn't appear to be any granite from Mars in Illinois, but there IS a Mars Granite in Illinois.

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015

You must pay the price for this post.
To be clear, ancient humans (or any other terran) are not the annihilators, they succumbed to the agony of lifeless immortality and self extinguished when the sum of their crimes became unjustifiable even under the immense power of their will

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

sharknado slashfic posted:

I'll admit that orbs being real is cool but I'm ready for government confirmation of the 12th dimension machine elves

https://superbowl.substack.com/p/the-science-of-emergent-phenomena

Mywhatacleanturtle
Jul 23, 2006

Slavvy posted:

Diamond dogs is one of my top five all time favorite sf stories

I still want to know what that fucken tower was all about!!

Revelation space and most of Vernor Vinge’s body of work are a couple of my favorites among sci-if on the more recent end of things. Lindsay Ellis’ Noumena books were surprisingly decent fun, too.

Now that my life has settled down considerably I’ve stepped back into creative writing as a hobby and have been mulling over some ideas I’ve had. The thrust of one of them is that over billions of years civilizations in the Milky Way have amalgamated into a single network, building to a galaxy spanning monosociety. the reason it isn’t evident to us is that they’ve basically parked their entire operation inside Sagittarius A*, retrieving information from beyond the event horizon by “encoding” it in hawking radiation and retrieving it from the outside. This allows a leap in technological capacity to which the network is so unfathomably advanced that they might as well be gods.

However, they’re not the only monosociety in the universe; a rival lurks at the heart of andromeda, one more robust and advanced and hungry for expansion. They intend to absorb the milky way’s network when the galaxies collide, and, through retrocausality shenanigans, have been picking away at our home networks defenses over the eons as though the collision has already occurred. In a last ditch effort, the Milky Way’s network designates remote planets as “arks”, snatching populations of sapient species too young to be noticed from all over time and space, fostering them there in the fringe hope that they’ll regroup, redevelop, and repel the oncoming onslaught from the inside.

The story opens from the perspective of recent abductees who find themselves on one such planet, joining a makeshift society of other humans, and trying to piece it all together while grappling with the presence of other sapient species who are there for the same reason.

Part of the thematic underpinning is the way civilizations that are considered “advanced” will always find a bigger fish, another rung higher on the ladder, and it keeps ascending that way until you effectively reach the sum consciousness of the universe itself, and even that may not be perfect.

The other part of it is that I just want an excuse to invent cool aliens.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

Rickshaw posted:

This is the thesis of Dr. John Brandenburg, who has analyzed radioactive isotope ratios on the martian surface to conclude that there were massive world-altering nuclear explosions in the distant past:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bjkv9XJga-w

That's just the plot of Rocketship XM:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6XoeiTcKsM&t=2803s

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

coconono posted:

there would be an ash layer in the sediment

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

Mywhatacleanturtle posted:

Revelation space and most of Vernor Vinge’s body of work are a couple of my favorites among sci-if on the more recent end of things. Lindsay Ellis’ Noumena books were surprisingly decent fun, too.

Now that my life has settled down considerably I’ve stepped back into creative writing as a hobby and have been mulling over some ideas I’ve had. The thrust of one of them is that over billions of years civilizations in the Milky Way have amalgamated into a single network, building to a galaxy spanning monosociety. the reason it isn’t evident to us is that they’ve basically parked their entire operation inside Sagittarius A*, retrieving information from beyond the event horizon by “encoding” it in hawking radiation and retrieving it from the outside. This allows a leap in technological capacity to which the network is so unfathomably advanced that they might as well be gods.

However, they’re not the only monosociety in the universe; a rival lurks at the heart of andromeda, one more robust and advanced and hungry for expansion. They intend to absorb the milky way’s network when the galaxies collide, and, through retrocausality shenanigans, have been picking away at our home networks defenses over the eons as though the collision has already occurred. In a last ditch effort, the Milky Way’s network designates remote planets as “arks”, snatching populations of sapient species too young to be noticed from all over time and space, fostering them there in the fringe hope that they’ll regroup, redevelop, and repel the oncoming onslaught from the inside.

The story opens from the perspective of recent abductees who find themselves on one such planet, joining a makeshift society of other humans, and trying to piece it all together while grappling with the presence of other sapient species who are there for the same reason.

Part of the thematic underpinning is the way civilizations that are considered “advanced” will always find a bigger fish, another rung higher on the ladder, and it keeps ascending that way until you effectively reach the sum consciousness of the universe itself, and even that may not be perfect.

The other part of it is that I just want an excuse to invent cool aliens.

This sounds ace. Now I'm imagining Earth as the ark planet and laughing at the tragedy of the Milky Way monosociety getting whiplash as the hominids that were advanced to assist in The Great Work not only ended up obliterating their own ark, but they also inadvertently signaled the Andromedon monosociety of the Arks location due to the psychic death scream of 400 gigatons of carbon of life extinguishing.

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

euphronius posted:

that makes me wonder what a planet would look like eons after an apocalyptic war between factions with megaton or gigaton energy weapons

you'd have a lot of stuff and people straight up getting vaporized

i'd imagine there would be a lot of inexplicable impact glass and vitrified stone in addition to all the ash in the fossil record

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

perhaps something like....

the paleocene-eocene thermal maximum?

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Tekne posted:

that makes me wonder what a planet would look like eons after an apocalyptic war between factions with megaton or gigaton energy weapons

you'd have a lot of stuff and people straight up getting vaporized

i'd imagine there would be a lot of inexplicable impact glass and vitrified stone in addition to all the ash in the fossil record

maybe not. Maybe it would be PETM. unless literally the entire planet was a huge city or something there wouldn't be all that much evidence, right?

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

euphronius posted:

*nasa sends instrumentation to mars to find ash layer*

*ash layer is found but inexplicably never mentioned again*

:argh:

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

Space Jam posted:

how would that jive with the fossil record of ancient hominids? i guess maybe we could have evolved separate and parallel to them. i don’t know, i’m out of my depth here.

Aliens are hyper evolved homo sapians/human souls coming back in time/across dimensions in an endless game of "killing the time taveller who killed the time traveller who killed Hitler"

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

euphronius posted:

what if they distintegrated the ash? :tinfoil:

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Hell yeah

Necrobama
Aug 4, 2006

by the sex ghost
What the gently caress, orb thread?

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Necrobama posted:

What the gently caress, orb thread?

identified object not a ufo

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

m̸̛̛͖̩̐̐̓̐̄́̆̑̕r̷͇͎͚̟̩͉̹̈́̐̀̌̉͊̎̏͝͝ͅ8̴̺̜̝̽̑̿̌͂̅̅̈͛̇͛͝f̵͚̣̰̔̇͛̒͐̎̃͌́̔̃́̑̽͝ ̸͍͙̟̯͎͓͖̫͚̏͑͒̏̓͌̃́̏͆͜͠͝a̵̢̡͇̰̖̎̑̉̆͗͠k̷̭̪̻̯̫̱͓̜̩̯̲̯̭̓̀͆͗̆̃̍̑̀͝w̷̨̧͔̭̪̎̉͌̽͊̌̌̃̏́͊̕͘͝d̸̨̰͈͈̪̥̜́̅̈́͑̋̋͛͗̊̀͆͜5̷̯͖̀͌̑̌̂̈́̒͋̕̚͘̚͝ ̷̪̪͕͉̈́̅͛̆̒͊͂̋̈́̇͋̀̊̕͠ų̶̢̣͍̙̜̠̯̖̻̞̀͊͋̄̃̍̅͐͘̚͜ͅͅ6̷̛͉͙̍̋̋͗́͗̆̄͗̚į̷̟͙͔̞̯̤͔͉͔̅͂̇̄́̄̒̈́́̒͘c̶̨͇͕͕̺̏̅̈́̅̀̃̊͐̾̋̄͋ͅl̵̡̨̞̙̣̭̫͚̻̥̰̘̘̂̾̈̆̽̽̕ǫ̸̛͓͙̫͚̙̆̂̿͋͛͌̽͝o̶͙͉̼͔͍͕̟̼͌͆͐́̈́̽̇̈͊̋̓́͗͝y̴͔͙̳͕̘̌̀͑̐̅̾͊̿͐͘͜͝ͅb̵̪̟͙̱̲̰͗͗͛̾̅̇y̵̧̢̢̭͙̤̩̺͙̥̠̞̐͋̂ͅą̵̭̩͎̹̫̗̣̔̌̏̅͜i̶̩̘͈̟̼̬̣̼͓̞̪̾̀̓͂̈́͛̅̇̑̾̌͜͜͝ͅ ̶̥̗̞̼̙̬̟̱͛̓̇̇̀̈́͐̒͂̎̈́̇͝͝͝.̶̢͍͔̻̜̙̮̺̯͓͈͎͕̹̃͋́̓̏͛̄̏̀̑͛̇͘a̴̠͑̅ẵ̴̯̖͎̯͉̯̘̫͎̺̱͗͐̃͋͂̚͝ḯ̶͈̲̱̭͙̟͎̗̺̳̠̯̼̂͐͌͝o̶̰̻̜̹͈̎̐̈̆̈́̾̀̎́̃ ̶̤̣̻̰͎̰͍̜̰̯̽͆͆ ̷̱̲̩͖̜̰̖̃́̈́́o̶̦͉͒́t̷̯̬͇̫̼̯̹̪̲̪͖͓̩̖̓͌͊̀̕ ̸̢̛̺̯̼̼̮̦̤͌͊̌̋̊̈́̎͠m̸̢̼̊͐̐̒͌̈́̑͘l̶̮͔̞̗̺̏͋̌̂̇͊̐͌͑̉ş̴̛̘̣͉̭͋̉͛̉͑̄͝ͅt̷͎̩̥̤̯̍̚i̵͚̝͝w̴̲̗̩̫̯̹̬͇̻̜̦̦̲͔͋̑́̓̓̑̍̏̾̕̕ ̸̛̮̝̲͕͇̘̑̋̌ͅͅń̵̛̛̤̤͒̊̓͗͂̃̐̀̾̊͠,̶̰͚̖̞̋͜r̸͍̫̰̓̒̾̎̅̌̀͊ą̶͈͇̻͕̘͈̂̅̿̍̈́̎͐͊̋̾͝͠ ̵̨̖͕̩̫̤̜̔͌͑͊̓̎̕͜ͅ ̶̜͋͂͗̎ ̴̧͖̻̥̝̜̮͈͎̟̺̲̦͎̑̍̓̈́̎̅̍̔͛́̔̌̀h̵̛̲̫̼̱͌̔̎͐̽̾͐́̅̄͐͆͠ņ̷̢̻͔͍̏́̉̈́̽͊̽͝ě̶̖͇̫͍̙̱̮͋ȏ̴̭̱̘̫̞̰̻̿͐̈́͌̏͊̽̄͘̚͘͝ȅ̴̡͍̮͕̘̀͗̇̆̾́͐͋̀̄͂͜ͅḩ̸̨̛̛̬̹̦̘̫͚͇̪̦̺̾̂͛̓̍́̏̐̅̔̅̓̕͜ͅg̴̛͈̞̗̠̩̘̮͗̒͊̈́̑̒́͜͜͝l̸̡̩̼͍̪̺̥̥̜͋̀̑͆͘̕ ̶̧̛̬̗̘̹͕̭̞̈̽̈̾́̀́͛͘ļ̴̢̝̫͕̱͍̲͇̲̆̊̃̅͑e̴̱̲͔̝̺̹̹̖̞͖̰͌͜ͅͅ1̸̡̠̼̜̝̱̊̓̍̈́̄͜͝ŗ̸̡̩̦̪̰̟̰͍̹̹̫̈́́́̉́̑ṟ̴̣̝͎̪̫̙̤̲͛̓̋̓̾̉͘̚ ̵͚̘͕̖̜̣̭̄̓͛̽̑͑̅̕͜͠t̸̻̄͋̕̚ò̷̧͍̲͙͚͚̮͙̬̟͚̺̣̈̂́́̽̿́̚͜ͅ ̸̙̣͔̏́̔͌̇̉̚͘͝d̵̡̛̛̰̗̣̔̌́͜ ̶̧͈̼͇̤͇̲͒ͅ4̶̡̢̮̗̎ṳ̸͎̱̙̟̘̬̳̜̘̺̤̋̃̆́̎͑̃̉̀̒̽͘̚ͅd̴̗̖̺͍͙̰̦͉͌̉͜s̸̨̧̛̬̻̠̤̦͍̠̭̯̽͆̑̑͑̽̾̐̍̎̀ͅͅB̴͖͕͇͔̺̼̐̄͋̓̃͛͝ő̵̡̜̤̞̣͚̜̅̀̈́̎̃̋̒̔̀͊̈̄͝5̶̢̝̪̝̘̟̬͉̺̗̯͔̚t̸͍̳̙̪̋̿̔̈́̓͆͐̏t̵̨̢͔̦̤̱̲̥͖̖̪͈̃̕ȇ̵̡̧͈̻̻͈̩͙̓̿͜l̴̡̫͎͖̮̱̒́͛̋̍̆̎̄͂͘͝h̴̼̣̯͋͐̅̑̿͜t̸̰̯͚͍̹̬͙̉0̶̡̢̨̧̖͚̞̘̦̮̹̠̂̊̑͗̂͑̐̽͂́̽͘͠u̶̡̨̱̺͖̣̜̬̝̯̎͛̔̕͘͝ ̶̢̨̼͖̹͇͚̗̝̰͕̣̠͐̾̏͘ͅp̶̬̎͋̆̈́͠g̶̛̛̜̝̞̮͗̽̒̊̂̋̋͌͋́͑͜͝ḩ̵̢̫͔̯̥̝̀̅̌ḛ̶̢̨̖̞̲̮͎̯͎̌̀̎̄̔̕.̸̢̙͙̹̱͚̟͙̤͍͙͔̤̦̙͗͋̓͌͐̇̾̍̽͘͝b̸̟̠̈́̓͗͊̈̚̕à̷̰͍͈̬͉̭̯̦̤̟̝̰̠̯̾̑̔͛͛̐B̴͈͕͈̝̼̋̋͜M̷̪̭̳͛̈́͌͗́̈́̎͌̏̄̈͠ ̴̲̝̹̗̮̰͕̺̱͍̤̫̏̊̋͆̓͗͛̇̿́͂̍ͅi̵̭̬̹͙̥͇͒̔̏͊̔̔̅͛̈́͋̕͘c̸͉̭̬̠̦͍͍͉͌͌͒͗͐͋̂̒́͜ͅp̴̢̧̫͎̝̪̖̖̭̥̉͂̎̉̇̅̐̽̈̔͌͝n̸̨̢̜̯͚̯̥̹͖̗͍̞̙͗͋ͅư̷̤̼̖̞̩͖̼̻͓͈̗̮̦̏̑͑̀̚͜͝͝s̵̨͍̳̼̜̩̖͙̜̾̿̆͌͋̀́̿́͆̚̕͝ĩ̴̟͙͚̻̮̼̏̓̈̿͛̌̚̕͝͝͠ḧ̵̜͙̍̇͗̐̇͒͑̕ḿ̷̨̢̤̺̭̦͔̩̤̆͗ę̶̤̪͈͓̱̣̞̱̝͍͇͕̏͜ǩ̶̛͔̬̖͈̞̳̠̠͋̈́͒̀̊̏̄͐͝͝ͅr̸̟̻̠͇͙͚͗̆̀ţ̸͉̝̥͚̹͍̻͙̲̈́́̆̈́̽͋́̌̑a̸͔͐̅̕ ̶͉̬͈̔é̴̻̖̠̈͜͝ ̶̧͉̭͂̓̿̑̒͝o̸̭̩̜̟̻̭͐͋e̷̬͉͈̪̅p̴̧̛̖̘̗̗͕̟͉͚͉̖͚̤̄̀͛͆̒̏̈̚͝ņ̷͎̭͍̗̪̞̟̙̱͓̲̫̮̩͂̅v̸̧̯̳͇̠͚̝̮̣̊̿͒͆̒̋̇̄̅̓̔̑̎̕͝ͅc̵̖̗̰͙̉͛̆́̔̍͂̎̒̕̕ͅa̶͉͔͖͖̻̼͈̰̭̪̮͓͖̍.̶̡̞̟̹̤͈̳̗͖̈́̕͜ ̴̬̯̻̤̤̰̓̓͊̈́̐̿̂́́̀̅̃͜͠ ̴̺̞̳̮̭̟͈͍̯͙̯̻̃͌̾̓̽̇̒͒̆̚0̸̨̢̙͉̩̰̳̲̓̿͆͊͗̕̕͝ţ̷̟͍̠̗̻͎̭̳͙̝̈́̊̽ŏ̷͓̻̲̲̝̗̲̠̫̰̙̤͐̚:̵̛͇͍̭͙̬͚̭̦͍̳̟͐̃͊̿̔̋̓̓̒͐̌͛͝͝ ̵̝̣̳̜̣͔̤̙̟̈́́͂̂̊͑̒̽̒̾͗4̸̮̏̀͜t̶̪͎̘̰̿̇͐r̴̡̨͎͖̪̮̲̰̬̼̗̣̞̍͂t̷̰̜̙́̂̌̎͜ú̵̙͍̟̣̼̺̘͖͍͎̋͝ͅ ̴̧̗̩̲̫̣̼̰̝̦̹́̄̓͗̎̇͠d̵̛̞̳̩̫͚͙̎͛̈́͋͋͗́̎̈̓͝ȩ̴̧̧̲̞̫̓̒͊͊́̂̀̌̓͒͌͋͝ç̸̙̖̯̮̭͔͔͇̱̱̳̟͛ͅ4̷̢̧̛̰̫͇̬̪͙̠͈͉͔͒̆̎͂̋̅̿͛̈́̈́̚͘.̶̛̳̗̊̔̀̽̿̈̈́̕͠͝͝r̴̪͙̘̲̖̎̃̚̚͜ ̷̬̫̦̳́͆̿̏̍͛̓͑̆̃́͛̚ ̴̢̯̣̲̣͕͙̖͆͗̾t̸̢̞̻̞͔͔͙̩̣̭͎͔͊ȩ̴̡̛͕̼̻̥̳͐͊̒̅͐̿̓͒͂̋̊͛͠͠ủ̶̩͖̗̰̳̦̣̬͖͓̮͚̆͛́̃ͅę̴͍̱̟̯̲̞͙̥̬̫͖̿̀ ̴̠͉͚̖̜̞̖̞͇̠̙̪̯̍͛ͅọ̵̡̹̲̰̭̘͎͎̭̎̒̋͌̔̊̀̋̏̋͆͊͘̚̚l̶̼̥͙̘̖̫̼͇̖̤̙̭̬̄̏̍ ̵̢̛̼͎͙̇͒̈́͗̒̉̂͑̾ ̶͙̗͕̬̱̟͈̆́̍́͛̕͝8̶̞͖̞̯̋̅͐̈́͂̑̆̑̔͋̃̆ͅ ̵͕̝͗̆̽͗̔̀̅̓̃̄̄̿͌̚͠ȩ̵͈̼̩̠͉̠̤̖͍̺̯̽͂̀͐̍́̂͜ͅt̵̢̢̧̛̤̼̺͈̹̜͔̯̫̙̺́͐̄ͅw̶̧̒́͝͝ļ̴̨̛̛̝̯̣̠̟̗͎̼͔̲̇̎͂͋̃͋̎̈́̀̔͜ḩ̵̨̨̝͎̩͓͙̤̰͖͇̦̬͊̌̃͜͠͝ṅ̸̢͚̻̻̮̫̼̰̬͖̞̰̉̽͂̐͛̎̽̄́͘͘͝l̶̝̻̰̦̮͓̘̤̟̮̦͍͆͗i̶̢̽͊̅͒͗̉̀̂̕͘̚͝ ̵̧͖͓̣͍̭͇̲̯̠̘̈́̌̆́̌̑͆̔̄͊h̶̯͂̓̀̓̃̑̄̇̀̚̚͝ ̵̛̙͍̻̩͈̮͕̱̙̲͖̣́̄̿̾̌͆̐͛̄̾͒̕͘ͅt̵̗̥̖̞̺͓̭͎͔̹̪̣̤͑͗̃ͅͅn̷̡̰̯͉̪̠̯̰̫͈̺͈̞͊͊̽̽͘͜͠i̷̡̫̭̖̭͈̜̯̗͖̱̟͊̆̐́̄̄̚͝ḷ̸̭͎̼͊̓̅̈́̈͌̈́̊̅͋͒͐͘͠ ̶̢͖̺͇̗̙̗̺͙͚̃ͅr̵͇̜̰̘͎̍̀́̾́̇i̷̢͚͔̜̔̔̂̊́̚͠g̶̢̢̯͉͈͈͔̯̘̞̙͌́͋ņ̷̡̝͈͍̱͉̗͚̜͔̞̩́̌̉͂̌͂͂́ͅ ̶̢̛̳͎͎̥́̃̽̌̂̃͗͌̋̎͊ẽ̴̳̫̪̥̞̆͛̀̽̑́̔̋̆͒͘P̶̡̥̮̠̠̫̥̟̳̺̜̺̌͑̑̑̈̒̚e̶͓̙͌͒̃̑̓̔̔̔̈́ ̶̰̖̼̰̼̦̠̣̗̫͎̥̼͙͕̎̓̋͌̈́̄͠ ̶̗̬͉͕͕̘̦̳̟͉̤̖̋̐̓͌̋̂̌7̸̡̥̪̥̥̽̓͋̓͗ͅ

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

The government finally found us

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
vve k..ow if a w r be

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
if awrbe what?

will the orbs be enough!?

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

the mars nuke chat finally tripped an alert in some secret subterranean base

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

i am going to nuke mars (actionable)

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
for the last loving time mars is an identified object a ufo is an unidentified flying object get it right or suffer the consequences

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

for the last loving time mars is an identified object a ufo is an unidentified flying object get it right or suffer the consequences

What if you throw a Mars bar and no one knows what it is

Are there still mars bars do they still make them

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

Inspector Hound posted:

What if you throw a Mars bar and no one knows what it is

Are there still mars bars do they still make them

a mars bar is what they call a milky way in ireland

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

Jazerus posted:

i am going to nuke mars (actionable)

um, mods?!?

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Dr. Jerrold Coe posted:

a mars bar is what they call a milky way in ireland

The Mars bar Wikipedia article is so exhaustive as to be useless, nuke Mars

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Hooplah posted:

perhaps something like....

the paleocene-eocene thermal maximum?

I was gonna say the state of either planet either side of ours but that works too

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

What are the consequences?? I need to make an informed decision