Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Lol. 60k votes. And to an LBC presenter, so not exactly Grauniad Muesli munchers

Edit. Lol

https://twitter.com/eblair_fan/status/1652736797015695360?s=46&t=m_nNbkNoHG4lLitcpyHReg

smellmycheese fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Apr 30, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...

smellmycheese posted:

Come, sweet bullets

I am 100% certain that both those lads have that moustache because Captain Price had one.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Nilbop posted:

I am 100% certain that both those lads have that moustache because Captain Price had one.

The one on the right reminds me of Cpt Darling from Blackadder IV, he's got the same squinty eyes.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Feels like Charles could have slipped into the job with a bit of a bash and some bootlicking but this whole “swear fealty to me peasants!”horseshit is going to end up backfiring badly on him like a fiat uno in a Paris underpass

https://twitter.com/gmb/status/1652750751444205570?s=46&t=m_nNbkNoHG4lLitcpyHReg

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost
I hope things get spicy at some of the football matches next Saturday

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

So many treasonous to be executed.

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

What are your blokes thoughts on new research that indicates British workers are increasingly likely to work into their 70s

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

Wizard Master posted:

What are your blokes thoughts on new research that indicates British workers are increasingly likely to work into their 70s

As a blokess this question was not addressed to me (joking!). However, it doesn't surprise me.

Throughout my working life, I've worked with people in their 70s who have had no choice especially women.

One of my nans worked into her late 70s - she was widowed at 49 and worked as a seamstress - into her early 80s - she tailored clothes for some people some of you might have heard of but I won't name them here!) and also had a job cleaning the local church and the cleaning chemicals they gave her to use badly damaged the skin on her arms, let alone the kneeling scrubbing stone floors.

One place I worked, there was a 76yo clerical temp who lived in a tent having escaped a brutally violent husband & having been from an era when women were expected to give up work on marriage (this was still a consideration when I first entered the workforce - late 70s - and if you were a woman it was still legal for employers not to employ you if you were of 'child-bearing' age) & only had a pension derived from husband's National Insurance contributions, had no other means of subsistence.

The two women who we use to clean the corridors & other common areas of our flats are in their 70s too. Again, one divorced, one widowed.

Above I'm talking about people who need to work for the income.

Also, many people of that age work for free for charities etc. Before me, the main IT 'go-to' person was a volunteer in her 70s.

Jaeluni Asjil fucked around with this message at 01:36 on May 1, 2023

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Wizard Master posted:

It's great, who wants to ever retire?

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
so do we literally not have any mods ITT or what

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles

Julio Cruz posted:

At 2am on a Sunday?

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Reveilled posted:

At 2am on a Sunday?

well they clearly haven't done anything from multiple previous reports, I mean

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

It would be nice if we could avoid people who only turn up to be a knobhead.

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles

Julio Cruz posted:

well they clearly haven't done anything from multiple previous reports, I mean

As I understand it the general rule these days is if it's in a regional thread and not urgent, leave it to the IK.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
Is it really something that warrants a desperately urgent mod response anyway? Oh no, an extremely mild troll is here again.

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

I swear that I will pay true allegiance to Your Majesty, and to your heirs and successors according to law. So help me God.

God save King Charles. Long live King Charles. May the King live forever.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

anyone who doesn’t quote me is a traitor and will be reported to the law.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
May 1 is about worker solidarity and strange pagan rituals. I don't think Charles is a worker, although he is dressed like he might start Morris dancing there.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

PawParole posted:

I swear that I will pay true allegiance to Your Majesty, and to your heirs and successors according to law. So help me God.

God save King Charles. Long live King Charles. May the King live forever.

Ngl that's a sick looking outfit.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Julio Cruz posted:

You're a psycho if you want D&D mods anywhere near this thread.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

HopperUK posted:

Is it really something that warrants a desperately urgent mod response anyway? Oh no, an extremely mild troll is here again.

most easily trolled thread strikes again

killerwhat
May 13, 2010

Zeroisanumber posted:

Ngl that's a sick looking outfit.

That cape is giving jrpg vibes

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

With the size and length of those tassels are we sure that's not a curtain?

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
If Andrew was wearing that I would be looking for little feet coming from under it.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe
Looks like the outfit from this classic

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Z the IVth posted:

Where's that from?

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Z the IVth posted:

Hellboy?

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive
prince harry's latest birthday party

fuf
Sep 12, 2004

haha
Has anyone ever tried to get out of a BT broadband contract early without paying an early termination fee?

I'm moving because my landlord is selling so it's not like I'm ending the contract voluntarily, but I still think they are going to want to charge me. I am moving in with family while I look for a new place so I also don't have a new address I can transfer the contract to...

I was thinking I might say that I'm moving to another country, because you don't have to pay a termination fee if they can't provide broadband to your new address, but I don't know how risky that is and how much checking up they'll do etc.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

Brendan Rodgers posted:

Where's that from?

Hitler vs Stalin

https://dsss.be/hitler-vs-stalin/index.php?img=0

fuf posted:

Has anyone ever tried to get out of a BT broadband contract early without paying an early termination fee?

I'm moving because my landlord is selling so it's not like I'm ending the contract voluntarily, but I still think they are going to want to charge me. I am moving in with family while I look for a new place so I also don't have a new address I can transfer the contract to...

I was thinking I might say that I'm moving to another country, because you don't have to pay a termination fee if they can't provide broadband to your new address, but I don't know how risky that is and how much checking up they'll do etc.

Just tell them you're moving to your parents and they have a broadband contract already? Does BT want to cover the early termination fee for the other provider?

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

https://twitter.com/skynews/status/1652869757870264321?s=46&t=m_nNbkNoHG4lLitcpyHReg

smellmycheese fucked around with this message at 10:14 on May 1, 2023

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

yes he's in a workplace but I wouldn't say what he's doing is work

fuf
Sep 12, 2004

haha

Z the IVth posted:

Just tell them you're moving to your parents and they have a broadband contract already? Does BT want to cover the early termination fee for the other provider?

This was the plan but according to https://www.cable.co.uk/providers/bt/cancel/:

quote:

There is still a possibility of being charged. For example, if you don't immediately move to your new home and your temporary accommodation in between can access BT services, then you could be charged.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

The media busy frothing themselves for an epic 5 years of Keithy Crackdowns

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

I got the idea for this article pitch from this thread and am pleased how it turned out

https://wegotthiscovered.com/news/a-guide-to-the-elden-ring-sounding-items-key-to-king-charles-coronation/

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
https://twitter.com/NewStatesman/status/1652963973774311424

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

smellmycheese posted:

The media busy frothing themselves for an epic 5 years of Keithy Crackdowns

gently caress me, this poo poo again?

This media bubble sounds like a Ligotti horror story where everyone is stuck in 2005 forever and it just won't end, the talking points, the soundbites, the fears, the crazy frog poster, the ringtones advert, the slowly rotating music box dancer in the corner playing James Blunt's You're Beautiful just ever so slightly off key like a Shepard tone, so that it constantly sounds like it's winding down but never does. History has ended, and here you are in the kitchen at a party.

The people wearing grey hoodies and smoking skunk biftas (biftae?) are in their late 30s now lad. If you want to do a moral panic you'll have to talk about banning meet me at mcdonalds haircuts and LED scooters.

(I originally assumed "you can't tell people what to wear" was going to be something about the return of masks, because of the arcturus variant about to tear through the country, but I guess we're bored of public health and just griping about the youths again?)

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Happy International Workers Day to all who partake

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8LvxNRReIE

I'll be marking the day by taking the dog for a nice long walk and then going to see How To Blow Up A Pipeline

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
A film about two Ukrainian scuba divers who have a nice holiday in Germany.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
And remember

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHxwY3Fz2gU