Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

clean ayers act posted:

do we all owe paul maurice an apology

Nah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

clean ayers act posted:

Nope

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

clean ayers act posted:

No.

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

BRAKE FOR MOOSE posted:

One of my favorite weird NHL facts is that all cup winners since the 2001 Avs have had a top 3 draft pick on their team

And it'll happen again this year, as every remaining team has at least one.

Betcha cant guess who has the most - it's Florida, with Ekblad, Barkov, Reinhart, and Eric Staal (plus Sam Bennett went 4th overall)

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Is it too late to say lol Boston?

Presidents trophy curse makes great content.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Boston is trash lol

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

the Buins

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

clean ayers act posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3Mm8wDH9Fk&t=11s

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Feels like McDavids year sorry ThinkTank

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

T-Bone posted:

Feels like McDavids year sorry ThinkTank

ThinkTank posted:

Stanley Cup Finals

Edmonton Oilers (P2) vs. Boston Bruins (A1) - Oilers in 6

I know

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
It really does feel like McDavid's year. Carolina is decimated. Toronto won but looked like poo poo doing it. The Devils are young and the Rangers haven't looked that great. Florida is rolling but I thought they looked gassed as gently caress tonight and had to gut that one out. We'll see what they have left for Toronto.

If Colorado loses...that door is wide fuckin open.

Chuch
Jun 28, 2003

A very good doggo
The last time a Paul Maurice coached team faced the Bruins in the postseason, the Bruins were also the heavily-favored President's Trophy winner and lost in game 7 OT at home.

Don't bet against Paul Maurice vs. the Bruins is the moral of the story.

If only images could be used as thread titles.

secret volcano lair
Oct 23, 2005

https://twitter.com/smclaughlin9/status/1652868023806484483?t=DnFsGj-DeoI225f_tGBA0A&s=19

wow I guess he must have sprained something flopping all over the ice every time he got bumped

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Now that I don't care what happens I will be cheering for the Edmonton Oilers. They are the most entertaining team still in the playoffs and the most entertaining team should win. And actually I wouldn't mind if Florida wins too, even though they just beat the Bruins. Tkachuk is a lot of fun to watch.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

It's Berenstain Buins, didn't you know?

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Ginette Reno posted:

It really does feel like McDavid's year. Carolina is decimated. Toronto won but looked like poo poo doing it. The Devils are young and the Rangers haven't looked that great. Florida is rolling but I thought they looked gassed as gently caress tonight and had to gut that one out. We'll see what they have left for Toronto.

If Colorado loses...that door is wide fuckin open.

I'm mildy concerned about the Knights since Stone is back, but if they try and skate with the Oilers like they did the last two times they played the Oilers should roll em.

secret volcano lair
Oct 23, 2005

the leafs oilers final looks incredibly plausible actually. that would be hilarious

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Jamwad Hilder posted:

Now that I don't care what happens I will be cheering for the Edmonton Oilers. They are the most entertaining team still in the playoffs and the most entertaining team should win. And actually I wouldn't mind if Florida wins too, even though they just beat the Bruins. Tkachuk is a lot of fun to watch.

I’d rather he take a puck to the face that explodes all his teeth in slow motion like a Mortal Kombat X-Ray attack.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Go cats

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Remember when everyone (well in Toronto anyway) was saying it was so unfair to have divisional matchups and now they get to have played the 14th and 17th best teams in the league by record.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

secret volcano lair posted:

the leafs oilers final looks incredibly plausible actually. that would be hilarious

I would respond by merely turning that off!

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

I am all for this.

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

Wrong thread. Whatever.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

The Series That Tore SAS Apart but this time in real life and on a national level.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

E: dammit clicked on the wrong thread on the awful app

secret volcano lair
Oct 23, 2005

happy for the kraken, fun team all year and they deserved the win after that McCann thing

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
As we all anticipated at the start of the year, Sheldon Keefe, Paul Maurice, and Dave Hakstol are onto the second round.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Have the loving Devils won the Cup most recently of the remaining teams now? Wow.

e: actually no Carolina! Still, a long time ago!

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

The most recent cup winner still is the Hurricanes who last won in 06.

If New Jersey fails to make it, second most recent is Dallas in 99

secret volcano lair
Oct 23, 2005

gonna be a real letdown when njd / nyr finish this awesome round off with a 7-1 blowout one way or another

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

gonna be a real letdown when njd / nyr finish this awesome round off with a 7-1 blowout one way or another

Much prefer that to an instant replay awarded series

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Philip Grubauer going from a -30 GSVA last season to being a hockey savior in the playoffs is some crazy poo poo.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Well I don't know what happens next but I'm glad Dallas survived.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
goaltending is complete voodoo

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Man if Carolina were healthy they'd be Cup favorites right now. What terrible luck.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
What occurred in the final moments of Sea@Col? I saw offsides review mentioned, but had the Avs seemibgly tied it up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
I asked this in disc, but when was the last time there was a final 8 without a Cup winner from the past 15 years?