Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

chiasaur11 posted:

It's not his travels. It's having a relevant POV character on Earth for the conflicts there. If the show was running longer, I'd think they'd do more buildup there so the plot could bounce over. Instead, the show is staying centered around the school, drawing every character back in, and making resolution simple.

... if anything, isn't that more proof that they're playing the long game? They can't just completely ignore earth and expect people to be happy. So they aren't doing it as some side thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

X-Ray Pecs posted:

Suletta’s friends ask her "if your mom jumped off a bridge, would you?

I literally let out an audible "OOF" when Suletta said "so mom was right" and Miroine clenched her shoulders. They did such a great job building up to Miorine’s eventual breaking point.

At the point you’re reaching your hands over your heads while delivering a monologue about changing the world, you have no choice but to accept you’re the supervillain.

My reaction so seeing this scene delivery was 'FInally!' It was...amazing and disturbing all at once.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Finally watched the new episode and I'm still pretty drat sure Suletta has autism

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice
This artist obsessed with El5n is starting to make me obsessed with El5n, he's such a fascinating shithead.

https://twitter.com/ayanarts/status/1652751794798469120
https://twitter.com/ayanarts/status/1652720375468539905

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008
I hope this story wraps in the two cours seemingly intended, and based on the success instead of more cours they make a full on sequel in a Zeta/Destiny/Endless Waltz sort of way.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
Jesus Christ, Prospera

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Episode 13 dub time. Everyone was on point. Emi Lo matches the energy for Sophie and El5n is deliciously smarmy.

On the rewatch I was paying a lot of attention to Nika to see if I missed anything. She did try to send a message to DOF in this episode but didn't get a response on her little transmitter. And she was sent to the school to act as a plant for DOF in the first place, given what Norea says to her about "paying them back for the chance to study".

Overall I don't have much to add since this episode is still fresh from a few weeks ago, but the dub continues to be good.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Szmitten posted:

I hope this story wraps in the two cours seemingly intended, and based on the success instead of more cours they make a full on sequel in a Zeta/Destiny/Endless Waltz sort of way.

Destiny sucked, and Endless Waltz was not long enough :colbert:

Also I want to keep focus on the tanuki, which Zeta and Destiny did not do (okay destiny did but that was by hostile director takeover)

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Cao Ni Ma posted:

If this is the last season then it might be something that is dealt in like 2-3 episodes as part of the general narrative for QZ. But if there is another season then it could be expanded into general war with multiple space groups that might drag earth into it.

I was not talking about that, I was talking about Felsi Rollo Guel’s friend.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Justin_Brett posted:

Felsi in the Daribalde could be cool, I dunno where she'd get it from though.

She’s part of Jeturk she could ask Lauda.

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4
God drat, GWitch is terrific.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

amigolupus posted:

LMAO that people were speculating Guel and Olcott would have a buddy-cop duo adventure on Earth, and then this episode just had Guel get to Asticassia almost immediately.
he's rich. dude just bought a ticket. everyone knows he's good for it.

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

Jesus Christ, Prospera
she rules. i love it the open thirst for blood.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

amigolupus posted:

LMAO that people were speculating Guel and Olcott would have a buddy-cop duo adventure on Earth, and then this episode just had Guel get to Asticassia almost immediately.

Why were they. The previous episode and the final scene between the two of them ends with Guel asking "Hey how do you get to the nearest space port from here? I gotta take care of what's left of what Dad left me.". There's no other read for that but what happens this ep.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

MonsterEnvy posted:

I was not talking about that, I was talking about Felsi Rollo Guel’s friend.

oh lmao dont even know that girls name

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Love the cut to Aerial when Prospera says "we're the only ones that survived."

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Why were they. The previous episode and the final scene between the two of them ends with Guel asking "Hey how do you get to the nearest space port from here? I gotta take care of what's left of what Dad left me.". There's no other read for that but what happens this ep.

Because they assumed that Guel would face difficulties reaching space without any proof of his identity, money, or equipment, causing the plot to take a couple episodes, letting Guel arrive at the most dramatic moment.

Alternately, they assumed that spending an episode on a setup would mean that more would be done with the setup before restoring the status quo.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

It's incredibly easy to take that and turn it into a mini-arc, if they wanted to. Olcott could simply go, "yeah i can tell you but the nearest safe space port is through a hellwar zone, i'll take you there since i have to meet up with my buds anyway" and then use it as a way to show off more of conditions on Earth, and I think they absolutely would have done that if Guel was the main character instead of a side character.

chiasaur11 posted:

Because they assumed that Guel would face difficulties reaching space without any proof of his identity, money, or equipment, causing the plot to take a couple episodes, letting Guel arrive at the most dramatic moment.

Alternately, they assumed that spending an episode on a setup would mean that more would be done with the setup before restoring the status quo.

They didn't waste the setup at all, though? Guel went through a completely harrowing, life-changing experience, and now he's back at the place where the plot is happening and is in a position to directly influence it.

If anything Guel being too far away from the main plot to influence it would be continuing the status quo, because that's how it was for most of S1 and the beginning of S2.

Kanos fucked around with this message at 03:07 on May 1, 2023

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I somehow doubt we're going for a return to the status quo. This is like a false peace before a Norea or Shaddiq shaped tactical nuke gets dropped.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Incredible how goons failing at basic theory of mind stuff here

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
this is an improvement

https://twitter.com/MON0EYE/status/1652848235944222720?s=20

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

amigolupus posted:

The guy really really didn't want to dad around with him.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
We did a lil Utena, now we doin a lil Evangelion, baby the 90s are feckin BACK

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

Argas posted:

I mean he'd already lost one son and Guel had already lost one dad. It just seems like a bad idea.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

wdarkk posted:

I mean he'd already lost one son and Guel had already lost one dad. It just seems like a bad idea.

He also might have strong political and emotional reasons not to care for the scion of one of the big evil companies.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Kanos posted:

They didn't waste the setup at all, though? Guel went through a completely harrowing, life-changing experience, and now he's back at the place where the plot is happening and is in a position to directly influence it.

If anything Guel being too far away from the main plot to influence it would be continuing the status quo, because that's how it was for most of S1 and the beginning of S2.

I didn't say "waste". I said that people thought that more would be done with the setup. You spend an episode developing a few new characters, giving them goals, and showing a new environment, it's not weird for people to go "Okay, cool, we're getting this for a couple episodes", making them a bit surprised when they do not, in fact, get more for a couple episodes, even if everything is completely functional within the story.

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.

Arc Hammer posted:

It's a relatively minor note in this big infodump of an episode but I am very interested to see what the Space Assembly League manages to dig up regarding Shin Sei. They mentioned that the cost to repair Aerial was much more than a small company like Shin Sei could afford and they suspected a play within the Bejerit Group. We as the audience know that Delling has been privately backing Shin Sei for some time so that he can use Aerial to complete work on Quiet Zero, but that isn't exactly common knowledge to many other people. The SAL finding that little tidbit is damning but ultimately not very effective leverage when it looks like the Benerit Group is on the cusp of tearing itself apart.

I'm more curious to see what they find on Shin Sei itself. Given that we've only seen Prospera, her bodyguard and maybe a handful of nameless engineers, I'm willing to bet that Shin Sei is just a shell corporation for someone else, maybe even Vanadis itself. I don't know yet to say who could be a likely candidate for the company's initial backers, but I can see interesting theories forming based on the groups we know about and who would stand to gain from hiding a top secret gundam out in the Mercurian backwater.

it's totally plausible that shin sei was always a front for someone else, which is why prospera chose mercury as a destination in the first place, but it's also very possible that it was just an irrelevant company established to tweak mobile suits for the mercurian mining operations and prospera was able to gain control of it due to the promise of aerial's tech & resources she was able to bring in from elsewhere

great episode

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://twitter.com/767676na/status/1652664809715040256

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

https://twitter.com/topherflorence/status/1652664811069505536

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

chiasaur11 posted:

Because they assumed that Guel would face difficulties reaching space without any proof of his identity, money, or equipment

I mean, there's clearly cars and poo poo and also that mech he was piloting not 3 minutes before that line so HOW he got to space port is pretty easily realized and the identification is..., I mean there's nothing saying he didn't have even just his loving old student ID on him and even if he didn't I mean he looks like that. Nobody else does and the people attacking work for his dad's (now his) company. It doesn't take much for someone to go "Hey call this in this guy says he's that missing rich kid." Especially since the Earthian's plan was to ransom him for something so they had to have some proof of identification or knew Guel had some way to tell people it was him

On top of the entire scene being the two guys saying they've lost so much and can't afford to lean on one another and Guel saying "Yeah I Have to Go where's the nearest Airport
it's just a bad read. Especially now where the plot is really getting rolling, we don't necessarily need a long drawn out mini arc that further doubles down on the Earthian situation when every scene we see Earth society mentioned kind of easily gets across how not good it is already. These last 4 eps with Guel already was that mini arc.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Argas posted:

Viewers: "Ah, but him not wanting it is why we'll get it so we get family growth"
Show: "Did you think we were joking? He has family. In Space. Bye."

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Ramadu posted:

let prospera cook

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

I don't think enough attention is being drawn to the fact that Secelia is making a point of staying on the couch

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Prospera does not beat around the bush, holy poo poo

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Traveller posted:

I don't think enough attention is being drawn to the fact that Secelia is making a point of staying on the couch

While saying she should see who becomes Miorine's groom as the camera pans over a determined Felsi.

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
So at this point I'm 95% sure that Sulleta's purpose is To be a cloned spare body for Eri to be downloaded into, so naturally Miocene will have to rescue her from that fate. Prospera wants Quiet Zero's Permet Score so much higher than what's "required" because that's what's needed for Cyber-Necromancy.

Hellbore posted:

From Cradle Planet, it would seem that Aerial(Ericht) essentially agrees with Miorine, revenge is fine, but leave Suletta out of it. Also from the book, and episode 16, it doesn't really seem like Prospera has actually spoken with Eri since she turned her into Aerial, so there's probably something brewing there.

I don't think that Prospera knew she had the ability to "talk" to her. Eri seems to have been "dormant" and unable to communicate to anyone except her clone sister (and even then not much) and only completely "woke-up" during the duel with Shaddiq when they tried to use Antidote. Compare the misty silhouette El4n saw to the fully materialized Eri that Sophie saw during their respective pre and post Antidote resonance events. I think that's also the reason El4n wasn't hurt by Aerial but El5n was, she wasn't fully "awake" to kick people out of her room the first time.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

So maybe I'm just the galaxy brain idiot but I immediately assumed this is incredibly literal and there's something real hosed up in that helmet.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Nuebot posted:

So maybe I'm just the galaxy brain idiot but I immediately assumed this is incredibly literal and there's something real hosed up in that helmet.

best part is, you couldn't put it past her

Prospera's been extremely literal when the audience is expected to take her metaphorically, it's darkly hilarious

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

I fully expect to hear Prospera's sick mixtape of the dead researchers' recorded words re-cut into vengeful rants

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

Zomborgon posted:

I fully expect to hear Prospera's sick mixtape of the dead researchers' recorded words re-cut into vengeful rants

She's using deepfakes to gaslight herself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!

Nuebot posted:

There was that “stock transhumanist anime-villain” speech Carlo gave before getting iced. Maybe that helmet has some evil Carlo AI in it that drove Prospera insane. VR headsets kids, not even once.