Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!

tony quidtana posted:

If you unironically think this then you should watch that fans versus favourites season of survivor where they inexplicably bring back the best players on the show to square off against dipshit couch potatoes that idolise them. The last fan on the show gets guilt tripped into giving up immunity by all the favourites even though it would be moronic to do so and they all laugh at him after they vote him out because of the dumbass move he made that enabled them to do so.

That's what rich people on TV think of you lmao

this is a poster that likes to call other people autistic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Who exactly were the people who almost got squished?

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Press

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

nawilo_420 posted:

Epic comeback bro

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

nawilo_420 posted:

let he/she/they who is without autism cast the first troll post

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

I'll never get tired of watching someone pit then it goes right into safety car.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

ASSerbaijan

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Arc Hammer posted:

I woke up early to watch anime and I thought the race was at 1am Eastern so I went back to bed then I saw the thread and tuned in and they were on Lap 6 and I watched it and I should have gone back to bed.

What show did you watch OP

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

net work error posted:

What show did you watch OP

The latest Gundam War Crimes show

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

F1 still poo poo

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

right clicking is stealing
Max never gets to complain about being on the wrong end of a badly timed safety car.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
hell dung baku

SocksAndSandals
Jun 6, 2011

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Arc Hammer posted:

Nice that is better than a boring race

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

nawilo_420 posted:

saying that max and hamilton are basically the same is such an insane take that should basically result in a probation.
Completely insane, lunatic, unhinged, dangerous to self and others even

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

net work error posted:

Everyone liked and continues to like Sir Lewis Hamilton who is the most #blessed driver F1 has ever seen.

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Arc Hammer posted:

G Witch? Or is there something even newer now?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Russian Bear posted:

G Witch? Or is there something even newer now?

Well G Witch but I also watched the new movie that finally went on streaming about the war crimes space nazi who deserted after he gunned down civilians. It was pretty good and it had a goat.

Bruc
May 30, 2006
Lewis seems like a cool dude and not a lame racing robot like Max but I've only gotten into F1 and racing general in the last year and its hard to root for a guy has 7 championships and I just don't see why Max is any more of an overcompetitive rear end in a top hat than like half the people out there . He whines in the moment and seems fine after the races.

Still kinda just rooting for Alonso and sorta Perez, Ferrari drivers are both likeable but I wish there was more of an up and coming team to root for out there, I'd totally be a Max fan if I had started paying attention to F1 like 2 or 3 years ago.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...
I might just be weird but I don't find any of the Formula One racecar drivers very relatable

ja_raul
May 1, 2005

Bruc posted:

I just don't see why Max is any more of an overcompetitive rear end in a top hat than like half the people out there . He whines in the moment and seems fine after the races.

Just wait for Monaco

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I for one hope Checo wins Monaco and fucks over Max.

fart barterer
Aug 24, 2006

David Byrne - Like Humans Do (Radio Edit).mp3
Thanks for the Max info, good stuff.

I only just got into it after watching season 5 of the Netflix show, which was pretty well made I thought, though their level of transparency was a little weird to me. Maybe that's just the reality TV prisoner's dilemma thing where you gossip even knowing it'll get televised because their gossip will get televised too. Weird poo poo. I binged it in a day.

Anyway here are my very uninformed opinions on everyone:

quote:

Red Bull -- Oracle Red Bull Racing

Drivers: Max Verstappen & Sergio Perez
Team Principal: Christian Horner
No one knows just how good the Red Bull is because it’s good enough to get easy wins without pushing too hard. Christian Horner is of course being a huge prick about it.
Christian Horner is a charming dangerous psycho and I wouldn't trust him with anything.
Max has a weird face and seemed mildly entitled.
Perez seems like a sweetheart.

quote:

Mercedes -- Mercedes-AMG Petronas Formula One Team

Drivers: Lewis Hamilton & George Russell
Team Principal: Toto Wolff
Mercedes had a bad car last year and despite dubious technical decisions in their favor from the FIA they remained bad. They are fighting to get on the podium this year. (Disclaimer: George Russell loving sucks, both as a human and a driver.)
Toto seems like a tsundere autistic guy. Very European romantic type. I trust him completely.
Lewis seems very nice. Dresses like Tom Brady IMO, that more-money-than-sense kind of thing going on. Please change my mind post good fits.
George Russell roofied a girl on campus and got off with community service because of his father's connections.

quote:

Ferrari -- Scuderia Ferrari

Drivers: Charles Leclerc & Carlos Sainz
Team Principal: Frederic Vasseur
Ferrari fired their team principal and poached another. This has led to no changes in Ferrari’s fortunes, and they continue to make terrible decisions that limit the results they can achieve in their shitbox car.
I'm sad they got rid of Eraserhead. He seemed sweet but holy :lol: watching their fuckups was very funny.
Leclerc seems like Max in waiting, came off as immensely entitled and lovely. Extremely handsome though.
Sianz owns from what I could tell, could be wrong.

quote:

Aston Martin-Mercedes -- Aston Martin Aramco Cognizant Formula One Team

Drivers: Fernando Alonso & Lance Stroll
Team Principal: Mike Krack
Aston decided to copy the Red Bull this year, and they have a very fast car. They also have the best driver on the grid now with Fernando Alonso.
Mike Krack didn't get a lot of coverage but I'll take everyone's word that he's cool.
Alonso rocks and I'm glad he's thriving. Was super entertaining this weekend.

quote:

McLaren F1 Team -- McLaren-Mercedes

Drivers: Lando Norris & Oscar Piastri
Team Principal: Andrea Stella (lol... pictured is Zak Brown because oops!)
McLaren continue to spiral down the order, even though the incredible rise of McLaren has been massively understated. Their rookie driver Oscar Piastri looks quick, but the car doesn’t.
Okay Zak Brown is every shithead CEO I've interacted with rolled into one. And I looked him up and of course he ran some weird advertising or PR firm or whatever. Seems like a genuine piece of poo poo.

quote:

Alpine-Renault -- BWT Alpine F1 Team

Drivers: Pierre Gasly & Esteban Ocon
Team Principal: Otmar Szafnauer
The team is more French this year with two French drivers, but the car is an embarrassment. Drama between the drivers or crashes are the only way they’ll get coverage this year.
Szafnauer is a lower key piece of poo poo CEO. The way he talked about "loyalty" and was totally shocked his drivers left, then whined about the "investment". He's every middle manager talking about "family" being why you need to work weekends. Maybe write better contracts and cover your rear end dummy.

quote:

Haas-Ferrari -- Uralkali Haas F1 Team

Drivers: Kevin Magnussen & Nico Hulkenberg
Team Principal: Guenther Steiner
Haas had a good car last year and have managed to keep some of that edge this year. Their veteran drivers mean they are cruising for all the easy points they can get, and they may manage to get some this year.
Steiner seems adorable would :cheers: with him.

quote:

AlphaTauri-Red Bull -- Scuderia AlphaTauri

Drivers: Nyck De Vries & Yuki Tsunoda
Team Principal: Franz Tost
Inconsistent so far, and with a rookie driver Nyck DeVries, it’s unclear how fast the Alpha is.
Def wanted to slap Yuki by the end of his episode. Super embrassing.
De Vries playing cocky and then wrecking out half this season is pretty funny IMO.

quote:

Alfa Romeo-Ferrari -- Alfa Romeo F1 Team ORLEN (powered by Sauber)

Drivers: Zhou Guanyu & Valtteri Bottas
Team Principal: Alessandro Alunni Bravi (team representative???)
Forgettable both because of their midfield position and because they are yet another livery that appears almost black on camera.
Zhou's crash was awful and he's an underdog so I'm rooting for him.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Tell us your opinions on Bottas.

fart barterer
Aug 24, 2006

David Byrne - Like Humans Do (Radio Edit).mp3

Arc Hammer posted:

Tell us your opinions on Bottas.

Don't recognize him but the 'stache is killer there.

ja_raul
May 1, 2005
Sharl is not Max in waiting, he is not Dutch.
And Sainz, in fact, does not own.

ja_raul fucked around with this message at 06:56 on May 1, 2023

Witeldram
Feb 22, 2022

Arc Hammer posted:

I for one hope Checo wins Monaco and fucks over Max.

I want him to win the championship now to see the reactions from Max and Christian

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Mechafunkzilla posted:

I might just be weird but I don't find any of the Formula One racecar drivers very relatable

they aren't, they're all karting savants who were rich enough (or had enough backing) to make it all the way to f1

they have almost nothing in common with anyone who works a regular rear end job

Witeldram
Feb 22, 2022

Declan MacManus posted:

they aren't, they're all karting savants who were rich enough (or had enough backing) to make it all the way to f1

they have almost nothing in common with anyone who works a regular rear end job

Except for Esteban (and I think Lewis's father had to take up multiple jobs to support his career).

Esteban's family bet their house on his career. They sold their home and lived in a caravan as Esteban travelled to different places for races. I had so much more respect for him when I learned this.

It makes me wonder how many people have stories similar to Esteban's but didn't make it, or how many people out there have potential to succeed in F1 but don't have the money to make it there.

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

Witeldram posted:

Except for Esteban (and I think Lewis's father had to take up multiple jobs to support his career).

Esteban's family bet their house on his career. They sold their home and lived in a caravan as Esteban travelled to different places for races. I had so much more respect for him when I learned this.

It makes me wonder how many people have stories similar to Esteban's but didn't make it, or how many people out there have potential to succeed in F1 but don't have the money to make it there.

This is Alonso erasure

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

androo posted:

Leclerc seems like Max in waiting, came off as immensely entitled and lovely. Extremely handsome though.

Ban.

androo posted:

Extremely handsome though.

Ok maybe just a 6er

Witeldram posted:

Shame Ocon is a connard

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

Yeah yeah enough about this, What's your opinion on cast iron cookware?

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

gently caress me it's Miami already. How's the water looking? Nice and plasticky like everything in America?

Personal Lucubrant
Oct 18, 2016

Just thinking about what to do with all the money I don't have.

nawilo_420 posted:

tony quidtana posted:

Epic comeback bro

Personal Lucubrant
Oct 18, 2016

Personal Lucubrant
Oct 18, 2016

refleks posted:

gently caress me it's Miami already. How's the water looking? Nice and plasticky like everything in America?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwBS6QGsH_4

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

Waited a loving month for that steaming heap

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

Waited a loving month for that steaming heap

Don't sign your posts